The Might of Demacia {wip}

Sometimes, things go wrong. Some people make characters, then drop off the face of the planet, and others die or otherwise disappear. Whatever the case, we have some characters that are ready to be played (or really close), so we have their character information here. If you already have at least one character (and thereby have proven that you are capable of using your own creativity), ask about taking control of one of these characters. Of course, you'll be given a chance to edit things before they're approved to add your own touches to things, but, if you're going to completely turn the character around, just make a new one.
Garen Crownguard
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

The Might of Demacia {wip}

Post by Garen Crownguard » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 am

Above Very High, Very High, High, Medium, Low, Very Low, Almost Nothing

Physical Stamina: High
Mental Stamina: Medium
Health Energy: Medium
Mana: Almost Nothing
Chakra: Almost Nothing
Strength: Above Very High
Defence: Low
Magic Damage: Very High
Resistance: Low
Speed: Low

Perseverance: (Passive) Garen will regenerate 0.5% of his maximum health per second after not receiving damage for 7 seconds. The regenerative state will stop if Garen receives damage.

Decisive Strike: (Active) Garen gains bonus movement speed for 4 seconds
Bonus Movement Speed: 15%-2/ 20%-3 / 25%-5 / 30%-6 / 35%-7
In addition his next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal physical damage and silence its target for 2.5 seconds.
Total Physical Damage: 30%-2 / 45%-3 / 60%-5 / 75%-6 / 90%-7

Courage: (Active) Garen places a defensive shield on himself, decreasing all damage taken by a percentage for 3 seconds.
Damage Reduced: 20%-2 / 24%-3 / 28%-5 / 32%-6 / 36%-7
Courage: (Passive When Active) Garen's armor and magic resistance are permanently increased by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit. Garen can gain a maximum of 25 defence and magic resistance per level.

Judgement: (Active) Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 3 seconds creating a whirlwind of magical energy,this removes all slows and reduces slows that are casted on Garen by 50% for the next 6 seconds, along with dealing physical damage to nearby enemies every half second. Minions and neutral monsters or those garen does not see as a threat only take half damage from this ability. Garen can deactivate Judgment early by activating the ability again after 0.5 seconds. Garen cannot use Decisive Strike or Demacian Justice while Judgment is in effect.
Physical Damage per Second: 50%-2 / 90%-3 / 130%-5 / 170%-6 / 210%-7

Demacian Justice: (Active) Garen brings down Demacian Justice on his opponent, dealing magic damage, plus additional magic damage based on how much health his opponent is missing.
Magic Damage: 175%-3 / 350%-5 / 525%-7
Additional 1 Damage per: (29%-3 / 33%-5 / 40%-7 of target's missing health)
Last edited by Garen Crownguard on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FOR DEMACIA!

"The most effective way to kill an opponent is to slice through the man next to him."

K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 am

I'm already somewhat impressed; this is mostly savvy and is in rather impressive English. I can breeze through this.

Your stats are a bit uneven. I'm assuming that "high" and "above average" are considered to be equivalent for the calculations. Whether or not those two are equivalent (If not, you should specify as much.), your stats and parameters are a bit off.
- below, below, very low, very low, very low
+ above, high, very high
Obviously, a simple solution would be to convert a "very low" to a "very high," but, if you're looking to maintain a similar balance to what you have, you may wish to disperse the capabilities separately.

Decisive Strike: How much is this MOVSPD increase? Is it calculated proportionally, or by a pre-determined factor? Is it multiplicable by stats/parameters/Levels, or is it just a fixed amount , so it won't be as handy later? Does it have its own, special formula? There are a lot of options; if you don't specify anything, it's assumed to just be a fixed increase of a moderate amount, which is okay at low levels and needs improvement through training later.

Decisive... Strike?: Is this name supposed to be here? Anyway, I'm assuming that you'll think of a percentage to assign to this later. Keep in mind that you can stack additional costs (aside from just standing there and guarding, unable to otherwise act) on to improve the potential magnitude of this ability, but if it's just meant to be a simple, damage-reducing, guard ability, a low damage reduction is applicable.

Judgement: Not bad! I'm not sure what you mean with the existing and new slows, though... I mean, there are countless was to slow a person down; it doesn't make much sense to paint them all with a wide brush. Aside from that, how would the reduction for "new" slows work? Is it a battle-length status that causes reductions in durations of a certain ailment? I'm rather lost on this... Now, when you say that "minions and neutral monsters" only take half damage from this, does that mean that the ability magically determines, during damage calculations, that each target is an ally, docile creature, or any other, normal fighter? I suppose that it could be done. How exactly is the physical damage dealt? Is there just an invisible feild around you that causes targets to take damage as though being quickly, but weakly slashed? Does this damage still deal its equivalent in tissue damage, or is it just HE damage? There is one more issue with this: We don't use die rolls, random mod/admin intervention, or whatever else to determine "critical hits." A hit is critical if it damages an area that is critically weak on the given target; rather than having a game mechanics adjustment with a random equation to compensate for a lack of intensive interface, we actually play things out realistically. Simply said, in video games, a critical hit chance is used to compensate for a lack of hyper-complex hitbox evaluations. In forum RPing, it's more like real life, where we're not restricted to coding inadequacies. Is any of this making sense to you, or am I just on another rant?

