Chao World Pending Completion

We said that we care about everyone's opinions and ideas. Did you think that we were kidding? We will check and respond to these as soon as we can.
Noah Ivaldi
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $410
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=696
Guild:

Chao World Pending Completion

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Now that I've wasted another lifetime looking for lists of the Chao Principle sayings, the billboard info, et cetera, I give. I was hoping that people could stand a chance of getting into chao without previous experience, but it was just wishful thinking. Story of my work, no? I would copy it over from my game, but it's still stolen.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is a request from others who have the game to give me a hand and write that stuff down. It's really no rush, but sooner is better.

More importantly, though, I need a list of chao stats for at least the top four contenders (obviously less for races against fewer racers) in each Chao Race and each contestant in each Chao Karate tourney. It's a tall order, I know, but you don't have to be precise. A little experimentation for accurate guesswork will do. Yeah, it still sounds like a lot, but after all the time and work that I've put into things, I don't think that a couple hours of your time is so unreasonable. Again, I'd do it myself, but I can't find the info anywhere online, and I don't have my game. By the way, you could always get a hacking device and use it to check every stat very quickly and easily.

Until that's finished, all Chao Principle (so that a character whom is otherwise unfamiliar with chao can learn the basics), Chao Doctor (just for general wellness and fruit favoritism), and Chao Classroom (for aesthetic lessons) interactions will be managed by the Chao account. Black Market and Fortune Teller visits will be RPd singularly and without the usual stipulations (i.e. you don't have to write a large paragraph in order to buy an armful of fruits that already have set prices, nor to simply get an official name for your chao). An example would be as follows (in the Black Market thread, which will be made soon):

-$44 for a shiny, black egg, two Dark Fruits, and a Mushroom

You'd post that in the Black Market thread and in your Money thread, then you'd RP in your chao thread with the things that you just bought.

Relatedly, after some consideration, I believe that each chao-raising character will have his/her/its/whatever's own thread in the chao world (excluding the stadium), and all chao RPing will be executed in that continuing thread for that character. By that measure, I'm wondering if the Character Information Chao Log will be redundant. When I want to check your chao's stats (often to determine the outcom of stadium events), I'd like to keep an easily-accessed record of your chao's stats. Therefore do I ask those of you who know anything of chao, would you rather a) keep the character info logs to document stats and appearances there while documenting actions in the chao world, or b) simply end each post in which a chao's stats/appearance change with a record of any changed chao's stats and appearance? Examples follow:

a) In this example, Noah uses just one Small Animal on just one Chao. He could do more, but, for the sake of a small, simple example, he'll just do that. The Chao account dictates that the chao got gorilla arms as a result.
[World][Noah]Noah gave Giki the gorilla that he found. Since Giki's Swim and Fly stats were at 0 and 4 LP, respectively, Swim didn't drop, and Fly only lost those 4 LP. Run increased by 4, just enough to bring it to Lv51. Its Power, on the other hand, rose by 40, totalling to LP 72.
Swim: Lv20, LP 0
Fly: Lv15, LP 0
Run: Lv51, LP 0
Power: Lv82, Lp 72
Stamina: Lv76, LP 40[/Noah]
[Chao]Giki's animal parts: dragon antenna, boar nose, dragon wings, bear feet, kappa gills, +gorilla arms (6/8)[/chao]

b) same as a), but with the stats and parts listed in the log in stead, and with the Chao account only stating which part was added

While we're on the topic, I'd like to mention that many animal parts will be those that default to the game, but won't be strictly limited to that, just as with the Small Animals themselves. The 8-part limit will be present by default, but there will be ways to break this limit.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

Bianca
Posts in topic: 2
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238
Factions: $
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 pm

I actually don't have the game anymore since I don't have my Dreamcast...I'm sorry, K...

K
Posts in topic: 4
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 pm

It's okay, Bianca. I would recommend getting SA2B for the Gamecube (If you don't have one, get a Wii.), though, since the Sonic Team will never make a game that's anywhere near as good as it.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:52 pm

