FFXIII-2 Builds

Everything else goes here. Just be respectful, of course, but RP rules don't apply.
K
Posts in topic: 6
Guild:

FFXIII-2 Builds

Post by K » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am

Monster-----: Silver Chocobo
Monster Role: Sentinel

The Build: The simplest way to do this is to YL everything, and it's easy. If you want to have everything unlocked, you need to mix the order around so that certain monsters don't lock each other, skip the **s, add another Lancer to unlock Improved Guard, and filter out Crit: Tetra with extra steps. I can show you the best way to go about that, but it's not worth it.
Item Scavenger II (RL)
HP +30% (8)
STR +35% (7)
MAG +35% (7)
Resist Physical +36% (7)
Resist Magic +36% (7)
Role Resonance (7)
Improved Counter II (6)
Feral Speed II (6)
Improved Ward (5)

Monster Materials to use: all Potent

Purpose of this Monster-: SENs are so tough that they don't need vitality materials and abilities. In fact, you may need neither, but SENs are here for defense, so we have some defensive passives. Everything else is about counterattacks and Kweh Kweh so that you have some nice offense to go with your tank.

Gather these monsters:
**) STR + X%, Resist Physical +X%, and Resist Magic +X% monsters
Lv48 Green Chocobo
Lv23 Mewmao
Lv54 Forked Cat
Lv24 Tonberry
Lv30 Frag Leech * 2
Lv1 Pulse Gladiator
Lv29 Pulse Gladiator
Lv20 Lancer * 2

Mix Lancers and Lv1 Pulse Glad (Lancer -> Pulse Glad -> Lancer OR Lancer * 2 -> Pulse Glad).
mix result -> Silver (Learn: Element Guard)
** monsters (any time as long as they're before the respective passives to be locked) -> Lv29 Pulse Glad
Mewmao, then Forked Cat, then Tonberry -> Lv29 Pulse Glad
Green Chocobo (any time after Resist Physical +X% junk) and Frag Leech * 2 > Silver
LAST: Lv29 Pulse Glad -> Silver Chocobo (Learn: Entrench, Element Guard if you missed it)

ALT: Infuse Lv29 Pulse Glad onto LV1 Mud Frog or Grand Behemoth. The RLed Crit: Tetra will get rid of Pulse Glad's, but you'll have to pick up Entrench from someone else. Infuse the two Lancers, another Improved Guard source (Lv10 Lancer or Lv8 Flandit) to unlock that, and infuse everyone else in any order. Skip the ** junks and the second Frag Leech. You get fewer YLs, but you don't need them due to lack of Crit: Tetra.

Special Notes--: Whether you level Silver before, after, or during the process does not matter if you yellow-lock the R6- abilities! Everything here is so versatile as to be idiot-proof! . . . . . Well, sorta'. Never underestimate stupidity. If you don't want to yellow-lock Feral Speed II or Improved Counter II, you should reach Lv44 before throwing them in. Also, the infusion order doesn't matter EXCEPT for Lv29 Pulse Glad coming last. There's lots of external YLing on him so that Improved Counter can easily exist on Silver, allowing ICII (from Lv29 Pulse Glad) to get locked, which totals to a fully locked list and thereby keeps Crit: Tetra and even the YLed Improved Guard from getting in the way.

Alternatives - Alternative abilities are Item Collector (in case you don't have/use a Durable CC, wish to farm stuff, and don't mind switching to SEN at the battle's end), Chain Bonus Boost II (a very slight offensive boost under the right circumstances; situationally exchangeable with Role Resonance), Gilfinder II (if you really feel the need for more), or Improved Guard II (totally unnecessary and expensive). Of these, I would argue that only CBBII and perhaps Item Collector would be worth considering in the long run. Crit: Tetra could also be used, but, if you're in a battle in which it'll activate, you're already casting the defenses, anyway.
You can sac Role Resonance for something else, I guess. Role Resonance will only help when you're countering/FLing in Tortoise formation. You can consider letting a defensive ability, such as HP +30%, go. You can have a Pulse Glad level up more for Role Resonance and even HP +30%, but it is more efficient to use Frag Leeches.

