Seeking Peepers

The shore is inhabited by many creatures and hazards, thanks to the fact that the entire northern portion of the continent is hostile territory. The locals built a village on the shallow waters. This village is a collection of huts that were built to withstand the tides and attacks. They can readily do so, as the waters are shallow far from the shore on this side of the Abyssal Sea. Despite their peaceful, almost pacifistic appearance, the village is well-defended.
NPA
Posts in topic: 31
Guild:

Re: Seeking Peepers

Post by NPA » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 pm

۞Jen-Rumma began by drawing a pair of forceps from a drawer in the chair's left side. She casually grabbed a thread of the stitches in his left eye and pulled. A green line of magic formed to hold all the pieces on the left eye together neatly, so it was completely stripped in one motion. She did the same to the right, then turned on some green waves from the lamp, just like from the flashlight earlier. She dropped the strings into a small cup, also pulled from the side of the chair, that immediately disintegrated them. Immediately, she closed the cup into its socket and replaced the forceps. After a minute, she toggled the light to ultraviolet for another minute and waved her left hand around. A faint, off-white light sparked from Crevasseus's eye sockets, and when it faded, they were ready.۞

Your sockets will remain clean and receptive for four hours every time I cast that spell. Like I said, though, it'll just take one to get this done. Now, the next step involves some heavy gamma radiation, but don't worry; it's calculated to an amount that you can handle, localized so that nothing is affected but what I want it to affect, and the radiation damage is undone soon.

۞She realized that some may still panic to this, so she paused briefly.۞

Crevasseus
Posts in topic: 34
Money: $295.5
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=920
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=919
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:23 pm

"Gamma? Like the stuff that turns people green and gives them super strength?"

Crevasseus said, almost hopeful, as the images popped into his head and he smiled.
Last edited by Crevasseus on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity, and the amount of zubats in Dark Cave."

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 am

Ahaha, well, I can't speak for whatever were called gamma rays where you're from, but no; this is electromagnetic radiation that, depending on its dosage and location, can cause cancer or other mutations, cause rashes and irritation, inflict nausea and other typical sickness symptoms, or kill people. Because it's touchy stuff, some communities, like the city-nations of my homeworld, regulate its application with universal standards, licenses for government-approved practitioners, and so on. In this case, it's being used to trigger the mutations of some cells that I'm going to put in your sockets that will multiply to build your new eyes. Side effects will be reversed while the eyes grow.

Crevasseus
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:09 am

"I'm okay with that, I've been in worse situations...like the time I got Scale Grout...one question though. What's cancer?"
"Three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity, and the amount of zubats in Dark Cave."

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:36 am

۞Jen-Rumma visibly cringed, and her tail curled. I mean, you know, visibly to those that have vision . . . Part of her held a hope that his world legitimately didn't have to suffer cancer, but part of her knew that it was far more likely that it just wouldn't be known by that name.۞

That's the term for a group of diseases that involve your cells growing wrongly- Those're called tumors. -and those tumors being malignant, as in they actively metastasize, or spread this problem elsewhere in your body. It's not called cancer if the tumors are benign, as in not capable of metastasis.

Crevasseus
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 pm

"Hmm...That's an interesting medical anomaly. Sounds painful too. I bet treatment for it is horrible. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like that in my universe."

Crevasseus bit his lip, straining his memories for anything that could even compare to that, but nothing came to mind.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Tch, yeah. Treatment is a lot faster and easier if it's diagnosed early, but, without exceptionally good magic, it's never an easy matter. Anyway, the point is that these rays are dangerous if used unprofessionally, but I'm a professional, so don't worry. We clear to go?

Crevasseus
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 pm

"Ready whenever you are."

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 pm

All right. I have to concentrate for a bit to get one of my spells ready while I start this radiation. You can talk as long as you move your face subtly.

۞She turned the lamp to another setting, and it emitted no visible rays, but gamma rays. An orange LED light on its side lit up. She stared blankly into the space over Crevasseus's head as she concentrated on her Hasty Body Construction III spell.۞

Crevasseus
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:53 am

Crevasseus slips into his deep meditation again twitching a leg muscle every few minutes to keep himself awake. He remains as still as possible otherwise. No need for me to post anything else, that's all he will do for the duration of the procedure.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:51 am

۞After about forty seconds had passed, that spell was released with its desired delay. Jen-Rumma snapped with both hands, instantaneously equipping a pair of latex gloves, then pressed an inset button, like that of a laptop's disc drive, that was low and centered on the left side of the chair. It popped out a tray, which she then slid her right hand's index finger over the front edge of, then stuck her index and middle fingers onto its center. There, a transparent film equipped her fingers with two caps that resembled contact lenses. She used her palm to slide the tray back in, then held her hands upward as though she was bowing on the ground. She took this position and focused for ten seconds to magically imprint the data from Crevasseus's DNA onto the lenses. She then gently held Crevasseus's eye sockets open with the left hand and popped the caps inside, like equipping a contact lens in reverse. She waited for the gamma radiation a bit, glancing at her wrist, where there was a watch that was invisible to others. After two minutes, she turned the lamp off and drew two small vials with a cloudy, blue liquid and a cloudy, brown liquid from a drawer that was low and toward the front of the right side of the chair. The drawer closed automatically as she used her thumbs to uncap the vials, letting the caps hang by their metal hinges.۞

All right, let's hold still so that I don't spill any of this . . .

۞She poured the potions into his eye sockets carefully, mixing them into each socket while using her pinkies to hold them open. Once the vials were empty, she held her arms out and dropped them, whereupon they disappeared, teleporting to her refill module.۞

Good, good. You can relax for a bit. The next step involves me directing your DNA's instructions through the compound while it's all irradiated some more.