The following changes have been decided uon:
The Black Market will be RPd fully, and we may as well do the same for the Fortune Teller, since that can allow the latter to serve a purpose beyond just naming chao.
It has been decided that, at least for now, all sorts of chao changes will be shown in each given character's chao thread, and the resulting animal parts and changes will be recorded in the respective chao logs. That way, it's easy to keep track of just what chao have what by everyone. It also makes chao comparison much easier. Users will still record stats on their own (and show the math), since everyone can see the Small Animal stats and do some simple addition. However, if they want to leave the stat calculations to the Chao account, that's okay, too. The Chao account will dictate the "random" animal parts additions. Users will not be required to show the resulting stats at the end of each change in the according Chao World thread, but will be required to show the math in the respective Chao Log. Mods and admins will check Chao Log math to be sure that no one's cheating and that no honest mistakes occur, and then we'll consolidate Chao Log posts to tidy things up.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Bianca
Posts in topic: 2
Money: $300
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238
Factions: $
Guild:

Post by Bianca » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am

This is what I have gathered...."Chaos..
- will be named by a Fortune Teller (who has other characteristics as well)
- have to be recorded in Chao Log, located in the character information section
- ' animals will be added up by the user to determine their stats by the small animals gathered
- ' Chao Logs will be checked by mods and admins to make sure everyone is doing it correctly..

A question and.. correct me if I am wrong.. You are saying that Chaos themselves will need character accounts, right...?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:20 pm

*Chao* (Remember? Silly. ^_^)
Yeah, those four points are pretty accurate. Like, when a character collects a Small Animal, the next time that it visits a Chao Garden, the SA will pop out of its inventory. The user gets to RP their character giving Small Animals to chao of their choice, then they tally the stats up (or can have the NPA account, "Chao", do it). The character does so for all Small Animals, Chaos Drives, and other items that it wishes to distribute among its chao. After making the post, they go and post the update to their chao log. Mods and admins check chao logs for accuracy. If, in a given chao log, we see that the posts are accurate, we edit the first post to reflect the most current results and delete the update posts. An example would be as follows (again using Noah, this time with newborn chao to make it very easy to see the math):
[in the Chao World forum, Noah's thread]
Noah entered his Neutral Chao Garden with one Cheetah and two Bears. He decided to give the Cheetah to one baby chao, Chaosky, and the two Bears to another, Chaolo.

"Here you go, little guys." ^^

Chaosky's Run rose by 40 Level Points, and his Power by 8. Because Chaolo was given two Bears, his Swim rose 16, his Run by 8, and his Power by 72.
[/Chao World, Noah's thread]

[Noah's Character Info, Chao Log]
[Post 1]
Chaosky:
Swim: Lv0, LP 0
Fly: Lv0, LP 0
Run: Lv0, LP 0
Power: Lv0, LP 0
Stamina: Lv0, LP 0

Chaolo:
Run: Lv0, LP 0
Power: Lv0, LP 0
[/Post 1]

[post2]
Chaosky:
Run: Lv0, LP 40 (+40)
Power: Lv0, LP 8 (+8)

Chaolo:
Swim: Lv0, LP 16 (+16)
Run: Lv0, LP 8 (+8)
Power: Lv0, LP 72 (+72)
[/post2]
[/Chao Log]

Follow? It doesn't have to look just like that, but something along those lines should do. That will all be done by Noah Ivaldi. A mod or an admin, using the "Chao" non-player account, will then review his work. We'll check Noah's most recent threads to see that he did indeed pick up a Cheetah and two Bears. That won't be so hard, as we'll probably remember giving Noah said Small Animals. We'll read his thread in the Chao World to see that he gave one Cheetah to Chaosky and two Bears to Chaolo. We will then check his Chao Log to see that he did his math correctly and added up the stats appropriately. If so, we'll consolidate the posts by editing and deleting, as previously stated. In the process, we'll also state which animal parts were added and the total animal parts per chao.

Finally, no, the so-called "Chao account" was in reference to the NPA by the username of "Chao," that being the account by which mods and admins will delegate chao-related things, such as animal parts additions, random actions that are undertaken by chao, and Chao Kindergarten members. I hope that this clears things up. ^_^
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Moribito von Laurel
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by Moribito von Laurel » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:23 pm

About the whole naming thing, the Fortune Teller suggested a name but I believe if you disagreed with it you were able to name it yourself, if not and I'm thinking of another installment of said series forgive me :D

And how would we acquire the animals and how will the animal parts be randomly selected? I mean I figured since it was a game you wouldn't have any control over it, but now that we're getting some hands on approach to this how would this random part selection work?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

That's right.

We'll acquire Small Animals like everything else on Houcm: by finding or earning them. The parts selections will be executed by the Chao NPA. The mod or admin in control at any given point may choose to mentally assign parts to numbers, then roll a die on Old Sein, or may simple give whatever part comes to mind.

Return to “Suggestions”