Other Abilities - Throw 51 more MED levels in for Reprieve.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 am

Monster-----: Metalligantuar
Monster Role: Sentinel

The Build: The order of abilities can vary because the order of infusion can. All abilities will be locked. If you want a non-locking alternative, I can show you how to do that, or you can run the build, then unlock things.
Immovable II (RL)
Pressure II (RL)
Critical: Tetradefense
HP +30%
STR +35%
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
Feral Speed II
Improved Counter II

Purpose of this Monster-: This is a requested, counter-oriented Metalligantuar build. Metalligantuar is resistant to ailments, is very strong, has two handy abilities, and has a provoking FL, so it's certainly a fine option.

Gather these Monsters:
Metalligantuar
Gancanagh * 2 OR Lv20 Lancer * 2 (if you want Improved Ward)
Note: You may replace one Gancanagh with a Lv7 White Chocobo in case you eff up and lock MAG +35%.
Also, note: A Lv4 Gancanagh Ace is just as good as a Gancanagh. You'll see fewer G. Aces than G.s, though.
*** monster with optional ability * 2 (unless running Lancers)
** any monster with HP +X%
Lv54 Forked Cat
** any monster with Resist Magic +X%
Lv23 Mewmao
** any monster with Resist Physical +X%
Lv48 Green Chocobo
** any monster with STR +X%
Lv24 Tonberry
Lv29 Pulse Gladiator * 2
another Lv29 Pulse Glad and Lv20 Lancer if you want 0 yellow locks

Infuse like so:
1) 2 of the following: pot cats / Greeny (prefixed by respective **s if you want them locked) > Metal
2) Lancer * 2 OR Gancanagh * 2 > Metal
*** optional monster * 2 > Metal
3) remainder from Step 1 > Metal
4) Pulse Glad * 2
Optional: Tonberry > ** for locked STR +35%, then replace Tonberry in next step with this **
5) Tonberry > Metal

Order Notes: The earliness of the pot cats and Greeny are to safely fill up the list so that unwanted abilities can soon be pushed out, and some unwanted abilities can never get in. If you're not running Lancers, the Gancanaghs, optional ability monsters, pot cats, and Green Chocobo can be infused in any order, as long as they all come before Pulse Glad. Once again, if you do not want Improved Ward, everything before Step 4 can come in any order. Do note, however, that the **s can't make their way in if the list is already full, so they should come first and be immediately followed by their superiors if they are used.
If you're running Lancers, infuse them at any time that the following conditions are met: The list has nine or ten abilities. The lowest of them is an unwanted R5 ability, namely Kill: ATB Charge or, if you infused Tonberry early, Ally KO: Power Surge. If there are ten abilities, the lowest two must be unwanted R5s, which means that an early Tonberry doesn't get in the way at all. (Typical scenario: Infuse both pot cats. Infuse both Lancers. Continue. You can switch one of the pot cats with Greeny. You can put the respective **s on Metal beforehand, too.)
Pulse Gladiators come late because you don't want their Resist Imperil +44% to come in and get locked, though you can just unlock it with another copy of Resist Imperil +10 or 44% if you mess up.
Tonberry is last so that MAG +35% can't fit in.

Alternate:
1) Tonberry > Metal (when Metal is between Lv28 and Lv49)
both pot cats and Greeny > Metal
2) Lancer * 2 OR Pulse Glad * 2 OR Gancanagh * 2 and optional ability monster * 2 > Metal
3) Lancer * 2 OR remainder from Step 3
4) Level-up to 70 OR infuse two YLed/high-ranked abilities (must be YLed if R6 or below, can be YLed on an extra monster or any one of the previous steps). Alternatively, one or two of these can be switched with the pot cats and/or Green Chocobo.
Note: The Lancers are Pulse Glads both push out an empty slot and one R5, so their order doesn't matter after the pot cats and Tonberry! This can also be done if you infuse Tonberry later, but unlock MAG +35%.
Roughly the same principle applies to the Gananagh way, except that you should remember one thing: If the optional ability is R5 or R4 (Item Scavenger II?), it should NOT come last. Definitely infuse it before Feral Speed II or before Pulse Glad.

