Gathering ingredients

Though this is such a green, bright meadow, it is so barren of life beyond the grass. Not a single structure, not a thing at all is here except that one great tree in the center. Its size contributes to the feeling of emptiness that it incites. While non-grass plants can be magically made to grow here and creatures do travel through, nothing really seems to stick.
Bianca
Posts in topic: 6
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238
Factions: $
Guild:

Gathering ingredients

Post by Bianca » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Leilani led them to this giant field of green, which Bianca's brown eyes grew wide to look at. Her arm unlinked from Leilani's to run ahead and grow excited by the sun and huge field. It was lovely, as Bianca had never seen a meadow so large that looked as it were manicured every day. At her excitement, usually a flower or two would blossom out of the ground, but none seemed to be appearing. After a good bouncing, Bianca looked to Leilani curiously, "Umm...how come there aren't any kind of shrubbery or trees around...? Does someone keep this meadow so clean?"

Leilani
Posts in topic: 13
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 am

"Not sure. They call it the Void Meadow because it's so empty. K said that people have theorized that the Hydra Yggdrasil, the big tree in the center, is just sapping all the nutrients, but that didn't explain everything."

She said this while pointing at the tree that could be seen for miles and miles.

"One thing that throws that theory is the fact that plants that have been forced to grow, such as by plant manipulators such as yourself, have been just fine until eaten by the wildlife or otherwise spent."

((Go ahead and make junk bloom in your next post; the Void Meadow doesn't disable growth so completely, but simply has no natural growth of its own volition. As to why, that's presently a subject of much study at Xuten and the Atypical Institution.))

Lei kept her eyes keen for said wildlife, but couldn't see so much as a goblin, right now...
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Bianca
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am

Bianca's brown eyes looked to the Hydra Yggdrasil, keeping them there for a moment. The tree was definitely interesting, but a full diagnosis wouldn't be possible this far away. "Well that's good it can at least be grown by people like myself...I'd worry about out food if not." Bianca gave a glowing smile, then bent down upon the grass. Her hands gathered some soil in a small plot and then glowed a light, minty green. It took only a few seconds before Bianca could remove her hands and two sprouts were already growing. She left this to tend to itself while she gathered another plot of earth and two sprouts of grew under her hands once again. In those short moments, the other two sprouts were almost done growing. If Leilani could look closely, she would see an appearance of a dull orange. These were the carrots. The other two sprouts were interestingly beginning to grow upwards in a stalk, similar to corn. A bulb at the bottom began to grow larger and larger and before you knew it, the garlic was grown in full, as was the carrots. Bianca grasped the two green attachments and pulled, grabbing the carrots out of the ground. They were exceptional examples, as were the garlic next to them which had now grown into full fruit. She detached those as well, cradling the vegetables in her arms as she got up. "All done."

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Lei was focused more on watching for any movement while walking forth than the plants, but she was glad that Bianca had them done quickly.

"Yeah, and food is what we came here for. Fish is much better with veggies."

She stood and looked about. There was still nothing...

"Here, put those in my hip-pack; it stores as much as we want. We can go toward the tree, and if we don't see anything along the way, we may see something there."

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Bianca
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

"As much as we want?" Bianca thought. She did not disobey though and opened Leilani's bag and placed the carrots and garlic inside. Bianca turned to the tree now, giving a small smile. "That would be nice to check out the tree there...I'm sure there's something interesting going on in the inside.." Bianca blushed a little and was happy to know she was obtaining a chance to do this. "And to hunt too of course..."

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 am

Lei nodded and headed toward the Hydra Yggdrasil. She thought for a bit as they advanced...

"K didn't say much about the tree; I wonder if you can get inside it at all."

She wondered if Bianca had some ability that would get her into the tree specially, despite some sort of barrier than the tree had... Maybe if Bianca didn't, someone else did, or... maybe the insides were just uneventful insides of a tree...

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Bianca
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

"I usually can, but since it's such a large and special tree, it might even have developed a mind of its own..." They were growing closer and closer to the big tree now. It looked even more magnificent as they got closer. Meanwhile, Bianca still looked around to see if there was some kind of animal that Leilani could hunt.

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 pm

A mind of its own... Yeah, maybe someone's mind got infused into it or something...

"Hm, that could be... I still don't hear, smell, feel, or see anything..."

It was odd for a viera to be lacking sensory of a hunt. Actually, it was more than odd; it was rather unsettling...

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Bianca
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Connecting effortlessly with the frass of the plain, it too agreed with Leilani. There was nothing along this place, despite what appeared to be a limited amount of food source. "I don't either...sort of...eerie in a way.." she said quietl. They were approaching the tree now...

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

"Yeah... Well, there is one man on the other side of the tree. It's the android that I fought before. I'll head off and keep my eyes open for a hunt while you converse with him. If you have any prblems, just... whistle."

She was going to tell Bianca to scream or something, but that seemed to be inevitable, anyway.

((This provides a smooth and humorous segue to your other thread, no? This way, once it ends, you can re-join this thread after Lei's done some hunting around. No, I don't mean that you're not allowed to post here until I say that it's okay, silly.))

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Bianca
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 am

(( Hehe..okay. I will post when I am done with that thread. -^_^-...))

NPA
Posts in topic: 7
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Suddenly from out of the clear blue sky a buzzing blurry shape appears. A rare superfastjellyfish has appeared in the meadow!

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Lei stared into the distance at the superfastjellyfish. Did a jellyfish just appear out of bloody nowhere and start rapidly swimming through the air? Yes. Yes, it did. OKAY, then...

"I'm coming to get you, you germy bastard..."

Lei ran forth with both weapons Primed [Ballistics] while listening for a whistle and keeping her eye on the superfastjellyfish.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Posts in topic: 7
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Suddening the superfastjellyfish begins spinning rappidly and vibrating! It begins to disappear and reappear all over the meadow in some form of evasive action.

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:40 am

"What-... What is that thing doing...?"

Why was it darting around? Could the little bastage already know that she intended to hunt it? Maybe it was some manner of ritual that it would use to summon help... Naw, Lei was probably overthinking it. Her pace slowed to a halt, as no direction could any longer be considered as a correct path toward the foe. There had to be some manner of pattern to its movements, so Lei simply stood there and watched it, spending some extra charge of her Master Tiara to expand her radar's radius.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Return to “Void Meadow”