Cleaning for the Onions

This is the meadow that the pikmin onions land in. It was momentarily cleared of foes, then monoliths were placed to deter enemies from immediately flooding back in, which is not to say that there are no creatures to be found; quite a few can be seen coming in from the dark mountains that surround the meadow daily. People come here to get their onions and start their armies of pikmin with the help of the Pikmaster. Ironically, the ground here is horrible for planting onions, as well as anything else that grows underground. Its location is just south of the Fogsea Wasteland.
K
Posts in topic: 5
Guild:

Cleaning for the Onions

Post by K » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:23 am

-Those onions have been hovering out there for a while, now, I think to myself. That one pikmin-lover had theorized that the onions are looking for a safe spot to land. It makes sense, but there are quite a few areas that could fit them individually. What if they are looking for a place to fit them all? It was dumbfounding, as pikmin onions didn't seem to have a problem with landing alone, before. That "Pikmaster" and I were agreed on the matter. Still, what if that was the case? Maybe they want an area that's clear enough for them all to land because they want a backup in case individual landings don't go so well, or to test the planet to see if landing anywhere is safe before they start landing where they want. Pikmaster hadn't thought of that. It almost seems like the onions couldn't be smart enough to think ahead like that, but, then, I've seen an awful lot of complexities in animals' processes just by their instincts, so I don't see why the onions can't be so advanced. It still seems odd that they appear to be so bent on landing on Guild World, but those're the breaks. Maybe they don't like Houcm because of the darkwalls. I take a deep breath and exhale loudly.-

Haaa . . .

-Leave it to a monster like me to find the Miasma to be nutritional. I'm messing around in the Dead Zone, blasting some monsters for fun, grabbing some treasures, planting them and some other treasures in other places . . .-

All right, you glorified spaceships; if you're too picky to land in the Fogsea Wasteland or Sandstone Hollows, I guess that I'll just make a nice landing site for you. This had better work.

-I raise my right hand, and everything in an expansive region is driven away: monsters, treasures, structures, and all. I clutch my fist, and some light portals appear in the sky. As though to pull objects down through them, my arm yanks downward, resulting in the fall of some giant, clear crystals. These crystals generate Mist to counteract Miasma, so that will keep this region more habitable. Those alone won't do, though. Still floating there, not far from the center of the area, I tuck into a couple backflips, then rise and lift my clawed hands in order to command some monoliths to rise in seemingly random spots around the perimeter. They basically look the same as the stone signs in Okami games, but with different colors, no visible markings, and about 15 meters tacked onto their heights. The most normal-looking, stone grey one will eventually draw in docile wildlife to the area. The red one with dark cracks all over just lessens impacts of all sorts, reducing damage, flinch factors, and KB factors all very slightly. The glossy, blue one is to deter monsters. While it won't actively combat entrants, monsters who draw near to the region will just get an, "Eh, let's not waste our time here; let's go cause trouble elsewhere," feeling. The coarse-looking, green one will make the land fertile and give the air a pleasant humidity. I can already see grass growing all over, even though it's autumn. ((This occurs in the recent past.)) The yellow rock with random lines running all over it helps everyone in the area to very slowly regenerate their stamina. It's not enough to make them never have to rest or anything, but it makes travel and everyday life a tad easier. The hazy, purple one just makes everyone in the area naturally calmer. The orange one, which looks as though it's made of sediment, makes the area resistant to seasons; although the seasons will still pass and cause some changes, winter won't be devastating, and summer won't be scorching. Of course, this also means that spring won't be incredibly productive, nor will autumn result in such a mass withering. The brown one that looks like it has dents in it gives everyone what I like to call the "male shopping" complex, also known as the "get your shit and get out" complex. This will further deter monsters, since they don't generally have a specific reason to be here, and it will keep people from making it too crowded. I'll just give the Pikmaster an immunity emblem, if he wants it. The shiny, white monolith regulates the Mist dispersal from the crystals, ensuring a safe Miasma-Mist balance throughout the land, while the dull, black one regulates the affected area (and thereby condenses the effects) of all the crystals and monoliths, so that the new meadow is the new, pleasant region, while the dark mountains that surround it are still part of the Dead Zone. This really seems like a good place to start farming pikmin, to me. I just float over to the nearest crystal and sit on it, waiting around.-

Chaosreigns
Posts in topic: 3
Guild:

Post by Chaosreigns » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 am

#A grey sphere appears by K, out of which walked Chaosreigns. She sat by K.#

Whatcha' up to?

