Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

The entire lower 35% or so of the planet is an empty, hostile wasteland. Reports from some particularly resilient warriors state that dead bodies have been found underground here, suggesting that some creatures, a secret society, or something else uses the area as a great graveyard. The contents of the atmosphere around this area aren't entirely consistent, but it can be safely assumed that most of it is composed of very little oxygen, almost no Mist, and a great mass of Miasma. According to reports, the monsters are worse than the air. Anyone who's less than Lv4 can expect to survive for less than a minute.
K
Posts in topic: 20
Guild:

Re: Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm

-Floating along and keeping to Lear's song choices, I give my own rendition in unison, summoning a matching guitar to be a badass on.-

Learpabru
Posts in topic: 25
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 pm

*Lear had no trouble singing this one six times consecutively; that song doesn't get old easily. She then switched back to Meltdown as she kept painting floor after floor after floor, finally getting to the points at which she had to leave some gaps for hallways to connect to the previous station. Almost done . . . Even though I've been building like this for a good while, now, I am still really enjoying this style. The whole "open canvas of grey saucers" idea is just too cool. I'm gonna' stick with it for the guild.*
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm

-After another two verses of Ryu☆'s mix of Meltdown, I change things up with the Miku techno remix to accompany the little artist,-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:44 pm

*A slight shuffle could be seen in Lear's step as she worked around and sang along with the techno remix. Finally, she built the top section of her skyscraper ((the part that is surrounded by that mountain walkway from before in the upper-left of the pic)) to connect to the building with the pillars, then spider-crawled down to the topmost hallway opening. She built on that, connecting the station-skyscraper with her new skyscraper at last. That just left a couple more hallways to finish. After crawling to each of them and painting them together and seeing that she had estimated precisely for the hallways to conjoin smoothly, she stood atop the lowest one and looked out across her creations. The goal of most artists had been achieved; she liked what she saw.*
Attachments
Dead Zone.jpg
Dead Zone.jpg (165.7 KiB) Viewed 11347 times

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

-I float next to Lynette and inform her,-

I agree; this is awesome. I also agree that building Aesthesia to match it sounds good.

-I put my arm around her and give her a warm, congratulatory squeeze as we share the view.-

Great job, love.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Yay!

*Appreciating the compliments, she jumped and wrapped both arms around K's neck, cuddling him sweetly.*

Thank you, K-Sensei! I'll get to that immediately! ^^

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 pm

-Taking that as my cue, I teleport us back to the foundation that she had set for the actual guild, not the buildings along the path. This should be a breeze, comparatively.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm

*Indeed, it was. Learpabru built the guild accordingly, replete with an outside walkway with doors to lead inside (where they would conjoin with hallways to lead to various rooms throughout the whole building), a circus-like area atop one section, extra-thick walls, floors, and ceilings to negate sound, and some bridges on the outside. Building it all was a simple matter of painting it into place, just as she had been doing this whole time. She noticed that the rock across the water ((lower-left corner)) had a small cave in it that faced the guild. She wasn't sure what it could be used for, though, so she just added two blobs of Shineslime to the ceiling and walked back. She looked around and wondered about adding some other outer buildings for whatever purpose.*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm

-In accordance with her thoughts, I teleport Lear to an overhead ledge ((off the upper-left corner)) so that she can build something there. Once finished there, I teleport her to a small island behind the guild to build something there, then back to the top of her headquarters.-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:20 pm

*Lear's choices are some simple saucer-huts. She didn't want to put too much into building them because she didn't have any particular plans for them. She ambled around the roof of her new guild. I think . . . that it's done. It's really cool. Am I missing something important that I can do? I lit all the rooms with Shineslime. There's not much else that I can do without being dangerous to others. Even the Shineslime should be replaced with lights that don't shoot you when you touch them by accident. Hrng . . .*
Attachments
1230270309_1024x768_fantasy-castle-wallpaper.jpg
1230270309_1024x768_fantasy-castle-wallpaper.jpg (243.99 KiB) Viewed 11347 times

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 pm

You're done for now, love. I'm going to teleport you north, the direction of the other side of your canyon path. The Dead Zone is approximately 35% of the planet, its center being the south pole. I'm specifically going to plant you near the northern edge of the Razibiju Sand Ocean, an expansive, shifting sandsea. You will have three choices. You can go north through the Jden Sol Snowcaps- It's nighttime, and those mountains are actually warmer at night than day. -and then have a pleasant, breezy walk through the Hutaudvale to Locco, the mobility guild. You can go west across Razibiju to Sacucasu, the pugilism guild. You can go east across the desert to the Sandstone Hollows. In the middle of that area is Xuten, the magical guild. Whichever one you get to, you will go to the Grigori, that being the guild leader or leaders, and explain your new guild and its location. Ask them to let you post a bill. This bill will call for help to clear out the monsters that will fill the path and guild areas while you're gone, and the people who will help you are also to erect defenses to keep the path and guild from being too dangerous. Once completed, I will replace your lights and provide other amenities in addition to ziplines to and from those huts for you, and I will declare you as the Grigori of this guild until the next election. How does that sound?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:52 pm

So, I'll be the guild leader, too? COOL! Thanks so much, K! Wait, though. My slimes will start reverting; what do I do about that? Also, won't the enemies damage the buildings? Plus, I know so little of this galaxy; is it safe for me to go out already?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:59 pm

No worries. I have an ability to permanentize your slimes. The lights will lose their permanency once I am ready to replace them, so you'll get those reversions to add to your energy. While I will not prevent infestation, I will protect the structural integrity of your work until you have help to protect it otherwise. As for your knowledge, it will come in due time. This dimension has much in common with the Soluna System, so you'll get along with people plenty well enough to start. All guilds have teleporters to Houcm Planet, on which there is the Atypical Institution. They have books there that will teach you what you need to know and several leaders, known simply as Sensei, that will point you in the right direction. You'll be fine. Besides, I'll be around; you won't even have time to miss me before we see each other again. Given all that, are there other concerns, or are you ready?

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Hmm. That's it, I guess. Looks like you have it all covered, as always.

*Learpabru glomped K and squeezed him tightly.*

I'll see you around, then, K-Sensei! ^^

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 pm

-I hug her back tightly and nod.-

Indeed. Have fun, love. ^_^

-I teleport her northwest, stop funneling energy to her, let time progress normally, and disappear.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Dead Zone”