Chesspieces of Conquest

Equipment, ammo, vehicles, and other items are to be posted here for approval before your character is fully approved for gameplay.
Dycedarg
Lv1
Posts in topic: 8
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=314
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=313
Guild:

Chesspieces of Conquest

Post by Dycedarg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Dycedarg is usually too proud to use another's weapon, but he may collect good weaponry for use by his armies. In some cases, he may bother to pick pieces of rent equipment after a battle for various uses, including torture, forcing more work on his overworked and underpaid blacksmiths, and arming his armies. Generally, though, he'll be using his starting equipment.

Runeblade: It's stronger than it looks, not that it looks weak. It's especially great for parries (partly due to the fact that it's unbreakable) and can block metaphysical and magical attacks. It alternates elemental affinities at random times, gaining a glow of the respective color. When its affinity is non-elemental, the glow is grey, a wind-elemental affinity is shown in pink, and earth is green. Note that all Swordskills, Seiken (excluding the elemental slashes, Spellblade, and the beams), Jump, and Launchblade abilities take the element along with the power of the weapon that he wields in his own hand, that being his right, where one can usually find this sword. That means that an ice user is immune to/absorbs/resists damage (though not to secondary effects, such as status ailments, equipment rends, and flinch and knockback factors) from all of these abilities when it is in ice mode, for instance. It's stronger than the Chirijiraden, so he uses this sword primarily. Having it equipped also slightly raises his magical proficiency, but that makes almost no difference whatsoever, since he avoids magic like the Black Plague. (Ignore the sword in the avatar. It's this one, with the first pic showing its pink glow when drawn, and the second showing it sheathed.)

Chirijiraden: This fabled katana was said to be sealed within a deep cavern of indomitable perils, and in such a way as to be hidden even to those who may brave it. It was said to be sealed out of fear for its awesome power. Fewer people have spoken such hushed tales as those who have denied its existence with expressions of unparalleled terror. Most who recognize the name upon its mention say that the man that stands before them could not possibly be its bearer, else he is no man, but a low-rank demon (referring to the fact that lower ranks are effectively higher ranks, in demons), and that's only if they don't completely deny its existence. As one would imagine, it's unbreakable. Despite all the hype, though, its terrible power isn't as strong as Dycedarg's Runeblade, though it is quite powerful indeed. It's also not quite as good, though still good enough, for parries against physical attacks. Its main benefit above the Runeblade is that it's more reliable, since it is always non-elemental. Aside from that, its weight is far less than his Runeblade's, so it's easier to combo with, which only adds to the fact that katana are prone to combos. Then again, Dyce is too slow to perform sufficient combos with normal, physical attacks, usually. Having it equipped slightly increases Dyce's evasive capabilities by raising his physical speed for reactions only, though not by nearly enough to make him capable of evading much of anything, anyway. The blade looks to be golden, but, like the Runeblade, is made of a material that even Dyce doesn't know.

Dycedarg has one of each of the following katana, which he uses for his Iaido abilities, but is too proud, dimwitted, and tunnel-envisioned to use them for anything else:
Ashura, Kotetsu, Osafune, Murasame, Ama-no-Murakumo, Kiyomori, Muramasa, Kiku-ichimonji, and Masamune

Judgement Helm: This is said to be worn only by those of unfaltering judgement. Those who say that have not met Dycedarg. It simply protects his head and increases his physical defense and magical resistance by a lot. Yes, this is part of the shown stats, just as with all of the equipment. It also improves his magic, though, once again, not by enough to make it at all worth casting a spell; the boost is negligible. It also reduces mana costs to nothing, which would be great . . . if only Dyce had such an ability that costs anything. Its main asset is that it can be used to teleport things to and from his vaults back home. While things of any size can go into and teleport from it (Think Mary Poppins.), it is ineffective for living subjects.

imagesCA2DUBP5.jpg
imagesCA2DUBP5.jpg (2.13 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
The rest of the items can use the following pic for reference:
Cleansing Guards (the red guards on his limbs): These turn hostile energies away to a limited degree. Mainly, this is just to make special weapons act like normal weapons against him, repelling energies that would cut through his armor back into the weapon. That means that he can indeed perform a shirahadori on your weapons with supposedly supreme energies, your vorpal blades, and whatnot. Aside from that, they simply raise his defense and resistance along with his evasive reflexes, but none of those boosts make much of a difference at all.

Hallowed Plates: They're just like Sacred Guards, but without the evasion boost, but they also slightly improve his speed, from "utterly appalling" to "disgusting," simply put.

Sacred Tunic: This grants great physical defense and bestows Dycedarg with a great boost to his maximum health. Also, it has an innate "Spellbound" ability, increasing the duration of status effects (positive and negative) on Dyce by 10 seconds.. This stacks additively with the "Spellbound" ability that Dyce also has.

Dawn Vest: It protects Dycedarg's neck from side attacks. It also grants a good boost to defense and a lesser boost to resistance and evasive reflexes. The main function of this is that it teleports air into his respiratory system at all times, so he doesn't have to breathe toxins when surrounded by them, and he can breathe when submerged in a non-air substance. Finally, it halves the chance of instant-death or instant-knockout effects on him. (Roll a two-sided die and get a 2 to confirm success if other conditions for success are met, including superiority over the "Ribbon" ability.)

