Emperor's Cache

Equipment, ammo, vehicles, and other items are to be posted here for approval before your character is fully approved for gameplay.
Dragon of the West
Posts in topic: 12
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=481
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=484
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494
Guild:

Re: Emperor's Cache

Post by Dragon of the West » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:59 am

OK put in the ability to triple load and the limitations to it.
Leave it to Chance!!! (Main Theme):
phpBB [media]

Emperor's Rise (Battle Theme):
phpBB [media]

When it Ends (Dragon Battle):
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Posts in topic: 11
Money: $303
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=475
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=483
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=492
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 am

"The bow can actually hold arrows like if they were ammunition." This part still hurts my brain.
The piercing effect still needs a better explanation. If the armor incorporates its defense intrinsically into the wearer, will this have any effect? If not, this really sounds like a piercethrough effect.
Um, you still have the disorientation part in there... Also, with the Charge 3 part, what if the target isn't pierced by the arrow, but still takes the hit (and, presumably, the damage)? Does the Kb factor somehow become altered by the tissue damage difference, or do you just mean that it hits with an increased KB factor?

You really should tone down the ammo count quite a bit more. Look at Leilani; she has a lot of ammo, but the total for all of her different arrows and bolts is less than just two accounts of your arrows. All three of my little triumvirate have bows, and all of them have 3,000 arrows, right? They have simple arrows, so their 3,000-count quivers are considered to hold a rather large starting amount. You have more than that of your basic arrows and more of that of your fire arrows, not even looking at the others.

You say that the fire arrows limit you to Charge 2 when equipped, eh? That could work, though I'd recommend just going with what it was, but saying that higher charges presently count for Charge 2 abilities, for the fire and ice arrows. This also eliminates the following discrepency: You made that work for the fire arrows, but the ice arrows are still akimbo.

Speaking of the charges, I kinda' figured that it started at Charge 1, but now, I'm not so sure... Does it start at 0 or 1? It sure seems like it starts at 1... If it starts at 0, do the elemental arrows lack their elemental properties if fired without charging?

Fire Arrows: That's not exactly a big explosion, but it's still big enough that you should reduce your ammo count for this arrow by quite a lot and/or reduce the explosion size.

Ice Arrows: See Fire Arrows.

Light Arrows: Okay, so what causes them to explode? If it's impact, is it a magical effect that keeps them from inflicting physical damage? It can be remote, proximity, impact, a combination, or whatever, but you have to give those specs.

Dark Arrows: That's an awfully big explosion. You'll fully coat several enemies, immobilizing and disabling them for several seconds with only one arrow. It sounds cool, but also quite overpowered for something that you start with so many of. I'd tone down the explosion area (probably to just a foot or so, so that it only partially hinders an enemy, as it sounds like the original intent was) and the ammo count. Also, I'm assuming that this one does deal dark-elemental, physical damage.

Aside from the Light Arrows, are their power factor differences?
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:11 am

Better, but I see that you still have a post measure for the charge times, rather than actual time meaurements.

Light Arrows: These aren't really anything like Fire Arrows... >> You should rephrase the last sentence; say that the explosions are impact-induced, but the impacts have a magical effect that prevents physical damage from the arrows. The way that you have it now is all over the place. Also, I'm assuming that the duration of its effect depends on the target's mental and physical capabilities, so a particularly smart char can ignore these with fair immediance, while a char with low or adjustable sensitivity to light and sound can have pretty much no problem whatsoever. Is this so, or is there a set duration on the disorientation?

Dark Arrows: These are also nothing like your Fire Arrows... I'm assuming that the tar explosion damages initially (as a single hit), but does not deal continuous damage, right? Also, you'll need o give purification properties, as decribed in my recent post in the Clarification thread. Other than that, I don't see much problem with them, other than what's coming up in just a bit.

You need to tone down your ammo count more. You have some pretty nice arrows (wide area effects, free Pale Coffin strikes, good disorientation, fire weakness with dark damage and binding), and you have WAY more than anyone else by far. A total of 3,000 would be a bit much, since you have a lot more than just basic arrows, but to have 3,000 basic arrows with several thousand greater arrows is more than a little excessive.

The arrows' charge-based effects have a good enough explanation (although the wording may be confusing to some), but do they retain their Charge 1 effects when charged more? Will the initial impacts of fire and ice arrows still be of their respective elements, or just the explosions? For the ice arrows, does the explosion also have the Pale Coffin effect, is it just the arrow (assuming that the previous question's answer was the former option), or neither (assuming the latter answer to the previous question)?

You still haven't clarified if there are any power factor differences, so they will all be assumed as average. You really should read that guide over, bro.

By the way, if the bow can hold up to 500, where are the rest?
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Dragon of the West
Guild:

Post by Dragon of the West » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

I did clarify the arrows power factors O_O on the arrow section where i said they'll be described, after that it says that all the arrows have the same average power factor like the Dwarven arrows
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Dragon of the West
Guild:

Post by Dragon of the West » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:13 pm

and with that im done editing and hope i got everything :)
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Ah, didn't see that part.

I'm tired of repeating myself. Read things over and see what you're missing.

Light Arrows: Now, it sounds like they deal magical damage. -_-

Dark Arrows: Savvy, but the count is still way too high. You can have 2,000 dwarven arrows, but that means that the others should be only a few hundred each, and the Dark Arrows should be especially low.
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Dragon of the West
Guild:

Post by Dragon of the West » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok for effect arrow count is 500 for each one ok but only 300 for dark arrows ok?
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Reduce the dwarven arrows by 1,000, and you've got a deal.
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Dragon of the West
Guild:

Post by Dragon of the West » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 am

*smiles slyly and pets Tixxi's head* Alright then :)
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac