Lost Shadow

This southern beach of fused light and darkness is bathed in consistent twilight. It is enchanted by an ever-present moon, Sidu, and its solar counterpart, Jek. The waters are as black as the rest of the Abyssal Sea.
Ceodore Wolfgang
Posts in topic: 100
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=412
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=413
Guild:

Lost Shadow

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:13 pm

-Komolo would wash ashore onto the chaos beach. Eyes blood shot, blood falling from his head, and his coat's hood draped over his face. His hands are raw with cuts and bruises, the bottom of his coat ripped at the bottom. He would begin to crawl at expense of the continuous pain to his hands, until eventually he gave up and fell unconscious, leaving a blood stained path towards his location as he lies to see what fate will do to him-
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Posts in topic: 106
Money: $303
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=475
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=483
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=492
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 am

Meanwhile, the Cloud Bubble floated a way out to the north. It was within site, but hardly noticeable. Aboard it, a unique captain announced a dynamic decision . . .
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tixxi: Hoy, crew!

{Tixxi emerged from her chambers to greet the line-up. They had already assembled because Tixxi had just told them to over the intercom a moment ago.}

Crew: Hoy!

Tixxi: I think that you all know what this is about. Recently, I've been considering an extra-long land leave. As you know, it's supposed to be fun, but not a vacation; it's to broaden our perspectives and, more importantly, our treasure hoard. Apparently, everyone thinks that this is a good idea, but it leaves the question of the maintenance of the ship and our fishing expeditions. While the ship is so self-sufficient, it's true that we won't be able to bring in such hauls without me. That's why I'm leaving the profits of the last batch to all of you; you all can get plenty of vittles from that with plenty to spare for your own riches. Everyone savvy to that?

{Most of the crew reeled silently. That was a lot of fish. Lots and lots of fish. Tixxi always didn't take nearly the cut that she deserved, though still a bigger cut than everyone else, of the profits, but for her to let them have an entire haul to their own wishes . . . They weren't exactly poor to begin with, so they were considering some fairly big things. Pegshot was the first to speak.}

Pegvee: But Captain, you don't have to leave us that much! We all thought that you'd take more or even all of it to yourself, since you're the one who's embarking on a journey. We all have far more than we need, and-

Tixxi: Yes, I know, but I have consistent methods to stay alive, and, by living the land life, I'll find all sorts of new ways. You are a skillful crew and are completely capable of sustaining yourself and making some nice money to boot, but this will be some insurance for you. If, for some reason, I don't make it back, or, if I don't make it back very soon, you'll be glad that I left you something to hold you high for a while.

{Pegshot was speaking for the whole crew; all of them were nodding with agreement. It's not that they didn't appreciate the gift, but it was more than generous enough. The captain's point was right, though, as usual. They couldn't argue with that.}

Pegvee: Yes, I suppose so . . . Just don't hesitate to come back and take what's rightfully yours, please, Cap'n!

{Tixxi smirked and closed her eyes.}

Tixxi: Don't worry; I know that none of you are terribly reckless with your money . . . -and, in any case, we have so much treasure stored away that we could all live the high life for a good, long time, even if I could get nothing from the land.

{Tixxi looked over to Sehuk with one eye closed at the pause, teasing him about one time that he had blown his entire stash on a wild fancy. He broke out in a sweat and smiled in response.}

Tixxi: Anyway, that leaves the matter of maintenance as needed. Most of the time, functioning without a captain shouldn't be much trouble, on the Cloud Bubble, but, in case of emergency, you all have permission to enter my quarters and use my control panel if absolutely necessary. Aside from that, one among you will be the acting captain and will have access to my quarters and control panel as he or she sees fit.

{To most pirates, this whole thing would be blasphemy. A ship without a captain? One of the crew being chosen to be the acting captain? This struck a chord with everyone somewhat, but this was, after all, the Cloud Bubble, and all of the crew members were good, helpful people. They thought that the acting captain would probably be Len, but, since Tixxi knew him best, there was a bit of mystery to it . . .}

Tixxi: Len! Why are you looking so glum? Don't you want to accompany me?

{Everyone, especially Len, jumped.}

Tixxi: Great Jobe, you're the acting captain. You come stand here and address the crew if you want. Dismiss them when you so desire, and run everything likewise.

Jobe: Wait, what?! Me?! I'm the youngest, and-

Tixxi: I don't care. You've failed in nothing so far, and you're quick to realize when and where you need a helping hand; you're a man of no pride. I think that I could leave this position up to one of many of you, but you're a reliable, good man. You're in charge, now. Crew, savvy?!

Crew: Aye, Captain!

{Job was wide-eyed. Everyone looked happy, especially Pegshot. Rider and Tow-Along noticed, then grinned at each other, silently anticipating the upcoming session of infinite teasing. Len didn't look so happy as he did surprised, but that's because his emotions were a whirlpool, right now.}

Jobe: Yes, ma'am! I'll do my best!