NPA
Posts in topic: 6
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:30 am

(v)Right on cue, the Pikmaster darted into the meadow, as though he saw the whole event coming. In actual fact, he happened to be just off the south border of the Fogsea Wasteland when all the shininess started. He was in time to watch some onions come into view, appear to bounce around in the air, and find some random areas to land and deactivate.(v)

It has begun! Finally!

(v)Out of who-knows-where, our pikmin-loving friend grabbed a grey object. It looked like a pikmin head with no face, its stem straightened, and its leaf in the form of a small seed. He stuck the seed in his mouth, and the head popped outward, revealing that it was the bell of some manner of horn. No sooner was the horn formed than it was blasting out what sounded like a deepened version of the classic pikmin "WOOOO!" Just a moment later, as soon as Pikmaster stopped blowing into the seed, the sound ceased, and the head folded back into form. In response, one of the inactive onions zipped over to him (like a marble in Pikmin 2's multiplayer when a marble recovery item is used) and sat 10 meters away.(v)

Huzzah!

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:31 am

-After a pause to watch the event unfold with my friend, I answer her in the most profound manner possible.-

That.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Chaosreigns
Guild:

Post by Chaosreigns » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:38 am

#Chaosreigns giggles a bit.#

Smooth. How did you know that this would work?

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 am

(v)The Pikmaster's face expressed remarkable jubilee. He bounced through the meadow pleasantly, observing all. A multitude of onions, these ones being active, landed around Pikmaster. He darted around to stand under each of them and mentally call down a seemingly incomprehensible army of pikmin, which then, apparently by his wishes, began to dig a little den right about where he was standing. Pikmaster bolted around to go check out the crystals and monoliths, scanning and otherwise observing each of them. The way that the pikis followed him, dropping off at various intervals to dig other dens, it looked as though Pikmaster was shitting a rainbow as he flew across the land.(v)

I just may make this land my home! It's as though it was formed specifically to be ideal conditions for the start of pikmin armies, which I can help others get going! It's a dream come true!

(v)He didn't mean to sound melodramatic, but he was clearly elated. His mind ran wild.(v)

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:01 am

Call it a hunch. Are you busy? I was thinking about heading over to Keirs-Nec`lon for some neclecnahaj, if you want to join. Everyone else has shit to do.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Chaosreigns
Guild:

Post by Chaosreigns » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 am

Not particularly. Okay; let's go, then. -^_^- Chaos Control!

#She left immediately in a grey bubble-burst. Chaosreigns always enjoyed some good neclecnahaj.#

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:32 pm

(v)Pikmaster continued his rounds, bolting around to take it all in. The crystals were obviously just there to counteract Miasma. The monoliths didn't have anything to block scans, per sé, but Pikmaster still couldn't nail down every detail, such as the magnitudes of their influences. The blue one . . . implemented some sort of mental deterrence to monsters? This yellow rock just seemed to have a relaxing effect, but so does the purple one! Uh, maybe I'll just wait for someone else to check those out . . . The Pikmaster stopped at the orange one. Now, I'm really lost. I think that it has something to do with the seasons, but what . . .? Pikmaster waited to just stare at and study it for a short while.(v)

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 pm

(v)Pretty soon, that "get your shit and get out" feeling was getting to Pikmaster. He was conflicted. There was so much to do, here, but he felt like he should just get his pikis and get out. Reluctantly, he turned around to round up his pikmin and go out north.(v)

K
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 pm

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

(v)Pikmaster looked to his right and located a treasure chest that he had somehow overlooked. He walked over to it, pushed it open, reached inside and obtained the- . . .!(v)

K
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:20 pm

-Emblem of Runic Immunity! Scans indicate that it moderately boosts RES and grants immunity to various magical effects. Further specification is unavailable to Pikmaster at this time, but donning it will render him immune to the driving-away effect of that stone.-

Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:58 am

(v)Pikmaster checked the emblem out, then put it on. Immediately, he felt right at home.(v)

Oh, sweet!

(v)He did move on to round up some pikmin that were finished digging, but only to continue tromping around the fields while dropping some off for more den-building. He pulled a small, rainbow-covered notebook out of his cargo pants. Reciting recent details from memory, he took notes of his observations and started to map the area out. His memory was good enough that he didn't have to start note-taking as soon as he got here, but he didn't want to push it.(v)

Return to “Onion Meadow”