Inheritance - Instincts

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Noah Ivaldi
Posts in topic: 7
Money: $410
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=696
Guild:

Inheritance - Instincts

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm

My skills and abilities come to me instinctually, as though I knew them from birth. As quickly as I learned them, many wonder if that is truly the case, even. I find that to be most humorous.

For the sake of organization, I have classified my abilities into skillsets, for the most part.

Action Abilities (abilities that are activated via direct, conscious will, such as Martial Arts or Ninjutsu)

Summon (skillset of evokers (worthless versions of summoners), summoners (Duhstick.), and some necromancers):

((Note that natural mana regeneration is disabled during all summon animations but Phantom Summons. This includes the entire period in which Aeons or Espers are active.))

This includes some sub-sets, if you'd like to further classify it, as many would.

((By the way, for Ifrit, also known as Ez Afrit (eez a-FRIT), replace his signature "Hellfire" attack with "Fistfire", which is a summon that deals physical damage. Hey, it was a misnomer, anyway; it's not like real Hellfire can be manipulated, anyway, else it would consume all. Besides, in many stories, games, shows, and such, Ifrit's attack is said to deal physical damage, with the attack feeling more like a giant, scalding fist than a burst of flame. For Belias's Hellfire, simply rename it "Doomscorch". It sounds cooler, anyway.))

Phantom Summon- ((Perform a Youtube search for "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Summon" or the like. So long as you search for the phantom summons of that game (performed prosaically by Ewen, executed with phantoms of slightly better stats and equipment by Knoll, and masterfully generated by Lyon on the occasion that one is granted him as a party member, each simply having slightly better stats and weapon randomization on the phantoms than the former), you should be able to get a relative idea of this skill.))
Often by thrusting my palms to the ground or “drawing” with the tip of a weapon, I can generate a rune in relatively close proximity to myself that conjures a Phantom for my disposal. This provides a less-than-reliable extra fighter for my aid. That is, they will always be somewhat strong, fairly skilled (capable of fair accuracy) and swift (capable of somewhat high attack frequency and pretty good evasion, though not nearly enough), but they can only take one hit . . . from anything. They have no defense or magical resistance, and their health is just some spiritual energy that holds them together and can be disrupted with any non-spiritual attack, basically. While they aren't generally disrupted by many magic-cancellations, anything that would inflict damage instantly dissipates them, including whatever weapon they came with. Would that they would leave something behind for my efforts, that would be appreciated . . . They have no armor, accessories, or anything but a somewhat randomized weapon. That is, I've not summoned one with a standard iron sword or the like in ages, but- Well, you see, most Phantom Summoners only summon Phantoms with axes. This includes axes of iron, steel, sometimes diamond, hand axes (the weakest, but confers a ranged attack via throwing; medium-ranged), tomahawks (hand axes +, though not a ton of +, and the same range), and Devil Axes, which are quite strong, but may randomly sap some of the user's life at the beginning of any attack . . . which is terrible for Phantoms who can only take one hit . . . -_- ((As a side note, when playing that game, I once got a Phantom to go so far as to attack more than ten times without that affect kicking in. Every dog has his day. xD)) However, my Phantoms may randomly come with bows and arrows, archaic guns, swords, polearms of sorts, and more. While this sounds like a great deal of versatility, the unpredictability can also be a hassle, a big hassle . . . Oh, right, and some may come with a shield . . . No weapon else; just a shield . . . That wouldn't bother me if they could wield the shields expertly as weapons ((like the Athenians)), but they can't. They just can't. It's always nice to summon a Phantom to help you smash something, and find that their only attack form is a weak shield-throw. Fantastic . . . -_- Oh, then, when you want a Phantom to take a hit for you, you get someone with a Devil's Axe, which is so heavy as to slow them down so that they're more likely to get hit by the first attack to be taken, unless you have them attack and risk losing them even before then. If I haven't made it painfully evident already, allow me to summarize hence: While Phantom Summoning is a great, fun ability, it's not very reliable, even in its highest form. I make it sound fantastic because I like it, but don't consider this to be my main attack. My luck isn't very good to begin with. ((If someone expects this ability to be a bit excessive, ask others about me. I'm really good at effing myself over. xD Still, in any given battle, if you decide that I'm due for a screw-up, expect little-to-no resistance, especially the latter of the spectrum.))
Note: Presently (at Lv1), I can conjure up to three Phantoms to be active at once. In order to summon another, I must first dismiss one of the three that I have in play or wait for it to die. Also, about the strongest weapons that they come with are mythril weapons. Not bad, but not especially good, either.

NOTICE: All Summon Magic spells, all Eidolons (AY-doe-lons), Eidolons (ie-DOE-lons), the Overdrives of the Aeons (AY-ons), and the Quickenings of the Espers have the following properties:
They appear after no charge time beyond the initial casting time. (I have to stand there for just a brief moment to organize my mana and send it out to summon them.)
They release a burst of energy that is dispersed equally throughout an area and isn't affected by the area, so lightning, fire, water, and ice attacks work just fine when underwater. This is because the magic exists in transdimensional flux, basically allowing it to only be "there" as much as it's supposed to be, allowing each molecule in the designated area to be damaged individually. The energy does not shoot down from them; it's simply there as soon as they want it to be, which is right after they appear. Some animations make it LOOK otherwise, but this is how it is for all of them.
The energy hits everyone within the area at full power; there is no split damage property, nor can one take less damage by only getting partially hit. You're either hit or you're not.
The spells have piercing magic properties, so the "Reflect" status and similar things will not deter them.
The energy does NOT have a friendly fire property. Beneficial spells will only benefit the caster and allies, while detrimental spells will only detriment the enemies.
No energy is left behind; at the end of the attack, all latent energy disappears, being absorbed back into the summon, then the summon disappears.
((Everyone got it? See any loopholes? If you think that you can weasel something in, tell me about it, so that I know to specify a property that the spells already have, but I forgot to write.))

Summon Magic- This includes myriad summon spells by which some sort of esper or the like is summoned for one blast, then immediately dismissed. ((For details, read-up/YT Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. You can compare their costs and power factors, as well as watch their animations. I also threw in something of my own.)) This is my most common form of attack, and, unlike Phantom Summon, it costs mana. Phantoms can be generated without a mana cost, but it's not exactly a swift process that allows for moving while acting, and there's the issue of the limits and the unreliability . . . These, however, simply cost a ton of mana. Since most of them work in 30-meter radii, and the others work in 40-meter radii, by default, these are very accurate. ((I made it so that they can be dodged, but not by just any idiot's little “jump to the left.”)) They're strong, so they're worth the cost, and summoners such as myself have a lot of mana to dish out, but cost is cost. I say that they're my main form of attack because many enemies that I've dealt with couldn't stand more than one-to-four of these spells, but I realize that, in this realm, I'm dealing with a whole new caliber of foes. Still, they're powerful, and I can dish out a lot of them, especially thanks to the "Blood Price" ability that my Blood Scepter grants, so I consider them to be my main attack.

Aeon- This consists of summons that last until they're taken down via dismissal or defeat. Of course, if defeated, it takes about a full week of rest and meditation on my part to restore them so that I can use them again . . . They're pretty powerful. Their skills are . . . somewhat limited, but pretty good nonetheless. Overall, they're just great helpers for me, though I try not to bring them in too much; as I said, if felled, they dissipate for a long time, and it takes a lot to get them back. They are immune or tremendously resilient to most ailments, excluding time-based effects. I can only use one Aeon at a time, and I can not summon anything else or use any other abilities while one is present; all of my capacity to act beyond standard attacks is sacrificed for their sake. All Aeons have normal attacks, one special attack, some basic spells, and an Overdrive ((which can be used the same way as in FFX; they build-up Overdrive power as they take damage, inflict damage, dodge, miss, when any ailment tries to get to them, whether successful or not, when they defeat a enemy, moreso when they defeat a really tough enemy, when a comrade takes damage, and as time passes until it builds-up to a maximum, at which point the Overdrive can be used at any time, emptying the "gauge" again)). Naturally, the Overdrives hurt a lot, not that the other attacks are exactly soft. ((They don't confer nearly the seeming-omnipotence that they do in FFX. If this even sounds excessive, wait to see it in action; this kinda' sounds braggy in comparison to the capabilities that I'll use. Though, the Overdrives are all cutscene abilities.))
Presently (Lv1), I can only summon the Aeon, Valefor . . . which is quite weak. At least it's pretty fast . . .