۞She turned the lamp to UV rays for precisely three seconds, then back to gamma rays. She glanced at her watch, then started channeling her DNA Director [Ver. 3] ability, during which she had a circular field of red and blue light around her feet, sending faint pulses of its light upward to her height. This went on for a full minute, and then she quickly turned the lamp to the green rays.۞

Perfect so far. Now, you wait, and I meditate.

۞Jen-Rumma closed her eyes, sat down, crossed her legs, wrapped her tail around her waist to rest in her lap, and quietly let her mana build back up. After five minutes, she stood up, checked her watch, and pointed at a spot on the ceiling. A rectangular part of the ceiling, charts included, fell to her waist level, where four posts simultaneously sprung up to meet its corners, forming a table. In the ceiling chunk's wake was an indent that showed that there was evidently another layer of the ceiling above that, though the charts were exclusive to the outermost level.۞

Part of what makes this procedure a good budget option is the fact that I get part of the time to relegate to other tasks. Don't worry; I have an alarm to make sure that I can't lose track of time.

۞She glanced at her watch again, mentally commanding it to set an alarm. Lasers shot from her eyes to open small portals that gently dropped chemistry equipment onto the table. She casually mixed, distilled, and boiled some clear liquids, and she strained another from a squishy, juicy, deep red orb. After twenty minutes, she checked her watch again, ordering its alarm to cancel. More eye lasers brought more portals, putting away her equipment and the resultant chemicals. She pointed at the ceiling indent again, and the table disassembled perfectly, as though rewinding its process through time.۞

Just a little more work, and yours will be good to go.

۞Another drawer from the chair's left side yielded what looked like smoothed walnut shells. She put one over each socket, then turned the lamp off. Her eyes glowed green as she cast Body Construction I and II with appropriate delays. She checked her watch yet again, replaced the ray-shooting lamp with the stone-equipped one, folded her hands, and inhaled deeply. Her eyes widened and turned bright pink while a partially transparent image of a large eye with a pitch black sclera and a white iris formed around her. The image showed arcs of lightning slowly spreading over it, then spinning around so that it looked more like a plasma orb with a bunch of people touching it all over.۞

Nervea! Body Construction V: Eyes! Body Construction IV: Head!

۞Crevasseus's eye sockets briefly glowed yellow and red. The image of the color-inverted eye with lightning all over transferred from Jen-Rumma to Crevasseus and disappeared, then a partially transparent, yellow orb appeared and immediately followed suit. Crevasseus's eyes were physically complete, though still hidden under the shell-like covers. Jen-Rumma put her left hand on the covers and her right on Crevasseus's forehead, closing her now normalized eyes and concentrating on her Stimulation Simulation spell and its associated monitoring variant. After a few minutes, she used both hands to sweep across the shells, summoning a band of black cloth. As she brought it to his temples, the back half of it instantly formed, completing his blindfold.۞

There we are! Only took 52 minutes, too. Well, there's one last confirmation.

۞She walked behind Crevasseus, pressed the button to make the chair sit back up, put her left hand on his forehead, and used her right to direct his face toward the shelf with the urn.۞

This blindfold doesn't take much damage, fixes itself quickly, and is exceptionally receptive to my magic. That allows me to easily give you a taste of sight for a moment.

۞Suddenly, Crevasseus could see as though his eyes were both perfectly functional and unobstructed.۞

Describe that urn and the number over it.

((Inventory: Doctor's Blindfold - black cloth strip around the head that takes sharply reduced damage, auto-repairs very quickly, keeps two smooth covers secured over the eyes, and is extra compatible with Jen-Rumma's magic))

Tori Keheraht
Posts in topic: 30
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=390
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=389
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=387
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tori Keheraht » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 am

‾▿‾The girls heard Crevasseus's stomach and wondered about local foods themselves for a bit. After a minute, Nadia glanced at Tori to see an intent look, which Nadia soon adopted, as Jen-Rumma's procedure was pretty interesting.‾▿‾

She made that look easy. Hehe, get it?

‾▿‾Nadia rolled her eyes to the pun, but took a cue from the doctor's action. Tori didn't let the lack of response deter her shit-eating grin.‾▿‾

Crevasseus
Guild:

Post by Crevasseus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Crevasseus sobbed for a second, regained his composure as best he could, and said with joy abundant and obvious in his voice:

"It's as blue as the skies back home, there's a zig-zag pattern on it. And the number is 26."
Last edited by Crevasseus on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 am

۞Jen-Rumma's smile widened until it lit up the room. The satisfaction of restoration for those that thought their sight to be long gone was a great motivator. Still forcing the sight just a bit longer, she commanded,۞

Wallet J-3, send the topmost dollar to me.

۞The jar shone with a faint, yellow-green light as it caused that last silver dollar to float up and over to the doctor. No longer needing her right hand to direct Crevasseus, she reached out, grasped it, and put it into Crevasseus's hands.۞

That's the dollar that you overpaid me. It's all very shiny, isn't it?

Tori Keheraht
Posts in topic: 30
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=390
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=389
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=387
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Tori Keheraht » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 am

‾▿‾Tori and Nadia couldn't help but likewise bear beaming smiles. It was clear that Crevasseus's world had a very different, apparently comparatively primitive, medical system, so of course, it would make sense that this would be huge.‾▿‾
Skysworn Freedom
phpBB [media]

Comin' Through!
phpBB [media]

Never Too High
phpBB [media]

Return to “Shallows Village”