The Undying Masterpiece(WIP)

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Posts in topic: 9
Guild:

The Undying Masterpiece(WIP)

Post by 047 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Note: I'll be using both(numbers and words stat) for my Character's statistic. Oh, and 50 equals to average.
HE/Health Energy: Above average / 60
MA/Magical Energy: Way below average / 30
PS/Physical Stamina: Way above average / 83
MS/Mental Stamina: Above average / 64

STR/Strength: Average / 50
DEF/Defense: Above average / 62
SPD/Speed: Way above average / 80
MG/Magic: Way below average / 31
MG.R/Magic Resistance: Below average / 40

==================================================================================================================================
Important Information!
> 047 uses his PS differently from most characters but similarly to MA. His PS has been improved using spells to create the 'Unbegrenzte Zelle'(means 'Unlimited Cell' in German.), to get that Way Above Average PS. So basically, he can use his PS for kinetic/physical energy and as well used for spells.

> 047's a cyborg and called by Father, 'Masterpiece', aaaaand I hate my old self. He made me cringe.

> 047's Hume name is Ren Obee. His dad named Father because that's what his memories told him.
Passive Abilites:
Familiar Equipment : 047 could use many kinds of weapons such as Sword, knife, bow, gun, pretty much every weaponry he could get his hands on even the one from different eras. He was programmed to be naturally proficient with all sorts of weaponry. Legend says that he can wield a sword, between his big toe and long toe and fight efficiently with it.

Martial Arts: 047 was programmed to have mastered all modern and traditional martial arts known to Human race. He usually fight using varieties of arts together at the same time.

Natural Recover: 047 has a doubled MA recovery rate and his tissue damage recovery rate is increased to slightly faster than average characters usually recovers.

One With Surrounding: 047's whole body are covered with his overflowing Energy(called 'Unbegrenzte Zelle'. There's reason I said it's overflowing, I'll tell you guys later in the comment or in Equipment section.), that reflect a bit of sunlight, making him 15% less visible with naked eyes. This ability also prevent Search-based spells from working if 047 is 14 meters radius away from an enemy who's using it. This ability won't work if 047's energy is below 95% from his, in his case, original PS.

Gravity Fluids: or something that it should be called, is the ability that enable him to travels in extreme G-forces without knocking him or his internal organs out as long as he knows he's gonna go for it. It reduced the G-forces trauma by 90% around the head and 75% for the rest of his body. Zero gravity still affect him the same way as human being and enemies' physical attacks is excluded from being affected by this ability.

Enter Anonymous: 047 can easily change his appearances into anything he wanted to, re-sculpting his face by being in 'Amorphanium Armor'(I'll explain this later in the comment or the Equipment section.). This ability takes full five seconds to change into Amorphanium form, three seconds to re-sculpt and another three seconds for transforming to normal. This ability also prevent his enemies from knowing basic information about 047 like weakneses(It will show something like 'error' and even if the enemy is strong enough to get the information they need, it'd be a fake, logically random one, if possible. ;D).
Perfect Maneuverability Abilities:
>Air Walks
Cost: 2% energy more from how much he consumed when moving
047 can literally walks, run, sprint, even dancing, anywhere in the air the way he wanted to. If he want to go higher, it'd be like he's moving up through stairs or something. He can't stand still on the air though, he need to keep moving to keep him on air.
Cooldown: None

>Air-step Move:
Cost: 4% energy per moves
047 can instantaneously compress air beneath his feet and control it to push off his feet and zips 7 meters away towards any directions he wanted, depends on his charges for each jumps, which is three times at a time.
Cooldown: 3 second for each charges

*Taking rest because it's late now. :c *
Note#3:The percentage of the Cost is based on the originals parameters.
047's Abilities:
>Night Vision, Infrared Vision and Sonar Vision Mode:
Cost: None for each modes.
These mode enhanced 047's visual acuity for as long as he can keep staring(I'm telling you, this guy's good at staring contest.), the mode will disable once he blinked. He could see in the dark/cloudy conditions. He also could detect invisibles objects/opponents with Infrared/Sonar vision. This mode can be used with other modes.
Cooldown: Half a second

>Armored Mode:
Cost: 3% PS energy
047's skin color changed slightly to grey and focused on his body's defenses. This will increased the user's DEF and RES by 35% but also decreasing it's SPD and STR by 35%. He still could take damage and eventually(when his HE hits 7%), this mode will automatically disabled and go for Instant Mode instead. This mode cannot be stopped upon activation and will deactivated automatically after 7 seconds. 047 can't use this Mode with other modes within the time limits.
Cooldown: 7 seconds

>Instant Mode(L.B.A):
Cost: 3% PS energy
Condition: The user must use Armored Mode
This mode can ONLY used when 047's HE hit 7% with one condition, he must also use Armored Mode at a same time(before the Instant Mode to enable). 047 won't take any damage in 4 seconds and give him the opportunity to run/escape from enemies attacks. This mode cannot be used with other modes. This mode was his Last Breath Action which can only being activated once per battle.
Cooldown: Once per battle

>Berserk Mode:
Cost: 15% energy
The user releases red auras around it. This mode enabled the user to deal twice of the original damage with increased attack speed by 7%. However, the user also received twice damage to itself. This mode will automatically deactivated after 30 seconds(this mode apparently will warned the user when the limited times has hit 20 seconds). This mode also cannot be used upon the others mode's activation and can't be stopped once activated.

>Constant Regeneration Mode:
Cost: 4% mana per seconds
047 emits some turquoise light on his back. This mode heals 10% of his original HE and 4% of his tissue damage per second. This mode requires 047 to hold completely still; if he dodges, blocks, or is struck so that he has to flinch or be knocked back, it is cancelled.
Cooldown: 2 seconds

>Variable Regeneration Mode V1 and V2:
Cost: 7% mana
Duration: 21 seconds
This mode heals 10% of his original HE and 4% of his tissue damage per second if he hold completely still but he can toggle it to other version of this mode that will allows him to move and heals only 5% of his original HE and 2% of his tissue damage per second. He can change the version anytime in that 21 seconds period but can't use other Regeneration mode.
Cooldown: 4 seconds

>Trans-Movement Mode:
Cost: 4% energy 35% mental
Duration: 7 seconds
The user emits red light behind its body. This mode increases the user's agility by 35%. Though the ability can be reactivated in 7 seconds, there is a 14-second period in which the user's MS recovers much more slowly than usual.

>Brainwaved-code:
Cost: None
047 detected the thing by this code. It specially created for the Super-hume(androids/cyborg/whatever you want to called them) to connect or simply called as telepathy to each others, to know exact locations of others, to identify friendly or foe. Each of Ranobi's clones have a different kind of code.
Last edited by 047 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 32 times in total.
I'm nothing but an expressionless psycho killing-machine kids that will take your life! Muahaha-- naw, I'm just kidding.

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

I Can't Cry nor Laugh Anymore.
phpBB [media]

Noah Ivaldi
Posts in topic: 2
Money: $410
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=696
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 pm

I find it interesting that you chose to express your stats and parameters in both relative terms and numbers. More interesting still is the fact that you made them pretty well; I would call your MS "noticeably above average" and your RES "noticeably below average," but, other than that, the terms pretty well match the numbers.
However, there is an issue. With 50 as the average, your stats and parameters should meet a total of 500. They are at 515, right now, so you need to slightly tone yourself down. That's pretty close for a first try, though! Nice job.

The "android" part is something that I thought to ask about earlier, but I wanted to wait until I saw your ability list to see if there was some other clarification. You see, usually, an android is a robot that is made to look and behave like a human, though it's totally robotic; it may have a little bit of DNA for it to interpret and form its appearance and voice or something, but it's pretty much just a human-like robot, whereas a cyborg is part-human and part-robot.
With the context of what I have read, it seems to me that your character should be called a cyborg, not an android. If you meant for him to be something else, please explain further, and we'll see how we can phrase it.

That being said, I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the PS. If it's totally a robot (android), it has infinite PS (unless you, say, run on the energy that is given from some magical gem that has limits like the rest of us), which means that your stats and parameters have to be reconfigured. If it's a cyborg, it has its hume limits increased by the assistance of its robotic parts, which makes the PS fine, so you don't need that first paragraph at all. Remember: Our "average" is really way above average to a regular person like you or me. With your PS as "way above average/83," that means that you can already move around and fight for more than a full day and night without resting, and Houcm days and nights are longer than Earth's, if you recall.
Shortly put, you can either be an android and have infinite PS because, duh, you're a robot and work on some other energy, you can be an android and work off some other energy that works like PS and thus fills in that same parameter, or you can be a cyborg, which is easier to make sense of and just take out any unnecessary text about it, like that first paragraph. Every action requires energy; that's a fundamental law of physics, so you have to spend some kind of energy for everything that you do.

Explain this "Searching Mode." Is it just infrared vision? Is there also X-ray, sonar, or anything else? If it's just infrared vision, that's all that you have to say for it.

When you activate Berserk Mode, there should be a bigger drawback. Look at it this way: My DPS against you is multiplied by 2, which isn't relevant if I'm trying to set something up over time and you can KO me long before I stand a chance. Your DPS against me is multiplied by 2.3 (Your damage per second, DPS, is determined by your attack power multiplied by your speed. If your speed gets a 15% boost, but your power is doubled, that's a 30% boost in addition to the double power.), meaning that you can take me down very, very quickly and very, very easily. In addition, what's to stop you from just deactivating Berserk Mode when you see an attack coming, thereby making yourself take normal damage? You didn't specify that it has a set duration.
Even without any weapons or other abilities to help you, this is how I see this going:
Noah scanned his adversary with his Study ability, then cast Haste and Protect in preparation. He terramanced the ground that he was on to tilt back and sink slightly.

047 went berserk, jumped forward to land on the sage, then tried to smash the living piss out of him with a series of nine straight punches, aiming downward at Noah's torso.

"Oh, fuck- Oh, God- Shit- Dude! What the-Okay! Bad!"

With his speed boosted by his time-meddling spell, Noah was able to parry a few of the blows, allowing him to stall for his Protect spell to kick in and halve further damage, though he didn't stop parrying to buy as much time as possible. In the process, he spent more Terraflow to send a spike of earth up into the groin of his assailant, hopefully deterring the onslaught. Sadly, Noah had spent much of his Terraflow in a recent battle, so he didn't have enough to do something more significant. The Heritor could clearly see that he wasn't going to get a chance to cast Golem: Earthen Wall, healing spells, or, well, much of anything to set up, so he determined that his only option was to hope that the opponent was also vulnerable and launch a powerful, costly attack in hopes of one-shotting him. In fact, if not for his extra speed and good parrying proficiency, he would already be done-for.

"Cyclops: Climactic Fear!"

As the area was scathed with cold, non-elemental magic, Noah held his staff up defensively and scurried backward, hoping that the flashy summon spell would be enough of a deterrent to get some distance and start a run-and-heal session.

047 looked up when he saw flashing lights appear above him, so he deactivated Berserk Mode and braced himself. He couldn't guard himself from the magic attack, but he took normal damage from it because he wasn't berserk, any more, so he was still conscious. He did take a lot of damage, since his resistance was low, but he had plenty of health to go berserk again, jump onto Noah again, and give another few punches, swinging around the staff, to finish Noah off.

Noah was promptly KOd by this shit, which was utter bullshit. Fuck this shit.
I mean, that's an entire battle . . . over in just two posts of you mindlessly pummeling me. Sure, you can say that that's because Noah is low in DEF and HE, so it only makes sense for him to go down more quickly than others, but not that quickly and that hopelessly, especially for no real cost aside from the PS that 047 spends. Choh can do that because that's what she's built to do, but, then, Noah can just as easily fry her ass with some fire summons, so they're evenly matched. Your Berserk Mode allows you to insta-win mindlessly and without risk, so it needs to be toned down.

I just about spat out my tea when I read Trans-Movement. You get to move at seven times your normal SPD for no reason? What the Hell? On a scale of 1 to "not okay," that is really not okay. That is a completely unfair speed, and there's no point in limiting its duration ("less than 15 seconds") if you can just use it as much as you want. I don't feel like I have to explain much about this because it should be obvious that doing as much as seven characters could do for no cost except PS, which is easy to recover by resting and eating, which you'd have plenty of time to do because you'd auto-win all your battles, hunt and forage a week's supply of food, accomplish whatever you wanted to do in a day, and be back at your residence in time for lunch, is way overpowered.

Scanning Mode is really weird, since it only works on mechanical objects. Care to explain?

Dynamic Movement Code is just a part of 047's AI, right? It's not really an ability. If you want to mention the fact that 047 was programmed to be very evasive in your bio, that's fine, but it's not relevant in the ability list.

Brainwave Code seems simple enough. Are we to assume that the "thing" is a female clone of Ranobi, then?

Weapon Expert Code doesn't need to be ineffective for "summoned weapons" or things that belong to other RPers. If you just state that 047 was programmed to be naturally proficient with all sorts of weaponry, that's fine.

This isn't a bad beginning, but it does need some content work before proofreading can take place. In addition to the clarifications and modifications that I mentioned, I strongly suggest adding more abilities for more versatility. As it is, all that 047 can really do is beat on people and . . . well, beat on them faster and harder than anything that is even remotely fair.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Updated!

Okay, I've changed my MS and RES and added "Noticeably" instead above/below average. I even have balanced the parameter's total(which is supposed to be 500) :D

Oh wait, about this android things. Well, I don't exactly know what I wanted my character to be(android/cyborg/robot etc.), but I want 047 to has Infinite PS. So, you told me to be Cyborg instead of Android and I'm okay with that but, I have to reconfigured my stats and parameters. I hope you could help me with that(because I'm pretty bad at balancing somethings). By the way, 047 really used Ranobi's DNA(to form it's appearance, and voices things.), but he also used some mechanical things like his internal core(which is bones/skeletons to be exact.).. So, I don't really know what to called it. :c

I've updated the Searching Mode. It has Infrared, Sonar, and Night vision.

I've updated the Berserk Mode too. Haha! I laughed so hard at the spoiler that you've shown to me, it's really funny! Hahaha-- okay, I'm sorry..

D: I'm so sorry about that Trans-Movement part. Okay how about this one? I can't really deleted that Mode/skill because.. I really want that skill, that's all.

The Scanning Mode! Hmm, actually I've been thinking to use this Mode to fight against mechanical opponents. This mode helps me to scan their entire body parts or structures and see their weak points. Or, is this skill is not allowed? D:

So I could use others RPer's weapons and summoned weapons too? Alright! :D

Thanks! and I'll try better to improved this. Oh, I've added some new Modes too. :D
I'm nothing but an expressionless psycho killing-machine kids that will take your life! Muahaha-- naw, I'm just kidding.

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tori Keheraht
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=390
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=389
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=387
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tori Keheraht » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

Good, good. Although we're running into a logic problem with the android status getting in the way of some parameters, you have done an excellent job of relativizing your stuff.

I see. Is the DNA structure the only human part, or are there more? If there are, how about you make things easy by writing out a list? From the sounds of it, what you have is, in fact, an android. Again, the definitions state that an android is a robotic entity (droid) that is made to resemble a human (an anthropomorphic entity), whereas a cyborg is an individual that is both cybernetic and organic. If the only human part is a strand of DNA that is analyzed to form some basic outlines (or maybe it was in the past, and that strand of DNA is not even currently inside this guy), it is clearly robotic and thus an android. If it is more mixed, that makes it a cyborg.
Anyway, the point of the list is this: How does your dudebro get his energy for doing things? Does he have a real, physical heart (not necessarily a human one) to pump blood throughout his system to carry energy-granting nutrients all over? Does he have a respiratory system (i.e. lungs, which also don't necessarily have to be human) to take in air, convert it with different air that is inside him, and exhale the resultant waste air so that he is left with more energy from the air particles as a result? Does he eat and/or drink, taking in all sorts of materials into his body to be squeezed and exposed to enzymes and acids so that the chemical processes break pieces apart to get energy from them before expelling the leftover waste (digestive system, again, not necessarily human)? If you have a hyena's digestive tract, a lungfish's lungs, and a pig's heart, those are all organic, so that would make you more of a cyborg . . . although many people would still consider you to be an android as long as you do not have a human brain . . . but, more importantly, the question is about how you get your energy.
Do you have a battery? Is it made of metals that conduct electricity, like most batteries in real life? Is it a gem that somehow magically produces electricity? Is it a gem that magically burns gasoline, and you have a conversion machine in you to turn that energy into electricity to power your body? Maybe (This next one requires quite a bit of scientific know-how and the ability to logically add fantasy science to consider and use, so don't feel bad if you don't want to think about it very much.) you don't even convert it to electricity at all, but channel it through your body in a different form.
Whatever the case, what needs to be stated in your stats and parameters is what energy source you work from in order to perform actions.
If your body is entirely or almost entirely robotic (and thus an android), you have no PS at all. You do not have a rating for physical stamina because you do not have the same kind of physical limitations, though oiling yourself and stuff like that is to be expected for some maintenance. However, you in stead have a different rating, which you can simply call "Battery" or whatever is appropriate for your energy source selection. This parameter would take the place of PS and thus be 83, assuming that you want to maintain the balance that you currently have. In stead of eating, drinking, and sleeping, you would restore your energy by plugging in, fueling up, or . . . doing whatever it is that you do, depending on what you specify your energy source to be. There's a lot of freedom to get creative with this, but you must understand that regular maintenance is a normal part of everything that moves, and the more actions it performs, the more maintenance it needs.

Unfortunately, there is another issue. As a cyborg, it can be difficult, but possible to make sense of having a chakra network. As an android, it takes a very intelligent, creative explanation. The easy thing to do is to just say that you don't have a chakra network for obvious reasons, and then take what you had in that parameter, which is 44, and put it into another stat(s) and/or parameter(s).

This article and this one may be of some use to you. Night vision, infrared vision (which is considered to be a kind of night vision, but we can assume that you are referring to the "image enhancement of low-frequency light and some high-frequency infrared" kind when you just say "night vision"), and sonar vision would all help to see someone in dark/cloudy conditions. Night vision would be ineffective against invisible subjects; at the very best, it would render them as loose blurs. Infrared vision would work on most invisible objects, unless those objects are also masking their heat signatures or are naturally cold. Sonar vision flat-out would work on invisible subjects, under normal conditions (as in, no "anti-sonar" magic in the area). All of this is basic electromagnetic radiation physics, which we should either learn in high school or research earlier, so you don't have to write it out. Quite seriously, you can just write, "047 has night vision, infrared vision, and sonar." You don't even have to call it a "scanning mode;" you can just write that sentence, and it's done. Managing sight options is really easy, here.

Armored Mode sounds pretty nice, but it runs into the same problem as Trans-Movement and Berserk Modes: You can activate and deactivate it whenever you want. You know that spoilered example that I wrote out for the Berserk Mode? It becomes even worse because you can just leave Berserk Mode, go into Armored Mode to take pathetically low damage, and then go right back to berserking to finish Noah off. That shit is shit. That shit is prime bullshit.
What I suggest for both Armored and Berserk Modes is this:
  • Tone down the multipliers. 70% is a ton. 100% is ridiculous. These kinds of extreme numbers make situations a lot more tense, less strategic, and less fun than they normally are, at least for a low-Level character. It's fine to boost things up a bit with upgrades ("training"), Level-Ups, and so on, but starting right off with such extremes seems to be a little silly and reckless. This is totally optional, but your character is much more likely to survive longer if you don't go so extreme right away.
  • Give each mode activation a cost. Make it spend part of your battery's energy to switch modes, or make yourself have to stand there and charge energy for a few seconds to do it. Make it so that you have to focus a lot of mental stamina and a little battery power on the processes, or make each transition cost some mana. Make it so that the transitions don't cost anything, but your battery depletes more quickly in these modes, or your mana, or whatever else. I don't much care what cost you give it, but it should have some cost.
  • Specify that you can not deactivate these modes until X time has passed. Then, it is up to you whether you want them to involuntarily deactivate or just become available to be deactivated at the end of X time. Unless you delegate continuous costs to the modes heavily enough, this part is essential. Otherwise, even with high costs, you just auto-win because you can deal way more damage than everyone else and take less under most circumstances, and not because of any strategic setup, but just because you have a couple of switches that say so. Note: Your Berserk Mode does state that it involuntarily deactivates after 40 seconds, which is good, but the problems are that it doesn't say that it locks you in to it for those 40 seconds (As in, you can deactivate it sooner, if you want, which means that you can just deactivate it whenever you're about to take a hit.), and there's no cost to activating it, so that 40-second limit doesn't mean anything because you can just deactivate it whenever you want and reactivate it as soon as you want.
Let me put it this way: Consider the Final Fantasy support ability, Magic Booster, a.k.a. Turbo MP or MP Turbo. The shorthand explanation of the ability is that it increases all MP costs by 100% (more flexible with the VII support materia, but that's not the point), but improves spell effectiveness by 50%. Here, we can see some obvious downsides:
  • You have to equip the ability outside battle, except cases in which it's customized onto one weapon and not another in X, and you spend a turn to switch weapons. In any case, it takes equipment setup: You don't just get to toggle it whenever you want.
  • To date, all of the FF instances of this ability take up an ability "slot." On Seinvocc, you can have as many abilities as you want, as long as they're fair, but, in the FF Tactics sub-series, you can only have one support ability (and, in original Tactics and Tactics: The War of the Lions, one movement ability) equipped at a time . . . for an entire battle, beginning to end. Likewise, you can only change your materia setups in VII outside of battle. In X, you have to spend thirty Turbo Ethers to have Rikku customize the ability onto one of a weapon's slots (most weapons having three or fewer slots, only a rare few having four) permanently, so you have to either stick with the ability or switch weapons. In X-2, it simply takes up an accessory slot (one of two on each character) or can be on a Garment Grid (one assigned per character), and all of this is out-of-battle customization, not counting X's one-turn weapon-switches.
  • The costs are doubled, but the effectiveness is only multiplied by 1.5. That doesn't sound like a fair trade.
  • In VII, X, and X-2, you have a damage limit to worry about. Yes, some things allow you to break the damage limit of 9,999 (though you still can't deal more than 99,999 damage or healing, as that's a hard limit), but, without those, you were looking at a limit on effectiveness. In other words, not only are you paying 200% of the cost for 150% of the power, but you're not even getting the full 150% power all the time!
  • Though it unfairly boosts a lot more abilities, even some that don't spend MP at all, in TA, Magic Booster mostly just deals with certain kinds of magic. In X and X-2, for instance, it doubles the costs of status magic, even friendly spells like Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen, and Auto-Life, but doesn't improve them at all. The accuracy boost to status spells in TA is not usually worthwhile and is only sometimes worthwhile in VII.
All-in-all, I make Magic Booster sound pretty shitty, right?
. . . . .
It's not. In fact, it's considered to be one of the most powerful support abilities in the franchise. Why? It's very simple, really. You get enough power to nuke the fuck out of everything and out-heal everything, so nothing else really matters! See a powerful enemy that you shouldn't be able to take down, that you should run away from so that you can heal up, train more, and otherwise step up to a challenge? Nope. Flare! The end. Got a surprise attack from some enemies and took a lot of damage, which means that it's gonna' be a real struggle to maintain your party's health while you fight for an advantage, maintaining a close fight that you may very well lose? Nope. Cura. Flare. The end. Oh, woo, you spent some of your MP (which is getting to be ridiculously high for this point in the game because you're overleveled because you keep getting a ton of experience from these enemies that you are taking down quickly and easily), so you should use an Ether or Turbo Ether. That slightly cuts into your profits from the fight. The horror. >_> What I'm saying is that Magic Booster, despite all those drawbacks, is still an incredibly powerful ability that makes a huge difference in gameplay, and that's because it works with an extreme boost. A 50% boost on your spells is powerful on Seinvocc, but it can be fair if the cost is high enough because you're going against other enemies that have their own powerful stuff and can outlast you and your high costs. That's why Noah's Haste spell is fair: Yeah, he gets a 1.5 speed multiplier by hastening time, but that also hastens poisons and other damage-over-time effects on him, it can be dispelled, it's a spell that he has to spend the time and energy to cast, and it wears off soon enough. He has to actually manage his costs and time because he's working against other characters that are made to be as good as him, so his costs matter. With Magic Booster in those FF games, the increased costs didn't usually matter.
That's what you currently have. It doesn't matter that Armored Mode deals less damage because you don't have to deal damage in that mode; you can activate it to take small damage, then activate Berserk Mode to deal a lot of damage, then, when you're about to take a hit, in stead of Berserk Mode's increased damage input mattering, you can just switch to Armored Mode and take piddly damage again! Your downsides don't matter, as they are. I want you to understand that there are a lot of ways to work with these abilities, a lot of ways to make them fair, a lot of downsides that can be applied to them (far more than just what I have suggested; I only suggested options that I thought that you might like), but you have to tone them down in a way that matters for them to be fair. It's easier to give them downsides that matter if they aren't such big boosts (That's the optional part.), but the core problem is that you need downsides that make a difference.

Haha, yeah, I thought that it was pretty funny, too. Still, it shows how overpowered Berserk Mode was, right?
I did notice that you cut the speed increase down to just 7%, and you made it only apply to attack speed, not movement speed, so that's good. That's more fair. Double damage is still a big multiplier, and the main issue is still the fact that it can be activated and deactivated on a whim, so it has no practical downside, but the speed differential is appreciated, as it makes it easier to reason with.

I understand that this Trans-Movement (Others will call it a "flash-step" move, as that is the term that is used for a lot of anime variants of this.) is a key component to your char. That's okay. Let's look at ways to make it fair.
First, there's again the activation issue. There are a lot of ways to work with this: Give it a time limit to recharge (e.g. "This can only be used once per day."), give it a mana cost, give it a big battery cost, make it spend a certain kind of special fuel that you have to keep buying/finding more of in order to make this possible . . . You can make it so that you have to charge it up while allowing yourself to walk around, but shutting down most of your other functions, rendering yourself unable to fight while you charge it. Make it so that you have to hold completely still to charge it up. Give it an ending lag (After using it, you have to hold still to re-calibrate yourself for X time, leaving you temporarily useless.) or an action/movement ending lag (which is the same concept, except that you shut down part of your functions while keeping others, which means that you can still move or fight while standing after using Trans-Movement, but, of course, that means that it takes longer for you to regain full functionality than what a full shutdown would allow), or perhaps make it so hard on your mental stamina that your mind can't handle doing anything for a moment afterward, even though your body may be ready. Combine any of these costs. Customize the downside according to what you want to pay for it, as you should do with everything. Also, you can make it continuously costly while it's active and not need it to deactivate automatically, or you can specify a certain time frame that it lasts for (I see that you currently have it at 7 seconds. That's one option.) and give it a cost that is proportionate to that amount of time for however effective it is.
The effectiveness is also an issue. Obviously, 700% speed is not okay. However, 104% speed seems to be too low, right? I mean, sure, if you want it to have a really low cost, you can put it at, say, 107% or less and just say that it costs more battery (or whatever you have in place of PS) to move more quickly. That'd be fine, but that's such a low increase that it doesn't really seem to accomplish what you had in mind, right? Do you want to bump it up to a higher speed (though not 7 times again, haha) and give it a fair cost, or are you okay with it being a very small addition? Remember: This is about taking your ideas, what you want and design, and then applying other thoughts to make it logical and fair. Your satisfaction matters. Fairness and logic matter because others' satisfaction has to be considered, but you matter just as much as everyone else. These are all just thoughts and suggestions. The only thing that I am saying with authority is that, based on what I know, this list is not okay as it is, which just means that it needs some work.
You could try changing its limits, depending on how you want to use it. Maybe you could have it shut down everything that isn't movement skills when active, so that it can only be used for moving around, not for quickly beating everyone down. You could make it so that it lets you move at a huge speed (like, uh, 400% or some crazy shit like that, or even more) for a good amount of time, but it takes so long to charge that it's basically never going to be practical in battle and is only practical out of battle when you want to go a long distance. For example:
Let's say that you were in the Dead Zone of Guild World. You were just hanging around the buildings of Aesthesia, but you wandered out too far and found out that you were in a very dangerous area, as was evident by the fact that there's a horde of at least 24 powerful orcs led by a red dragon (and not just any red dragon, but one that looks like the kind from FFIV and thereby is probably incredibly dangerous) coming toward you and looking like they are going to use you to pick their teeth. Shit. Well, you want to just run far away, but it takes a full friggin' minute (That's 70 seconds, here.) to charge up, and it looks like they'll be on top of you in half of that. You have two options: You can run back into Aesthesia and hide so that you can stall for enough time to charge, or you can die like a turkey in a rainstorm because you're stupid for wandering too far out into the bloody Dead Zone. Honestly, the former sounds to be a bit more appealing, to you. You beat feet back to the guild.
The monsters are not within view, but readers know that they avert their path to go mess with something else, oddly.
You hope that the monsters will either not bother to follow you or not see you cowering in the rail station. You don't wait around to find out: You hold still and focus your energies for a minute, then you're ready to go. Zoom! Before some people can get from one side of the Shallows Village school to the other, you've run north through the Razibiju Sand Ocean, up the Jden Sol Snowcaps, and a small distance into the Hutaudvale. It took a full minute of charging and a lot of energy out of your battery crystal, but you're safe. Deciding to conserve your energy, you deactivate Trans-Movement and walk calmly the rest of the way to Locco, where you know that they always have a power outlet for you to plug into to recharge.
Things are pretty calm in the valley, right now. You make it to the mobility guild with no issues.
You say hi to your friend at Charging Station Λ (Lambda), pull out your power cord, plug in, and relax for a while. You know that it won't be cheap to recharge, but damn it all if you're not safe from that mass of monstrous assholes.
Does that sound like something closer to what you want?

That brings me back to that Instant Mode thing. 20% is a bit high for a last-breath ability, but that's no big deal if it's not very strong . . . This is. This is obscenely strong. Mach 1 is, in fact, the speed of sound. It varies depending on the medium (For instance, sound is way slower in water than it is in air, and different levels of air thickness influence it, so it's different at sea level than it is when high above mountains and such.), of course, but it is the speed of sound. That's an amazing speed. To help you see what I mean, think of the average street car in your nation. Put it on a flat, straight, open road with no traffic, then accelerate to top speed. When it's going as fast as it can, Mach 1 is more than 4 times as fast as that car. For anything that isn't a plane in the modern world, that's insane. Only a couple of the fastest racecars in history have broken the sound barrier. If you're moving at that speed for anything more than a couple seconds, you pretty much outright win. Look at Tori's stats. She's considered to be dangerous because, while her offensive stats are average, she has so much speed that her attacks are too frequent for opponents to handle unless they take her down first, have high enough defenses, or something like that. You have high strength, and then you're trying to add supreme speed onto it. How supreme? You could literally run circles around Tori, slap her face, steal a kiss, scratch yourself, step back to grab a pen from a friend, draw a mustache on Tori's face, and beat her half to death before she could finish one attack of her own . . . easily. You're familiar with JRPGs and anime, so this may help you: Don't think of us as DBZ characters. Don't think of us as Naruto characters, 'cause their speed is fine because they're all stupidly fast. They're all ninja; it's to be expected. Don't think of us as Bleach characters because they all have some ridiculously-numbered boosts, impossibly fast flash-steps, and blah blah big swords shoot magic waves blah. If anything, compare a Lv1 Houcm character to a Lv40 character in most Final Fantasies . . . except with modifications because we're working against other characters that are equal to us, not auto-losing goblins and such.
Worse yet, this doesn't even just wear off after a while. It wears off only after you've healed, which means that either the battle's over and you're somewhere else to get healed by someone else ('cause I don't see any healing abilities here), or you just decline to get healed, and you're just untouchable to most people and can do just about whatever you want.
Clearly, that kind of speed is not okay. That's like the "seven times" multiplier that we discussed, earlier. It wasn't okay for it to work whenever you wanted it to, and it's not okay for it to work whenever you're in some danger of possibly losing.
If you want a last breath ability, I have a couple suggestions: First, make it interesting. Most of your abilities so far are just messing around with your stats! Shoot something, make something go boom, use some elements, summon something, get a different way to move around that is more strategic for some reason, but not insanely fast, temporarily gain an ability that changes up your fighting strategy to something completely different and cool, or whatever. I mean, yeah, it's okay to have a last breath abil that just boosts a stat, but that's already what you're focusing too hard on, and that much of a boost is way too rough.

Right, I see what you're going for, but I want to know why it only works against mechanical targets. I mean, if you're scanning, you're scanning, right? If it were a scanning spell, not a built-in function, I could understand that it has silly limits that don't have much of an explanation, but, if you have a scanning ability built in, why wouldn't it just be, you know, a real scan?
Not allowed? Don't be ridiculous. Go to Noah's ability list, hit CTRL + F, and find "Study". He can do that for free. Well, okay, it technically is a bit harder on the MS than one might expect, but it's fucking Noah. Look at his stats and parameters. Look at that MS! That's basically free. That is completely fine. I mean, it's just a basic scan. It gives away information that's mostly easy enough to ascertain, just saving a little time, effort, mana, and risk when compared to testing things out manually. It's a simple, low-level scan; if someone is immune to scans for some reason, Study is useless against them. It doesn't do any damage, it doesn't change any status, it doesn't stall for time, it doesn't cause even a slight inconvenience . . . It's really no big deal. If you want a simple scan ability, by all means, have one. Have five! Take 'em! Scans for everybody! Seriously, though, go ahead and make the scan more comprehensive, and don't worry about it.
In fact, click this spoiler, and you'll see some copy pasta from another site. It's a template for cyborg characters in another game. I mean, since it's a template, and since it's for some tabletop RPG, it's pretty restrictive, but you can at least get some ideas from it, right? I'm not going to bother to proofread much, so don't blame me if the English in here isn't a good example for you:
Recharging Station (• to •••••)
Effect: Whether a big complicated chair that feeds specially modulated currents onto sub dermal batteries; a special bed that lace your blood with high energy chemicals or a machine that produces the specialized nutrient paste feed to your system while you sleep or injected strait into the biochemical implants.
A recharging station replenishes the Cyborg’s Fuel supply. But the systems are energy intensive and require time to charge or chemical reactions to take place. The station generates one point of fuel a day for every for every dot of the merit possessed.
In order to gain this fuel the cyborg must strap in; sleep, or otherwise be indisposed for one hour per fuel gained.

Telecom:
This category of implants includes systems dedicated to the transfer of information to and from the cyborg. These Implants allow the cyborg to communicate over distances, intercept transmissions, even remote control appropriate Items.

Transmit (o)
The cyborg is equipped with radio systems allowing him to make and receive transmissions.

Sensory:
Sensory implants predictably enhance the cyborg’s existing senses and even add whole new senses. Eyes enhanced or replaced, ears tuned to ultrasonic ranges

Bionic Eye (•)
The cyborgs eyes have been replaced or enhanced giving them enhanced visual acuity. These replacements often include a protective layer and enhanced light filters and photoreceptors. While not truly granting night vision; it certainly cures night blindness.
Cost: none
Dice pool: none (Modifies visual based perception rolls)
Action: reflexive
This implant grants a +2 dice modifier to visual perceptions; the Implant also reduces penalties to visual perceptions by 2 dice.

Bionic Ear (•)
Artificial eardrums can be far more reliable than flesh and blood ones. Audio cut offs are also installed in most models. If the decibel level exceeds a certain amount the receiver simply stops transmitting to the brain until the noise levels drop to an acceptable level. The Implant is also tuned to noises far outside the normal human range. Dipping into the ultra and sub sonic ranges.
Dice pool: none (Modifies hearing based perception rolls)
This implant grants a +2 dice modifier to perceptions involving hearing; the Implant also renders the user immune to penalties caused by loud noises. This also renders the cyborg deaf for as long as the sound is present.

Olfactory booster (•)
The human nose is a dull thing; compared to most animals the human sense of smell is a joke. This system boosts the cyborg’s olfactory capabilities, cramming the nasal cavity with artificial olfactory sensors.
Dice pool: Wits + Survival
Action: Instant
This system allows the cyborg to track by sent alone; Doing so uses Wits + Survival and an extended action, with each roll representing about 10 minutes of tracking. In rolls to determine reaction to surprise, the Cyborg character gains two bonus dice unless the Storyteller deems that smell could not play a part for some reason (e.g. the Cyborg is facing scentless antagonists or was recently dosed with pepper spray). This Implant also aids a character who’s fighting blind by smell (see World of Darkness Rulebook, p. 166). Once activated, requiring its own Wits + Survival roll, this power remains in effect for 24 hours unless the cyborg desires to end it early.

Thermograph (••)
The eyes of the cyborg have been tuned to the infrared spectrum allowing him to preserve heat as visible light. This is useful for finding targets in the dark or ones visibly concealed. The thermograph can also penetrate thin cover such as flimsy walls.
Prerequisite: Bionic eye
Cost: 1 Fuel
Dice pool: none
When this Implant is activated it, lasts for the reminder of the scene unless the Cyborg spends an instant action to turn it off. While active the cyborg perceives heat as visible light.

Night vision (••)
Using light amplification technologies the Cyborgs eyes can adjust to near total darkness allowing him to see in the dark. Most systems marry light amplification with near infrared systems ensuring the system will operate in total darkness as well.
Prerequisite: Bionic eye
Cost: 1 Fuel
Dice pool: none
When this Implant is activated it, lasts for the reminder of the scene unless the Cyborg spends an instant action to turn it off. While active the cyborg can see in darkness although in a monotone black and white or green. Exposure to any strong light source causes the cyborg to need to succeed on a Stamina roll or go blind until he succeeds on a stamina check to reinitialize the system.

Voice stress analyzer (••)
This implant analyzes the vocal patterns of speech and relays the information to the cyborg. Most often used to tell if someone it telling the truth or not the system also can reveal the general emotional state of an individual. The system is not fool proof, a practiced liar can fool the system.
Dice pool: Wits + Empathy vs. Composer + Subterfuge
Action: Instant (note the cyborg must spend a full turn to analyze the vocal patterns)
Roll results:
Dramatic Failure: The system miss reads the vocal quos and gives false results.
Failure: Results are inconclusive.
Success: The cyborg is able to tell whether the given statement is false or true; or get the general mood of said target.
Exceptional Success: The system is able to give more detailed data possibly giving reasons for deception of detecting the possibility of lies by omission.

Enhanced visuals (••)
This system uses a HUD to overlay relevant data on the cyborgs field of vision. This system allows the cyborg to see farther and clearer as well as add relevant data from other systems and give a basic read out of the cyborgs health. The system out lines targets to enhance visibility as well as reduce glare or interference from particulate matter in the air.
Prerequisite: Bionic Eye
Dice pool: none (Modifies visual based perception rolls)
This implant grants a +4 dice modifier to visual perceptions; the Implant also reduces penalties to visual perceptions by 3 dice.

Active Scan (•••)
The cyborg is installed with a complicated series of sensors he can use to gather information about the world around him. He can get information on people and objects in his surroundings. The Active scan Implant uses a powerful micro computer to interpret all the information the taken in by the cyborg’s five senses and compiles them for the user.
Cost: 1 fuel
Dice pool: Intelligence + Science (Possibly contested)
Once activated the implant can provide information on the surrounding environment, the scan can give an idea of a targets health, detect any implants, provide a layout of structural weaknesses, even concealed weapons. Countermeasures or magic call for a contested roll.
Roll result:
Dramatic Failure: The scan is misinterpreted by the implant
Failure: Results inconclusive.
Success: The implant revels mundane information; such as concealed weapons the health of a target and so on. If used to scan an object it can reduce its effective durability by 2.
Exceptional success: The scan revels more detailed information as well as highlighting any anomalies in area (magical or paranormal evidence; only the presence not nature.)

Combat analyzer (•••)
A battle field is a chaotic place and one must keep track of potentially hundreds of variables; this implant helps keep the cyborg alive. This Implant combines targeting assistance and state of the art analysis programs to continuously update the user with vital information.
Dice pool: Intelligence + (Firearms, Brawl, or weaponry) + Assimilation
Roll result:
Dramatic Failure: The cyborg misinterprets the data and opens himself up to attack. The character losses there defense for the round.
Failure: The cyborg fails to find an opening of opportunity for defense.
Success: the cyborg reads the data correctly and takes the advantage. The character ignores an amount of defense and/or cover for the turn, equal to the cyborg’s Assimilation rating.
Exceptional Success: The cyborg’s Assimilation counts as one higher.

3600 Vision (••••)
Minute visual receptors are implanted at strategic points around the cyborg’s body. When activated the Implant provides the Cyborg with all around vision.
Dice pool: Wits + Assimilation
Roll result:
Dramatic failure: The cyborg fails to interpret the visual input and suffers fragmented vision, suffering an -2 penalty to all dice pools that involve sight (including attacks) for the reminder of the scene.
Failure: The cyborg fails to interpret the input, and shuts down the system.
Success: For the remainder of the scene, the Cyborg’s vision extends in every direction around him. As long as he can see at all, he can perceive in 360 degrees. It is almost impossible to surprise the Cyborg by sneaking up on him, and he may use his Defense normally against attacks from the rear. Additionally, 360o vision grants him +1 Defense while active.
Exceptional Success: The Cyborg gains two bonus dice to all sight-based perception rolls for the duration of the scene.

Millimeter wave (••••)
A miniature radar system is installed in the cyborg, this system uses low intensity radio waves to paint the users surroundings. The radio waves bounce of objects and people and the system interprets the data and feeds the cyborg an understandable picture.
Dice pool: None, although perception rolls might be required while using it
Once activated the Implant remains active for the reminder of the scene. While active the cyborg can see in complete darkness and takes no penalties from smoke, ect. This system also reveals invisible individuals or object as long as they are solid. (an emephereal ghost remains off the radar.)

Tight band imaging (•••••)
This implant uses high frequency radio waves to pierce objects.
Prerequisite: Millimeter wave
Dice pool: None, though it might modify the circumstances of perception rolls
For the duration of the scene the cyborg can see through material objects within 20 yards. Tight Band Imaging allows the Cyborg to automatically and reflexively ignore concealment factors such as fog, mist or physical obstructions. This applies to concealment penalties to perception rolls as well.
If the cyborg take one instant action to scrutinize an object or person, and her player succeeds at a Wits + Composure roll, she may add two bonus dice to her next roll to attack that target. She has focused on the interior of her subject and targeted its weak points.
Additionally, with an instant action, the Cyborg can peer through solid material, spotting a stolen artifact stuffed in a coat pocket or identifying a thug waiting behind the door. If the Promethean takes time to specifically look in a set location, the Storyteller may allow the attempt to automatically succeed or may require a perception roll depending upon the circumstances.
The dense nature of lead interferes with this power. Objects with lead may provide concealment or completely block the tight band imaging. As well as materials designed to absorb energy.
Well, sure, assuming that you can get your hands on them. Theft is hard, man. Well, it's a lot easier in real life (though still very difficult in battle), but a lot of people in Houcm have higher wariness, special abilities that can detect/prevent theft attempts, ways to track you, and friends that can do all that stuff, too. There are plenty of suckers, and, if your char is the type of char to take a weapon off a man that is lying there unconscious, opportunities do happen, but you gotta' understand that theft comes with risk. It is, after all, a crime and not morally okay. Of course, having comrades let you borrow their weapons is another story! Anyway, yeah, weapon proficiency is weapon proficiency. If you're good with spears, there's no reason why you shouldn't be good with my spear . . . I mean, you know, unless it has a really trippy design that you have to get used to, 'cause that's a thing.

You're showing noteworthy improvement. You should work on your verb tenses (past tense, present tense, future tense, past participle, present participle, and future participle); it makes things much easier to understand. Keep up the good work!
Skysworn Freedom
phpBB [media]

Comin' Through!
phpBB [media]

Never Too High
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Updated! :D

Hmm.. Android or Cyborg, huh? Can I be Super-Hume instead? Cyborg kinda.. Well, its not bad, but its not like I likes Cyborg too. It just, I want.. ahh.. Anyway, I've written something about my character. Can I make umm.. Clones, that almost same entirely like the originals. I thought, I want to make this clones things like the movie called AI. In the last part of the movie, the David(which is an AI) who have been saved by some Aliens after being frozen for 4000 years I think,(I don't really remember that movie) and then, He said he want his mother to being revived by those Alien(because those aliens can do that kind of things.) with his mother's hair DNA. But unfortunately, the experiment failed that his "mother" could only live for a day(his mother can live with normal human's life period if the experiment was success); yes, that is the clone things that I want to make. And then, the clones upgraded/added some mechanicals things.

Ahh! The Chakra! I don't know what to do about this thing. What happen If I don't have Chakra? D:

Okay, I've changed to "Night Vision, Infrared Vision and Sonar Vision Mode" instead. Is this ok?

Oh that Armored mode. I've changed it too, and is it ok?

Well, about your Trans-movement part, umm.. I'm sorry but its different from what I have in my mind(I think I'll put the concept on my others mode. :D ). Umm, this Trans-movement things is more like some movement that Heathcliff did from S.A.O(Sword Art Online). The part that he challenged Kirito to fight him. And when Kirito's attack was about to hit Heathcliff, He used System-support and move a bit faster than Kirito's attacks, enabled him to evaded that hit. That's it but, well, it just my thought about this things. Maybe it really looks unfair so I just have to make it some speed enhance instead.

Okay, the Instant mode. D: okay okay! How about this one? Yeah, for some reason, I think I'll stop with this Speed Booster things.. And I've added Healing Mode too! Yeah! I just realised that I don't have the healing abilities.