Tixxi: I know. That's what I'm counting on. Len, go pack lightly, then meet me back in my chambers. Pack mostly food. Everyone, I'm setting out as soon as we get to shore, and we're headed that way right now. If you need me, you'll know where I am. Take it away, Great Jobe.

{As Tixxi turned and headed back to her chambers, Great Jobe concluded the meeting.}

Jobe: Ah, well, you all know that I'm open to advice and suggestions. I guess that we'll just get back to carrying on as usual, then. If no one has anything else to add, you're all dismissed!

Crew: Aye, sir!

{Everyone dispersed. Len was a little slow to the uptake, but he came-to and ran off to his room. Soon, he'd be packed, and, by the time that he'd finish, Tixxi and he would be about to set foot on the Chaos Beach, pretty much right where Komo's decrepit body was.}

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:52 pm

*Komo still bleeding made no sound, his eyes however became wide open, yet he didn't say anything or do any movements. He just stayed and looked at the two people who were next to him.*
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 am

((Not yet there, man.))

{Len finished packing, and everything ran smoothly. The ship parked right off the shore, almost dead out from where Komo was. Tixxi and Len walked out onto the drawbridge-like front piece, then waved back at the crew.}

Tixxi: We'll be back to check in in a few days or so! Don't wait up on us!

{The crew bid their captain goodbye, then stood to watch the upcoming interaction.}

Tixxi: Is he alive?

Len: Yeah. He must have come from that explosion of Mist over this way that we saw a while back. He needs healing. He has no established Level, so he's probably no more powerful than you.

Tixxi: Hey, kid, who are you?

{Tixxi spent some MA to cast Lifeflow on the boy. If he turned out to be a baddie, that little bit of healing wouldn't make a big enough difference that she couldn't take him down.}

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 am

*Komo looked around and felt some of the healing, enough for it to help him speak. He coughed up some blood before speaking though.*

"My name....my name is Komolo Yamamoto...."
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 am

{Tixxi picked Komo up to look him in the eyes.}

Tixxi: Got a shorter name? What are you doing, here?

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 am

*Komo would wince a bit from the pain but gave a good answer*

"You can call me Komo for short....Im here for a person...a person who seems to have died before I killed him, but I know for a fact that he's still alive....."
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:29 am

{Tixxi looked over at Len. Len was looking worriedly at Tixxi. Tixxi turned her head straight again.}

Tixxi: Okay, Komo, why are you out to kill him?
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 am

*Komo looked at Tixxi then down to the sand and began to speak once more*

"He turned my entire tribe against me oneday....I was banished from it and continued to roam my world alone...It wasn't until a war that I had found and fought with him. Then something happened....I did something and then there was a massive explosion. Screams and debris were all that I could see and hear, then I saw his body....Lifeless...Believing that I had succeeded, I closed my eyes and next thing you know I ended up here fatally wounded...."
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am

Tixxi: He . . . turned your whole tribe against you? Exactly how did he do that?

{This was upsetting. What if Komo did something to turn his tribe against him, and he was just blaming it on someone and trying to take it out on him? Maybe he was better off dead . . .}

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 am

*Komo began to cry a little, but instead of tears he actually cried a little bit of blood and later tears.*

"In our younger years, he blamed me for being a demon that our tribe absolutely despise...He twisted the minds of my tribe, but not my parents....They knew the truth about me but they could not persuade the villagers else wise....There was supposedly truth that I was the demon....My parents say my hair slowly started changing from white to black....They decided to dye it red but in the end...They had to banish me to keep the peace among our tribe and the neighboring tribes....."
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 am

{The pair wondered, Is he making it up? They weren't going to let a land-dweller take advantage of them, but they had a good enough way to check . . .}

Tixxi: I see . . . Well, are you headed south or north? We'll go with you if you're headed south, or we'll take you across the Abyssal Sea if you want to go north. In either case, you have to agree to one condition: You have to leave your mind open for my friend to read, savvy?
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 am

*Komo would have his eyes half closed then opened them fully again as though he was thinking for a brief moment.*

"I....I am going South....and go ahead....Read as much as you like...."
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Tixxi Eldixac
Guild:

Post by Tixxi Eldixac » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:19 am

{Len paused for a moment. Tixxi waited patiently. After about 15 seconds, Len gave the verdict.}

Len: Looks good to me.

{Tixxi set Komo down and spent some CH to send another small stream of sea green magic, Lifeflow, into Komo.}

Tixxi: Are you hungry?

{She cast it again. She needed a faster way to heal people . . . This was good enough, though.}
Storm Tango
phpBB [media]

Transparency
phpBB [media]

Avalanche Tsunami
phpBB [media]

Ceodore Wolfgang
Guild:

Post by Ceodore Wolfgang » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 am

*Komo didn't notice it at first, but he was pretty hungry and started to feel it*

"Yes...I do feel a bit hungry....Anyways, thank you for healing me....What are your names?"
Arrival/Departure:
phpBB [media]

Serene Talking:
phpBB [media]

His Might:
phpBB [media]

Return to “Chaos Beach”