Name Schemes

Everything else goes here. Just be respectful, of course, but RP rules don't apply.
Learpabru
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Name Schemes

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:10 am

Share what led you to the names of your characters, abilities, weapons, origins, and whatever else here. You don't have to give all your info at once, or even any of it at all; it is spam, after all.

Noah Ivaldi:
-"Noah" is just a cool Bible name. I used it in an RP that Emmy and I started, but she wasn't into battle RPing at the time, so it didn't work out. When I was brainstorming the character up and decided that he should be a summoner, I had forgotten about the most powerful Eidolon of FFIX, "Ark", so that, actually, was completely coincidental.
-"Ivaldi" was a pretty random bastardization of my Youtube account name, which already has a humorous, little story to itself. As it turns-out, "Ivaldi" is also the name of a tome that Noah will eventually receive at least one copy of. In fact, that tome is from the same game series that Noah was initially to be based on, and still is for a large part, Fire Emblem! One of my most random names is actually about the most fitting. I find that to be bloody hilarious. xD
-Abyssal Suit, Umbral Robes, and Penumbral Cloak: The suit is the closest to my skin and found beneath the other clothes, so it is the abyss of my attire. "Umbral" is simply "dark," while "pen-" is a prefix that means "second-most-". The robes are a dark portion of my clothing, the cloak is the second-most deep, dark wardrobe pieces, and the suit is so deep and dark that it isn't considered in the competition between other pieces (thus the name "Penumbral", as one would think it to be the thirdmost of them, but it's just the second if you don't count the abyss). The same naming scheme is used for the three levels of the Subterra of the Pharos at Ridorana in FFXII.
-"Grogh Shoes" are simply named after a recurring mountain range in the FF series, just like the recurring item, Germinas Boots.

Leilani Decima Bunansa:
-"Leilani" is a pretty name that means "flower".
-"Decima" is a generic female name in FF Tactics and its remake, FFT: The War of the Lions. I chose it because I had a generic female character that I had made into a physical character that was exceedingly bad in the ass.
-"Bunansa" is not only the last name of Balthier from FFXII, but originally Mustadio from FFT. In the Soluna System, the dimension-intersection from which Lei and Noah hail, Mustadio and Agrias Oaks got married, and Lei is their kid. Yeah, that explains her badassery. It doesn't explain her status as a viera, though? Oh-ho! Tune in next time on- Wait a second . . .
-Everything is called a "construct" with her in respect to Construct 8 (and, to a lesser extent, Construct 7), the robot ally (and enemy, for 7) that one may obtain in FFT: TWotL. The only exception to this is the spell, "Construct" (verb, not noun). I had the idea for the Build and Construct spells long ago.

Learpabru, Lynette Marie:
-Leanan is a famous viera in FFT Advance, so that was picked as a base to grant a clue to the fact that the user is the same person as Leilani's user. As a matter of fact, Leanan is a powerful summoner, so that gave a clue to the same for Noah. I simply took about 2.5 letters off the end of the name, then added "pabru", which is "paint brush" conglomerated.
-"Lynette" and "Marie" are just pretty names that I threw together. I chose them as I thought of Lynette from the Soul Calibur series and Maria from the Sonic series.
-As all of her dances so far are based on FF dances and songs, their names are often the same as, slight alterations of, or fusions of names of FF performances. "Wither Polka" is so called because its ability to wither enemy stats away is partially a mix of "Heathen Frolic" ("frolic" being taken for later use in "Rapture Frolic") and "Polka", which reduce MAG and STR, respectively, and hail from FFT. Their effects resemble the recurring "Wither" status.
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

Revil
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by Revil » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 pm

this is just the names for now, and just those character on this site.

tG

first he started out as Liuetenant, then i changed his name to the General after removing him from naruto in which he was created for. He was changed to the General upon entering my book the Colonial Age

Revil

full name is Abraham Noah Revil, Johanna Abraham Revil is a gundam character, i liked Revil a lot despite him being a minor minor character.

Slain

it means to kill

King Erik

named after an old freind Erik miller.
DANGER: Human Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Archon Rising
phpBB [media]

Forever Calm
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=314
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=313
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:24 am

Dycedarg and Zalbaag are the elder brothers of the Beoulve family, Ramza being one of the main chars in Final Fantasy Tactics(: The War of the Lions). This villain carries the appearance of the good bro, Zalbaag, but the name of the Machiavellian, the eldest, and the only one who brings dishonor to the family name, using cunning, deceit, and corruption to accomplish his ambitions in an "ends justify the means" mentality, including inconspicuously poisoning his father with mossfungus long before the game's start, the eventual cause of his death. Zalbaag was originally the best fighter, though Ramza's skill eclipsed his in the course of the game, and Zalbaag died in a single hit from Adrammelech, one of the Lucavi (powerful beings that were central to the storyline and later re-designed as Espers in FFXII), the one that Dycedarg transformed into as he was dying from Zalbaag's duel with him.
Briefly put, my character has the name, ambitious attitude, and evil of one bro, the appearance and (usually) straight-forwardness of the other, the combat competence of them together, and enough fickleness that makes him a pretty random blend at any given moment.

Laola is just a pretty, flowery name. Because she's a lilith, I thought that it would be cute to have more Ls, both as a sort of indirect alliteration and because the L sound heavily involves the tongue, an especially noteworthy part of a lilith's anatomy. It occurred to me after I made Laola that all of the names for my female, regular chars (not Royals, Archvillains, NPCs, so on) started with L . . .

Joanna is another random, pretty selection. It's also an allusion to Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which I had recently seen the Tim Burton version of. If you've listened to the song of her signature, you probably already knew that. If you're wondering about the signature stamp, I decided to use a grey fleur-de-lis because grey is her color, fleurs-de-lis are common symbols in historical architecture and documents, Sora's (Kingdom Hearts) symbol is also a fleur-de-lis, and KH is cool. I had also recently been playing KH, so there's that.

Shir-Nuzreh: I can't remember exactly what terms I started with (probably "magic," "sphere," "orb," "arcane," and/or "puzzle"), but I performed my typical naming method of throwing terms into a cypher language translator a bunch of times and smashing together pieces that come out nicely until I have something that sounds cool.
"I am the Almagest, and I am the Divine Conqueror! Only I am fit to rule!"

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Return to “Spam”