Northswain's Cape: It can be used as a shield against physical and metaphysical attacks, and it slightly improves evasion, though, once again, not enough to make him capable of evading most anything. Other effects may be discovered.
Dycedarg will eventually find that these can be transformed into wings, though the flight will be only 1.5 times as fast as his running, and pretty redundant with his other stuff.
Teleportation Powder: Stored in pouches that Dycedarg seems to have an infinite supply of, this does just as one would expect. Although it is powder, it can not be removed by any means, apparently, except that it mysteriously fades out of existence after 25 hours. Dycedarg scatters this in a circle around him. At his will, the powder glows and forms a rune (Reference that of the Black Knight in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and FE: Radiant Dawn for looks. Also, the rune that Marth and Ike use to enter a battle in Super Smash Bros Brawl is the same.) that teleports anywhere that he has set a circle of the stuff before. However, it can not alter spacial properties, and thus can not be used to transverse dimensions, so this can not get Dyce home. It can work anywhere in Sein, though. As a note to a property that one will probably see very little use of, the powder can float or sink at will when placed on a liquid or plasmic substance. Despite this, there are several places that this can not be placed for very long, such as places with the proper wards, and many places that this doesn't work at all, including, but not limited to, any space that Dyce can not normally traverse on, such as midair or lava. It also does not work in any place that could be classified as part of a town/guild as well as shops. Other places may forbid its use, as well, depending on varying conditions. It's hard to say exactly how the power does or does not work; Dycedarg refuses to reveal its origin. It clearly has some sort of curse that prevents its usage from being too extensive, but that's about all that can be said.[/color]
"I am the Almagest, and I am the Divine Conqueror! Only I am fit to rule!"

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

I really intended it mainly for utility purposes, and I forgot to mention that the rune glowing thing takes a couple seconds, so it's impractical in battle. If I edit that in, is it savvy?

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Zyphos
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by Zyphos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Hmmm... It still seems a little unfair... Edit in that there will be places it won't work, or at least where the powder won't stay permanently... Then it'll be good.
"They called me a traitor, but what they did not realize is this is not my country anymore. Now, my only loyalty is to my crew and to the sea."
Time for a fight!
phpBB [media]
A crew of traitors...
phpBB [media]
The cold command
phpBB [media]
A prayer
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, I kinda' forgot to add those limits, so there we are.

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Zyphos
Guild:

Post by Zyphos » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Approved
"They called me a traitor, but what they did not realize is this is not my country anymore. Now, my only loyalty is to my crew and to the sea."
Time for a fight!
phpBB [media]
A crew of traitors...
phpBB [media]
The cold command
phpBB [media]
A prayer
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Anyone else wanna' look this over, since Max is gone?

Why I Do Things

Rising to Vainglory

Silver Fenrir
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=427
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=437
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=440
Guild:

Post by Silver Fenrir » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Looks good to me
"Those who don't accept what they are can never find peace"

Curse of the Werewolf
phpBB [media]

Baroque and Beats
phpBB [media]

Down to the Gallows
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Approved?

Silver Fenrir
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=427
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=437
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=440
Guild:

Post by Silver Fenrir » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah approved
"Those who don't accept what they are can never find peace"

Curse of the Werewolf
phpBB [media]

Baroque and Beats
phpBB [media]

Down to the Gallows
phpBB [media]

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks.

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:48 am

While proofreading, I figured that I should add a note that an earth affinity on the Runeblade is shown in green, in case anyone was wondering.
I also made a teeny-tiny content edit (I slightly rephrased or expounded upon a couple points. It's worth re-reading, but this is the only actual change.): Teleportation Powder now mysteriously fades out of existence after 25 hours of being placed. The effective gameplay change of this is essentially nothing. I mean, there's no cleanup issue in case, for some reason, Dycedarg starts spraying powder everywhere, and he does have to stop to re-apply powder if he wants to maintain a whole lot of free transportation, so it's more of a convenience issue than a balancing issue.
If you couldn't tell, this is so insignificant that I have no issues with approving this change, at least until someone else reviews this and brings up an issue.

Dycedarg
Lv1
Guild:

Post by Dycedarg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:24 am

I hate having to stagger my workload like this. As a result of being in the middle of proofreading my ability list, I decided to make a couple more tiny changes, nothing to content, but noteworthy to anyone who has read this previously. I'll just show you.
Before:
Dycedarg has one of each of the following katana, which he uses for his Iaido abilities, but is too proud, dimwitted, and tunnel-envisioned to use them for anything else:
Ashura, Kotetsu, Osafune, Murasame, Ame-no-Murakumo, Kiyomori, Muramasa, Kiku-ichimonji, and Masamune
After:
Dycedarg has one of each of the following katana, which he uses for his Iaido abilities, but is too proud, dimwitted, and tunnel-envisioned to use them for anything else: Ashura, Kotetsu, Osafune, Murasame, Ama-no-Murakumo, Kiyomori, Muramasa, Kiku-ichimonji, and Masamune. They are recognizable by appearances that are seen here. Note: Ashura is under the "Ninja Swords" section. The others are under "Katana." Dyce's are all considered to be katana.
Ame-no-Murakumo will also be renamed to Ama-no-Murakumo in his ability list. It's just a little more accurate to its origin.

Return to “Inventory”