Eidolon (AY-doe-lon)- ((copy pasta from FF IX . . . with variations, of course)) This is a variant of Summon Magic. While more mana-costly, these are in some cases more powerful, in some cases simply different, and in all cases wider-area for increased accuracy and targeting (That is, these all have radii of 50 meters.). Also, during the attack, while the flinch factor is generally enough to keep the target(s) busy, if an attack comes from another direction, or if the target(s) can manage an attack while being hit, these summons can take damage. If they take enough damage to be KOd, they can be restricted from my use for quite some time. Since I can't even heal them after they take damage (save by about the same time of meditation that it takes to restore them from being knocked out, ironically enough . . .), this makes Eidolons quite risky. I've heard of a variation of this technique that involves the designated Eidolon appearing for an attack, then disappearing, as usual, but then coming back in a short while without recasting. I'd like to work on mimicking that technique, but don't expect it anytime soon ((keeping within my Level)), and, even if I master it, I may not use it often. It would expose my Eidolons to frequent attacks, and that can end badly . . .
Note: My present, Lv1 repertoire of Eidolons is only Shiva, an ice queen. Having only one Eidolon means that I REALLY don't want to risk losing her in battle. Don't expect much to come of this skill anytime soon.

Eidolon (ie-DOE-lon)- ((I'm using the IV/XIII pronunciation for the III-style summons.)) This is a simple variant of Summon Magic. I have a collection of summons that have two effects, commonly classified as a “white” effect, usually dealing with status or healing, and a “black” effect, usually being one of raw damage. I summon an Eidolon, and it selects one of the two abilities to use at random ((Die roll: 1 = white, 2 = black.)), with the cost already paid. Since I'm not exactly the luckiest guy in the world, the unreliability deters me from using these very often.

Esper- ((copy pasta from FF XII, but with less power, less accuracy, no starting status buffs, especially weaker Quickenings, less intellect . . . generally worse everything, so not nearly as powerful as you'd expect)) This consists of Espers that fight alongside me much like the Aeons, but they're in a different class to call their own, they unleash a significantly powerful attack upon being felled that's called a Quickening ((also autohits)), and they don't take direct commands. In fact, they're not all that bright, really. I think that it's a result of a curse that's on me; I honestly don't know. For some reason, the magic that I use to conjure these conflicts with Aeon magic, so I can't have an Esper and an Aeon in play at once. I also am limited to one Esper at once, much like Aeons. They have similar, but inferior immunities to Aeons. I tend not to use these; they're not very reliable, and they take two weeks to recharge via meditation if felled. Keep in mind that I can only meditate for one purpose at a time, too. The efficiency is THERE; it's just really situational, mainly due to elemental attributes. On the plus side, unlike Aeons, Espers do not restrict my actions.
Note: So far (Lv1), I only have Belias, the Gigas. Yeah, just a basic fire guy. Water users would look at me and simply laugh. Fire users would likely laugh harder. I'll probably avoid this skill like the plague, most of the time. ((This is rather ironic, as Espers are my favorite summon types, hehe.))

. . . My specialty is summoning. Couldja' tell? xD

Terramancy (skillset of, naturally, terramancers): This is a lot simpler. It involves simple Geomancy, some Time Magic, a tiny dabbling of Black Magic, and, of course, the exclusive Terramancy in and of itself. Simply said, terramancy is the manipulation of the terrain and its elements (earth at normal efficiency, fire, water, and ice at slightly reduced efficiency, and wind and electricity at reduced efficiency); basic terramancers can cause the ground to shift to make small fissures, raise pillars, lower the ground similarly (I hope that you can smell the platforming advantages by now, 'cause they're a terramancer's best friend.), and similar feats. Average terramancers can learn to convert land types (water -> grasslands, forest ground -> lava, et cetera). None of the features are likely to make or break you in a heated battle, but every little bit counts, and, with intelligent usage, these can be quite significant. This is especially true of higher terramancers, who can cause great quakes, avalanches, lahars, and even take unused land that is below the ocean and branch it off into new land, with enough working at it. That's not to say that it will be done; that's just an example of the capabilities of a high terramancer. Of course, the greater the feat, the higher the cost of Terraflow, though one's proficiency in Terramancy also improves one's cost efficiency.

Necromancy (skillset of . . . necromancers! Go figure!): This is basic manipulation of necrotic energy, a green-black energy that can make decaying corpses into animate, incompetent helpers, or it just be used to attack and stuff. ((There aren't many specific limits to how this can be used, other than the fact that it will always be within reason.)) This isn't really my forté. I can hardly even get a corpse to dig its way out of the ground, if it's buried much more than 15 meters under. Necromancy can be applied to other undead targets, but is very limited. Necrotic energy can be used to give me a little more control over Phantoms in battle. When attacked or when commanded to attack, they generally just go all-out to the best of their capabilities that they were summoned with. With the influence of necrotic energy, I can have them hold back a bit, I can force them to move slightly to dodge an attack that I expect to come, et cetera. It's nothing big, though.

Transmutation (skillset of alchemists . . . 'cause you really needed me to tell you that): You all know of alchemy, right? I'm picking it up in leaps and bounds, but I have a lot on my proverbial plate, right now, so I've had little time to master it. It does help to supplement my Terramancy, though, as I can make doors, windows, and the like over time, to terramance and transmute a house, if I really need to. Hey, I could go work to improve residential areas, once I found the time! Not a bad idea . . . I digress. My alchemical abilities are quite limited. In fact, I rarely find use for them in battle, though part of that is because I can terramance more than I can transmute. Though, one thing that I find alchemy useful for is the formation of equipment. Mine's pretty good, right now, so this doesn't help me much, but I can help others. I'm also working on a formula to infuse one equipment piece into another for the sake of things such as a robe having the fashion and properties that any mage expects, but with the defense of heavier armor. I'm not at all sure when I'll make this happen at all, though, much less make it efficient. Once I have a really great mastery of alchemy ((Lv5 or better, probably)), I'll rename this to "Hermetics," those being the most seclusion-inducing alchemy skills, as they are the most secretive and relatively all-encompassing. ((Note: All of my alchemy will require drawn alchemy circles until at least Lv4, and probably until Lv5. It can spend MA, PS, or a mix, and it's pretty cost-efficient, but that doesn't help much when coupled with the fact that Noah's effectiveness cap with it is low.))

Transummon: I have found a way to transcend my limits! By drawing an alchemy circle on a person, I can cast a Summon Magic spell on them and transmute the spell to generate a fusion of the person and the summon! I haven't tried it with Eidolons, Eidolons, Aeons, and Espers, but I expect that the latter two would only work with me, since Aeon and Esper summonings target me to summon, and not anyone else or an area. It is something to experiment with, to be sure. Relatedly, by channeling mana through such a fusion, said fusion can maintain greater immunities and absorptions. For instance, Leviathan, on his own, can absorb almost any water attack, even many exclusive water elements, and is immune to what he can't absorb. When fused with a person, the fusion absorbs most water attacks, is immune to many exclusive water elements, and takes reduced damage from some others. By channeling mana through the fusion, the resistance levels can increase, and the same is true of immunities to such ailments as disability, immobilization, blindness, silence, temporal effects, poisons, at cetera.

Arcanism ((mixed skillset, partially WTMG, partially BKMG, almost all of “Mystic,” partially, ironically enough, “Alchemist” (Astra), partially “Arcanist” of FFTA2: GotR, and most of the "Arcane Magicks" of FFXII)): This includes basic White Magic (which, paired with Blood Price, can be a deadly combo for seemingly infinite magic, thanks to the healing magic, but has limits, including the lack of a feasible opportunity to abuse this, particularly in a heated battle, and also including the fact that some healing magic has an area affect, which is not good against an enemy who can run up and reap the benefits . . . Oh, and there's the problem with being too vulnerable when you're just standing there and casting spells.), basic Black Magic (making the Terramancy-accessible BKMG spells redundant), Astra, Drain (incredibly weak draining spell, pretty much not worth casting in almost any situation, costs a little mana), and Syphon, which is Drain, but for mana. Syphon is slightly more useful and less costly than Drain, but still about as strong as throwing a Weebo in front of a charging Carillion. ((If anyone gets that reference, by a miraculous chance, let me know. xD)) There're also the Mystic Arts spells, which is mainly about ailing foes. There's nothing that's really special, though Astra can be handy, at times, and some Mystic Arts can help. Decoy (inflicts "Lure”) and Vanish ((which I made to be better than it was in FFXII, so that it's not COMPLETELY useless, but still not very long-lasting)) are also spells of this skillset.

((The "experimental" vibe is just that Noah isn't sure about it. In actuality, Transummon works the same way under all circumstances, except that, as Noah will soon discover, A) it doesn't work with Eidolons (ie-DOE-lons, the III-style ones) at all, B) it won't work with Eidolons (AY-doe-lons) until Lv3, C) it won't work with Aeons until Lv4, and D) it won't work with Espers until Lv6 (though some training will probably bump that down to Lv5).))

