Rumors of the Victorian Heiress

Character backstories and generic information, such as height, weight, and appearance, for Houcm characters are here. There is only one Houcm character per account. If your char was not made/born in Houcm, please explain how xe got there.
Joanna Larken Shosmyth
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $500
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=605
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=608
Guild:

Rumors of the Victorian Heiress

Post by Joanna Larken Shosmyth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 am

"Oh, that lass? A cute one, she be. She cannae' be more than five feet from th' groun', but what little of her there is be a fine one. Heh? Nay, I don' claim to know much on her, but I hear tha' her blood is rich, an' I don' just mean to vampires!"
"Joanna . . . Oh, yes, that one. She comes across as a bit of a spoiled brat, and I don't believe myself to be the only one who thinks so. I guess it's to be expected, though, if it's true that she's an heiress to a massive fortune."
"Is she rich?! Boy, you shoulda' seen her at Jill's, the other day! Jill had gotten her hands on some gorgeous, little numbers, and I happened to lay my eyes on a certain lady who couldn't decide between the three best of them, so she pulled out a wad of cash from who-knows-where and bought them all! I think that the total came to over $500, and she didn't even blink! I wish that I had her money and she had a feather up her ass; we'd both be tickled pink!"
"Oh, the little Shosmyth (sho-smith) girl? I think that she'll grow up to be a fine, young lady. Evidently, she's fallen on some tough times, but you wouldn't know it by the look of her! She goes about her life just as though nothing had happened. Oh, you didn't know? Her parents both just died, one right after the other. I believe that the mother went first."
"Yes, but I think that she'll learn. I know, I know . . . Yes, I know the odds. Still, they wouldn't be odds if there were no exceptions, right? Yes, but think back on Isabelle; doesn't Joanna remind you of her? Both of them started out as such brats, but Isabelle learned as she went along, and it seems to be that Joanna is, too. In fact, wouldn't you say that little Joanna is doing noticeably better than Isabelle did? Oh, hey, Isabelle!"
"Yes, he's right. An heiress must have a strong will, must be tenacious, must not give up and let herself break to the culture shock. She seems to already know that it's a matter of 'adapt or die,' and she has already started adapting, I believe. Oh, I never remembered to tell you! I was around when she threw a bit of a fit. She started to cry in that alleyway about missing her parents and her old life, but she got right back up and went about her business before I could console her. She's a strong girl."
"Oh, yes, little Miss Heiress! She just wants everyone to be jealous of her, or just give her attention. I'll bet that she isn't an heiress at all! Well, I'm not falling for it. I won't even look twice at her. I wouldn't even look once, if I could avoid it!"
"Oh, that poor girl . . . It's easy to feel contention against her because she's been a bit spoiled, but she really does have a good heart; I just know it! The poor thing, having lost so much . . . Even if you have much to lose, it never feels good to lose what is yours, right? And just when you think that she'll be able to get back up on her feet, she gets robbed of so much of her fortune. My heart goes out to her in prayer. Would that I had more to give to her!"
"Why don't we invite the little dear over for dinner? How can she learn humility if no one gives her a chance to prove the humility that she has and learn to appreciate it, right? It'll give us a good chance to get to know her, anyway."
"I dunno' . . . This 'just lost most of my fortune to some thief' thing sounds like a publicity stunt, to me. Think about it; isn't she just some attention whore, like the rest of them? This sounds pretty classic for someone like her. Maybe she never even had a fortune in the first place. It's easy to believe things when you see a face that cute, you know?"
"Oh, yes, I've met her briefly. She had just broken her leg- I don't remember how. She was running from a goblin or something when it happened. -and I picked her up and took her to some medics. Gosh, she couldn't have weighed much more than a hundred pounds! I realize that she's only five feet tall, but that just shows that she takes care of herself. I don't pay much mind to what others say of her, but I know that she was genuinely grateful for the help."
"I don't know much about her, but my brother- by heart, not blood- is sure bent on her. 'One day, I'll marry that girl!' he says! 'I don't care if she's richer than Croesus or dirt-poor; she's the one for me!' he'll prattle. As to whether it's true love or just some heated infatuation, I'm in no place to say, but what I've heard of her sure sounds nice, and I'm not the only one who can vouch for the integrity of my brother."
♪"I'll steal you, Joanna!"♪

Name: Joanna Larken Shosmyth
Race: hume
Height: 151 cm (just under 5')
Weight: 110 lbs
Skin: white
Hair/Eyes: ???
Job Class(es): Socialite, Push Burner
Signature: Fleur de Lis
phpBB [media]

Return to “Character Bios”