@_@ Woahh, I don't know being/creating a cyborg or mechanical things is so hard.. And I think, I don't really need that Scanning abilities.

Aaaannd the last one.. haha! Well, my character are like a bad guys, right? Naahh(oh wait, he is a bad guy..once), I'm not going to stole any weapons from anyone. I already have my own items and if I need to use yours, I'll just have borrowed it and giving it to you back instead of stealing it. Hahaha! Don't worry, man! xD Seriously!

Anyway, Thank you so much for telling me all these errors. And if there still more, I'll try my best to make it right(with your helps, of course.)! :D

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Money: $303
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=475
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=483
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=492
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I like the new format! It's different than what I like to do, but handy. Good job, man! Let me get something straight, though: The cooldown times are cooldowns after the durations, though, right? As in, if a mode lasts for 7 seconds and has a cooldown of 7 seconds, that means that it activates, remains active for 7 seconds, deactivates, and then it can't be activated again for another 7 seconds, right?

When you say, "has (a) glass container shape that (is) filled with magical energy," are you saying that the metal is contained within glass, or is that supposed to be a description of the shape? If so, are you trying to say that it has the shape of, for instance, an Erlenmeyer flask, also known as a conical flask, or perhaps some other kind of laboratory flask?

Look at this paragraph with corrections:
"Most of 047's inners body parts has been upgraded to Magical Mechanical (some steel that is coated with magical power), such as his skeleton, his heart (Magical Core), and his lungs, so he doesn't really have to repair or do some normal maintenance because the magic makes these components auto-repair. However, he still can perform some maintenance to make himself complete more quickly."
That's what you're trying to say, right? If so, that's cool, but I want you to understand that the subject that you're referring to is what we collectively call Tissue Damage, and that what you're describing sounds like a normal recovery rate, so that's what it will be assumed as unless you write that it's better or something. See, when an organic body is hurt, it spends some energy to carry nutrients to the location of the damage, usually via blood. Cells then use the nutrients as fuel to multiply and thus spread out to replace the cells that were damaged or destroyed, and that's how the damage gets repaired. What you're saying is that your core of magic does basically the same thing, but with its "Manipulating Energy," not blood, proteins, acids, yada yada. That's what you're going for, right?
Now, mind you, you could mention that your tissue damage recovery rate is increased (faster) or decreased (slower), and that would be completely fine. There's no reason to handicap yourself, unless you're going to make up for it by having some extra advantage in something else, so I wouldn't make it a reduced recovery rate, but you could, for instance, put the sentence, "The reparations from the Magical Core occur more quickly than the average char usually recovers." If you do this, you could put it in bold font in order to make it easy to notice and remember for readers, but you don't have to; it is everyone's responsibility to do their reading before making a fuss over something.
As a side note, the parenthetical clarification, "some steel that is coated with magical power," should be after the first instance of "Magical Mechanical." This is a matter of etiquette and clarity in English writing because it is good to understand a term as soon as it is used. It's not hugely important, but it's a good habit to get into.

The paragraph about the lungs is also unclear. Allow me to make some corrections, and then tell me if this is what you meant:
"He does have lungs and can inhale/exhale normally. However, he doesn't really need oxygen to stay alive, although it does help him to recover his PS more quickly, of course. Because the Magical Core enchants his lungs to neutralize toxins, he can breath normally in many toxic environments. However, the effect is limited, so it won't make him totally immune to poison gasses, and it won't stop water from entering his lungs if he makes the mistake of trying to breathe underwater."
Does that sound right? If so, remember this: If you don't need to breathe, you technically can't drown. Drowning is suffocation by water, and you can't die by suffocation if you don't have to breathe to live. However, if your lungs are full of water, they can't inhale, of course, which means that you have to be forcefully emptied of water (by giving yourself a Heimlich maneuver, by being punched or otherwise incurring a concussive blow from someone/something else, just by coughing it up harshly, whatever) before you can get back to breathing normally so that you can return your PS recovery rate to normal.

Hmm. I don't think that you understand the digestive process too well. We all have stomach acids (In fact, they're some of the strongest acids that are available to most humans!) that degrade food, drinks, and rubbish that enters. However, no matter how much something is broken apart, its parts still always exist. That is a fundamental principle of physics: We can never create or destroy energy or matter; we can only transform it. That is why we have bodily waste: When food is broken apart, the useful pieces (all sorts of vitamins, acids, proteins, blah blah blah), which we call nutrients, are carried throughout the body to replenish our bodily fluids and the energy that we use in the digestive process plus some more for other functions, and the pieces that we can't use, which we call waste or excrement, are shot out of the body . . . because there's always something that we can't use, but it always still exists, so it needs to be dropped out of our bodies in order to make room for more. This is also why animal waste is nutritious fertilizer to plants, and what we eat from plants is actually their waste: Plants use parts X, Y, and Z, while animals use A, B, and C, though we all use Q and R, some of us use D and E, some plants use V and W, some plants and some animals use F and S . . . You know what I mean?
As a result, it's no minor adjustment if you want to avoid having to stop to, you know, do your business. It is possible, though, with another explanation, such as this one:
"Manipulating Energy is spent to teleport bodily wastes into the ground of the (Insert a region selection here.), allowing it to fertilize the ground without 047 ever having to stop to use the bathroom."
That's just one example of something that can work, but a minor adjustment to the stomach can not explain a complete lack of waste.

Perfect memory, huh? That's gonna' be hard to manage, but I won't stop you from trying.

According to the paragraphs at the top, you have what I would refer to as a cyborg. If, for some strange reason, you don't like the word, you can refer to your character as something else, sure. Bill was known for referring to his androids as "Constructs," and, heh, I'm sure that you don't want to be like Bill, but we could tolerate a similarly odd alternative term, if you so insist.

Cloning is a touchy subject for a multitude of reasons. If you want your character to make clones of himself, I won't stop you, but I should be fair enough to warn you: Some chars in the game will not like that, and they will be able to tell. In fact, plenty of chars have an ability that is specifically dedicated to magically highlighting individuals that are cloning. For a multitude of reasons, some legitimate, some not, chars will react to this information in unpleasant ways. This can mean everything from just socializing being more difficult/risky . . . to someone simultaneously destroying every single clone in a single attack, which may or may not include killing you. Someone can give you the cold shoulder, while someone else will teleport to your laboratory and nuke the place. Someone will raise xir business' prices or refuse to do business with you, while someone else will kill you and every clone that xe happens to see. You never really know. What I'm saying is that it's not something that I'm going to say, "No, you can't do that" to, but it is strongly advised that you either choose to refrain from doing so, or else you'll just have to accept the consequences.
I'm sure that you read the Site Properties thread, right? Remember the paragraph about char deaths? See, cloning like this is generally seen as a way of evading death. You can go into battle without any real risk because you can just pop out another clone to take its place, whereas others are fighting for their characters' lives when they're fighting in life-or-death battles. That's not really fair. Therefore, if this 047 one dies, I can guarantee that something will happen that will cause the death of every single clone, because it's only fair.
Conclusively, if you're sure that you want to go ahead with cloning because it's important to your char design, you can, but be prepared for it to be a bigger burden than it's worth.
Yes, you can have 047 and the clones have self-destruct abilities. Yes, the explosions can have a radius of 400 meters. You should specify the power factor (e.g. "above average power explosion") of the ability, too. Like I said, though, death is death. If you self-destruct, it's only a matter of moments before your clones are all wiped out. If you bring some up to explode for you to help you in battle . . . or, well, help in battle in just about any way, enemies are going to have seriously ridiculous advantages to compensate for your otherwise unfair tactics, they will balance things out in their favor, and you will get in over your head, so you will lose. If you want to call in a mini-clone for a cheap/free, small explosion every now and then, that's one thing, but calling in walking nukes of doom is something else.

Well, because you're a cyborg, you probably should have chakra . . . but maybe not, since you're a clone . . . Ah, well, it's your choice whether you want it or not, I guess, since you could kinda'-sorta' make sense of it either way, though taking it out would probably be easier because you don't have to explain it at all, and it'd help you with stats/parameters that you're more familiar with.
Anyway, what happens if you don't have it? Well, not much, really.
  • To make up for it, you get to move its points to other stats/parameters, like I said before.
  • Because chakra, like mana, naturally regenerates over time, you can have a boosted mana recovery rate or some other neat advantage to make up for the lack of CH regen. Of course, boosted mana regen won't help you if you don't know any spells to spend your mana on, huh?
  • If you learn an ability that spends chakra to work, it's useless to you until you learn some way to spend something else, in stead.
  • It may be possible to somehow gain a chakra network later on, which means that you'll be able to circumvent any disadvantages.
  • If something would deal damage to your chakra (the same way that Barret's Mindblow Limit Break deals damage to MP in FFVII), it's ineffective, since you have none. However, plenty (but not all) of these attacks will then damage your mana in stead, so that's not much help.
Other than that, it's just, well, what you can clearly see in the Stats and Parameters guide.

Something to note about the costs: You have them as percentages, I see. If they're proportional costs (As in, if you have 200 energy, a 3% cost is 6, and, if you have 600 energy, the cost goes up to 18.), that is not advised. It ruins the point in your parameters going up as you gain Levels. If, however, they are given only as percentages of the original parameters (If you have 200 energy, a 3% cost is 6. Once you have 600 energy, the cost is still 6, so you can use it more, as you rightly should.), that is advised and easy to manage. You can simply state at the top whether the costs are proportional or only respective to the original, or you can change the costs to a numeric and/or relative term system, similar to your stats and parameters. If, for example, you say that a cost is an "average" cost, and it is spent from a parameter that is also "average," that's approximately an 8% cost at Lv1, but it's not proportional, so you can use it more as you get a higher maximum for that parameter, which occurs with Levels.

The vision thing is fine, yeah. Like I said, it's really easy to list extra visions like that.

Armored Mode looks fine, if I'm reading the cooldown factor correctly, as I asked in the first paragraph of this post.

Instant Mode is . . . different. It's been discussed that invincibility, no matter how brief, is often seen as unfair. However, in light of it being a last breath ability, especially since it's at 5% (Someone could take you down to 8%, then smack you down the rest of the way to skip it entirely. That's pretty practical because you have low RES, average HE and DEF, and, at a late stage in the fight, people should be using power-ups and strong attacks.), and since you need at least some stamina to pull it off, I think that four seconds of invulnerability is okay. Others also have temporary invincibility or near-invincibility, and their costs tend to be more complex, but that's okay.

Berserk Mode is way better, now. Er, that is, it's way more fair, now, not more powerful. Because it costs a good deal of stamina and because it locks you into taking double damage and being unable to use Armored Mode to reduce damage, you have to be careful with it, which is good.

Healing Mode has me confused. Are you not aware that HE doesn't naturally heal over time? Tissue damage (usually visible, bodily damage, such as cuts, scrapes, bruises, blood loss, severed or body parts, and so on) is healed over time, but HE (more of an invisible energy count that corresponds to your health in a different way) only heals when you make it heal. 30% more of 0 is still 0. You can use an ability to heal an amount or temporarily give yourself a regeneration effect (You have to specify its speed, which most commonly is expressed as an "average" or "slightly below average" regen rate, but feel free to design it how you want.), or you could even use an ability that makes healing from other sources work better on you (e.g. the "Jade Essence" equipped ability in FF Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time, which increases the effectiveness of Cure magic on the char that has it equipped), but just raising your regen rate by 30% doesn't help anything because, quite simply, you don't naturally have a regen rate.