Special Notes--: Level first so that Pressure II and Immovable II will help you. Otherwise, you'll have to put two yellow-locked or R7+ abilities in as substitutes (which you may want to do, anyway, if you want to skip the last two levels and just stick with two different abilities) in order to successfully push out the other abilities in the first method. It's possible to infuse Tonberry between Lv39 and 49 to YL STR +35% without touching MAG, and that makes it easier to push Kill: Libra out, or you could do it even earlier, just after Lv28, so that STR +35% doesn't get a lock. If you mess up and infuse Tonberry when you already have a MAG +X% ability, so it gets YLed, just infuse another monster with MAG +X% to unlock it. You need YLs on every R6- ability to get it in over Kill: Libra, which is R7. If you don't like YLs, you can unlock those afterward. This explains the immediate doubling-up on monsters. STR +35% and Resist Phy/Mag +36% are R7; if you put them in after learning Kill: Libra, they don't need locks. HP +30% is R8 and doesn't need a YL at all.

Author's Notes-: If you want all yellow locks, simply follow the optional steps (the ** monsters), and you've got it! If you have have an odd desire to have no YLs, you still have to follow one of these to get rid of Kill: Libra, then perform extra infusions to unlock the R6- abilities. Note that, if you screw up and get a YLed MAG +35%, you can easily unlock it with any other MAG +X% ability, and all is right with the world. Lv7 White Chocobo carries Feral Speed II and Magic +10%, so you can replace a Gancanagh with it to kill two bird in one stone (Oh, ha. I just caught that.), and there are tons of other MAG +X% sources. If you screw up big-time and lock an ability that you don't want locked, relax; these monsters all have really easily-unlocked abilities. Use Lv7 Zwerg Metro, Lv8 Flanborg, or Lv15 Dendrobium to unlock Resist Imperil +44%, and use Lv8 Flandit or Lv10 Lancer to unlock Improved Guard. Better yet, if you're facing that, you could just use the external yellow lock system; Resist Imperil +44% is only R4, and Improved Guard is only R5, so both can be pushed out by any other YLed abilities! You just have to make sure that all of your wanted abilities are locked. If you've totally screwed up your Metalligantuar build (You used the wrong materials, didn't you?), you can at least infuse it into some empty monster (Use a Mud Frog if there are abilities that you want to filter out. Otherwise, any monster with no unwanted, high-ranked passives will work! I get tired of seeing everyone recommending a Lv19 Mud Frog when a Lv1 Chocobo will do the exact same job.), YL wanted abilities, filter out unwanted abilities if necessary, and infuse that into your new Metal to save yourself a lot of trouble.

Alternatives - This build leaves one open slot for your preferences. Because this is a highly offensive build, I say that you should consider a Lv30 Pink Lily for Chain Bonus Boost II, but you may want Improved Ward. I don't recommend Improved Ward for an offensive focus, but, if your intent is to use a counter-oriented SEN that will still keep your chars alive, it's worth considering. YOU DO NOT WANT IMPROVED GUARD II. That will compel your Metal to more frequently use -guard abilities and less frequently use counter-inducing abilities! Finally, you could sac FSII for something else, but I'm not really sure what else you'd want.
It has been suggested that you could stop at Lv68 and replace Immovable II and Pressure II with other abilities. I don't recommend it because I'm pretty sure that these are handy abilities (though I haven't tested much and could be wrong), but you may prefer the arguably superfluous Resist Elements +30% and Rapid Recovery (in case another monster gets some crap and you want to switch to Metal in order to get well soon), as the original requester suggested. If you do this, I strongly suggest yellow-locking the replacements, at least for the purposes of filling out the build. You can unlock them afterward if you want to. Resist Elements +30% is an R9 ability and therefore does not need a lock at all. I assume that you're working with two RLs and use that to push out some unwanted abilities, so YLing alternatives or having an especially high-ranking substitute(s) (at least R7 and placed after Kill: Libra, or else R8 or R9) is nigh-essential to following this build the simple way.

