Angel Stone

Everything else goes here. Just be respectful, of course, but RP rules don't apply.
K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Angel Stone

Post by K » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:07 am

As you all know, I spend a lot of time researching other games. One such game is Angel Stone. I've written some handy advice for n00bs on it, and I'm storing it here so that I don't have to deal with the chatbox's horrid character limit.

Read the info on the loading screens and click around. You'll learn much more that way than you can in chat.
Don't sell; dismantle. You get plenty of objects to sell, and the gold struggle is real, but so's the iron struggle, to most. Now that they have more iron prizes from Demon Raid, selling some gear is sensible, but I still would pretty much exclusively dismantle before Lv60.
Turn off target trace if you want to aim your skills manually.
Don't reinforce more than you must to progress. Any excess reinforcements before about Lv40 are bad.
Thinking about forging/enchanting before Lv60? We have an acronym for the policy on that. It's called D.O.N.T. It means, "Doooon't do it . . . ever . . . seriously." Crafting is always a horrible, overpriced gamble; D.O.N.T. Tier II crafting is different. Do.
After completing your five forge chances, you can spend carats to continue forging. It costs 1,000 a pop, but at least you get to choose the option that you forge to. Save your carats, and you can eventually have nice things.
The dungeon abbreviations are D1-D8. It's just a left-to-right reading of the party dungeons and raids. It's even simpler than it was before, now that we don't use things like "3H" to designate the now-removed "heroic" versions of D3-D5.
New coop policy: When you first spawn, run around in tight circles. The party doesn't advance until everyone is moving. Lag is a real problem, and teamwork is a thing, so it's best to make sure that you're all going at once.
Watch your whispers in Battle Zone. The PVP in this game makes no sense, so a lot of people operate in truces so that we can just get easy loot. Not Koreans, though. Plus, if you want PVP, the Colosium is free, and so is normal TDM.
Fever Time: The next time that you enter a stage that drops equipment, the drop rate for legendaries is 99% or so (reports vary). It doesn't expire until you enter such a non-dungeon mission.
Don't use buffs in Demon Raid or Battle Zone. The former gimps your points. The latter is just a waste.
Tubal-Cain's molds are used to upgrade Lv60 gear into Tier II. Tier II gear gets a stat buff, the reinforcement stat caps rise (so don't reinforce gear beyond about 80% or so, enough to get through D7 without reviving, beforehand), and the forge chances reset. Therefore, it's okay to work with an item that has only one great option, forge another, Tier II craft, and forge the last. If you already have nice gear, but it's not your final gear, do the crafting for your final gear, then reinforce it, then put it on and dismantle the old.
urgametips.com has a lot of good info. It used to have every option and unique option that can be found on each item. It's a bit dated, though.
Wondering about the game's new features (artifacts, Team Deathmatch, Colosium)? Go to the notices. Follow the links. The devs explained things.