Ah, okay. Yeah, being able to hyperaccelerate so much that you can avoid everything is unfair. It's one thing to watch it in an anime or video game, because those are just trying to tell you a story, and they don't have to be fair, but we have to design our chars fairly because this is a collective story with and against each other.
What you now have for Trans-Movement Mode is good. You don't need to specify the ending lag (which, from the sounds of it, is really more of an MS slow-regen period) because you already have a rather large MS cost and 17-second cooldown, and the 7% PS expenditure stacks with the actual, normal PS costs of moving, of course, so you have your costs pretty well-covered.

Naw, it's not so hard. It's just that there's a lot that you can do with it because you can decide on what makes up every part of you, you know?

Oh, I'm not worried. I'm just warning you that, if you don't give people's stuff back, they'll get pissed at you. People of Houcm, for the most part, recognize theft as an effective and respectable battle tactic, but, if you keep something after the battle, some chars may not get along with yours.

No prob, man. You are learning quickly. Keep up the good work, and you'll have a fully functional, cool character in no time.
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Yay thanks! And yes, that's exactly what I meant.

The glass container's shape really looked like Erlenmeyer glass things(because its really looked kinda like a heart shape), but there's a bit steel that placed around the glass like the cockpit's window in this picture;

Perfect memory... Maybe I'll go with something else. It really sounds hard to me. D:

So I can refer my character to something else? Okay, but I don't want to be like Bill.

Clon-- wait! No, not that kind of clones. Well, I think, I forgot to tell you about my clones things. Actually, Ranobi's father(he's a scientist) created 200 clones(047 is one of them). Each clones is an individual clones(single entity I think) and work/live like normal peoples. They could think and make their own decision like normal Hume(but everything have been set up by Ranobi's father to follow his orders). However, not all the clones will follow his orders and eventually, 3/4 of the clones started to attack the scientists while the other 1/4 did the opposite actions by protecting the scientists. The only clones survived from that war was 047. So, there's no other clones that reached the surface(the lab is actually underground) except 047 himself. Yes, all the scientists died including Ranobi's father. Aaannd, that's my RP character, the only clones that survived. It's not like clone jutsu or some clone magic.

Oh ya! About that taking it out and put it to other stats/parameters things. Can I divided my CH point(which is 44) and put it to more than one stats/parameters? Or, should I just put the 44 to one of the stats/parameters that I want?

Okay, I've updated my Healing Ability. How about this one?

Yay! Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it! :D

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Shir-Nuzreh
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=622
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=710
Guild:

Post by Shir-Nuzreh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:06 am

Ah, I see. The pattern of steel around an object such as that would be referred to as a "mesh" (interlaced structure or material of a network of an interlaced structure, e.g. fishnet stockings being "meshes" because they are stockings of an interlaced network of thread) or a "cage" (containment structure, usually of metal, wire, or thread, often interlaced as a mesh). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you mean something like this:
"This Magical Core looks like a glass heart (artist's depiction*) with a cage of Magical Mechanical. Inside the glass is X**. The core has a rune on it that manages its energy flow, allowing 047 to operate with the PS that you see in his parameter list. The energy is simply called 'Manipulating Energy,' and it has the same properties as the physical energy that works in a normal person's body."
*I'm sure that you already know this, but the "heart" images that we become familiar with when we learn of St. Valentine's Day and the actual shape of a heart are very different. This is because those images really resemble a woman's ass and groin region when viewing her from behind while she is bent over. Needless to say, that's not a politically correct subject, especially to kids, so people said that they were just artistic hearts to cover this fact up. Thus, if you're describing something as "heart-shaped" and it really is taking the place of a heart, you should specify whether you're referring to the fake "heart" images or the actual shape of a human heart.
**This information is yet to be determined. You can either fill it with some new or existing substance, or you can just leave it ambiguous (unclear). That is, you can say that the glass is filled with an unknown, magical substance that provides 047 with energy in a manner that is currently unexplained.

Yeah, perfect memory is really hard to manage. I have eidetic memory, so I find it to be easy enough to manage characters that also have amazing memory capacities, but even I wouldn't try to start a char out with perfect memory. Remember: Your char's MS increases with Levels, like your other parameters, so xir memory will get even better later on. Already, Noah's memory and a few others are going to be better than mine pretty soon, and it's going to be difficult, but possible because I'm smart and literate, for me to represent that sufficiently. Because "average" to a char is "way above average" to a normal person like you or me, you have to remember that your char is already quite a bit smarter than you, so you're going to have a hard enough time representing his intellect properly without giving him extra tidbits like perfect memory, supreme calculation capacity, and so on.

Yeah, you can refer to your char as whatever you want. Just don't be like Bill and expect everyone else to adhere to it strictly. Other players and their characters will say, "Oh, you're a hume clone with cybernetic implants? Yeah, you're a cyborg. I don't care what you call yourself; you're a borg." Bill wanted everyone to only call his cyborgs "Constructs," and we obliged to some extent, but, when we felt like referring to him as a cyborg, we called him a cyborg, and he just had to deal with that like a big boy.
All that I'm saying is that, no matter what you refer to your char's racial makeup as, no matter what title a char has, whatever, people are going to look at your backstory and composition, determine that you're a cyborg clone, and call you as such. It's not a problem in any case as long as you're not going to get upset about it like Bill did.

No, I remember reading that. I see where the confusion started, though: You were talking about the inspiration material for your character concept (the paragraph about the movie, AI, and then adding some biomechanics), and I thought that you were asking if you could also continue to make clones in-game from 047, which would give you the unfair advantages that I described.

Like I said before, you can divvy it up between any number of other stats/parameters. If you want to just take all 44 extra points and stack it onto one other factor, that's fine. If you want to split it up between all nine others, that's fine, too. If you want to split it in equal parts between some factors, that's fine. If you want to split it unequally, like 5 here, 10 there, 2 there, 6 there, 20 there, and 1 there, that's fine. It's totally up to you how to design your char. Just don't forget that, by having no chakra at all, you no longer have a chakra regen rate, which means that you should remember to give yourself something extra, in stead. What I recommended earlier was to simply have a doubled mana regen rate, as that is easy to manage and calculate, but you could also boost your stats/parameters a bit further, gain a bit of an elemental resistance, or something else, which I can calculate to determine what's fair, if that's what you want.

Okay, better, but it still expresses a speed, which I find odd. Normally, when someone casts a healing spell/jutsu/whatever, they simply spend the mana/chakra/time/whatever, the animation occurs, and the magic/chakra/whatever infuses into them to restore some health instantaneously. There is no "slightly below average healing speed rate" because it's normal for it to just, you know, happen. Cast, ding, done. I mean, there's usually a casting time (time in between the point at which you release the cost, starting the spell, and the point at which the effects actually take place, ending the spell; the animation occurs during this time, usually), but it's usually so brief that it's assumed to be completely negligible, so it's not even mentioned, in most descriptions.
3% of your original PS for 7% of your original HE is a good, appropriate trade-off. If you consider the comparison that "average" HE to a Lv1 char is about 4,000 in FF games (I mostly like to compare things to FFXII.), 7% would be about 280, which is close to how much a Cure spell from a Lv40 char in FFXII heals. What I'm saying is that your number selection works quite well, despite the fact that I usually recommend that people use relative terms. Of course, if you change the values for your PS and/or HE, it may not remain quite as accurate, but, you know, design your char the way that you want it to be, then worry about adjusting terms/numbers for power factors/costs.
Anyway, aside from the confusion that arises from the healing rate specification, the healing ability looks good. It specifies the range and radius (self-only), how much goes to HE and how much to TD (just says that it heals HE, so that's 100%-0%), the power factor (7% of Lv1 "average" HE = rather low), the cost (3% of original "way above average" PS = also rather low), and the animation (turquoise glow while active), so it's solid.
Oh, then again, something occurs to me. The way that you had written it, I had assumed it to be a single action, like casting one spell, but, looking at it now, it appears to be a mode selection for constant healing. I see how the healing speed issue came up, now. How about you tell me exactly what kind of healing ability you're going for, then I help you to properly phrase and format it? Some selections are as follows:
  • Single-use healing- e.g. Heal/Cure/Mend series spells, which are simply cast, occur, and that's it
    [*Single-use, regeneration over time effect- e.g. Regen/Organize, which you just stop to cast like Heal/Mend/Cure, but, in stead of just healing by X amount, they cause you to heal Y amount, which is greater, but stretched over Z time; can be expressed as N amount, which is smaller, every S time period between bursts of healing energy, which still totals to a greater, Y amount of healing
  • Constant regeneration mode (This is what I think you're going for.)- You enter this mode at will, and, as long as you're in it, you gain health at a rate of N/S (value/time) while spending C/S (value/time) of whatever energy(ies) you're spending as the cost. (Note: In your case, you have to hold still while using this, but that's not always the case in selections such as this. It is, however, a good selection because, if you have to hold still to do something, that is regarded as a type of cost, which means that it is allowed to give a reasonably good effect.)
  • Pulsating regeneration mode- basically a combination of the previous healing mode and the second version of the single-use, regeneration effect; enter the mode at will, then receive a pulse of N health for C cost every S seconds (Note: In this case, C can be very small or even 0, because it can be interrupted for no gain whatsoever, making it an overall less practical ability, so it gets a cost benefit to balance it up.)
  • Variable regeneration mode- regen mode that can toggle between pulses and constant benefit and/or greater benefit while holding still and lesser benefit while moving
Tell me what you'd like to have (You can have more than one, of course. You can have all the options, for all that I care. That's up to you.), and I'll help you express it in the same format that you've been using.
Note, however, that you still don't have a way to spend your mana, which isn't so bad because you're clearly supposed to be a physically offensive char, but, you know, your mana regenerates over time to fill up to its maximum, so it's good to be able to spend some mana every now and then for some free healing or something. I'm not saying that you have to have a healing spell or really any way to spend mana at all, but I recommend that you have some way to use your mana.

I see that you still have a lot of cost on Trans-Movement Mode. You have:
  • an unnoticeably below average PS cost
  • a significant MS cost with the bonus of your MS recovering more slowly after it is spent
  • a full ending lag, restricting actions and movement, afterward, though this ending lag has an unspecified duration, unless it's your cooldown duration
  • a 17-second cooldown before you can use the ability again
Your benefits are a 35% SPD increase for 7 seconds.
At this point, this ability is a bit over-costed. That is, your downsides outweigh your upsides. Simply said, you may either reduce the costs or increase the magnitude and/or duration of the effect, and it will still be fair. You don't really have to; if you want to have an ability that's kinda' sucky, you are totally free to have it, and that's fine. See also: In Noah's abilities, it is listed that he has a small affinity for some elements, which gives him a weak, inefficient manipulation effect over them. Right now, because they don't get much magnitude for their cost, they're practically useless. Anyway, because this Trans-Movement Mode is important to your char design, I can only assume that you don't want it to suck, so feel free to tone it up. ^_^

Again, with the weapon/throwing expert codes, you don't even have to give them sections of their own. You can just say something like, "047 was programmed to quickly learn skills in handling and throwing weaponry." You can say that at the top, bottom, or anywhere between in the abilities, bio, or both, but that one sentence is totally fine to let us know that you have that. Also, especially since you have good MS and SPD, it will be assumed that your throwing skill is actually better than what your current description shows, so I recommend that you just don't bother to give a lot of explanation and toss out a simple statement like the one that I said. You know, to make it easier on yourself and keep things nice and neat for readers.