Lore (skillset of scholars): This one needs a lot of expanding on, and I'm not sure that I'll even be able to do so, in this realm, as it requires books that may or may not exist, here. So far, this only includes two actions. I can "Study" a target to identify elemental affinities, relative power, and (SO useful in battle . . .) a hint as to their personality. This isn't very accurate, not at all reliable, and I think that even if I really work on it (so high as Lv7, even), it'll never carry anything that's even close to the precision of my guesswork. ((By the way, my guessing capabilities are really abnormal, but I still don't rely on them, and Noah certainly won't, either.)) I'm a better judge of character than this ability yields. I seem to have quite a few abilities that are rather lack-luster, don't I? I digress. The other ability that this skillset confers is Force. Not a particularly novel name for a spell, is it? Well, it's something of a lesser version of Astra. It confers improved resilience against ailments such as blindness or poison. Still, this isn't even complete protection; it merely deters ailments, thus reducing the accuracy of hit-or-miss ailment-inducers and reducing the affect of ailments that do afflict me. ((When a status ailment would be inflicted as an all-or-nothing deal, roll a five-sided die. If the result is five, negate it. If an ailment is inflicted over time, reduce its speed by 20%.)) It's about as limited as Astra, and its real saving grace is that it's not a one-time boost, but a benefit that can last for fifteen minutes or so.

Elemental Affinities: I have very slight manipulation over lightning, wind, earth, water, light, and darkness, but it's so slight that it can hardly be used for utility purposes. ((These are essentially standard LMNTal manipulations, but with about 1/4th efficiency, making them totally impractical for battle. Terramancy is better in every way, but these can spend my CH or MA.))

Well, congrats! You endured my seemingly endless explanations of my Action Abilities. Yeah, it's more than a bit long-winded, but I feel that it's also necessary, or at least helpful. The rest of my abilities are a cinch, if you've lasted through that nonsense.

Reaction Abilities (abilities that occur in reaction to others' attacks)

Nature's Wrath: This is painfully simple. When attacked, physically, metaphysically, or magically, I can counter with the Geomancy spell of whatever land type that I'm standing on, regardless of the distance, at no cost. For instance, while standing in a tree, if a gunshot knocks me into the tree from a mile away, I will raise my arms to cast Wind Slash to damage the enemy with wind, potentially slashing their arms to disable them. This isn't as good as I make it sound, though. In fact, I don't frequently let it activate. Geomancy just isn't strong enough to warrant even the slight arm movement to cast it, at times, particularly since I'm almost always casting another spell. It doesn't help that an attack in conjunction with the reflex of raising my arms for a semiconscious spellcast can cause me to drop something . . . like a book that may teach a spell or my freakin' weapon . . . Hey, if nothing else, I could use the book for a crappy shield, right? The point remains that the reflexive motion can get in the way of a better course of action. If you don't see how, think about it some more. The more that you think about it, the more that this reaction will seem to be less than sufficient.

Support Abilities (You won't actually see these; they're pretty much just explanations of stuff that I have over the normal mage.)

Mystic Proficiency: This confers more power to my spells while reducing charge times to the point of nigh-elimination and increasing effect duration. ((All spells' power factors are negligibly increased. Listed effect durations are extended by 1/7th.))

Movement Abilities (Must I really expound on that?)

Avoid Traps: As though being a peerless guesser and a moderate psychic wasn't enough, this grants me an aura that disallows traps to be activated by my motion. Of course, there are limits. This isn't really even as useful as it sounds, and I didn't exactly glorify it to begin with. If I mess with a trapped area enough, it'll go off. If someone else triggers the trap, it'll go off. If it's just a trap with some powerful enough magic for the purpose, it'll go off. Noticing a pattern? I just make guesses and rely on my mediocre psychic “bad feelings” to get me by, honestly.

Mana Stroll: By walking around when not engaged in battle (The ability somehow innately “knows” when I'm in battle and turns itself off.), I very slowly regain mana. It's kinda' handy.

Swim: It always came naturally to me, as much as walking or quacking when the sun came up.

Lavaswim: This is a Movement Ability of terramancers. It's nice, yes? Of course, we can't breathe, down there, so the usage is rather limited . . . Also, this will absolutely NOT protect me from a lava-based attack; the concentration of the attack at the velocity disrupts the ability for that purpose. Of course, terramancers can generally take some lava shots fairly well, anyway, but I digress. Lavaswim's still handy for movement.

Jump + 1: Don't let the number confuse you; it's just there to relativize the magnitude of the ability. I'm just a natural jumper, so I can get around fairly easily. This won't even mean a damned thing, once I get an ability like "Ignore Elevation" or the like. ((Simply said, Noah's jumping capacity is just a bit over what his SPD implies.))

Ignore Weather: My terramancer's aura allows me to move unimpeded through watery terrain in bad weather. Most people stay away from fenlands, swamps, and marshes in the rain, but those places are my favorite hiding places during a squall.

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Stat relativizations:
Health Energy: He's a Summoner. Thanks to his other traits, mostly the fact that he's a Necromancer and (the greatest part of this) a Terramancer, his health is better than it would be, but still very far below average.
Mana: Pretty much all of his classes are high-mana classes, especially Summoner. As such, he can just about throw spells around like candy, especially thanks to his abilities. ("Far above average" is fitting.)
Chakra: This is extremely low. He doesn't use the stuff.
Physical Stamina: Terramancer + Alchemist + Summoner = quite a bit, so this is negligibly above average.
Mental Stamina: This is absolutely tremendous.
Strength: Not so much. This is about the average . . . for a mage. This is noticeably below the average for Houcm characters.
Defense: This is worse than his strength. It's extremely low.
Magic: This is noticeably above average.
Resistance: See how good his magic is? This is slightly above that (far above AVG).
Speed: This is negligibly above average.
Terraflow: While a bit high when compared to other terramancers, this parameter is still below average.
Necrotic Energy: This is noticeably below the average for a parameter.

- very far below, extremely low, noticeably below, extremely low
+ far above, negligibly above, tremendous, noticeably above, far above, negligibly above
"Very far below" negates both "negligibly above"s and the "far above." The "noticeably" below/above cancel each other. One "extremely low" cancels "tremendous," leaving the other to compensate for the addition of two parameters. If you look at the basic math, Noah appears to come out ahead, but you must realize that Terraflow is reduced because of its limits and necrotic energy is much more limited, to the point at which it could almost be considered as a free bonus.

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 am

[border]Spell Format:
Spell - minimal cost and damage
a)
Spellra - medium cost and damage
Spellga - high cost and damage
Spellja - huge cost and damage
b)
FeySpell - medium cost for a small boost to range and radius
GreatSpell - high cost for a medium boost to range and radius
GrandSpell - huge cost for a high boost to range and radius

a) and b) sets can be combined. For example, if I cast FeyWatera (Feyspell + Spellra -> Water), I can have the power of Watera with the range and radius of FeyWater, though it costs the same as Waterga or GreatWater. Numerically speaking, one could number -ra and Fey- spells as 2, -ga and Great- spells as 3, and -ja and Grand- spells as 4, then total the numbers of combinations and subtract 1 for the relative cost. (In this example, 2 (-ra) + 2 (Fey-) - 1 = 3, the same cost as -ga or Great- spell.) The primary spells can work off both/either set, while spells that are only secondary effects, such as Esuna, Dispel, and Regen, only work off the second set, and many other spells always keep to their own forms, such as Scathe.

By this system, offensive and healing spells can be said to have 7 levels, just like our system. However, Noah will only gain one spell level for each two Level-ups, so he'll have to attain more spellcasting options through training.[/border]

[border]Keep in mind that, if you're familiar with the games from which they come, that doesn't mean that you know my spells; I've included many variations.
When just an element or "non-elemental" is listed, the spell inflicts damage.
Power/Cost charts are not all on the same scale. If you compare the Summon Magic, Ramuh, to the Eidolon, Ramuh, you'll see that the Eidolon appears to cost less, which makes no sense. They're just not on the same numeric scale; “22” by the Eidolon cost scale is more like “45” or so by Summon Magic's scale. The power scales between those two sets are actually very close, though, to the point at which the difference is negligible.
Multi-targeting spells that inflict damage/healing have a normal split damage property. All summons ignore this; they deal full damage/healing to all targets.
Summon Magic has a default casting range of 50 meters; if a target is within 50 meters of horizontal distance, Noah can cast a spell with that point as the spell's center point.
Eidolons have default casting ranges of 75 horizontal meters.
All of Noah's present spells have infinite vertical casting range.
Aeons and Espers are summoned near Noah, just as they are in their original games.[/border]

Summon Magic
All damage is applied only to HE unless otherwise stated.
Most animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqpHR7C-M5g
Ignore “Mogri,” Salamander, and the misspellings; that is from the original FFT, which is known for its bad translations, and I'm not using Mog or Salamander. The only semi-difficult misspelling is Silt = Sylph. The last animation is just a death animation; ignore it.
Zodiark's animation: third summon in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2tSokYh7w
Unicorn's (first summon), Kirin's (1:18), Phoenix's (1:49), and Maduin's (2:07, but with appearance matching FFIX's, except with blue fur) animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtCnjGUrMQ
Other animations are in the descriptions.