Spending Carats
With a full list of active friends to give a few soul fragment chances per day and by completing daily quests, you can count on getting around 100 carats per day. You can get luckier, and we sometimes get free carats in the mail.
  1. Purchasing stamina (directly, not via the Chest shop), shop restocks, and mission resets gets increasingly expensive. Purchasing story stamina once or twice (50 or 150) is perfectly sensible. Doing the same for party stamina makes sense when you can enter D7, since you need to run it an awful lot.
    In the magic shop, spending gold to get Lv60 seraph's weapons (high ATKSPD cap), seraph's pauldrons (critical damage as a unique option), and seraph's sidearms (see weapons) is a good way to work toward having the best gear. At any earlier level or for anything else, the whole magic shop is a rip-off. To put it into perspective, buying 30 angel stones costs the same as 27 days of buying story stamina once, which is about 10 angel stones a day.
    The artifact shop looks pretty universally overpriced unless you're a paid player, but even then, I wouldn't buy the specific packages for 300; I'd just buy a bunch of 200-carat, random packages and work my way up. You will be turning pairs of 3-star +10s into random 4-stars, anyway.
    The chest shop has some deals. Prosperous packages are good. Emperor's golden package is slightly inferior (more carats, less stamina, a bit more up-front gold). I buy prosperous packages because I save the stamina and dump it all during events with high payoffs. It has been noted, though, that events are glitchy and occur at inconvenient times, so it's not necessarily a bad idea to skip the chest shop altogether.
    When buying materials, if you know to dismantle, not sell, gear right from the start, you shouldn't need to buy iron from the magic shop more than once or twice, if that. Never buy mythril or zecharite from the magic shop. Emp's material package may eventually be necessary for the mythril and zecharite. Royal mat package is a little better on iron, if that's where your struggle is, but when you look at the Tier II crafting prices, you'll want party stamina, mission stamina, and maybe to save up for emp's mat package.
    A week-long, 100% gold boost that is purchased on a Sunday in order to get two Sundays of Airship Training out of it will net more gold when you're at or near Lv60, or if you're dumping a ton of stamina at once during an event (presumably from your mailbox that you've been filling with Prosperous Gold Packages), but just buying the gold package and stamina is better for the rest of the loot without sacrificing much gold. A one-day, 100% gold boost on a Sunday has a pretty nice payoff, but I still prioritize prosperous gold package because stamina helps with angel stones and mats, too. An event can change my mind. The other gold boosts are not worthwhile.
    Never buy EXP boosts unless you are willing to dump money like Johnny and EZGG. Hitting Lv60 is like hitting Lv1, especially if you don't have the other loot to keep up. Your level will hit Prestige 300 long before you'll have your final gear.
Strategy for D7 | +
Packing the right skills is the first step. Click the spoiler if you don't already know this stuff.
For slingers and zerks, the choices are pretty obvious as long as you know that fire and blood are good here (Yes, zerks, that means that Slash is actually a good choice, here. In fact, it's an amazing one.) and it helps to bring one or two control skills (Yes, Curse Strike counts.), so here is what to bring as a mage:
Incandescent Frenzy, Encroaching Coldness (One mage can drop this in a triple DPS party with the other two on control.), The Reaping/Ice Crusher, and pick one: Crescent Slash (good at stuff; not the strongest AoE, but control matters), Chaos Sphere/Black Death/Firestorm (strong enough to matter), Blood Frenzy (to really capitalize single-target DPS), or Protection of Wind (Like all Raid skills, this is not worthwhile until it's grade 4.). Your passives should be Aegis, Blood Oath, Inner Fire, and Venom Shield. If one of those skills isn't up to snuff, you're probably screwed, but try bringing Arctic Armor, Armor Arcana, or First Aid, whichever is highest of yours, prioritizing defense. First Aid is better than Armor Arcana, and Armor Arcana is better than Arctic Armor if you're going with a fully defensive passive list and Arctic Armor isn't of a higher grade.
Remember not to rush it. The time limit is not as generous as it is for other dungeons, but it's still plenty of time for mages to recharge their mana and zerks to get their skills off cooldown.

At the beginning, I like to summon, then run around in tight circles. My party does the same, then we all roll out only once we're all moving. This prevents us from getting screwed over by a laggy start; the party that stays together slays together. Be careful not to target a distant foe when you summon, though, as it can interfere with the next tip.

We take groups one at a time. At the start, that means the right group, then the left. At Djinn's room, that means left, then right. Some OP people will aggro the groups together and bomb them with AoE skills, but you know who you are if you can do that and get away with it. After the first three groups, don't run head-first into the mages. Creep up slowly on a side, and you can deal with the hellhounds and goblins that spawn before getting close enough for the mages to notice you. It's a big difference. Actually, another trick was found: At the start, one of you saves your summon. After dealing with the first few mobs, rather than sneaking up on the side, that guy presses A to start toward a mage, stops, and summons to send the pet after the mage. He then backs up a bit, making the pet recall, so the mages come to you and you can deal with them without ever having the next batch of mobs spawn. It costs some gold because you don't get to kill them, but it can save some time and health if you're not running on a fully powerful team.

At Death Condemner, the goblins' attack is just low enough and defense is just high enough that it's better to just focus down the boss. If your tank is underequipped on ranged damage reduction and you have good AoE attacks, though, screw the goblins first. This decision is dependent on knowing your team. The only thing that will stop the Death Condemner's scream is an interruption, so Crescent Slash and Curse Strike are handy. Otherwise, everyone who is not a zerk should move out.

