Could REALLY Use Some Healing Tricks

Most of the city's buildings are residential, with only the bottom row of the area and some scattered shops and stalls deviating from this. Houses come in all shapes and sizes, but all of them have a recreational room. Every building is built to be incredibly hard and tough, resistant to many unrestrained blows from Lv3 warriors, even. By the same token, each wall is made to be almost completely soundproof. Alternatively, one can stay at the inn, but that's on a payment-per-use basis.
Choh Lehko
Posts in topic: 38
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=278
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=279
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=280
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Re: Could REALLY Use Some Healing Tricks

Post by Choh Lehko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 pm

)(Choh doesn't respond to the initial instructions. She just follows them, staying relaxed and patiently awaiting the first question. Upon receiving it, she takes a brief moment to think, but has an easy answer after that.)(

Cauterize it. Mend the source and clean it up. Oh, unless it's the enemy's. Don't mix enemy blood with ally blood.

NPA
Posts in topic: 37
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:27 pm

=Vitae also briefly paused, her respite being for the purpose of evaluating the answer. She'd heard this one before.=

"Good. You see blood and don't recognize its source. What do you do?"

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 pm

)(Choh pauses a bit longer before answering.)(

Find out its source. Could be important. Push stuff away until I find out. If I still can't tell anything, better to heal than let die. My instincts should keep me apprised, so I'd have to change what I do by individual cases.

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm

=Vitae took longer to evaluate the answer, too. It wasn't exactly the most "healing-obsessed" answer in the world. Choh was still being realistic about the application of her healing nature and keeping her personal touch. She was answering honestly, not just giving whatever seemed like a good "healer" answer.=

"There is no blood. Your ally limps."

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

)(This one doesn't take Choh long. After a quick moment of thought, she answers.)(

I do what I can. If I can heal the ally, good. If I can't, I'll protect it and be ready to heal what I can when I can until I can get it to better service.

)(Choh stopped and ran with that train of thought. After another pause, she added,)(

Then again, if it's just a little dog or something, it's probably better for me to sacrifice it to heal myself and get stronger to end the battle.
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 am

=Vitae almost spoke as Choh added her second piece on, but clammed up in time. After hearing the whole answer, she had mixed feelings. Sacrificing a weak ally for her own benefit wasn't the kind of healing that Vitae had in mind. She thought about how Choh had said it, though; she wanted the extra power and survival in order to finish the battle. That would be to prevent more damage from being taken so that she wouldn't have to heal as much. Not taking damage is generally better than taking it and healing it. Well, not in Vitae's case, but that's different. Vitae always felt like a preacher of some sort when she was doing this. She didn't want people to say and do the "right" stuff as some ritual that would magically make things work; she wanted them to seriously use their minds to advance.=

"Fair enough. You are ready. Concentrate on your desire to heal. Let your mind wander through itself and see the flow of healthy wishes, similar to the green lights from the zen table. Gently nudge those flowing lines into an oscillating wave. Now, press them together more. Condense them further. Further. You want a singular, flowing stream. Once you have that, give up some mana to turn that stream of desire into a real flow of life energy and project it from your palm."

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 am

)(Still with her eyes closed, Choh envisions exactly what Vitae is telling her. She then mentally repeats the instructions to herself in her head. She again repeats, this time conducting them as best as she could. She took the "nudge" instruction as an indication that she was supposed to trigger it, but gently. For some reason, the oscillating wave that she is picturing isn't oscillating very quickly. She hypes herself up, tries to force it into a conducive stream, and forces it out.)(

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:15 am

=Vitae witnessed brief, green wisps from Choh's hand, an unfair drop in mana, and nothing else. She had no trouble with hiding her feelings.=

"BAHAHAHAHAHA!"

=No trouble at all. She wasn't trying to, so it wasn't troublesome in the least.=

"You can't force it. If things aren't going your way, just watch them. It's your mind, so look into yourself, see what the problem is, and let it unravel itself until you can watch the waves happen correctly."

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 am

)(Choh sighs.)(

Yeap. I kinda' figured that I was being too forceful.

)(She relaxes again and starts from the top. Got the wavey lines. They flow together . . . Wait. The black background that she is envisioning is trying to fill in for a line and is thereby keeping it out. Her mind is too eager? She "watches" that spot and "nudges" it back into the background. The wave takes its place, and the stream oscillates fairly well. She lets it go that way for a while, and it picks up speed, looking quite effective, now. She tries condensing it, and it is still a bit similar to nailing jello to a wall, but it falls into place as she softly persists. She spends mana again, this time the cost feeling quite a bit lighter, and opens her eyes to watch her palm.)(

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:28 am

=Vitae watched a stream of green light proceed from Choh's palm, across the table, and into Vitae. It was weak and wavy, but it was a start.=

"Good. Practice. Let your mind work into being cohesive to your healing wishes."

=Some small streams of green light traversed from Vitae's mouth, as though they were her breath, onto Choh and infused into her. This restored Choh's mana.=

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 am

)(Choh closes her eyes again and did just that. This time, the background starts up, but backs down before giving any real interference. Things go more smoothly, so the resulting wave is smoother. She shoots it out. Without waiting to be told, she starts up again. No interference. Smooth oscillation. The stream is . . . flowing regularly! She doesn't let excitement overwhelm her, though. She projects it.)(
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 am

=Vitae observed the cost regulating as the effectiveness improved.=

"Keep practicing."

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 am

)(Choh tries again several times. After another three tries, her mental visualizations come quite easily and smoothly. She opens her eyes and allows her focus to divulge. Everything seems to go well as she keeps her mind on the prize, but doesn't keep herself from becoming tunnel-envisioned. She continues in that manner.)(
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 am

=Vitae opened her mouth to tell Choh not to stop focusing, but noticed that it's going just fine. Since her mouth was open, anyway, she executed her same mana breath trick as before. She simply observed. Choh picked up on focusing correctly very easily, actually. She probably had a similar concentration issue with other abilities that she had already adapted to. The stream was refining with each use or two. It was almost just right, already.=

"Keep going."

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 am

)(Choh is fine to continue practicing. Hoxeus sits on her head and rocks back and forth while Choh's mind both wanders and focuses. She keeps her right palm pointed steadily at Vitae. Her streams of magic become more and more refined as they are summoned and projected from her hand. They're looking good, now. She's not sure how much better they can get, but she keeps trying and trying.)(

It's going well, right?
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

Return to “Residences”