Finding Answers

The shore is inhabited by many creatures and hazards, thanks to the fact that the entire northern portion of the continent is hostile territory. The locals built a village on the shallow waters. This village is a collection of huts that were built to withstand the tides and attacks. They can readily do so, as the waters are shallow far from the shore on this side of the Abyssal Sea. Despite their peaceful, almost pacifistic appearance, the village is well-defended.
Keyfie
Posts in topic: 6
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Finding Answers

Post by Keyfie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Walking south down the path that leads to the Lunarbell Fields to the north, Keyfie examines the happenings around him. "Where am I now?" He whispers to himself as he sets his air sensory to a 5-foot radius around himself and tightens his grip on his belongings before continuing to walk into the village.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Posts in topic: 5
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 pm

()Dark Knight Kenizz approached Keyfie immediately.()

This is the Shallows Village. You're new to the dimension, right? Oh, before you ask, yes, it is common for people to be able to hear you when you whisper, here.

()He actually didn't know whether or not that was something that had crossed Keyfie's mind as an irregularity, but, you know, the question was common enough . . .()
Attachments
10696299_558326020933681_6460525074332696357_n.jpg
10696299_558326020933681_6460525074332696357_n.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 6059 times

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:16 am

"New to the dimension? Is this a convention of some sort? Can you tell me what country I'm in?" Keyfie asks while still looking around the area. I mean, I see all sorts of mixed genre here . . . Is that a centaur over there with some sort of ray gun?
Last edited by Keyfie on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:36 am

()Kenizz looked down at his sleeve as though he was checking a watch or something.()

This convention of people is a village, a kind of small, tightly-knit community. The country is pretty verdant.

()He looked up at Keyfie and didn't add anything to that.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Keyfie stands there, obviously confused at the response he was just given. "Can you just tell me where I can find some decent food? I had a bit of a scrape just outside of this 'village.' I'd rather get something to eat and some rest before I go to the appropriate authorities to explain what happened."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Well, there's a tavern right behind me and to your right.

()He pointed in case "right" was not clear enough.()

There are also lots of goods in the stalls that you see along the sides of the broadway. When you go to buy some sort of food, whoever is selling it will have some way to scan you to make sure that you won't be poisoned or anything.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 pm

"Am I having to buy some tickets or something like that? I mean, this does look to be some sort of ren fair mixed with some science fiction event. I'm sure there has to be a gate fee . . . Scan me? You mean like a form of identification or something? Where on Earth is this village located anyways?" Keyfie asks as he sets down his knapsack and starts rummaging through it, trying to find his cash.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Since you're new, you should have three hundred dollars worth of at least one kind of currency. You need not purchase another kind, since every merchant has a scanning device that verifies legitimate worth of every form known.

()Kenizz raised an eyebrow, but was otherwise undeterred by what seemed to him like silly questions. He had introduced a couple n00bs before.()

It's south of the Lunabell Fields, behind you, and north of the Abyssal Sea, the black waters that you see. There is no ren fair or sci-fi convention at the moment, but a sci-fi con is scheduled at the tavern in four days. I rather enjoy those,

()he stated with very little intonation.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Sudden realization slams into the mind of Keyfie as he listens to the names of locations. I'm no longer on the planet Earth! I wasn't sent to a different location on earth. . . I went through space and time. That would explain why my attacks weren't as effective as I thought the should have been. The laws of physics is obviously different here and that would mean I would have to become accustomed to these new laws until I can in a way to. . . If that magic sent me here maybe it could get me back? I don't see why not. First things first, I need to get a better understanding of the way things work here. . . Keyfie looks at the Kenizz with a small smile.
"I do apologize, but perhaps we could go to the tavern and get something to eat. I have some questions to ask, but if you're pressed for time, if you point me to someone who could help I would greatly appreciate it." Keyfie shoulders his sack and smiles as more possibilities runs through his mind. Maybe the properties of herbs have different properties than from earth?
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:05 pm

()Kenizz looked at his sleeve again briefly.()

I have a few hours.

()He turned and started walking toward the tavern, waving Keyfie forward to follow. After a moment, he added,()

An hour is a measure of time. It's seventy minutes, and a minute is comprised of seventy seconds. A second is a measure of time like this: One. Two. Three.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Keyfie listens intently and starts to follow the man's lead. "So there is 1720 minutes a day? What about the seasons? How many moons is there and how do they effect the tide of the seas? Do the plants in the Lunabell Fields do something special in moonlight besides ring? Do plants have more properties to the here than in other dimensions?" Keyfie then continues to ramble on an on at a faster and faster rate as one question leads to another.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Return to “Shallows Village”