Ifrit: Infernal Blaze (fire-elemental)
Shiva: Glacial Shards (ice-elemental)
Ramuh: Wisdom Storm (lightning-elemental)
Titan: Terra Rage (earth-elemental)
Leviathan: Wyrm Water (water-elemental)
Sylph: Whispering Wind (wind-elemental)
Golem: Earthen Wall*
Carbuncle: Ruby Light (inflicts "Reflect" status on allies for 35 seconds)
Kirin: Heart Aurora (inflicts "Regen" or "Organize" (choice per cast, not per ally) status on allies for 3 minutes)
Unicorn: Summoner's Beacon (removes the last 2 ailments on each target with Esuna-grade proficiency (If that's not sufficient for an ailment, the attempt is counted, anyway, so it doesn't just get to move down the line until it fixes three ailments.) and restores HE like a weaker Cure with no split damage)
Faerie: Fey Light (restores HE, slightly less powerful than Healra on each target, costs twice as much as Healra)
Diablos: Penultimate Messenger (gravity-elemental, proportional damage of 1/3rd of the target's current HE and puts enemies to sleep with a 20-second base duration; attack appearance = giant orb of black, gravity-elemental energy descends upon area, stops, contorts chaotically, and disperses; sleep chance = die roll of 6 on a 7-sided die)
Lich: Descending Darkness (dark-elemental, proportional damage of 1/2 the target's current HE; random failure chance determined by a snake eyes on two 3-sided dice)
Maduin: Auraburst (light-elemental)
Phoenix: Lifebringer (non-elemental damage to "undead"/"Undead"** targets, revives allies like the Life spell)
Odin: Obliteration (non-elemental, greater radius)
Bahamut: Bahaflare (non-elemental, greater radius, very hot)
Cyclops: Climactic Fear (non-elemental, very cold)
Zodiark: Abyssal Cloud (intense non-elemental damage, greater radius, locked until Lv4)

*Earthen Wall redirects physical damage until its damage limit or time limit has been met. It works on all allies (meaning that tG and Noah can be protected by this at the same time) regardless of position. The damage limit is equal to half the caster's HE, which isn't very much, considering that it's Noah. It probably won't be two-shot, but it can only take a few average hits. The Lv1 time limit is one minute, and that goes up by the standard 1/3rd per level. Training may also extend this limit. More colorful description:
A wall of magic in the form of a crystalline wall of earth forms extradimensionally at the position of party members to channel physical damage, as determined by the defenses of the units, to the golem, which exists in another dimension and can't be targeted, as with other Summon Magic summons.

Power/Cost Chart:
Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh = 20/24
Sylph = 21/26
Titan/Leviathan = 22/30
Maduin = 28/40
Odin = 36/50
Bahamut = 42/60
Cyclops = 44/50
Zodiark = 90/99
Diablos = X/40
Lich = X/50
Unicorn = 11/24
Faerie = 28/30
Phoenix = 10/90
Kirin = 0/58
Golem = 0/40
Carbuncle = 0/30

Eidolons
Most animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zktBvLN9-sc
Alexander: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdp_uyJ_Q4
Pics: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Eidolon_(Final_Fantasy_IX)
In relation to IX, the costs and power factors scaled to be more costly than Summon Magic and generally stronger. Remember that all of them are the full animation length versions, and the gem bonuses are all 0 (as well as the level bonus for Maduin) until I obtain something that changes this. (Atomos, for example, will always inflict gravity damage = 30% of MAXHE until I get something special to upgrade this.) Here are those that differ from the norm:

Alexander is presently locked away beyond Noah's memory's reach, but will become a summon that's not just for storyline purposes.
Bahamut's attack, Mega Flare, is simply joined into one word, Megaflare. Its cost is fixed so that it's still a great summon, but not broken.
Ifrit's attack, as previously stated, has been renamed to Fistfire.
Fistfire, Diamond Dust, and Judgement Bolt (respectively, Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh) have their power factors and costs averaged out.
Odin's Zantetsuken always dishes the non-elemental damage version out, but with a 1/13 chance of dealing instant-KO, in stead. Its power factor is divided by about 7 (21 in FFIX terms), and the instant-KO chance is determined by a 13 on a 13-sided die.
Leviathan's attack name is changed back to Tidal Wave, rather than Tsunami, since Tsunami is an attack of Famfrit, and the other Eidolons have their classic attack names.
Titan is now summoned directly, rather than through Fenrir, as a separate Eidolon. Its normal attack is Gaia's Wrath.
Terrestrial Rage and Tsunami will be Alter Eidolon attacks, with their power being equivalent to Millennial Decay, Fenrir's attack.

Leviathan's and Fenrir's attack powers have been switched. Millennial Decay FTW. Oh, and match up the costs accordingly. Titan and Leviathan have the Fenrir cost, while Fenrir has Leviathan's.
Rebirth Flame costs a lot more mana. It doesn't have randomized fire damage, but just some weak fire damage (PWR 12, in FFIX terms, which is less than 1/3rd of the power of Ifrit, Shiva, or Ramuh), and the HE restoration is 15% of MAXHE to unconscious (not dead) allies, to the point that they could easily be one-shot right afterward. The difference between this and the Pheonix: Lifebringer spell is that this, as an Eidolon, costs more, has a small attack to go with it, has a bigger radius, and can be damaged.
When Noah casts Carbuncle, he decides whether he wants it to cast Ruby Light (Reflect on all allies), Opal Light (Vanish), Emerald Light (Haste), Diamond Light (Protect), or Pearl Light (Shell). They all have the same cost, which has been more than doubled, but different effect durations. Respectively, they last 5 minutes, 1.5 minutes, one minute, 5 minutes, and 5 minutes. Yeah, these are some pretty long-lasting effects.
Maduin's Auraclasm (Little-known fact: "Madeen" and "Terra Homing" are misconfigurations of "Maduin" and "Terraforming". Thus, the Eidolon name is reverted, and the attack name is redone.) and Ark's (Seriously, I didn't plan that with his name. It just happened that way.) Eternal Darkness are cutscene abilities, but their costs are also larger. They're both locked until higher Levels, anyway. They each also lose 5% of their HE with each summon.
Addition: Mist Dragon- Animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UksUufJXMhg
Its attack is Radiant Breath, which deals light-elemental damage, and its slightly stronger than (at a proportional cost increase to) Ifrit, Shiva, or Ramuh.
Addition: Sylph- Animation: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101219015152/finalfantasy/images/f/fd/Sylphs.jpg
Three tiny fairies appear, float around, point at the target, and make an uplifting motion with their arms. Green sparks of magic fly out of the target and into Noah in response. The attack is Breathdraw, which deals small, wind-elemental damage to enemies with a draining effect. Noah's HE is restored by 1/4th of what little damage is dealt. The cost is just above the power factor.
Addition: Bismarck- Animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrvsLBR1L4
The attack is Bubblerush, which deals water-elemental damage. A blue whale that's roughly the size of a great white shark rides forth in a bubble-wave rush for just over half Leviathan's power at just over half his cost.
Addition: Pandemona- Animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlMkxliWqGY
The wind-elemental damage and its cost are somewhat below Titan. It's called Tornado Zone.

Power/Cost Chart (No Additions):
Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh = 37/24
Odin = 21/28
Titan/Leviathan = 44/30
Fenrir = 59/42
Bahamut = 88/68
Maduin = 71/89
Ark = 106/120
Atomos = X/32
Phoenix = 12/50
Carbuncle = X/62

All Eidolons have MAXHE = 50% of Noah's and the same DEF and RES * 1.2. These apply to "original" stats per Level; any status effects on Noah are ignored.

Terramancy
This is not just a fancy word for "earth bending." Terramancy is the adaptation to, the manipulation of, the conversion of, and the summoning of the elements of terrain. It also allows some thermal control, lots of personal thermal adaptation, and other terrain- and climate-related effects. Terrain can be converted to other forms; Noah can take the patch of tundra that you're standing on and turn it into lava, although not too immediately. At Lv1-3, the effects are temporary (30s + more time at the cost of additional Terraflow, in increments of 1s, each Level extending time limits by 1/3rd of the total). At Lv4-5, the effects are temporary by default, but much extra Terraflow can be spent to give effects permanency. At Lv6+, permanency becomes more efficient, so actions can be considered as permanent by default. While it is not energy-efficient, terrain can be teleported around, summoned to the terramancer, et cetera. Terraflow is a pool of energy that is not just taken from, but circulated through the planet. It builds up incredibly slowly over time, but at a decent rate as Noah moves around. Note that the energy circulation method allows movements such as jumps, gliding, flight, and even teleportation to still add energy, just as if he had walked the same distance.
Geomancy spells count 90% MAG and 10% STR. The damage is magical, and they are highly accurate (largely due to animations occurring at about four times the shown speed), but they have quite low power factors. They wouldn't even be strong enough if Noah's STR was slightly above average, by the time that he's facing some high-end enemies. They can cost some mana or a smaller amount of Terraflow, and they're all equal in cost and power, but different spells are available on different terrains. Noah knows which spells he can cast in which places. They all have a casting range of 30 meters.