Other abilities – Fringeward and Mediguard can come from a Pulse Glad and a Lancer (at any level), respectively. As with the Pulse Glad build above, throw three Cait Siths or other MEDs in for Reprieve. You'll need more if you screw up and infuse the Green Chocobo where you shouldn't (though I specifically optimized my methods so that you would never have to). If you wish to consolidate some steps and have more materials than a horse could choke on, you could use an extra Lv48 Green Chocobo in place of the Resist Physical +X% ** monster, and you'd only have to cough up three more MED levels for Reprieve.

Leilani
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

** Monster List
I am only omitting entries that are either unique monsters, rare monsters, or require 30+ levels.

Good sources of Resist Physical + X% are Lv3 Hoplite, any Seeping Brie (also carries STR +10% at Lv17), Lv9 Tabasco Toad (also carries STR +10%), Lv4 Major Moblin (also carries STR +10% at Lv30), Lv3 Pulse Soldier, Lv14 Breshan Bass, any Fachan, Lv7 Purple Chocobo, Lv12 Thexteron, any Green Chocobo, or even a Lv18 Calautidon or Lv20 Munchkin Boss (also carries STR and MAG +20%).

Good Resist Magic + X% sources are Lv6 Moblin, Lv6 Vespid Soldier, Lv10 Bloodfang Bass, Lv9 Spiceacilian, any Unsaganashi, Lv6 Imp, Lv4 Mewmao, Lv4 Testudo, Lv3 Cait Sith, Lv12 Flanitor, or even a Lv20 Buccaboo Ace (also carries STR and MAG +20%).

Good sources of both are Lv29 Nekton (also carries MAG +10%), Lv29 Pleuston (also carries MAG +10%), Lv12 Tezcatlipoca (not recommended), Lv12 Xoliti (still not recommended), and Lv29 Breshan Bass.

Good sources of HP +X% that are below Lv30 are any Luminous Puma, Lv2 Yaksha, Lv3 Bunkerbeast, Lv3 Pulse Knight, Lv4 Lucidon, Lv6 Chunerpeton, Lv7 Forked Cat, Lv8 Grenade, Lv9 Testudo (also carries Resist Magic +15%), Lv10 Pulse Soldier (also carries Resist Physical + 15%), Lv10 Mewmao (also carries Resist Magic + 15%), and Lv24 Flandit (also carries Improved Guard, great for unlocking the unwanted or setting up for a lock on a wanted Improved Guard II).

Learpabru
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 am

I fixed my Silver Chocobo build. In the end, both of these offensive SEN builds are similar. Silver has RLed Item Scavenger II, while Metalligantuar has RLed Pressure II and Immovable II, so Silver has room for MAG +35%, while Metalligantuar relies totally on physics. I have a bit more respect for Improved Ward because I now know of some rather powerful area-affecting attacks. Metalligantuar is more likely to get some use out of Crit: Tetra than Silver because it has much less HP and because Silver's superior offense helps to end the battle sooner.

They effectively have the same alternatives, but I didn't think that Gilfinder II and Item Collector were worth mentioning on Metalligantuar. Improved Guard II will get in the way of counters, so I only threw it in as an alternative if you really think that the extra defense is worth it, as it may become in some future DLC. Metal was explicitly requested as a counter-oriented SEN, so I specifically tossed Improved Guard II out.

By the way, it's possible that an unwanted ability can get its way onto your Silver if you start infusing before even reaching Lv9, but Item Scavenger II will override it, so don't worry as long as you followed the order.
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 am

In case anyone is still reading these, they're a bit outdated.

Silver: I would change. . . uh. . . -checks again. . . and again. . .- nothing. Believe it or not, despite all the little mechanical details that have come up, my Silver build has only been validated. Oh, except that I typoed part of the process. My bad. I'll fix that when I get a moment.

