The Bering Straight

Equipment, ammo, vehicles, and other items are to be posted here for approval before your character is fully approved for gameplay.
Terah
Posts in topic: 10
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=446
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=447
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=448
Guild:

The Bering Straight

Post by Terah » Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Bering Straight Katana
The Bering Straight Katana was passed down to Terah by her father Techyoken, it is crafted from a blade made of Luna Titanium with a fine coating of beautifully decorated red engravings. The Blade has it's own Mana and Magic Power stat that mimics that of Terah's. However the mana within the blade can only be used for the Dragon Twister and can only be used once per hour and increases one use per level.

Dragon Twister

The Dragon Twister is the Bering Straight's technique. The Bering Straight unleashes a large, violent, and powerful wave of barely visible tornadoes of slicing wind that sweeps up everything caught in its path and slices it relentlessly.

Uses: Mana, Magic Power

Luna Titanium

Luna Titanium is a unique compound which can only be produced in the zero-gravity conditions of space, as far as those of Sweetwater knew. In addition to its incredible strength and being several times the strength and heat-resistance of normal titanium, Luna Titanium alloy is also electrically non-conductive and cannot be or magnetized. However, this material is expensive and difficult to manufacture, making it unfeasible for mass production. Luna Titanium is created through the most advanced refining, fusing, and deoxidizing techniques, which are only possible in space. The complex formula was first called Luna, short for Localization of Ultra Neutral Alloy. Later the Titanium was added to distinguish that alloy from other similar alloys that were being developed.
Last edited by Terah on Fri May 27, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"The only thing I can see is a fight, and if it's a fight, then count me in. Let's do this

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Leesai
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Leesai » Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Point One; Ceramic? Not that strong. Women use it on their fingernails, and it still breaks. If it's 'razor sharp', then it's not very strong. You might want to consider coating it with something else.
Point Two; Heat is NOT fire. Heat is one of the basic elements of fire, but if you want to absorb and expel fire, then it should say 'fire absorption/explusion', not heat. Two TOTALLY different things.
Point Three; Dragon Twister, Heat Absorption, and Heat Expulsion need to have limits. They can't just have infinite use; Also, what do they use of yours to be able to do that? They can't just randomly have the ability to do whatever... it has to draw on something of yours, be it chakra or whatever.

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Wed May 25, 2011 8:58 pm

It draw on heat, if Terah fight's someone without "heat" based abilities such as fire, the sword doesn't use those abilities. I'll work on the Dragon Twsiter after I finish the allies one.
"The only thing I can see is a fight, and if it's a fight, then count me in. Let's do this

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Leesai

Post by Leesai » Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Heat is still not fire. If you draw on heat, then you put out that fire, but you can't make more of it yourself. It really appears as though you want to be expelling and absorbing fire, not heat; and if so, you really need to specify fire.

Silver Fenrir
Posts in topic: 2
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=427
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=437
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=440
Guild:

Post by Silver Fenrir » Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Overview of The Bering Straight

Dragon Twister - More powerful than Sengekyo Tenkyoken? Sengekyo Tenkyoken is already overpowered putting this as extremely overpowered. Having 5 tornadoes is a good number; however, the fact that they are invisible basically makes them and autohit so you should at least make them remotely visible so that people can see their locations. Also what does this move go on? Chakra? Mana? Something else?

Heat Absorption - This should probably be changed to Fire Absorption as heat does not dictate fire. You can absorb as much heat out of a fire attack as you want but the fire will still hit you. All it is is a simple term change so no big deal. How hot can the katana get before being too hot to hold?

Heat Expulsion - Since this ability releases the heat in the form of fire it makes even more sense now to change Heat Absorption to Fire Absorption. Also changing this name to Fire Expulsion would be good as well.

Heated Dragon Twister - What temperature is considered "extreme temperature"? It's good that the twister in this ability is visible unlike in the regular Dragon Twister; however, since our posts don't have any real time factors you probably shouldn't put a time measurement on the un-useability of the katana after the ability is performed.
"Those who don't accept what they are can never find peace"

Curse of the Werewolf
phpBB [media]

Baroque and Beats
phpBB [media]

Down to the Gallows
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by K » Wed May 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Actually, we do run on temporal concepts, here. I much prefer time limits to post limits, since posts don't have set time frames.

Also, you should probably cut out the fire stuff altogether; you have average stats, so an elemental advantage wouldn't be reasonable.

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 pm

I've removed the heat features and changed the ceramic to just white carbon steel.

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Laola
Posts in topic: 4
Money: $280
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26
Guild:

Post by Laola » Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Okay, but I'm warning you that your sword won't last very long without being made of a much tougher material... Excactly how does your Dragon Twister use your SPD?
"Had you any faith, you could succeed tremendously."

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Thu May 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Can is be made from Luna Titanium?

A unique compound which can only be produced in the zero-gravity conditions of space. In addition to its incredible strength--several times the strength and heat-resistance of titanium, Luna Titanium alloy is electrically non-conductive and cannot be detected or magnatized. However, this material is expensive and difficult to manufacture, making it unfeasible for mass production. Luna Titanium is created through the most advanced refining, fusing, and deoxidizing techniques, which are only possible in space. The complex formula was first called GND, short for Localized on Universal Nano-steel Alloy. Later the Titanium was added to distinguish that alloy from other similar alloys that were being developed.

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Leesai

Post by Leesai » Thu May 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Please clarify 'cannot be detected'

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 pm

I'll just remove that to make it fair.

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Laola
Posts in topic: 4
Money: $280
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26
Guild:

Post by Laola » Fri May 27, 2011 12:08 am

State that it's only possible in space as far as those in Sweetwater knew, correct "magnatized" to "magnetized", and the only flaws are a couple punctuation errors, which aren't what we evaluate for approval, so that's fine. Well, other than that, where did the "GND" acronym come from?
"Had you any faith, you could succeed tremendously."

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 am

GND random letters. LTM, LNT. LNT works best.

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Kaito Inaki
Posts in topic: 1
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=416
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=417
Guild:

Post by Kaito Inaki » Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 am

Hmm when Dragon Twister....Im guessing this will generally take alot more Mana seeing how your Sengekyo Tenkyoken takes like 95% mana i believe this will take up 100% and will make you weak for a while right? Cuz it seems really unfair to have now downside to this after it has been casted.
Insanity's Prisoner -Main Theme-
phpBB [media]

Insanity's Brawler -Battle Theme-
phpBB [media]

Broken Seal -Vs. Released Dragon-
phpBB [media]

Terah
Guild:

Post by Terah » Fri May 27, 2011 9:23 am

Changed it so it wasn't more powerful.

Let's Do This
phpBB [media]

Return to “Inventory”