The Power of a Valkyrie

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Terra Vall
Posts in topic: 3
Factions: Muertes de Amour
Guild:

The Power of a Valkyrie

Post by Terra Vall » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Terra Vall, The Valkyrie
PS: below avg
MS: high
HE: avg
MA: high
CH: min
STR: mod
DEF: mod
MAG: above avg
RES: above avg
SPD: mod

Abilities:
1.Telekinetic abilities
a.Comet Shot: uses telekinesis to spin lotus blades closely and quickly around her twice. Uses some MS med damage
b.Lunar wave: connects ends of lotus blades, rotating them counter clockwise horizontally, in front of her, then spins herself counter clockwise twice, dealing damage within 7 feet of her, then throws the weapon a short distance away, then has it return as two weapons, one rotating clockwise around her right side to her outstretched left hand, the other rotating counterclockwise around her left side to her outstretched right hand. (If she had a person right behind her, they would have a sword in each side of their torso, except they wouldn't stop traveling because of the instance.) followed by one vertical, simultaneous, downward strike to her left and right side Uses some MS med damage
c.Stellar Strike: Lotus blade float by her side while she a summons glowing diagram on the ground that acts as a track for the Lotus Blades to follow. Lotus blades thrust 6 times around her, clockwise; 12 and 6, 5 and 11, 10 and 4, 3 and 9, 8and 2, 1 and 7, the first number in the set is the left hand weapon, and it comes to a stop in the right hand. Very fast .Uses a significant amount of MS and Mana. hi damage Diagram available to show hit locations. Cannot turn while using
Stellar strike diagram.jpg
Stellar strike diagram.jpg (83.85 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
2. Heal: Minor health recovery. Uses a little Mana

3. Fire element magic

a. Fire) a small, fast, linear moving fire ball, light fire damage uses a little Mana

b. Inferno) a medium range jet of flames, moderate fire damage, uses some Mana

c. Hell Fire)5 small, fast, homing fireballs, light fire damage per fireball, uses a moderate amount of
mana
4. Ice element magic
a. Frost) medium range burst of frozen water molecules in the air, very high flinch factor, can put out fires,
low damage. Uses a little Mana.
b. Frozen dagger) makes one throwing ice knife, uses a little Mana, can be stacked for a total of 4
knives. low damage
c. Freeze Hazard) 20 ice knives are telekinetically formed, held, and then thrown in groups of 4,
inaccurate, fires at targets between the 10 and 2-o-clock.can not turn while using. Uses a moderate amount of
Mana, and a moderate amount of MS. low damage per hit

she can string two abilities together without being in physical control of the lotus blades. Or use two magic abilities at once pay paying some extra mana or MS, Whichever is appropriate. it must be noted that by throwing fireballs and ice knives would be effective, because they don't necessarily intersect, however, throwing an ice knife into a flame thrower, or a fire ball into a jet of frozen water molecules, would turn into throwing a splash of cool water or a warm breeze at someone.
Last edited by Terra Vall on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 am, edited 11 times in total.

K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:46 pm

1. For the telekinetic abilities, you say that they spend chakra and, for the last one, mana. If they're telekinetic, wouldn't they just use mental stamina? I mean, if you want it to be otherwise, that's fine, but psychic abilities classically spend MS. You can, of course, have multiple costs. Just keep in mind the fact that you're essentially just limiting some telekinesis to a bit of a range extension for just a couple attacks. You could just have generic telekinesis, or you could modify things for extra damage/flinch factors/KB factors/attack speed/whatever.

2. You mention its flinch factor. However, most attacks have some manner of flinch factor; are you saying that these have an increased flinch factor?

Finally, I see a lot of limits, which I normally appreciate, but they're here unnecessary. You already have costs on everything in proportion to their magnitudes; you don't really need to limit things by Level, nor do you need to keep yourself from multi-tasking or stuff. Noah, for example, is often known to cast two spells at once. Their animations are too long (and the mana costs too high) for any more than that before his SPD goes up quite a bit, but he can sling two at once at Lv1. Laola's skills are easier to chain than Noah's spells, and she frequently busts three out at once, also at Lv1. Limits are great, but you needn't screw yourself over so much.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Terra Vall
Guild:

Post by Terra Vall » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 am

i need to rebuild a little any ways. I'm more cozened with black jack

Leilani
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

Heal: We're talking HE only, right? Or would you rather incorporate TD healing, too?

Are "fire element magic" and "ice element magic" just categories? This requires serious reformatting.

I'm assuming that the results of Frozen Dagger and Freeze Hazard have average power factors for (specialty) knives and 100% ice element. That's right?

Just go ahead and take out the extra cost for multiple spells part. If you have the MS to use more than one ability at a time, you have it. There's no reason to give yourself that limit unless you're going to redesign to give yourself an advantage to balance it out. While you're at it, you don't need to specify the other multi-ability limit. If you have the MS, PS, and flexibility, go for it.
For the elemental conflict thing, just say that your abilities don't have a problem with friendly fire even with each other. Takes care of the whole mess, right there.
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Terra Vall
Guild:

Post by Terra Vall » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 am

see what you think now

K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Of the stats, you mean? I fixed "hi" to "high" for clarity. Assuming that "mod" is "moderate," "avg" is "average," "min" is "minimal" (what one could consider as the negative opposite to "tremendous"), and "high" and "above avg" are equivalent, yes, they're fine.

The ability list itself is still very sloppy and unclear, of course. You'll work on that next, I presume.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Abilities”