Metalligantuar: Since Improved Guard II actually doesn't mess with SEN AI, it works fine on Metal. Improved Ward is also a bit more important than I had previously thought it to be. Well, actually, that's debatable; because of the unique-ish way in which Metalligantuar is used (I'll explain that later.), Improved Ward is not very pertinent because Fringeward isn't very pertinent. I still don't know whether or not Metal's FL multi-triggers CBBII, so I can't speak for that, and it is a weak link, all things considered. Crit: Tetra has always been a touchy subject. On one hand, it's a great ability overall; it gives you tons of duration on all four defenses. On the other hand, if you really need those, you can have Noel cast them, so that leaves the slot open to Crit: Shield II or something else of a more pertinent nature. Oh, right; if you're using Metal for a Cactuar Pack Mentality with the size quirk, you may actually be using Gigantuar in one of your other slots, which means that the defenses would be cast (with remarkable durations, I might add), anyway, so that's another strike. It turns out that I had overestimated the Cut and Keep mechanics; they're a little too simple, so Pressure II is unlikely to make any difference. However, you need it for Immovable II, which does make a bit of a difference and is kinda' important to how Metal is used.
Overall, the changes that I am thinking to make are as follows: I'll take out Pressure II and Immovable II and make them alternatives (as a collection, 'cause Pressure II is only there to get in the way of Immovable II). I'll do the same with Crit: Tetra and emphasize Crit: Shield II as a slightly more optimal option, as long as you don't mind having those spells cast, anyway. Improved Ward will be put on the main list, but points will be brought up against it, so it can be seen as a strong alt, so to speak. Improved Guard II will also go up there, but it doesn't make succh a big difference as what some people like to think, so it's acceptible to think of it as a elatively weak link. I need test results that I'll probably never get for CBBII, but it'll probably always be an alt.
Oh. Oops. I forgot Role Resonance. My bad. Hmm. . .

K
Guild:

Post by K » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:19 am

I changed the Silver infusion process, since I know that Lv20 Lancer can only pass one role ability. You now infuse Lv29 Pulse Glad directly to Silver, allowing you to pick up Entrench at that point without wasting another monster.

I will submit the other Silver builds after work.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 am

Oi, delays, delays. . . Before I move on to the next build, note that Pack Mentality works like a charm on offensive SEN builds. Fortunately, the packs of the three offensive SENs are DLC (huge efficiency), chocobo (slightly less huge efficiency), and cactuar (quirky, fun, and, believe it or not, pretty damned efficient). As long as you have access to it (i.e. Snow+Valfodr DLC or no care to keep Nanochu/Chichu, feasibly on an alt. file), you should certainly flush an ability out and insert Pack Mentality.
Weak links to sacrifice for PM: Because they're already so tough, defenses may be seen as easy to sacrifice from offensive SEN builds, so don't feel bad about getting rid of IGII, HP +30%, or even both Resists. I would feel bad about giving up all defenses, though. FSII is also able to be lost, though it is still pretty useful, so I'd be hesitant to sac it. ICII can go if you're looking strictly at boss battles. Improved Ward is a weak link for Metalligantuar.

That being said, just like in the FAQ, the only reason why Pack Mentality isn't in the "main" builds for these guys is that there's the accessibility issue. I find this argument to be weak for Snow, obviously, which is why my original Snow build included PM. I do NOT recommend wasting your Nanochu or especially Chichu on one of these guys unless A) you have the DLC to replace them, B) you are doing this on an alternate save file, or C) you're so led by personal preference that you'll never use Chichu/Nanochu, in which case I still recommend that you keep another save file in case you change your mind, as many have after watching Chichu OMNOMNOM everything to death.

Without further delay, here is the Omni-Silver build:

Monster-----: Silver Chocobo
Monster Role: Sentinel/Racer

Item Scavenger II (RL, Dark Horse)
Auto-Haste (9) or Auto-Tetradefense (9) or Auto-Bravery (7) (Free Spirit)
Critical: Tetradefense (8, Marathoner)
Kill: Libra (7) or Kill: ATB Charge (5) (Limelight)
STR +35% (7)
MAG +35% (7)
Improved Counter II (6, Second Wind)
First Strike (6, Sprinter)
Feral Speed II (6, Attention Hog)
Improved Cure II or Critical: Shield II (Turbo) OR Ally KO: Power Surge II (Blue Streak) (all 6)

Purpose of this Monster-: Silver Chocobo is capable of being an unbeatable racer and an awesome, offensive SEN at the same time!

