Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

The entire lower 35% or so of the planet is an empty, hostile wasteland. Reports from some particularly resilient warriors state that dead bodies have been found underground here, suggesting that some creatures, a secret society, or something else uses the area as a great graveyard. The contents of the atmosphere around this area aren't entirely consistent, but it can be safely assumed that most of it is composed of very little oxygen, almost no Mist, and a great mass of Miasma. According to reports, the monsters are worse than the air. Anyone who's less than Lv4 can expect to survive for less than a minute.
Learpabru
Posts in topic: 25
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

Post by Learpabru » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:08 pm

*The Miasma in a sector of the Dead Zone swirled. The majority of it then dispersed, pushing its way through the semicircular border of the area to join its brother air. A region of would-be Dead Zone that lied just south of the Everdrop Caverns and a small portion of the Cyclone Tundra was then available for life. How fitting, then, was it that such a lively girl was brought here? Without a moment's pause, the area's Mist swayed and pranced through the space as more Mist was somehow added to the region's atmosphere, which then collected centrally. The Mist coalesced and spun about itself, chasing itself to an imaginary core that promptly forced itself into reality. The new Mist burst, and the explosion just happened to meet the exact borders of the area that had just been cleared of most of its Miasma. One would have expected this to hurt some fauna, possibly some flora, and almost certainly any brave or stupid travellers, but the area had apparently been cleared beforehand . . . Perhaps this had been to protect them from disruption by the Mist explosion, because it certainly wasn't to keep them from harm by its result. In its wake was Lynette Marie Learpabru, a sweet, young woman with oodles of talent. She was initially unconscious, but rose suddenly after only a few seconds, as though she was a mime that had just heard a cue to perform her next act.*

Wha- . . .? What . . .? Where- Wasn't I just- . . .? What just happened?!

*Learpabru obviously held no knowledge of what had brought her here or why, and her feelings on the matter were mixed. On one hand, she was flabbergasted by the prospect that she was no longer in her home land of Escellsia. On the other hand, she had usually found Esc to be rather boring, so she was excited to be what appeared to be somewhere new. She was always cheery, and this moment was no exception. Still, she was sad at the prospect that she'd miss out on looking for clues to her friends' whereabouts in Esc. Then again, if this was where they were, this could be great! -except for the fact that this place looked to be dangerous, rightfully so. If they were here, they were either in trouble or dead, and she'd be following into the same or a similar mess. Maybe they were doing all right, but she wouldn't be able to go it alone, or maybe they had encountered some crap that put them at a serious disadvantage and she'd be luckier, so she'd eventually find their corpses! In fact, that could all be true except that she could actually never find their corpses . . . For now, though, things were peacefully silent, eerily so, and she could tell that this new location wasn't just dead space; there was a tundra over that way, some caves over there, and some structures in the distance in the direction of the tundra. That diversity comforted her; there may be other humans, and those other humans could help her. She had no idea where to begin, though, so she simply stood and thought . . . Well, she also nommed on her Slimebrush, but that's a given.*

K
Posts in topic: 20
Guild:

Post by K » Mon May 09, 2011 12:06 am

-The Miasma that was pushed aside collects at the top of the protected area. It coalesces much like the Mist did, then forms a rune in the sky. From it rockets a body, and more runes form to be shattered along with the first. They fade away as a man lands, but his landing is surprisingly soft, as though he had been standing there the whole time.-

-I float just a few feet in front of Learpabru, appearing to just be a floating, grey cloak. I just wait there for a moment, wanting to see her reaction.-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Mon May 09, 2011 12:19 am

*Lear similarly held still for just a brief moment . . . It couldn't have been longer than two seconds. The semblance was . . . more than a little odd. There was a distinct feeling that she got from him, too.*

Sensei, is that you?

*Lear's big eyes batted to her enthusiasm. Would her hopes be crushed?*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 13, 2011 3:47 pm

-The cloak's hood peels back. She can now see my face, that of her old sensei.-

I told you that I'd get you out of that wretched realm, didn't I?

-I smirk at this, knowing that she had never really doubted me.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Fujiwara-sensei!!

*Lynette glomped her old friend happily.*

Oh, this is great! I always knew that you'd take me away from there! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

*She nuzzled his face as an additional expression of her enthusiasm.*

Where are we, then, Sensei? :3
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Hahaha, so cute!

-I pet Lynette's cute, little head softly.-

This, love, is Guild World, one of the planets in Houcm Galaxy, Universe of Houcm. We are now in the dimension-intersection of Seinvocc.

-As I spoke, thorned, grey vines grew behind me to write out the names in cursive, saving me the trouble of spelling them to her later.-

You're gonna' have a lot of fun, here. ^^

-I give her a strong, warm hug at this.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri May 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeeeey, sounds cool! ^^

*Learpabru bounced with excitement, hugging her sensei sweetly.*

Are you going to be with me more often, now? :3

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Hehe, yup. I won't be around you all the time, of course, but I'll be around.

-I toss her skyward about three miles, and I control her descent rate to make her fall back into my arms just a few seconds later. Despite the speed, it was as though she was a feather; no impact struck her.-

I wouldn't just leave you to die for no reason, would I? ^_^
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri May 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Weeeeee~! ^~^

*She snuggled up in his arms and purred.*

Aww, you're so sweet. No, but I know that I'm going to know how to take care of myself, too.

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Hmhm, such a responsible girl. You've always been quick to mature.

-I gesture with my eyes to her figure.-

Haha, in more ways than one, no? xD
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm

*Lynette giggled and cuddled K kindly.*

Kee-hee, yup!

*She was glad to have a mature enough relationship with him to talk about her figure without feeling awkward at all. He had always been there for her . . .*

So, what do we do now? ^^

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 20, 2011 5:56 pm

-I set her back down on her feet.-

Glad that you asked. As you can see, the area around us is a dead zone. In fact, that's what it's called: Dead Zone, Guild World. Normally, you'd be surrounded by an overwhelming level of Miasma, to say nothing of the especially vicious monsters. You can also see that I have this area cleared for you, for now. See, this world is the home of all the guilds of Houcm, so far. Houcm Planet, the main planet of this galaxy, has none, but has teleporters to here. No one's really had a problem with this, but I foresee that some people may want to build guilds on Houcm. In any case, the fact is that Guild World has a lot of dead space, and it would be fitting to have another guild fill some of it up. Follow, love?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri May 20, 2011 5:57 pm

*Looking into the surrounding horizons, Learpabru witnessed exactly what she was supposed to.*

Yes, Sensei. Are you saying that you want me to build one? :3

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri May 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Good, and yes, that's what I'm getting at. Oh, by the way, if you mention me to someone else, call me "K," for now. Just the letter. As I was saying, our guilds include Sacucasu, a city-guild in the desert that exists for monks, knights, and other tanking pugilists, along with Locco, a guild in the valley that focuses more on stealth and mobility. We also have Xuten, another guild in the desert that exists for studies, particularly of the magical variety. Between the three guilds, we can accomodate nearly every fighter. However, there stands a discrepency for a certain other kind. We need a guild for those who use skills such as dancing, singing, painting, and other methods for battle. You know; a misfit guild to catch those whose methods don't fall into any of the other guilds properly, but have legit tricks of their own. Who better for that than you, Learpabru?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 am

Okay, K! ^^

*Learpabru nodded along as Sen- er, K spoke, humming the tune of "Bad Apple" and listening intently.*

Oh, I get it. Aww, you're so sweet! I'd be happy to build a guild for you, K. ^^

*She hopped off the chest of her friend and started a glob of Structuremuk up, humming and swaying with delight.*

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

Return to “Dead Zone”