Folks, This is a book you must read.

The once-great Classroom has been resurrected for a great purpose sacked and replaced with a glorified storage system and discussion board.
imaginamagica
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Folks, This is a book you must read.

Post by imaginamagica » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Lately, I've been dealing with a lot of stress in my life related to upcoming choices about college and otherwise. I have a very select set of choices for my next course of action at this time, but my general indecisiveness has left me coming away from my work on several occasions with a head full of what-ifs and a flurry of self-doubt.
So last night, I brought my worries to God and asked him to help me find the courage within myself to make a decision and put my all into it. And but a few minutes later, I remembered a book I had picked up last year, sped through, and put aside. It was very inspirational, as I remember, but I felt as if I had missed something. So once again, I have picked up The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield, and I highly encourage all of you who answer yes to any of the questions he asks in the following excerpt to pick up a copy for yourselves.
Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance.

Have you ever brought home a treadmill and let it gather dust in the attic? Ever quit a diet, a course of yoga, a meditation practice? Have you ever bailed out on a call to embark upon a spiritual practice, dedicate yourself to a humanitarian calling, commit your life to the service of others? Have you ever wanted to be a mother, a doctor, an advocate for the weak and helpless; to run for office, crusade for the planet, campaign for world peace, or to preserve the environment?
Late at night have you experienced a version of the person you might become, the work you might accomplish, the realized being you were meant to be? Are you a writer who doesn't write, a painter who doesn't paint, an entrepreneur who never starts a venture? Then you know what Resistance is.

--Stephen Pressfield, The War of Art--

Return to “Neo Classroom”