Special Notes--: Infusion processes vary by individual selections.
Impoved Counter II comes from Lv29 Pulse Gladiator and is essential as long as you intend to use this in random battles. It's nothing to boss fights, but I assume that you'll be using this in random fights and boss fights, so it's important. Infuse Lv1 Pulse Glad before it so that it gets a lock.
STR +35% is there to strengthen counters. If you're only concerned with FLs or are just pressed for space, it's a weak link.
MAG +35% is there to strengthen FLs. I can't imagine not taking advantage of Silver's powerful FL to the fullest, but it can be skipped if you just want something for random battles, I guess.
If you want to keep Ally KO: Power Surge II (for Blue Streak), use a Lv30 Tonberry. If you don't want STR +35%, infuse it onto a Lv4+ Koboldroid Yin, first. If you don't want MAG +35%, infuse Tonberry before other R7 passives or lock them first. If you want neither, you may use Lv65 Ceratoraptor (also carries Kill: ATB Charge at Lv72) or you may simply infuse Tonberry before other R7s. Note that, if you do not want Ally KO: Power Surge, just infuse your Tonberry at the appropriate level. MAG +35% comes at Lv22, while STR +35% comes at Lv24.
Improved Cure II is for strengthening Mediguard. Choosing between it and Crit: Shield II is a matter of playstyle and preference. For it, infuse Lv1 Cait Sith for Improved Cure, then Lv39 Exoray for Improved Cure II.
Critical: Shield II is for extra defense while critical. Lv2 Koboldroid Yin or Lv1 Swampmonk provide Crit: Shield. Use a Lv40 Koboldroid Yin (also carries Kill: Libra) or Lv39 Swampmonk (also carries ATB Advantage) for Crit: Shield II. If you want all three of these abilities, just infuse Lv40 KY and Lv39 Swampmonk.
Blue Streak and Turbo will both be fine. Blue Streak may be slightly better at guaranteeing that you won't run out of stamina, but you should have no problems with either, especially with Marathoner.
Sprinter is very good. First Strike comes from Lv58 Clematis. Infuse it right after ATB Advantage, which comes from Lv28 Swampmonk or Lv30 Clematis. If you use Lv30 Clematis, you should either infuse them onto Lv9 Gorgonopsid (at lv13+, can also be used for MAG +X% junk to lock or unlock MAG +35%) for RL negation or infuse some Resist Poison +X% junk (such as Sahagin Prince's +44%) afterward. The simplest way is to just use a Lv39 Swampmonk for Crit: Shield II and ATB Advantage, then use that to lock First Strike.
Critical: Tetradefense comes from the same Pulse Gladiator that will give you Improved Counter II. Marathoner may not be necessary for stamina in long races with Attention Hog and 800+ MAG, so this is probably a very weak link. To skip it, infuse your Lv29 Pulse Glad onto a Lv1 Mud Frog or Grand Behemoth; the RL negation will allow you to transfer ICII without Crit: Tetra.
Kill: Libra is equal in uselessness to Kill: ATB Charge, so you may as well pick it up from Koboldroid Yin. If you skip KY, use CTRL + F in the Monster FAQ to find the other sources. There are plenty. It's R7, so infuse it after Tonberry if Tonberry has an R7 that you don't want.
Kill: ATB Charge has to be infused twice to be YLed, as it's R5. If you're gonna' do this, you may as well use Lv27 Illuyankas to pick up FSII.
FSII is a good passive, and Attention Hog is good, too. Don't skip this. Unless using Illuyankas, infuse two Lv7 White Chocobos. If you don't want MAG +35%, you should infuse a Lv4 White Chocobo after Tonberry.
You will want Free Spirit. Like all racing abilities, it's not exactly essential, but it does make a nice difference. If you use Lv41 Schrodinger (Auto-HST) or Lv60 Tezcatlipoca (Auto-Tetra), infuse before other R7 passives. If you use Lv45 Sahagin Prince (Auto-HST), infuse after Clematis. For Auto-BRV, infuse after unwanted R7s or lock it by double-infusing. You can get it from Lv29 Narasimha (also carries Jungle Law) as the cheapest source, or you can infuse Tonberry onto a Lv36 Thermadon/Lv40 Major Moblin to lock STR +35% and get Auto-BRV.