Move down-right from DC to fight goblins, then hit Djinn's room. Djinn comes with a devout acolyte who is invincible (It'll take damage; it just won't matter.) and low in attack. The mage will charge up a super mega death spell of doom. It takes a while to charge and takes the form of one of those curse bolts, taking a huge chunk of someone's health. You should focus on Djinn constantly, but when the mage is charging, one person should use a control move (anything that silences, freezes, or stuns). I prefer Unholy Ground because smart tanks and triple DPS teams keep Djinn close enough to the mage for me to hit both at once, thus I don't lose any of my DPS against Djinn while simultaneously controlling the mage. I can use Encroaching Coldness similarly, but Unholy Ground allows me to do it without moving, which either stops me from attacking for a second or isn't an option because Djinn is ensnaring me. The problem is that many people have been told that the mage has to be frozen, and they don't realize that silence works, even though the help text at the bottom of the screen doesn't immediately go away. People therefore often think that I am failing at control duty, so they stop shooting Djinn to control the mage, a total waste of their DPS. Don't be that guy. Dodge those blood dives! I don't care how tanky you feel; those will take noticeable chunks of your health. I often have my brante charged as I am getting down to the last bar or two of Djinn's health, depending on my team, but I don't summon immediately. Rather, I save it for Beel's room so that he starts with full health and a full timer.

Move up-left to go to Beelzebub's room. The soul scroungers that spawn here are overpowered. Their only bad stat is MOVSPD. Beel's earthquake buffs up their MOVSPD a lot, so they then go around wrecking everyone, especially anyone stupid enough to stand in their acid pools. If you have a summon, send it at Beel from the bottom-left to delay the scroungers while you attack from the top-right. If he doesn't die quickly enough and the scroungers are upon you, everyone should kite toward the upper-left corner unless the scroungers took a strange route and you have to kite downward. One control move should be used to stop Beel from using his half-circle sweep; it can be dodged, but it's pretty fast and hits hard, so immediately controlling him is optimal. Two control moves (usually mage 1's Encroaching Coldness and mage 2's EC) should be kept ready for the buffing earthquake. Do not run from the earthquake; that is the buffing move, so you will either control it or die because of it. If Beel is down to his last couple life bars, it is not recommended, but possible to deal with the scroungers by kiting them around the room while whoever was lucky enough to not get targeted stays there and finishes Beel off, so don't lose hope!

The burnt hellhound after Beel always opens with its fire breath. Use that to your advantage; hit it, then control it, and if your control move comes off cooldown before his fire breath (It should.), save it to stop it again. The fire breath is another hard-hitting move, so your tank will appreciate it. This also stresses the importance of moving as a group. After the hellhound, there will be corrupted shriekers and goblins. This is another great spot to have UG, along with the third group of the Raid, as it prevents the shriekers from exploding. In case you hadn't noticed, abominations have high defenses, but especially in the anti-melee and anti-ranged departments, so this stresses the help that Incandescent Frenzy + Inner Fire gives to mages. Note that you can avoid the abominations altogether by defeating the previous enemies quickly enough. Some claim another trick: If you kite the hellhound over to Lillia's doorway and defeat him there, they don't spawn, and you are free to move on. Killing fewer creatures means that you get a bit less gold, but those abominations are a real pain, so it's worth it to most people. I have heard few reports of this trick working, though. It may be patched out or just trolling.

Keep Lillia centered! Like keeping Djinn close to its mage, this is primarily the tank's responsibility, but is everyone's when there is no zerk. If she's close to the center of the room, you have more space to get away from her freeze attacks (They're just like Lillim's, but obviously much stronger.) and more maneuverability to get more marbles. By the way, when I have a summon ready in this fight, I often hold it for a few seconds so that I can drop it right after a freeze, maximizing its active time. As the help text explains, there are white (They look green with the room's lighting, I know.) and red marbles. They have visible fields. If you are standing in the fields when they detonate (6 seconds after the marble spawns), you either get a random buff or give Lillia a debuff. The buffs include ATKSPD, boss damage, critical chance*, critical damage*, and defense*. I haven't gotten the chance to test whether it's always crit chance, crit damage, or whether both are available, and I haven't noticed the defense boost personally at all. The debuffs are just ATK and DEF, I believe. Especially if you're a weaker member of a D7 party, debuffing Lillia helps more. The marbles are each on their own timers, though, so you can get plenty of them, and standing where they overlap to reduce travel time helps. Pay attention to what buffs you have in the upper-left; especially if you have ATKSPD, don't waste too much time going around to just collect marbles. You need to hit her in order for those buffs to matter!
Lillia's attacks are the same as Lillim's, but in stead of deploying a curse counterattack shield, she just curses everyone around her for damage over time. The damage is weak, but is duration is so long that it'll be sure to last for the whole battle, and it stacks with more uses of the curse field. It seems to affect the whole room, though the animation only covers part of it.
By contrast, D8 is much more straight-forward. Pack good curse and fire skills, be smart, handle fights well, pay attention to the on-screen text . . . The only thing to worry about is the Greed bros. If you kill one, the other gets enraged for a massive ATKSPD buff, so the idea is to kill them at roughly the same time. Some tanks are so invincible, though, that they'll tell you to just focus on taking down Bill, and coordinating DPS via party chat is a regular thing. Oh, and at the end, when Damora summons Stone Tits with some mobs, ignore them and just focus on finishing Damora. Do deal with the other summons, though.

