Arcane Blade

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Dycedarg
Lv1
Posts in topic: 11
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=314
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=313
Guild:

Arcane Blade

Post by Dycedarg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Arcane Blade.rtf
(38.98 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
"I am the Almagest, and I am the Divine Conqueror! Only I am fit to rule!"

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Special character design request:
+:
start with many autohits with various useful effects, several of those effects being quite powerful
gain some great abilities at higher Levels
at Lv7, gain extra usage of great abilities and one tremendously powerful ability
start with Ribbon
start with an ability that can potentially make more autohits by extending skillsets
Slavedrive (though that comes with some limits that make it almost entirely useless)
-:
absolutely deplorable stats, including a total lack of chakra
pride and deficient social skills that will make the attainment of help in training or more weaponry difficult
fickleness that will often keep him from finishing a job
sword with elemental modes (in Inventory) that fuck me over more often than they help
Arcane Blade ability is responsible for autohits, but also for stat deficiencies and ending lags on the autohit abilities

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 am

Wow . . . I just realized that no one even responded to this, much less approved it . . . Anyway, it was long overdue for an update, so I toned some things down, corrected a bunch of errors, tidied it up a bit, and resubmitted. If someone could get to this, that'd be cool . . .

Silver Fenrir
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=427
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=437
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=440
Guild:

Post by Silver Fenrir » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm

I tried to read through it but it just made my brain hurt.
"Those who don't accept what they are can never find peace"

Curse of the Werewolf
phpBB [media]

Baroque and Beats
phpBB [media]

Down to the Gallows
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm

-animé fall- Damnit! x.x

Marcelle
Lv1
Posts in topic: 3
Guild:

Post by Marcelle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:21 pm

OK how useful are these effects? Depending on the effects i dont think he should be allowed many auto-hits

You know start with ribbon....ribbon call thee and thou shall answer to the call of the ribbon O_O

And um wow, this is oddly balanced as fuck >_> What are you thinking broham?
You should be thankful that when I devour your body, it will be in a place where all things must go so don't worry your friends will be joining you as well!!!

I Cant Let You Go!
phpBB [media]

Queen of the Dark Lord
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Try reading the actual document before you judge, Komo. -_- I described everything there.

Yes, it's unbalanced comparatively. Hence the special character request, which only summarizes major strengths and weaknesses to demonstrate how some it all comes out evenly in the end. Like, you know, the downside of using a sword as the determinate for almost all of your abilities that may turn fire-elemental when fighting a fire guy? Or maybe the fact that he has effectively no magic whatsoever? Honestly, I built Dycedarg to teach people to stop relying on evasion all the time and realize that if they use their damned heads and fight sensibly, they can PWN easily.

Oh, for the record, the proportional damage that's listed for Fire Slash, Blizzard Slash, and Thunder Slash are supposed to be of the target's current, not maximum, health energy.

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh, PoC: The ability of Zanark to ignore protections does not work on effects that apply to all damage. If you have an effect to reduce all damage by 30%, Zanark doesn't surpass this. It also doesn't have anything to do with redirectional effects, such as Golem: Earthen Wall. Even Dycedarg's ultimate attack is capable of failing to one-shot someone.

Lv7 chars tend to have overpowered abilities to one-shot people, but other high-Leveled chars have tricks to live, anyway; this sort of extreme gameplay is what makes high-Level battles so fun. In most cases, a Lv7 char's ultimate attack will one-shot pretty much anyone, and the other person may have to put some protections up just to keep from getting entirely killed, not just KOd, by it. But, you know, when you put Auto-Life and other things into play, you can see how even these seemingly overpowered attacks can meet similarly overpowered defenses, which is appropriate to high Levels. Among Dycedarg's failings is that his ultimate attack has some fatal flaws that are easy to take advantage of (though it's not too terrible; it is, after all, a null attack), so he'll stand little chance against other high-Leveled chars when he's at high Levels.

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Marcelle
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Marcelle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

So far everything is balanced out for Dyce, although since i'm not entirely done with reading i have no complaints at the moment :)
You should be thankful that when I devour your body, it will be in a place where all things must go so don't worry your friends will be joining you as well!!!

I Cant Let You Go!
phpBB [media]

Queen of the Dark Lord
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks.

Marcelle
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Marcelle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 am

This is a great character idea though, have someone who is completely hopeless at social skills and the such but have him come in with all these damaging moves and shit. Great fucking job man :D

I Cant Let You Go!
phpBB [media]

Queen of the Dark Lord
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 am

Also thanks, but his moves aren't actually to be all that damaging. Notice that his STR isn't nearly as high as you'd expect for a good tank, and it's the basis for almost every attack. His MAG is laughable, too. He's good for landing a lot of hits, but not necessarily hitting hard enough.

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 pm

I finally found a vid to show Crush Helm (at 4:30):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCL2HxPuXQA
I just added that in there and re-uploaded the file. ^^

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Squee! I finally got some vids to show the animations for the Iaido abilities except Iainuki! ^^ I added them at the end. :3

Oh, and I also fixed a little eff-up in Osafune and described Ianuki's simple animation.

Edit: Found some more vids and totally reworked the animations section at the bottom. It's so much neater, now. ^^

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 am

I haven't been playing as Dycedarg because, officially, this has yet to be approved. Now that I have a member who doesn't mind giving me input once in a while, I figure that it's a good time to give this a fine-tuning (particularly stuff that I meant to do before, but evidently didn't save).
Though it should be obvious because, you know, people should read a list entirely, I thought that I should mention the downsides to the Arcane Blade ability explicitly in the special design request, too.

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Return to “Abilities”