Geomancy- Animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN66pBTyuR4
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8zO-zLLMEA
They're in order, starting with the 6th ability of the first vid and ending with the 7th of the second.
Sinkhole: non-LMNTal
Torrent: water-LMTNal
Tanglevine: non-LMNTal
Contortion: non-LMNTal
Tremor: earth-LMNTal
Wind Slash: wind-LMNTal
Will-o'-the-Wisp: fire-LMNTal
Quicksand: water-LMNTal
Sandstorm: wind-LMNTal
Snowstorm: ice-LMNTal
Wind Blast: wind-LMNTal
Magma Surge: fire-LMNTal

Simple terramancy, not to be confused with the Geomancy spells, is different. Noah can choose to augment his stat calculations to a limited extent, but he can already delegate 100% MAG-reliance, so he uses that, obviously. For instance, he could choose to use 90% MAG and 10% STR if he wanted to, but his STR is lower than his MAG, so he chooses 100% MAG. A 7/3 ratio is the furthest end of the spectrum. All the damage is magical. Noah's Terrmanacy and Geomancy apply damage 110% to HE and 90% to TD.

Terramancy also, as previously stated, allows Time Magic, but not all spells. They all have a casting range of 25 meters. Here are the spells that will be available over the Levels and training (Animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOe-6tdggg), with FeySpells, GreatSpells, and GrandSpells later becoming available, as well:
Haste: For 30 seconds, the target's speed is multiplied by 1.5. It's a big difference, often enough, but the mana cost is big enough for it.
Slow: For 30 seconds, the target's speed is halved. Again, the difference is big, but it has a big enough cost, although not as big as Haste's (since it can miss, of course).
Immobilize: For 30 seconds, the target can't change position. Movements for attacks and some small maneuvers of evasion (such as a short jump in place, ducking, leaning to a direction, et cetera) are allowed. The cost is fairly low.
Disable: For 30 seconds, the target can't act. Movement is allowed, but one can't even raise one's shield or cloak to block attacks. The advantage of Hesitation is that it costs slightly less, but this one has a vertical radius of 1 meter and a shorter casting time.
Float: The target floats just above the ground as the target stands, walk, run, and otherwise move along the not ground for one minute. The cost is very low, but so is the benefit.
Break: This inflicts "Petrify" (not "Stone"; see below) on a target. Unfortunately, its casting time is lengthened (Watch it at half the frame rate.), so it's pretty inaccurate, despite the moderate mana cost.
Bleed: For a relatively low mana cost, this inflicts "Sap" on a target. Its casting time is short enough that it's generally pretty accurate, but can also be evaded without too much trouble. Despite the name, it does not actually make one bleed, but it makes one's HE bleed, so to speak.
Gravity: An orb of dark-looking magic homes-in on an opponent within 20 meters of the designated cast point, then deals damage = 1/4th of the target's maximum health. However, like many proportional attacks, it can't knock someone out. If it would knock someone out, the target stays conscious with just enough HE that the target can be one-shot (1 HP, in video game terms). Also, if the target is airborne, it is drawn toward the ground, often grounding the target for a few moments.
Stop (When it's first learned, it will have a charge time of 5 seconds and an ending lag of 5 seconds, and it won't be leaned too soon, either.): For 15 seconds, the target is stopped in time, but not space, so the target can be attacked and otherwise afflicted, then will take all the hits at once when it comes back to time. Unlike the others, Stop can't be recast to reset the timer.
Extend (Animation: Blue orbs appear and orbit the target as they spiral inward and infuse into the target with a light blue glow. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110512034209/finalfantasy/images/b/b8/FFTA2_Extend.png): For the remainder of the battle, the duration of all limited-time effects (positive and negative) on the target(s) are multiplied by 1.5. Durations that were previously afflicted are not changed; only durations that are applied after Extend are affected.
All other Time Magic spells will be inaccessible until further notice.
Slow, Immobilize, Disable, Float, and Extend have horizontal radii of 2 meters and vertical radii of 1. This form of Gravity is single-target. It's also available through the Arcanism skillset in the exact same form, which means nothing, unless one skillset is disabled at some point, yet the other remains.

Necromancy
Presently, this factors 90% of his MAG and 5% of his RES. The ability, however, is metaphysical. Necrotic energy simply accumulates over time at a pathetically slow rate. When someone within 100 meters dies, Noah gets a huge charge of necrotic energy. However, that someone has to be a sentient being in order to give him such a surge; the deaths of animals, monsters, and whatever else only give him a slight charge of necrotic energy.
Presently, Noah knows no Necromancy spells; he just has the standard manipulation of necrotic energy.

Arcanism
Animation of Gravity and Arcanism spells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTF35tYxw1k
Black Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JzkA7xtMdA
Most White Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUDeHv9Grw
The Dispelga and Esunaga animations show how FeySpells work.
Protect, Shell, Poison, and Toxify: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdxzlh-kgk
Nulspells: An orb of magic with the respective color orbits the subject while ascending and descending slowly, followed by a glowtail of the same color.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wht_Magic_(Final_Fantasy_X)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un3nPapL9ww
Barspells: Nulspells without the glowtails
Wall (3), Lightja (5), and Firaja (9): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3k6hJyvmQ
Note: Lightja is projected from the sky, not the ground, so mentally flip that animation.
Darkja (6): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN2ZFacTY3A
Thundaja: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alb9MVlm-zs
Blizzaja: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YrKz8WBfdU
Unless specified otherwise, the costs are copied straight from FFXII. Just, you know, use your head to adjust them to relative terms as necessary.

All Arcanism spells have a casting range of 25 meters. The radii of the multi-target spells are equal to the FFXII versions (signified by the blue circles), for the defaults. The Spellra and Spellga radii that the vids show are actually the FeySpell and GreatSpell radii. GrandSpell radii are obviously the same step up. All the single-target spells ignore elevation (Basically, the spells move as they animate, but only vertically.), so you can't get out of them just by jumping or digging straight up or down.
Add the Stone spell series, with the animations being those of Shantotto's in Dissidia: FF. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmezZmn7Aow When this vid shows "Stonega," that's Stonera. It shows Quake multiple times. The first is the worst view, not that it's bad, and there are better views later in the fight. Quake is Noah's Stonega. Stoneja just looks luke an eruption of earth spikes that angle outward. If you really need a visual, search YT for any vid in which the DLC battle against Snow in FFXIII-2 shows Snow using his 200% Energy attack. Stone is showed at about 0:23 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQ4mE0TBEw
Split Holy into the Light spell series, which works just like and is just as strong as the other elemental spell series. The animation that you saw in the WTMG vid is for Lightga, with the lesser spells just being smaller versions of that.
All of the elemental spell series (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Stone, Water, Aero, Light, and Dark) operate on the same power factors, radii, and everything, except with the Light and Dark series being a tad stronger and a tad more costly.
Lock Curaja until Lv7, and subtract Renew. Curaja is already way more than strong enough; Renew would be just for getting through loopholes.
For every "Cure," make it follow this format and add the other spells: Cure = multi-target, small HE healing for a group. Heal = equivalent to Cure, thus same cost, but specific for single-target. The more focused version confers slightly greater healing (On the Summon Magic scale, Heal/Mend have 6 power, while Cure/Medicate have 5.), but has no area effect. Medicate is the tissue damage equivalent of Cure, and Mend is the tissue damage equivalent of Heal. They are all light-elemental.
Similarly, add Organize, the animation of which is just like that of Regen, but from the midsection upward and downward simultaneously, rather than the feet to the head. Its cost is equal to Regen, and its effect is listed below.
Replace Raise and Arise with Life and Full-Life, which both work on unconscious, not dead, targets. Also, Life doesn't restore 40%. It only restores 10%, so it's easily possible to one-shot someone as soon as they get up from Life. Finally, Full-Life is locked until Lv7, and it's also a single-target spell.
Subtract Dispelga and Esunaga. Refer to the spell format at the top: Only the "b" subset is used for non-damaging spells.
Add the Protect and Shell spells.
Add Wall. Wall is quite costly, but is basically FeyProtect and FeyShell at the same time. It doesn't follow the format, obviously.
Add the Nulspell series (Nulblaze, NulFrost, Nulshock, Nultide, Nulquake, Nulgale, Nulshine, and Nulshade) at Lv5. The next attack of the same element is negated (in damage only; secondary effects can still be applied), then the orb disappears. The cost is moderate. They're single-target and don't operate on the format.
Add the Barspell series (Barfire, Barblizzard, Barthunder, and so on, each with the same costs as the Nulspells), which give the target a faint glow of the respective color. This glow lasts until the person takes three hits of the respective element. Each of those hits deal halved damage (which stacks multiplicatively with other factors). These are unlocked at Lv4, single-target, and not on the format.
As far as Black Magic, add the Poison and Toxify spells (not on the format; Toxify is effectively Greatpoison), and add a 25% chance of inflicting the "Poison" status to the Scourge spell, determined by a 4 on a 4-sided die. Toxify deals no damage and has a 50% poison chance (2 on a 2-sided die). Poison is single-target and has the same 25% chance. Bio is a weaker, less costly Scourge with a 12.5% chance (8 on an 8-sided die) of inflicting Poison. Scourge and Bio also have the same chances of inflicting Sap. Scourge and Bio are not on the format; Scourge is basically GreatBioga with doubled ailment chances and lots of cost.
Reduce the accuracy of Confuse spells by extending their casting lengths a tad. Shorten the duration to 15 seconds, and allow people to snap-to after taking any damage, not just physical.
Change the duration of Vanish to 35 seconds. Also, the spells now mask one's scent and sound in the same way as one's image.
Add Osmose, which has a compromised mana cost of Drain and Syphon and works as half of each at once. All three spells have the same animation.