It's my pleasure to help, man! You're doing really well. There are plenty of people with English as their first language that have had a lot more trouble than you.
Transcendence
phpBB [media]

Shadows
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 am

Updated, except the Healing Mode.

Yes! Oh, so it called Mesh, huh. Anyway:
*lawl, I thought it will be a perfect "Heart" shape for my character, but, I think, I'll go with the cylinder shape instead. Heart shape is to flashy for me. xD
**Okay, I've changed the sentences. I wanted to make the Manipulating Energy as 047's energy(PS) that filled inside the Magical Core. Or should I changed it? Because its sounds like complicated(or maybe its just me).

Yeah, my character are smarter tha-- wait, what? xD Yeah, you're right. Good thing I've changed it from make him have the Perfect Memory things.

Don't worry, you can call my 047 as cyborg,android,robot or whatever you want, I'll faced it as.. Well, I don't mind about it anyway.

Okay, I've divvy it to others stats/parameters. Aaanndd.. The results looks a bit, overpowered. I don't know, just saying. The sums is still the same(which is 500).

Yup! I'll go for the Constant regeneration mode. I enter this mode at will, and, as long as I'm in it, I gain health at a rate of 10%/seconds while spending 4%/seconds of my mana energy. Is this right?

Ahh, the mana. I'm not really good at magic things. I always played as physically offensive char(in any RPG games) and rarely to uses any Active skills and only takes/chose a lot of Passive skills instead. Anyway, I think I'll use my healing ability with the cost of my mana.

I've updated my Trans-movement. Is it acceptable?

Haha! Okay.

:'D Th..Thank you~!

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Leilani
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:42 am

Other than rephrasing your HE to just "above average" to keep with the rest of your pattern, your stats and parameters look fine. Yes, you're a dangerous physical unit, but you make up for it by being shitty with magic. It's completely fair, as the math shows. Good job.
Then again, you're still working on a 0 parameter without an extra recharge rate or something else to compensate for it. Would you like to now include a note that your mana regen rate is doubled, or something like that?

I think that the phrasing is fine. Well, okay, it needs some proofreading for others' sake and for your learning, but it's clear enough to me that it represents that which is fair and logical.

I see a new issue.
>047 won't being possessed by any possession magic and he can't be hacked(you know, like umm.. Skynet things, being hacked and controlled by the woman terminator), and can't change his objections/missions. He will not having some lagging or actions interrupted just by being hit by electrical attacks(EMP, Lightning, Sonic wave, etc.), but still could take the damage dealt from the attacks.
Complete immunity to such interference for no reason is not really fair. There are a couple parts to this, so let's split them up:
>Possession, hacking, and such interference as that is usually resisted by your MS, RES, or both. Often enough, your Level is also taken into account during calculations, which can be in addition to the resistance that you already get from your MS, RES, or both, that is boosted by your Level. Anyway, you already have some resistance to mind control stuff built into your stats and parameters; you don't need an ability to resist, too. Does that mean that you're still vulnerable to such things? Of course. Everyone is to some extent; even Noah, whose MS and RES are unmatched among Lv1 chars, even so high that others could receive Level bonuses and still be lower in those, could feasibly be mind-controlled. It's not likely, and the effects should be far diminished when compared to someone of less resistance, but it is technically possible. Similarly, if you want to be highly resilient against most mind control tactics (As it is, you should be mostly safe because your MS is good.), you can rearrange your stats and parameters to more highly favor MS and/or RES, but just stating that you're outright immune for no particular reason is not quite right.
>Because you operate on "Manipulating Energy," not an electrical current, it is already clear that electrical attacks will not disrupt anything, electrical manipulation can not disrupt or force your functions, electricity doesn't deal any extra damage, electricity is not absorbed, you are not immune to electricity, and there is no other particular interaction unless you explicitly specify otherwise. In other words, you don't have to mention the lightning part at all, because it's already as much of a clean slate as anyone else.

"I enter this mode at will, and, as long as I'm in it, I gain health energy at a rate of 10%/second while spending 4%/second of my mana."
This is what you said, but with three small corrections: "Second" should be the singular, not plural, form in these instances, and I specified that this only related to health energy. You can choose to split it up between HE and TD, if you want; it's just not good to leave it as "health" without saying anything unless you're okay with it being assumed that it's only for HE.
Hm. This is some fairly good healing. You do have to hold still for it, though, and it can be rendered completely useless if someone has the speed and power to knock you away before a full second elapses (You enter the mode, 0.9 seconds pass, and then Choh stuffs her claw into your chest, knocking you back and thus disrupting the mode because it requires you to hold still, so you get no gain whatsoever.), which isn't as difficult as it sounds when dealing with fantasy chars. Plus, a two-second cooldown isn't much, but it does make it a teeny bit harder for you to simply leave the mode, dodge an incoming attack, and go right back to healing. At first, I was kinda' inclined to recommend that you tone it up just a touch (like, 11 or 12% recovery per second), but, then again, your MA is low enough that 4% is an exceedingly small cost, so it seems to strike a good balance on the numbers. I wonder how others will evaluate this.

That's sensible. As long as you have some use for your MA, that's good, because it'd suck to just have one of your parameters be totally useless until you learn a new ability to use it.
Personally, I'd also include at least one offensive or status spell to start a battle with (so that you get to regen that mana immediately and get a pretty-much-free move, you know?) or something else so that I'd be able to get something extra done while my HE and MA are both full, but that's just my recommendation out of battle sense and cost management. Plus, even though this char mostly relies on physics, there will be some battles in which your enemy has a huge difference between its DEF and RES, or even some in which the enemy is completely immune to physical attacks, and you'll want to be able to at least do something, rather than either relying on allies or fleeing. In FFT, if you want Ramza to be a purely physical unit and hammer your way through the game that way, you can with little to no trouble, but that's because FFT is designed that way. On Seinvocc, you can fight all kinds of battles, so versatility is very, very handy.
That being said, if you don't want to immediately design in an spell or something, it's not that big of a deal. I just want you to understand my recommendation and why most people include at least some physics on their magical chars and some magic on their physical chars, here, but it's absolutely not necessary, and there is never a penalty for embracing your own design above such recommendations.

Hmm. Let me try to re-phrase it, then you tell me if this is what you want, okay?

Code: Select all

>Trans-Movement Mode:
Cost: 4% PS, 35% MS
Duration: 7 seconds
The user emits red light behind its body. This mode increases the user's agility by 35% faster. Though the ability can be reactivated in 7 seconds, there is a 14-second period in which the user's MS recovers much more slowly than usual.
How does that look? Note: This would mean that, during the last seven seconds of the slow MS recovery period (which can be classified as an "ending lag," but you don't have to write that out), you could use the ability again, but your MS would still be recovering slowly while you are sped up for the second time, and then you'd have another 14-second period of slow recovery after that, which means that your MS would be pretty low, so you'd have trouble moving and reacting to things quickly enough, and you'd be more vulnerable to mental attacks. That's a good design, as it keeps you from spamming this ability via a wide selection of costs without needing to specify a stacking behavior for the costs.

The format is coming together nicely; it is now quite a bit easier to read things in an order that helps in character evaluation. I would recommend that, in order to further assist this, you take the last sentence from the Weapons Expert code, put it up at the top with the other stuff between the stats and the abilities, and remove the rest of it. That one sentence is really all that you need.

That air step thing is a bit unclear. To make it easy on you, how about I show you how to describe it in a way that anyone with a high school physics education can understand?

Code: Select all

>Air Step:
Cost: 4% PS per use (plus actual jumping PS cost)
047 can instantaneously compress air beneath his feet and control it to push off his feet as he jumps, which allows him to perform as many aerial jumps in any direction as he can physically handle.
Cooldown: 0.4 seconds
Note: Without saying anything else, this assumes that your aerial jumps are completely equal to your normal, grounded jumps. With your very high speed, that results in some rather large jumps. You gain altitude through the 0.4-s cooldown, so that doesn't prevent you from jumping at the apex (high point) of a previous jump, allowing you to capitalize your altitude without trouble. The cooldown really only prevents you from interrupting one jump to start another in order to rapidly change directions, which means that your cooldown period acts as a small hindrance to aerial evasion.
If this is what you're going for, feel free to just copy and paste, 'cause your design is good. It's really cool to see how you adjusted so quickly to working in values that are sensible. There's just one thing that I'd like to suggest about it: What if you made it a mana cost, not a PS cost? Rather than spending your physical energy to compress and control air, which is a little hard to make sense of, you could just let it be a magic trick. That way, you can save your PS for your other abils, you have a use for your mana when your health is full, and this ability is still fair because you still spend the normal PS cost of jumping plus a little mana to pay for the fact that it's aerial movement. It's just a thought; if you want it to spend PS, it's still a good design.
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 am

At last!! :D *now I got the time & Internet to write this..*

Yeah, updated.

*laugh nervously* *stopped* Well, I.. I'm just afraid of being possessed/controlled by others. But, I'm still afraid that my Char will having some virus/hacked things since 047 is Cyborg. Anyway, I think I shouldn't worried about it so much since everyone can also being controlled(even in short period.).

Oh the tissue damage. But I don't know how to evaluate it. Should it be in percentage(in healing TD)? Anyway, I've changed it to "heal HE and TD", is it right?

Okay, I'm good with that(the trans-movement part.). :D

Hmm.. That's a good idea! :D Okay, I'll use Mana cost instead of PS. Well, I've no idea how to spend my mana *laugh*. Thanks by the way. :D

Oh, I've added a new magic move too.

Thanks for helping me! Well, I'm so sorry if I was offline for a long times.

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Jules
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=505
Guild:

Post by Jules » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 am

Yeah, having your char controlled by others can be a nerve-wracking thing, but that's part of the fun: This game has risks, not just a few dolts writing their ways around challenges so that they can flex their e-peens safely.

As with just about everything, you can use numbers, or you can just express power factors in relative terms (e.g. "12.5%" or "moderate" TD healing).
Yes, the healing ability is fine, except that it's not written very clearly. Because you keep putting "Action: Instant" on all your abilities, it seems to be described as a single-use ability, like casting a spell, not a mode that you enter for an effect over time. I think that you mean it to be like this:
">Constant Regeneration:
Cost: 4% mana per second
047 emits some turquoise light on his back. This mode heals 10% of his original HE and 4% of his tissue damage per second. This mode requires 047 to hold completely still; if he dodges, blocks, or is struck so that he has to flinch or be knocked back, it is cancelled.
Cooldown: 2 seconds"

Now, about that "Regen skin" thing . . . I don't think that you should bother with it. By default, everyone regenerates TD over time. It's just how physical bodies work: When you get a cut, your body spends energy and resources (here represented as PS) to send cells and instructions to the location of the cut so that it starts to heal immediately. You already have an increased* TD recovery rate at no additional PS cost because you're made of auto-repairing metal, plus you have a rather effective healing mode that helps, too. What I'm saying is that, without Regen Skin, having your friggin' arm chopped off isn't a very big deal, to you. Regen Skin seems like overkill: You get a massive 7%/second boost for no additional cost, and you're already plenty resilient against TD.
I'm assuming that this is what you had in mind to compensate for the lack of chakra. While it's not a bad idea, and it is fair (It is allowed, if you really insist.), I recommend that you reconsider because you're capitalizing on a point that you're already strong in, and it's not a very significant point. As I've said in a few instances, a lot of chars and enemies gain huge resistances, regenerations, and even total immunity to tissue damage at higher Levels, and plenty stop trying to kill you by TD and focus more heavily on other means to harm you as a result of common resilience. Like I said, if you're really concerned about TD so much that you insist on having this Regen Skin to compensate for your lack of CH, by all means, take it; it's your character. I just mean to give you some insight because you may want to reconsider.
*"047's tissue damage recovery rate is increased slightly faster than average characters usually recovers." <- This statement is not quite in proper English, so it's hard to tell whether you wanted it to be a slight increase, a more moderate increase that you consider to be a slight benefit, or unsure. I recommend either taking off the last part of the sentence (everything after "increased"), taking out "increased" so that it simply states that the recovery rate is slightly faster, or putting "to" after "increased," so that the statement is that the recovery rate is increased to a value that is a slightly faster. If you just say that it's "increased," it's assumed to be a moderate value.

