Adler's Arsenal

Equipment, ammo, vehicles, and other items are to be posted here for approval before your character is fully approved for gameplay.
Adler Fiachra
Posts in topic: 3
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=499
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=498
Guild:

Adler's Arsenal

Post by Adler Fiachra » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:23 am

Shape-shifter Weapon Ai:

After transporting Adler and himself, Ai was in an extremely weak state and in order to keep himself from dying he had to take on a less demanding form. The form in which he took was that of a pitch black raven that was comparable in appearance to a silhouette of a raven. Much more than other beings affected by The Plague he can shift his form into a number of useful things from the practical to the illogical. Since becoming a weapon of sorts for Adler Ai usually takes the form of a variety of weapons like an axe, dagger, sword, hammer, bow & arrow, boomerang, and spear among other forms. He also can change into the form of any weapon he has seen though he does not have the abilities of weapons he takes the form of. Since becoming a raven and also Adler's weapon the physical make-up of Ai has changed from the normal flesh and bone of an organism to something as hard as adamantite but with more of the consistency that hardened concrete has. There are a few side effects of wielding Ai such as infection by The Plague and being rendered genderless as with all Plague victims.

Appearance:
Raven Ai.jpg
Raven Ai.jpg (66.01 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Abilities:

Plague Infection: The dagger form of Ai causes the recipient of a cut to be infected by The Plague; however, since The Plague's core isn't in this world it doesn't have the same effect. The effect it has on Houcm is that it acts as a localized mutagen when it enters an organisms body. When the infection enters the body the bones in the immediate area grow bone spikes off of them tearing up through the muscle and skin. This mutation only last for a second or two before the bone returns to normal.

Plague Leech: Ai partially envelopes one of Adler's hands with his body and the other end of Ai becomes about a head sized mouth lined with sharp teeth. In this form Ai can bite down into any part of an opponent and ingest a small portion of their cells which can be used to copy one opponent's ability for the rest of the fight. This can also be done with an opponent's weapon to copy one of its abilities; however, only one single ability can be leeched per battle and Adler/Ai have to have seen the ability used at least once in the battle.

Plague Underskin: This ability functions as a form of defense and attack in one. Ai enters into the body of Adler and then moves around just under the skin in order to reduce the damage from hits and act as an internal armor. While this ability is in effect the only way Ai can be used offensively is by moving itself into a body part of Adler's that is being used to strike the opponent making the part harder and improving damage a bit. This ability take a few seconds to activate since Adler basically has to swallow a raven and it also takes about ten seconds to deactivate since Ai has to crawl up Adler's throat so this ability can't be activated or deactivated quickly.

Plague Healing: This ability can be used to heal large wounds and other such severe injuries on Adler's body. It works by having Ai use part of his body to act as a scab of sorts to stop bleeding and allowing the wound to be better managed and heal faster; however, using this ability reduces the strength of Ai proportional to the severity of the wound healed.

Gear:

Healing Potions: Moderate amount of HE healed (25)
Mana Potions: Moderate amount of mana restored (20)
Wrapped Meals (5)
Canteen (full)
Changes of Clothes (2)
Violin and bow (1)
Single Strap Backpack (holds all other gear)
"I'm what you'd call cheerfully mad"

Cheerful Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Madness Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Choh Lehko
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=278
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=279
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=280
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 am

In the case of the bow and arrow form, I'm guessing that the arrow part is magically retrieved to reunite with the rest of Ai's "body," nee?

Plague Infection: Ooh, nice way to increase tissue damage by quite a bit. I like.

Plague Leech: Also nice. Maybe add a tiny cost to PS/HE... Ah, it's limited enough that it doesn't need much of an extra cost.

Plague Underskin: Dude, nice. The difference won't be very big, but it's still good for slight improvements, no? I like.

Plague Healing: This part gets me, though. It's a strong healing method for tissue damage, but it sacrifices STR? Does it sacrifice STR for a certain time limit, or is it a permanent sacrifice, so it'll only be for abslute emergencies? Maybe you meant this to be a PS sacrifice. I dunno'. I'm lost.
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

Adler Fiachra
Guild:

Post by Adler Fiachra » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:55 am

For the bow and arrow it works sorta oddly in that right before the arrow comes off the bowstring the bow part of the weapon breaks down and collects into the arrow as it starts to fly. The arrow in the bow is initially about as big a round as a wire but then once it all comes together in the arrow the shaft of said arrow is about the thickness of two fingers or so.

Plague Leech: What do you mean by a tiny cost to PS/HE?

Plague Healing: Basically it's only for emergencies when he has a serious wound that needs to be treated fast. The strength drops because part of Ai's body is merged with Adler's leaving less of Ai's body to be made into weapons so they tend to be weaker and not able to strike with as much strength. The decrease in strength lasts until the part of Ai's body is removed from the wound.

I hope that clears that up a bit.

Cheerful Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Madness Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Choh Lehko
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:02 am

Oh, you jacked one of my favorite firing concepts! Awesome!

Plague Leech: Well, I figured that you may want to spend a little PS or HE in order to copy an ability, but since it's limited to one ability per battle, since it doesn't steal the ability, but just copies it, since it wears off at the end of a battle, and since it requires a successful bite, it's limited enough that it doesn't really need a cost.

Plauge Healing: Ah, okay, so it's a temporary fix for an equal cost; you still have to wait for your body to get patched up properly, but this allows you to sacrifice some STR to keep you alive until you can get some mending. Shininess.

Yup, clear. Approved.
Solemn Berserker
phpBB [media]

Instinctual Mastery
phpBB [media]

Monstrous Legend
phpBB [media]

Flair of Flare!
phpBB [media]

Adler Fiachra
Guild:

Post by Adler Fiachra » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 am

Okay cool though I plan to add some other things to this list such as potions, gear, and other things so it's not quite finished yet.

Cheerful Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Madness Battle Theme:
phpBB [media]

Choh Lehko