The following spells are also available through Arcanism and don't follow the format:
Astra (appearance: large, blue crystals rise at target's/targets' position(s), then break; Force looks the same as this, but pink): This has a relatively low mana cost and confers one-time status protection to targets within a 5-meter radius. This means that Noah can have the "Astra" status on himself, then you try to blind him, and Astra takes the hit. He no longer has the Astra status, but he's also not blinded. If more than one ailments are tried on him from the same attack at once, the whole deal is negated. If multiple ailment-inflicting attacks hit him simultaneously, I'll just pick one at random to negate.
Rasp (animation: small, purple-pink orb flies up around target(s) rapidly, leaving after-images, then the throat(s) of the target(s) become raspy for a bit): This spell costs very little mana and deals magical damage to MA. That means that, presuming that Noah can hit the enemy a bunch of times with this, he can eventually empty an enemy's mana pool (averagely after 8+ casts) and still have a ton of his own to spend. However, this is almost completely useless, as Syphon (even though it's toned down from FFXII by a lot) can deal almost 3/4ths as much AND give the mana to Noah.

The last major part of Arcanism is the Mystic Arts, which don't follow the format. Refer to these vids (starting with ability 6 of the first vid, all are in order up to 9 in the second vid, but you must skip 9 and 10 of the first vid) for animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZamLqVXkGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvM52EFGdIk
As you can see, their animations give quite a bit of warning before the hits occur. Slow some animations down so that they're all a bit longer than Induration. This explains the reduced accuracy of all of these.
Umbra and Repose work in 2-meter horizontal and 1-meter vertical radii, Hesitation works in a 2-meter horizontal radius with only a 1/3rd-meter vertical radius, and all the others are single-target.

Umbra: blinds with darkness
Invigoration: drains, but with a bit less power than Drain (despite having the same cost); also has a piercing property, allowing it to surpass "Reflect" and similar effects
Empowerment: drains mana, but with a bit less power than Syphon (despite having the same cost); also has a piercing property, allowing it to surpass "Reflect" and similar effects
Corruption: turns targets Undead** for remainder of battle (or a full day if cast outside battle; the spell somehow “knows” whether we're in conflict or not)
Quiescence: silences target's speech (honks, barks, growls, mewls, meows, roars, whatever) for 5 minutes
Fervor: inflicts "Berserk"; somewhat higher cost than the Arcanism Berserk, but longer duration (1.5 minutes, as opposed to one minute)
Trepidation: strikes fear into the target, temporarily reducing mental stamina, hopefully resulting in cowering or fleeing (ignores stats; just inflicts a moderate, flat-rate decrease of MS for ~35s)
Delirium: inflicts "Confusion"; higher cost than the Arcanism Confuse, but longer duration (25 seconds, as opposed to 15)
Harmony: dispels beneficial effects; lower cost than Dispel to compensate for accuracy drop
Hesitation: inflicts "Disable"; slightly less costly and less accurate than the Time Magic Disable
Repose: inflicts "Sleep" for one minute (unless the victim is woken by damage; simple nudges won't cut it, but the slightest cut will)
Induration: inflicts "Petrify" status

Cost Chart for Unspecified Mystic Arts (same scale as Summon Magic):
Umbra = 4
Corruption = 20
Quiescence = 12
Fervor = 16
Trepidation = 20
Repose = 24
Induration = 18

Reference for Otherwise Unclarified Abilities
Reflect: Spells bounce back to the caster from the subject. Spells do not necessarily have to be shot; if they spell targets an area and generates in that area, like Noah's spells, they re-target to the area of the caster.
Regen (REE-gen): One's HE regenerates over time. It lasts one minute by default. The rate is rather slow, proportional, and equal to Sap (approx. 1/32 of maximum HE per 3s). If one is inflicted with Sap and Regen, they operate at the same rate, so it's like neither of them are there until one wears off.
Organize: One's tissue health regenerates over time. It lasts one minute by default. The rate is equal to Regen.
Protect: Physical damage to the subject is halved.
Shell: It's the magical version of Protect. They both last 2 minutes by default.
Poison: Every three seconds, a small chunk of the victim's HE is lost, equal to 1/32 of the unit's MAXHE.
Sap: HE is constantly lost. It works at the same rate as Poison, the main difference being that Poison works in chunks over time intervals, while this is just a constant drop. Its default duration is one minute.
Petrify: One's body begins to exhume an earthy smoke. At first, this does nothing. After 3 minutes without being remedied, Stone is inflicted. If the victim is stopped in time, Petrify is removed, and Petrify can't be inflicted on someone who has been stopped in time.
Stone: One's body is completely turned to stone, save vital organs. The only escape would be a case in which someone would come along and cast Stona, Esuna, or a similar spell, elsewise use an item. One is completely immobile and inactive. However, one also can't be targeted by anything but remedial spells/items.
Confusion: One's mind is distorted, causing one to confuse friend with foe, thereby attacking friends and helping foes. It takes a lot of mental stamina to resist this, and the higher the caster's MAG, the higher the victim's MS has to be. Taking damage will make the victim snap-to.
Berserk: One's attack speed and STR are multiplied by 1.25, but one can only launch normal, physical attacks, and does so uncontrollably. One also obtains a cool, red aura with a faint, black glow. This negates Confusion; Confusion can't be inflicted while Berserk, and Confusion is removed if Berserk is inflicted.
Lure: The default duration is two minutes. When presented the opportunity to attack the Lure-bearer or an ally of the Lure-bearer, an enemy will be naturally inclined to attack the person with Lure. Its effectiveness varies inversely with enemies' MS, of course, but it's of a high enough magnitude to work on most monsters and a great deal of people, too.
Vanish: One becomes invisible, footsteps become hushed (though not necessarily completely silent, if they're heavy without this), and one emits no scent.
Undead: **This is the "Undead" status that is inflicted by the Corruption spell and some other things.
Benefits-
  • absorption to dark-elemental damage
  • if left to die after losing consciousness, at the point in time at which death may occur, subject has a random chance (We'll roll a 2-sided die on the old site, and, if you get a 1, you're good.) to automatically revive with a random (We'll use a 10-sided die.) percentage that is divisible by 10% of his/her health (If revived this way, the subject will always have 10, 20, 30, et cetera % of its maximum HE to go from, never anything else.)

Detriments-
  • weakness to light-elemental damage, including light-LMNTal healing (converts to enhanced damage; numerically speaking, one could say that "Heal", which would grant, say, 100 HE, would instead take 200. I realize that the site has no numeric backing, but this is for the sake of relating the concept. Oh, and a light-based effect that would fully heal you would fully knock you out, of course, so Life and Full-Life are good for taking down Undead, not reviving them), with exceptions such as "Regen", in which case the subject is immune to the beneficial spell (If Noah casts Corruption and Regen on you, Regen is overridden. Same goes for Organize.)
  • weakness to fire-LMNT, including fire-LMNTal healing
  • subject to Necromancy, obviously
  • can be outright destroyed without a trace by some abilities, such as "Burial" (ability that some archers have, allowing them to blow apart and bury the molecules of one's body without any chance of revitalization, if the hit is successful)

This undeath confers no immunity to phy damage or regenerative properties (As I said before, it actually makes you unable to receive normal properties of regeneration.), and you can actually die. If your limbs are taken, you can't simply stick them back on like in the movies. You have to actually have a method to put them back on, just as though they were normally living. Of course, unlike the normally living, you'd not be able to use a light-based fix like Mend. You have to use some other magic or other methods to repair yourself. It's not the kind of earth-walking death that you're used to; it's just a special resemblance of it.

Point of clarification: Whenever these spells target a unit or area, the unit(s) are automatically given a slight mental nudge that indicates that they are being targeted. This occurs a small fraction of a second before the spells start, and effects aren't applied until partway through/at the end of durations, so none of these spells are autohits unless cutscene abilities. They're not terribly inaccurate, but they're not impossible, either.

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 am

-words burn onto page, everything explodes-

Updated. o.o

Ahem. I clarified a lot of things. A LOT. I explained a bunch of things that I figured that more than one person would understand. I gave a "full" list of the spells and summons that I'll learn just by Levels and a little training, no major storyline stuff. Of course, I didn't give all my plans away. I fixed... three typos, I believe, and I came up with some more summons. Awaiting approval, now. Um, hello? ... No heart attacks allowed. It's against the rules. Paragraph 7,342,523,458,964,315, section Q. You can get up, now. Erm... Someone call a doctor, please. o.o

EDIT: I forgot to add the Barspells and Nulspells, before, as well as the Stone spell series. I put them in, and I found Quake to be somewhat redundant, so it took it out.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 5
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Approved.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:16 am

Fixed. Fixed it all. The main list, the stats, and the expansive list are done. I'll make a separate post for the spells that Noah has at his current level once I'm not pressed for time. Have fun, readers. ;3

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 am

The spells list includes spells that Noah doesn't presently have, but will recall as his Level rises. The following is a list of spells that he has current access to:

Summon Magic-
Unicorn, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Golem, Bahamut

Terramancy-
all Geomancy spells
Slow, Haste, Float, and Gravity
Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Stone, Water, and Aero

Arcanism-
Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Stone, Water, Aero, second spell level of those spells (FeySpells or Spellras can be cast.), and Poison
Heal, Mend, Cure, Medicate, Light second spell level of those spells (FeySpells or Spellras can be cast.), Blindna, Vox, Poisona, Stona, and Cleanse (which deals specifically with diseases like what some of Leilani's stuff inflicts, but nothing too impressive)
Umbra, Quiescence, Invigoration, Empowerment, and Trepidation
Dark, second spell level of that, Gravity, Confuse, Drain, Syphon, Vanish, Berserk, Decoy, and Rasp

By the way, Noah has a 40% failure rate for Decoy and spells that inflict Berserk, presently; a five-sided die is rolled, and results of 1 or 2 cause random failures. I didn't say that before because I wasn't sure whether I was going to add it or not, but I have decided to do so, then reduce the failure rates with Levels.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Posts in topic: 4
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

1. Phantoms with projectiles need some sort of hienous draw back, since this makes it much more difficult to hit them (which partially negates thier drawback).
2. Aeons should come with a constant mana drain. Not enough to fuck you, but enough to at least cancel out your MPregen ubtill you reach a higher level.
3. Terramancy and geomancy needs to be high cost. Altering the field would require huge amounts of enegy to put it simply. Also, nature's wrath needs to have a cost that grows as the distance in which it is taking effect grows (it needs some sort of cost, and this would justify why you don't let it activate).
4. Necromancy means you must lower your degree of control in porportion to the ammount of dead you raise.
5. Trans summon is just a bit much for you to start with. It's basically a massive rechargable dummy shield.
6. Also, in my oppinion acrobatic abillity (jump for lack of a better term) is logically a combination of speed and STR. You must use STR to propel yourself when jumping, it's just a fact. While Noah's stats are fair, I think this means his jump is not as good as you were think (though slightly augmented by his jump +1), since his spped is only "negligably above average" and his str is "well below". All things considered, (including J+1) his jumping abillity should only be average.

That's my two cents for some approval.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

1) Others have projectiles. A phantom with a projectile is only a bit harder to access than a close-range one if you rely on close combat, and no problem at all as long as you have any projectile at all. I can't think of a single char that has no projectiles whatsoever. You gotta' remember that, while projectiles make them really great in FE: TSS, chars on Sein are not limited to equipping one weapon for a full "turn." If it makes you feel better, there's the general pattern that projectile weaps are not as strong as close-range weaps and are heavier. While the phantoms tend to be strong enough that a steel sword doesn't weigh them down, a big bow or gun can often reduce their SPD.
2) You should probably head over to my allies thread and check out my Aeon stuff in conjunction with this. I already gave myself a bunch of drawbacks: Valefor is actually quite a bit statistically weaker than Noah (infinite PS, but no MS or CH), Noah can only perform normal, phy attacks (hence the stat deficiency), Valefor takes twelve Houcm days to recharge, and they have limited movepools. In fact, pretty much my only benefit is that I get an ally to hopefully draw single-target attacks (but area effects can still get me, 'cause this is Sein, not FFX) and I lock myself into a small collection of pretty good moves. The fact that I'm regaining MA during this time doesn't really mean much; I'm still under fire, so it's not like this is a safety shield.
3) Geomancy already has its MA cost only barely under its power factor, and it's only a bit more efficient if I am dumb enough to waste Terraflow on it. Have you played some FFT: The War of the Lions? Geomancy is pretty weak, especially when your STR is low, and I took out the best factors of it (high accuracy in stead of autohit, low cost in stead of no cost). Terramancy, like most things, has costs that vary directly with how much you do. "Of course, the greater the feat, the higher the cost of Terraflow, though one's proficiency in Terramancy also improves one's cost efficiency." It follows logic. Its main problem is that, as I have established, Terraflow is a pretty limited energy pool. As far as any other notes about cost efficiency, it basically goes that using it for standard elemental manipulations is pretty efficient, but anything special (converting land types, summoning land to me) is pretty fucking costly.
Oh, right. I spoke of Nature's Wrath's detriments in its original description. Again, Geomancy is weak. It has no cost, but the compulsory arm movement that I need to activate it can often fuck me over so badly that it's very rarely a good idea to let it activate at all. Characters are allowed to have some little, cost-free benefits under certain circumstances. Choh, for instance, gets itty-bitty stat boosts for mere seconds after being hit, allowing her to slightly empower counterattacks. Noah has a weak, super-ranged counterattack that can fuck him over so badly that he doesn't often use it. To put this into perspective, Noah is often using his hands to hang onto his Aeon that is flying him around. If his arms go up, his body goes down. If he's in a tree, he'll probably end up punching an overhead branch and falling off the branch that he's standing on. What if the enemy absorbs or nullifies the element that the spell would be? Remember that Geomancy limits what spell you can cast to where you're standing, so that means that it would wind up as a fire spell against a fire guy, often enough. There are seriously so many practical downsides to Nature's Wrath that it almost may as well not be there.
4) Aye. It kinda' goes without saying that splitting up your control is, in fact, splitting it up, not multiplying it. Noah can hardly get one body to dig its way up on its own, as it is, so there's certainly no problem with what you're saying.
5) How so? When someone is fused, they are still them. They act on their own accord, so I can't just use this to take over some random NPC ('specially since I need to draw an alchemy circle on their back. . .), and hits to them take away their own health. I basically just change their moveset, give them an elemental absorption, and make them immune to ailments that people shouldn't totally rely on, in the first place. Plus, if I were to, say, cast Leviathan on you to fuse you two together, I still have to pay the hefty cost of summoning Leviathan. It's all really cool, handy, and generally good for handling one-trick horses (like, I dunno', some bombs or something), but it's not as powerful as it sounds.
6) The pattern is basically that STR is offense and SPD is movement, and the laws of physics on Sein give us some more flexibility to mix them than real world physics (not that it lets us totally fuck logic). Simply said, Sein has a property that makes my leg muscles apply to kicking separately to running/jumping, so the latter is more like 99.99% SPD. I think that I mentioned this before, but it was in a thread that got deleted because it was with someone who left.