Demecian Justice: Very nice! Its equation is a power factor with a second power factor, the latter of which is multiplied by a "stacked damage" ratio... I like it. I just need to know what the power factors are, and what the cost is. Aside from that, we could use more info. Do you have a pic/vid, or will you describe the process by which this magical damage is dealt?

Across all of these, the general statement is that they are sounding good, but need specifications of power factors (the magnitude of the speed increase, the percentage of damage reduction, the damage that's dealt, and two more damage-determining power factors). Keep up the good work! It'll be fun to see you improve on this.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Garen Crownguard
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by Garen Crownguard » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Edited a bit.
FOR DEMACIA!

"The most effective way to kill an opponent is to slice through the man next to him."

Choh Lehko
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=278
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=279
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=280
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Your stats are well-formatted, but you're still off. If it was a numeric spectrum, you'd have 3 less than what it should balance out to. The "high," "very high," and "above very high" nullify the two "almost nothing"s, then you have three "low"s. It is quite a bit closer, at least.

Decisive Strike: Pretty nice, but there are a few things to clarify.
1) What are the increases at Lv1? If they keep the same pattern, I would assume them to be 10% and 15%, but they are unspecified.
2) Will this always silence the target (which is fine, by the way), or is there a chance to be calculated via die roll on Old Sein?
3) Those percentages are increases (Those percentages + 100% = total attack power.), not multipliers (30% = a weakened attack.), right?
4) By the way, of course, the next melee` attack deals physical damage. xD I think that you mean "increased" or "augmented" damage.
5) This isn't a problem; I just have to make sure that you realize that silence =/= inability to cast spells. As I detailed in the rulestuffs, there is no abslute rule about spells requiring mantra; some users may have mantra-dependent abilities (whether spells, jutsu, or whatever else), but keeping someone from talking for a moment will not necessarily keep them from spellcasting for a moment.
6) I need a cost/cooldown/something. Otherwise, what's to keep you from using this for hacked speed and power 24/7?

Courage (Active): Again, I need a cost and the effect at Lv1, but this is otherwise unproblematic.
Courage (Passive when Active): Hm. . . I'm initially sceptical of this, but I can see some practicality if given clarification.
A) When you say "armor," you mean "defense," right? You won't necessarily be always wearing the same armor; I can pretty much guarantee that you'll find something better at some point, possibly as soon as your first active topic.
B) Those numbers are percentages, right? We don't have numeric measurements for stats, so they don't mean anything as just numbers.
C) Are these boosts relative to your Lv1 original DEF/RES? As in, is the increase ALWAYs going to be just 0.5 (%?) of your Lv1 DEF/RES, no matter what equipment you're wearing or what Level you're at, or are they relative to your current "original" DEF/RES, ignoring DEF/RES from equipment, but being higher increases at higher Levels (since you'll have an additional 33.333. . .% DEF/RES per Level-up)? I wouldn't recommend counting equipped defenses, but I suppose that it's an option. . .
D) In conjunction with the former, how much DEF/RES does your currently-equipped armor account for? As in, there is an amount that is innate to your character, and there is a presumably lesser amount that is added to your DEF/RES by your default armor, so we need to draw the line at what relative terms convey how much your innate DEF/RES are in order to determine how much this will increase.
E) Relatedly, are the increases at lower levels subject to Level multipliers, or are they static? That is, if your DEF/RES go up by 10% at Lv1, then you advance to Lv2, will the 4/3rds multiplier take place on that 10% increase, or just on your original DEF/RES?
F) I think that that decreasing the gain per kill would be reasonable.
G) Likewise, the maximum increase per Level should be reduced quite a bit. Otherwise, you'll have some pretty high defenses by Lv3 or so, you'll have pretty much wiped out your weakness by Lv5 or so, and you'll be significantly overpowered by Lv7 just because you used an ability, not because you did a lot of training.
If the increases are static, dependent on your Lv1 original DEF/RES, and not subject to Level multipliers, I could see allowing something around a 10% maximum increase per Level, likely with a requisite of two kills for 0.5%.

Judgement: I'm still a little foggy on painting all slows with a wide brush. . . By a 50% reduction, you're referring to a reduction in magnitude of the SPD reduction, no? If it's a magical whirlwind, why does it deal physical damage? that part's not really a problem, per se`. I still see no cost, which effectively means that you can always keep yourself from getting slowed by anything and constantly deal damage around yourself. I also see no Lv1 magnitude. What are those percentages relevant to? If they are relevant to your normal attack power, this is WAY overpowered. I mean, all that you have to do is hold someone close to you for ten seconds at Lv2, and you've taken out the majority of their health plus whatever you take out with normal, physical attacks. At higher Levels, it's just rape.

Damacian Justice: I need a cost. I don't know what those percentages relate to; percentages can only express power factors when they have something to relate to. In a video/computer game, they can represent a certain factor of a pre-determined amount or work into a gamespecific equation, but that means nothing here. Likewise, I don't know what an additional "1" damage is.
That being said, it appears as though the extra damage is actually reduced at higher levels. At Lv3, if the target is missing 50% of its health, you deal an extra "2" damage, while you deal an extra "1" at R7.

It is coming along nicely.
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

Return to “Character Adoption Center”