Alternatives - Role Resonance sounds like a great ability to have. It is pretty nice; it just can't fit. It's used to boost FL power when using FLs during Tortoise so that you tank, as opposed to just walling. However, MAG +35% does a much better job of this. Rocket Blast is a convenience, not an essential. As I said before, Rocket Blast doesn't make Sprinting Start better. It just opens the time window during which you can hit the button to activate it. It shouldn't be hard to get a feel for the timing, anyway, but I know better than to hold others to my standard. xD
I suppose that, if you're farming, you can replace FSII with Gilfinder II.
Rapid Recovery is not a good passive, but it provides Health Nut, if you're after that.
Improved Ward is nice for battle, and Lightning Bolt can be your strategy (This means subtracting Improved Cure II, Crit: Shield II, or Ally KO: Power Surge II), but you need Runaway in place of Second Wind, which means no ICII and dealing with the limited Runaway accessibility. Chain Bonus Boost II can also take Improved Ward's place, but low attack frequency makes it mean little, so Improved Ward is better.
As another alternative, you could get Supersonic from Improved Guard II or Critical: Power Surge II. This also requires Runaway, not Second Wind, and it's the least effective strategy in the long races, so I don't recommend it.
Runaway comes from Jungle Law (which may be okay in most random battles, but gimps you against bosses), Hindrance (which just gimps counters), and Pack Mentality (which has a serious accessibility issue). If you can work with Pack Mentality, that's great and all, but is it worth giving up ICII? Well, if you're just going with boss battles, sure, and you can take Role Resonance over STR +35%, while you're at it.
If you have the space, infusing two of those Auto-Statuses is a nice idea for taking advantage of the starting-SEN setup.
You can use Crit: FTH for Free Spirit, Crit: BRV for Sprinter, and keep Crit: Tetra and Crit: Shield II (or maybe Crit: Power Surge II), then maybe throw in a Crit: HST to have a nice crit strat going. The problem is that SENs aren't good at going critical, obviously.

Other Abilities - Infuse more MED levels for Reprieve.

Last note: The variability of this build is inevitable. If you want all decisions made for you and spoon-fed to you, go away. There are just too many choices that are 100% preferential/playstyle-based for me to just hand you a for-dummies list on a silver platter. The order notes aren't even so complex; infuse lower abilities before their higher versions to lock the higher versions, infuse the R7s after doing that for the R6s and R5s so that you don't run into space issues with those lower abilities, infuse unwanted R7s (Resilience +20%, Resist Phy/Mag +36%, maybe MAG +35%, and maybe STR +35%) before other R7s for the "out with the old, in with the new" rule, and you're done. It's the same order rules as pretty much everywhere else. Just get over your babying format obsession and read it, or go away. I don't care to hear your complaints.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 am

Here are all the sources of racing abilities (full list a la Piggyback guide):
Attention Hog: Feral Speed II, Gilfinder II
Blue Streak: Improved Debuffing I/II, Ally KO: Power Surge I/II, Critical: Protect
Dark Horse: Item Scavenger II, Item Collector
Free Spirit: Auto-Bravery, Auto-Faith, Auto-Vigilance, Auto-Haste, Auto-Tetra, Critical: Faith
Health Nut: Rapid Recovery, Bonus CP
Lightning Bolt: Improved Ward, Stagger Maintenance I/II, Chain Bonus Boost I/II
Limelight: Kill: ATB Charge, Kill: Libra
Marathoner: Critical: Vigilance, Critical: Tetradefense
Perseverance: Auto-Protect, Auto-Shell, Auto-Veil, Improved Raise I/II, Attack: ATB Charge I/II
Rocket Blast: Role Resonance, Feral Surge, Critical: Shell, or any three Resists
Runaway: Jungle Law, Hindrance, Pack Mentality
Second Wind: Improved Counter I/II, Fettered Magic
Sprinter: Critical: Bravery, Critical: Veil, ATB Advantage, First Strike
Supersonic: Critical: Power Surge I/II, Quick Stagger, Improved Guard I/II
Turbo: Improved Cure I/II, Critical: Shield I/II, Siphon Boost I/II, Defense Maintenance I/II

Thanks to this, you can see all possible alternatives. I listed logical and semi-logical alternatives. I mean, you could add Fettered Magic in place of ICII for Second Wind if you really wanted to, but. . . >_>
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Spam”