Does that clear things up?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 pm

1. Fair enough since that spd lowering would negatively effect both thier speed and accuracy.
2. Fair enough. Read this before allies. Still think they shouldn't stay untill defeated or dismissed, but only untill the end of battle then.
3. Still, terramancy in particular needs to be high cost I maintain. The fact that it can be used as a crutch for so many of Noah's shortcamings means it must be especially costly. Furthermore, as I stated in equipment, Noah's fair there because he has no real options for defending well against a phys char. To make it so he has another counter option once his one shity one fails (which is why it is fair) is ok, but it needs to have a cost still. I'm not even saying a big one just one porportionate to range.
4. Ok, just making sure that is clear for everyone.
5. It's not the problem of other people it's the problem of Noah doing it to himself. Basically, for Noah to be fair, he must have terrible physical attributes including defense. For him to just draw a circle, and then turn into Valefor when Oshgosh was just beating his face in would be an unfair advantage. One, he is no longer limited by his shity combat def, and two he can now simply fly out of reach. Leviathan is an even bigger example of what I mean. Assume Noah is fighting Oshgosh once more in an aquatic setting, and assumes (rationally) that he is at the advantage because of swim. Then he finds out that Oshgosh is aquatic by nature and loses said advantage. This would be logical and fair, but if he could once again, simply draw a circle around himself and turn into leviathin this once again becomes un fair. Basically, I have little problem with him doing it to other (willing) chars and allies, but to himself, there must be some seirious level restrictions for this to fly with me.
6. Still, that doesn't really make sense. I can even say fine to his acrobatic elements (such as what he does once jumping, how and what he jumps off of, etc.) being based on speed since it is all based on timing. Jump distance however, it purely a str feature in my oppinion too, and that makes sense.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

2) Why wouldn't Noah dismiss them at the end of a battle? Oh, okay, to use the fliers as easy transportation. I guess, but he'd be endangering his Aeons just to save some travel time. That would be pretty reckless of him.
3) I'm not following. Terramancy's cost is proportional to what you do. It's a limited-as-fuck energy pool. It's already kinda' gimped. Why do I need to make it disgustingly inefficient? Characters are not to be punished for versatility. There is a clear difference between Noah being able to manipulate multiple elements and, say, Erik having a hammer that disregards Erik's shitty MAG and just godhacks lots of magic around. I very explicitly designed the rules to allow versatility as long as it's fair. There is nothing that is individually unfair about Terramancy. Combining it with other abilities (i.e. sending summons after enemies while I try to hide around with platforming skills) is skill, not unfairness. Anyone with a big area attack can negate my elevation advantages. Lots of magic targets any elevation as long as you're within the right horizontal range. Physical chars can often platform as well or better than Noah, even though he's the one who is using the energy to make the platforming challenges. I don't see what's so unreasonable about this.
If I give Nature's Wrath a cost, there would literally be no point in ever letting it activate at all. Its only advantages are that it doesn't have a range issue and doesn't have a cost; it's weak and usually detrimental to me. I have plenty of practical drawbacks to it. I don't see why I should make it totally shittastic.
5) In the time that it takes Noah to draw said alchemy circle and use it this way, Osgosh would already have Noah's face bashed in. If I employ enough effects strategically enough that I do actually maange to pull it off, it's not like turning into Valefor gives me a full heal. I just turn into Valefor. Take a look at her, and you'll notice that her DEF is rather sub-par, too, so I would turn into Valefor just in time for you to finish me with one or two more hits, quite likely. One sec; let me look at Osgosh's STR again. -mumblemumbles- Yeah, Osgosh can already two- or three-shot Noah if Noah doesn't do anything about it. If I out-platform you to give myself a chance to buff myself up enough that it takes about seven hits, you're still likely to get at least one or two of those hits in the process, and me stopping to transform is going to give you all the time in the world. If I do manage to pull it off and get out of range, that just means that you need some strategy, too.
As for Leviathan in an aquatic setting, I'd probably be fucked worse. Like you said, Osgosh rapes enemies in the water, so I would get no chance. If I did, I'd be so close to KO that you'd just have to land one, maybe two more hits. It's not like all of your attacks are water-elemental. In fact, none of Osgosh's are. Remember that fusing with these guys doesn't make me godhackitty strong like summons in FFs; they've been toned down for ALL of my abilities.
6) I don't know what to tell you. Sein has a law of physics that makes acrobatic capacity really easy to calculate and account for. I don't see a reason to change it, especially given the fact that jumping capacity is usually no big deal.

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

2. So just make them dissapate end fight.
3. Because what's to stop you from using terramancy as a shield? Or an instantaneous pitfall? Also, I can let Nature's Wrath slide in that case, as long as it doesn't offer any flinch factor.
5. If I understand you right, you are saying effectually that you a.) have a huge delay in using it, and b.) once fused you are stuck with the numerical amount of health you had, and not a porportional percentage.
And even then, that's still a bit much and you'd need some steep costs for the resistance increase.
6. It is a big deal in this case, since most of your defenses seem to involve platforming. And I'd change it because it doesn't make sense.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:27 pm

2) That's exactly what Noah always does.
3) If I want to cause the earth to move immediately, whether to make a wall that people can go around or bash through, to make a pitfall that will trap me as much as get me out of one hit, or whatever else, that will obviously cost more than doing it slowly. What IS to stop me from using it as a shield? Think of it like this: How much does it cost Osgosh to raise a shield? Just a bit of PS, and it's fast, right? I have to spend quite a bit of Terraflow just to give me a partition to duck behind, if I want it quickly, and I still have to spend a decent amount if I want to let it build steadily. If I recklessly sink large costs into an ability, I should get proportional results, assuming that I did so at the right time. There is no reason to empty loads of energy just to do something that phy chars can do for almost free.
5) I have to draw an alchemy circle that's big enough (It was the size of Kudichi's back, before, so doing this with someone else means enough time and cooperation, and doing this with myself means staying in one spot long enough to draw this and then still stay in it to actually use it.), focus my alchemy skill, and maintain focus on it while casting a summon. While the summons don't have charge times a la FFT:TWotL, there is an execution time for the transformation to take place, and it's not a cutscene ability. The huge tax on MS is no problem for Noah, but the massive-fuck delays are killer. It's just short of a miracle for Noah to get the chance to use this at all.
Yes. I thought that I had mentioned this before, but evidently not: Any parameter changes as a result of Transummon only change maximums, not current. My bad.
What resistance increase? My RES goes down for Valefor. 70% of AVG is <<<<<< "far above AVG".
6) It doesn't make sense by real world physics. This is a whole new dimension. Physics can work differently. It makes things simple. There is no reason to complicate it just for the sake of toning Noah down artificially. Noah can jump around a bit. He can use this with his abilities to hopefully evade more than one attack per fight. Is it THAT big of a deal?

If I tone down my Terramancy to make it useless, make my jumping ability nothing special, and whatever else, what defenses do I have? Noah will literally show up, cast one or two spells, and get KOd in every fight if he is not allowed to get out of the way of enemy attacks. I just told you Noah's strategy for dealing with physical attacks. If you take away half of my options, especially since the only status effect that I have going for me is Golem: Earthen Wall, what's to stop a physical char from raping me? I have basic evasion (and most phy chars are either faster than me or have autohits), Golem, and nothing. Why is there a problem with having decent evasion and spending my limited energy to shield myself once in a while?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 pm

3. You should edit in something to clarify that casting speed affects cost then.
5. Ok. That was not even remotely clear. You should go back and specify instead of having all the abiguous, "this is expierimental" jive.
6. No, but that isn't fair to chars who have high strength. I'm saying both are equaly important to "jump" in thier own way. I even said that Noah's better part of jumping would be the evasive part, but that it's kind of bullshit to have such a low str char able to jump great distances.

I think the main part of this is that as you yourself repeatedly put it, "I'm making things sound better than they are."
You need to go back and make accurate the places where you're putting that because almost invarriably, these things sound pretty unfair the way you describe them.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 am

3) That's an assumed property of anything that has a cost-magnitude variation. If you want a bigger, hotter, faster fireball and you want it now, it's more expensive than the small, less hot, slower fireball that you generate over a little while. That's just how things work.
5) Cut me some slack. Noah literally performed this once on Esc before getting remodeled for Sein. There wasn't much practical application for me to go on. It makes sense that Noah has that "this is experimental" jive, 'cause he hasn't even tried anything more than turning Kudichi into Leviath-Kudichi. He also knows that she's a transformation bitch, so he's not even sure if that had any effect on how it works. (It doesn't, for the record, but my point is that this is written from Noah's perspective, and the ability is new to him.)
6) How is that not fair to chars with high STR? If you have high STR, you deal high damage with your phy attacks. If you have high SPD, you are highly mobile. If anything, it's unfair for high-STR chars to expect a double-yield from their advantage and require high-SPD chars to fit the same "high STR, high SPD" archetype that everyone and their mother uses if they want to actually be mobile. What you are suggesting is to gimp mobile chars and make strong chars more mobile for no reason.
How is it unfair to have a mobile mage? We aren't limited to ye olde archetypes of mages all being physically worthless and slow. My stats balance out. There is no reason to gimp me. It's not like I'm looking at "negligibly above average" and "Jump +1" and saying, "I can jump from here to the Umbral Island!" Noah has a very small jumping advantage. Why shouldn't he?

That's just because Noah likes to express the finer points of abilities, then explain the detriments that make it fair. It's sorta' a high risk, high reward situation. It's written this way to show people that high magnitudes in abilities are fair as long as you give decent drawbacks, unlike on, for instance, Esc, where you either have a brutally overpowered ability with no drawbacks or you have something that's totally useless.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Abilities”