What gear?
ATKSPD > crit chance > crit damage > extra boss damage > everything else, on weapons and sidearms. For mages, reduced resource consumption is also an excellent option. It's hard to get much input, but I'd say that crit chance is better, and crit damage is pretty close in value, but it's better than extra boss damage.
Weaps and sidearms should always be seraph's because they have a higher ATKSPD cap than others (15% > 11%).
Pauldrons and helms should be seraph's, but archdemon's are good as anti-boss material, too.
Gloves and boots are best in hero's for skill cooldown and extra boss damage.
Rings and bracelets should be seraph's (seen as superior because mitigating damage from gunslingers is necessary) or hero's (good against both other classes). Slingers deal so much damage that seraph's seems to be the strictly better choice, but you do take a lot of melee hits that matter.
Armor and necklaces are variable according to the desired effects. Hero's are mostly full of poor unique options, though, and seraph's have a tendency toward the more optimal, though archdemon's has some real gems, too.
Don't worry about this too much before Lv60, but once you're there, you want gear like this with good options. Stay away from extra damage, extra health potion recovery, and any more than one of any given resistance unless you seriously want to go full tank. Max resource is okay, but reduced resource consumption is better. Get something in the right type with one or two near-perfect options (Go to the Forge menu to see maxes and mins.), forge to have two, Tier II craft, and forge the last option. Reduced abnormal status duration seems like you have to waste too many slots on it for it to buy you even a fraction of a second when it matters, but it does help, and I can attest that having some of it makes a huge difference in tanking D7. Djinn likes to ensnare you, attack, then blood dive, but if you can get out of the ensnare and move aside quickly enough, you can get out of this, the deadliest combo in D7.
Change log | +
11/11- Mentioned the fact that Tier II crafting is different from legendary crafting and should be done.
11/13- Prosperous gold package is now the best deal. I didn't notice when they adjusted prices. I also dissected the material deals and wrote that in. Other tiny edits occurred.
11/16- Added FairyLord's D7 guide.
11/23- Added a new policy for cooperative game modes. With lag issues on a sharp incline, it is almost essential.
11/23- Described Tier II crafting and forging. Noted week-long gold boosts.
12/11- Went into further detail on purchase advice and segregated it. Replaced the somewhat misleading video on D7 with a text guide that has helped even weaker teams make it through. Elaborated on the text guide so that even total D7 n00bs won't drag their teams down too much. Otherwise nitpicked.
12/13- It seems as though Lillia's curse field affects the whole room. Sucks. Changed the last line.
12/16- Added a few more lines to the D7 guide. Don't rush it, and you can avoid the last fight with abominations.
12/28- Noted newfound abundance of iron in the dismantling line. Revised abomination-skipping part of D7 guide. Added a section on gear.
12/30- Noted reduced resource consumption on weapons/sidearms for mages.
1/9- There is an interesting trick that can be done early in D7. I noted this, summon strategies in D7 (Djinn and Lillia sections, as well as the aforementioned), what to do about D8, and a plus side to abnormal status redux in the gear section. Slightly reformatted, too.
1/19- Took an unnecessary line out of the D7 strat, just before Lillia. Corrected a coding typo that made the titled spoiler for the D7 strat fail. Noted in the carat advice section that events occur at odd times, too.
1/20- Removed heroic dungeons.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Spam”