Styles

We said that we care about everyone's opinions and ideas. Did you think that we were kidding? We will check and respond to these as soon as we can.
Learpabru
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Styles

Post by Learpabru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Like the new look? What you're probably seeing the forum as is the Lucid Lime style. Go you your UCP -> board preferences and check them all out.
prosilver and subsilver2 are the basic, bright, bland, default styles. The only good thing about them, as far as I'm concerned, is that they're not in anyone's way.
Lucid Lime is what I have set as the default because it appears to be popular, and it is, as the name implies, very easy to read. It was specifically designed to be easy to read for users of all ages. It's a prosilver-based style.
0mega is a Call of Duty theme, which is nice for FPS players and gun lovers, as a broad statement. It's very simple and militaristic. It's also based on prosilver.
Black Pearl and Rainbow Pearl are alternate colorations of the same thing, basically. They're both based on subsilver2, and, as their names indicate, one is dark, while the other is colorful and light. These have a neat function: There is a minus (-) sign on the header of every forum/category on the index page and the mChat header, see? If you click it, it turns into a plus sign and hides the respective content, shortening the page until you click the plus sign. This is handy for those whom don't use the Other Universes, don't want to deal with the OOC Area for the moment, don't need the links of the Outsources, and so on, for quick navigation.

Styles are composed of three elements: Templates, themes, and imagesets. Technically, I can make new styles just by mixing and matching these, but it's not likely to be very stable/functional if I mix anything but imagesets. Basically, if you want the little thread icons and stuff from Rainbow Pearl in the Black Pearl style, okay, I can try to make that for you, but don't count on much more.

Styles can be set for individual forums/categories, so, for instance, if one of your characters were to build something so grand that I made another forum for its location, and you wanted me to install a recoloration of the Dark Revil style so that your new forum would be viewed that way, it can be done. Let's not get too carried away with this, but just remember that it can be done.

If a new style is installed and used for anything except just a select forum/category, I have to install all existing mods (namely mChat) on it. AutoMOD does a lot of work for me, but, if something presents a challenge, I'm probably going to decide that it's not worth the effort and just take that style out. I already went through the hassle of installing mChat on these four styles for you guys; I'm not going to go through too much more just because someone wants the forum for their new building to be in a certain problematic style.

That being said, if you insist that the current styles are insufficient, go to http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/ and pick something out, then link me to it. Don't download it and attach the downloaded archive, and don't link me directly to the download. The rule is that it has to be up-to-date. The current phpBB version is 3.0.11, which is what we have, so make sure that whatever style you want is compatible with that. 3.0.6 is not okay. Even 3.0.10 is not okay; I'm not taking any risks, and, if a style hasn't been updated in that long, there's probably a problem.
Many styles are compatible with Colorizeit, so some color schemes can be changed easily. If not, I'm not eager to make any changes manually.
I would prefer if a style was validated by the phpBB team. If not, it must at least have existed for a few weeks, and, as soon as it presents a problem, it's out.

You can make your own styles and submit them. If you're interested, go to https://www.phpbb.com/styles/?sid=fde4817e4227ac68c19c05193607da1e and search up their help topics and tools. I don't know anything about editing aesthetic stuff and can't say that I care to learn, so you're on your own. If you do build one, submit it to phpBB appropriately so that they can validate it and it can be publicly available.
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm considering removing the 0mega style. People really get along with the Lucid Lime style, so 0mega is hardly even known of. I'm also having a lot of trouble re-installing mChat, and one less style to deal with would ease the workload. If someone wants 0mega, I can go ahead and push through, but, if no one wants it anyway, I'd sooner just drop it.
Does anyone wish to keep the 0mega style?

On another note, we're on 3.0.12. Bet that you didn't even notice the update, with how fast it was. Anyway, if anyone wants to add more styles and whatnot, they have to be updated thus far.
0mega and Lucid Lime have not been updated to 3.0.12. The pearls have. This is a small issue, not enough to cause any difference in functionality, at this point.

Edit: In case you hadn't noticed (You did not, you liar.), I did successfully install mChat on 0mega, so that's a non-factor.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Suggestions”