Oops! I carried over part of your English problem. You should take out the "faster" in Trans-Movement because it's redundant. Hah, my bad.

Spending mana on Sein is pretty much exactly like spending MP in JRPGs, subject to artistic interpretation.

Okay, Magic Punch is confusing as fuck. It's just a punch. It doesn't seem magical at all. In fact, it doesn't even have any real effect. If you want to hit someone at 7/10ths power, you could just, you know, restrain yourself. You don't need an ability for that. It is just a punch, right? It deals physical, not magical damage? Plus, your little format thing says that it spends MA, but your description says that you channel your Manipulating Energy (PS) through yourself to do it. I can't evaluate this ability because, honestly, I'm not sure what it is. ._.

Any time! Yeah, it's no problem. Don't worry about it. I've been stupidly busy at my job, too. Thankfully, this is only going to be a three-night week! Woo!
Business Typical

Infinity Puzzle

Govern the Stars

Guild:

Post by 047 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:40 am

Okay! I've changed a bit.

Haha! It just a habit. I always want it all to be same(if this one have "Action:", the other must have it too).

Oh! So now, instead of focusing on my HE regen, I really should go for my Mana regen. Hmm.. Okay, I think, I want to have Mana regen boost(the thing that you guys suggested for me back then).
EDITED: I've put ME booster spell! :D

Oh..that.. ('-') Well, to be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing back then. Maybe because its too early in the morning(I've edited this morning.). Maybe I'll have to search for some magic attack(other than fire ball, lightning et cetera.).

Hahaha! Okay! :D Yea!

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Leilani
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 am

Like I said earlier, since all of your abilities are either instantaneous or modes of constant influence, you really don't need the "Action" segment of your format at all. No big deal, in any case.

Well, the point was that you were capitalizing on TD specifically. Again, as you previously read, I hope, HE, TD, and PS are all separate factors of how worn-down you are. PS is your body's natural (using the term loosely, in some cases, like yours) energy account for staying alive and moving. TD is a measure of how badly you're lacerated, bruised, bleeding, missing body parts, or otherwise damaged bodily. HE is like HP in many video games: It's a secondary account of health that is independent of the other two. When I punch you, you take damage to all three. Your HE goes down because I just harmed you. Your TD goes down because you are bruised. Your PS goes down because, when my punch connected to your skin, your nerves sent signals to your brain to receive the pain and react to it, so your brain initiated the chemical processes that made your skin take its shape elastically and bruise.
How most chars recover these parameters:
HE-
  1. start with one or two healing abilities, often one active and one passive, sometimes more, occasionally less
  2. usually by magic, sleeping while PS is full
  3. eating/drinking restores a bit, though that's mostly for PS
  4. having others heal them
TD-
  1. PS is naturally spent to compensate for reductions in TD, e.g. your body's natural ability to heal itself from the cell destruction of my punch; natural recovery rate
  2. sometimes an ability or two, often tied in with HE healing
PS-
  1. breathing
  2. eating/drinking
  3. sleeping
  4. rarely an ability
What you have for HE is the same as everyone else, with one healing ability, which is fine, especially because it's a pretty good healing abil, at least out of battle or when you have the opponent trapped well enough that you have some free time. What you have for PS is the same as everyone else, with no ability, which is fine, because breathing, eating, drinking, and sleeping is plenty enough to start with. What you have for TD is the natural healing rate, a slight boost to that rate, a healing ability that, again, works at a pretty nice rate when it gets going, and you were going to put an additional, huge regen rate on top of that.
My point was just that you were putting all of your eggs into one basket, and, because that basket was TD (not HE), it was a basket that most people don't think of it as a good idea to put too many eggs into right away. Your lack of chakra allows you to have one boost elsewhere, and there really is no wrong choice as to where to put it. I just want you to make an informed decision.

ME Booster: This is written in a confusing manner. I'm going to make a guess, though, to help you along.
"047 can enchant himself so that he has a slightly increased mana recovery rate for eight seconds. This enchantment has no direct cost, but, during those eight seconds, all other abilities have their mana costs increased by 50% of their original costs. This enchantment can be activated every four seconds."
Are you going for something like that? I have a couple questions.
First, since it lasts for eight seconds and has a cooldown of four, does that mean that you intend to stack it? Enchant once, again halfway through for double effect, again halfway through the last one (first has now finished) to still have double effect, again halfway through that one (second has now finished) to still have double effect, and so on? With a simple 4/8 counter, it'd only be able to stack to double effect without outside help, which is not necessarily a good or bad thing. It's just something that we have to take account for.
Second, is this supposed to be the increased MA regen rate that you get as a result of having no CH? If that's what you're trying to do, don't bother. All that you have to do is go up to your stats and parameters and say, "047 has a doubled MA recovery rate." It's that easy. You may also work on this ability and have it in addition, but the mana recovery boost is something that you just write that you have.

It may help if I break down some info for ya'. Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that your char has going for it and the logical process by which each is allowed:
double MA regen rate > "No drawbacks? Is it here to compensate for something else?" > yes; no CH > fair
slightly increased TD recovery rate > "No drawbacks? Is it here to compensate for something else?" > no > very weak effect (partially because it's TD, partially because it's only a slight boost, and partially because it's a boost to a regen rate that everyone has) > fair, but don't think that's it's fair to have a thousand abilities that give you advantages for free as long as they're individually written to be weak, of course
eating, drinking, and breathing restores PS as usual, but your body doesn't obligate you to do so, so you have a couple fewer ways to die > "No drawbacks? Is it here to compensate for something else?" > no > very weak effect (Like, really, does anyone seriously need you to be able to starve to death? Psh, no.) > fair (That's two teeny-tiny advantages for free, which is fine; as Dycedarg proves, you have room for more.)
proficient in weapon mastery and throwing skill > "No drawbacks? Is it here to compensate for something else?" > no > Who cares? It's normal skills, just written out for clarity's sake. This is basically nothing. > fair
visual abilities > "No drawbacks? Is it here to compensate for something else?" > no > It's just visual abilities, and they're pretty normal and limited, at that. > fair
aerial maneuverability > drawback: costs MA per jump; "Is it here to compensate for something else?" > no > fulfills the "aerial movement should be more costly/otherwise detrimental when compared to normal movement because convenience and speed are costly" criteria > fair

See how we come to these conclusions? A doubled MA recovery rate for no reason would be a huge advantage, but you get it because you also have the huge disadvantage of not having CH to regen. Other little advantages are fine because every character is entitled to have a handful of advantages that give the char xir own edge, xir own flavor, xir own style, in and/or out of battle. More major abilities have their own one-by-one cost analysis procedures, as you've seen for your Armored, Berserk, Trans-Movement, and Constant Regeneration Modes (Oh, uh, is "Constant Regeneration" supposed to be "Constant Regeneration Mode?" It kinda' seems like it should be.), as well as the movement ability, Air Step. My point is that you don't have to think of every ability in the same way because some are more significant than others, and some are there to compensate for something else, so they need no cost or a reduced cost.

By the way, I forgot to mention this way back in the beginning: You say that your skin can change color, but not be used for camouflage. Why not? Simple camouflage like that is no big deal. In fact, especially after a couple Level-Ups, most characters will have a way to identify you easily whether you're using camouflage or not, even from a great distance. If it can change color, it's fine to just say that it can change color.

I noticed something. You still have Berserk Mode with a 4-second cooldown, but it can't deactivate until 30 seconds have elapsed after activation. That makes its cooldown entirely meaningless unless A) someone somehow forces you out of Berserk Mode with their own trickery or B) the cooldown occurs after the rage is over. Which do you prefer? A 4-second cooldown is not much, either way, so you could take it out, allow it to start immediately and thus only matter if someone forces your mode to change as soon as you start it, or allow it to start afterward.

Keep it coming, man! While we iron out the details on what you've already written, feel free to jump into all kinds of inspiration for more abilities. Have you tried using that name generator website that CH posted in the Character Adoption Center's "Other Resources" subforum? The spell name generator can come up with some cool-sounding tricks to inspire you to design them.

Oh, by the way, everyone that has replied to you so far is me. It's not that others haven't been around and reading, but everyone else has stayed silent, as per the usual (Sigh . . .), while I do all the talking.
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Guild:

Post by 047 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Yosh! I'm back! Kinda late but.. nevermind..

Okay, understood. That's mean, I don't really have to focus on my TD too much because it will eventually becomes stronger(in TD and HE healing) as I leveled up? Well, I'm not.. I'm just... So, my Constant Regeneration Mode's description is correct? It heals 047's HE and TD too.

Ohh! Okay, I'll use my "lack of CH" advantage to make this character to have the doubled MA recovery rate. Done! :D 'cause I might forgot to used ME booster. Actually, I thought I want that advantage to have "increased TD healing rate", but then you said I shouldn't put too many egg in the basket.. Anyway, the reason I've wrote those ME Booster is just for that double MA regen rate. But then I thought it would be too much for it to just double MA regen without any drawback so I just put some drawbacks like.. The.. The things that you mentioned about MP Turbo I think(it's from one of your comment about using the Mana Turbo will increase Mana regen but it also increase the spell cost.)..

Oh by the way, I'm not sure that I'm truly understand about the Chakra/CH parts. But, from what I understand about this Chakra is, the function is same like Mana, right? It's like, umm.. we can use some spells/moves that use Chakra instead of Mana, right? So, is Chakra is an energy like Mana? Is it like umm, if we use a Chakra skills that spends a bit Chakra.. Then, will it spend a bit of PS too? And when the Chakra's energy rose a bit, so did the PS too? I'm just want to be sure about this because I don't really get the entire things about Chakra.

Oh, I think I don't want to camouflage myself from my skin. I mean, I do want that but not in that way. Hmm.. Well, I have an Item(Hood cape or.. whatever it called) that has the camouflage ability. So, I don't really need the camouflage skin. So, my skin can only change color. :D

Oh yes, I di-- wait! There's spell name generator? Spell? Oh, I didn't realized that because my internet kinda slow back then so, I can't check it ALL out. But I've tried that Name Generator! Its cool! But I want to find that Spell Name Generator since I'm not really good at giving names for my sp--

So it was...you.... hahaha! xD I thought it was "them" who talking and helping me out but, it was you..! I'm surprised because.. You played each different character so well(even if you're not, but still..) that I just can't belie-- Ehem.. Actually, I knew it was you since the way you talk are like the smart(I mean the real clever/charismatic "smart") person and.. you know, when you commented on this part
"Oops! I carried over part of your English problem. You should take out the "faster" in Trans-Movement because it's redundant. Hah, my bad."
as Jules while you've wrote about it all as Leilani. Heh heh heh.. I kne-- anyway, I'm sorry for giving you such/much of troubles..

Aaaandd it's 3.45 AM.. My Insomnia has reached its limits so.. See ya! I think I'll be going nowhere since I have internet connection and kinda have the time to spend it here. :D

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Return to “Abilities”