World Map

We said that we care about everyone's opinions and ideas. Did you think that we were kidding? We will check and respond to these as soon as we can.
the General
Posts in topic: 4
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Re: World Map

Post by the General » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 pm

obviously not done and cellphone cameras dont take good photos
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 13
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Okay, uh, I can say that those are at least good starts for prototype maps, so thanks. One mistake that you both made, which I thought that I cleared up before, was with the mountain ranges. Academy Path isn't just a road; it's a road and the mountains that they go through. The Flint Ranges are the eastern mountains. The Academy Path is the western mountains. They have those little off-shoot parts that kinda' overlap to the south of the lake. I'm not the first one to name a mountain after its most significant trail like that; there's plenty of places like "South Pass" or the like. It's like that.

@Teddy: Okay, from the top . . .
-Although I wanted them to be more horizontal to the screen and I wanted them to be bigger, the snowcaps don't fail at all. Nice job.
-To be honest, that is kinda' what fenlands can look like from overhead. To get an idea of what fenlands look like, go on YT and search for some vids of "Tchigolith Fenlands" from Final Fantasy Tactics and FFT: The War of the Lions.
-Well, the map doesn't necessarily have to have a tornado on the Necrohol of Rodentia, and it'd probably be better without it, actually, but nice job.
-The Lunabell Fields are cool, but they kinda' look like they're on water, but . . . it's a field. Like, um, flowers on . . . grass. xD
-The Void Meadow is an easy one, other than maybe this:
godsoldier713: Oh, by the way, in the middle of Void Meadow, there's the Hydra Yggdrasil.
Lol.
-Hum, how should I put this . . .? Well, see, the Lunabell Fields should stretch more southward, so that they also exist where you have the Shallows Beach. The Lunabell Fields should run east into some verdant hills with a temple-thingy at the top, that being Nature's Artifice. These hills should stretch from the border of the Lunabell Fields to the eastern edge, much like the Void Meadow. The Void Meadow should run south until it hits the Nature's Artifice border, at which point the landscape becomes a bunch of green hills that lead to the temple at the top, see? Nature's Artifice should run out of the borders of the plains, not be surrounded in beach and segregated like that, in summary. The shallow waters, and thereby the Shallows Village, should be moved down as a result. You did nicely; it's just not the placement that I had in mind.
-Abyssal Sea will be bigger in the final version, right? Also, if it could be done in black, rather than dark blue, that would be awesomesauce.
-Chaos Beach should probably just be drawn like any other beach; just a bunch of sand in line with the water.
-Mythic Thicket . . . Well, I probably should've said that I was looking for more detail than that, lol . . . You intend to draw it more thoroughly and make it look more like the bird's-eye view of a thicket, no?
-For the Crash Pastures . . . Erm, please read the description and reference the banners again before you finalize it. ^^;
-The Mistvalley Lake is nice and all, but the mist is supposed to be visible only at a close view, so a bird's-eye view would just see a crystal-clear lake.
-There's the issue with the mountains . . . By the way, flint is almost exactly like obsidian. They're both pitch-black rocks. Academy path should be colored like most other mountains, but should have some greenery around the base (such as that which is shown in the Crash Pastures banner), while the Flint Ranges should be almost entirely blackened, much moreso than the banner of Meidkuad Castle shows.
-The Atypical Insitution . . . Well, again, this is just the rough draft, and you'll put more detail in the final, right?

Overall, very nice job. If we can work those kinks out, this could be really great for the site.

@Bill: Boy, no kidding. Borders are a bit more wavy than I had intended, but that's nothing big. Looks like that could be material to consider for our map, too, once there's more detail.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

the General
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by the General » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:23 pm

The abyssal seal in mine is also really really small so more detail could to go into tje other parts of the map
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Oh, right, and @Teddy: The castle is supposed to be in front of, not behind the Flint Ranges, just like in the banner.

Nikita Shimono
Guild:

Post by Nikita Shimono » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 am

It looks fantastic, Ted'. :3

Sarathinia
Money: $300
Guild:

Post by Sarathinia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 pm

thanks Em : D
@k
-I didn't know what color flint was, so I google imaged it and it was about that color IF NOT LIGHTER ^^ just say'n.
-I was worried about were the castle was, but I thought I read in the discription before that it was protected by mountains. (you can't tell in the pic. There might be more mountains in the front)
- D:> I DREW A PATH TRHOUGH THE MOUNTAINS ON THE WEST!!!!!
- =w= I didn't read the whole conversation pagey thingy you gave~ tee hee~
- the grass in the picture of Lunabell feilds is green...but...it's lunar feilds.....MOON BEAMS!!! XD idk.
-I got back home from around 3 hours of birthday parties, chatting, visiting old friends and running around.
DETAIL WASN'T ON MY MIND XD
-I also started running out of room towards the bottom of the map, so things were going to be sqaushed, I just thought you'd all understand this is a sloppy version and is just getting the basic 'here's where everything is'
^^
and now I'll return to my corner in dignity.
oh and, I read all of your crits and will make sure not to make those mistakes again~

@The General I like your image, would you darken it a little?
The Silver Witch

Sleep Child, (spell casting)

Nikita Shimono
Guild:

Post by Nikita Shimono » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 pm

I agree with Sara, the image in pencil is rather hard to see.
It looks good, though.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:11 am

@Teddy:
-That's because you saw golden flint, but most flint, inducing the majority of the Flint Ranges, is black flint, which looks much like obsidian.
-"Protected by mountains" is a pretty relative expression. In this case, it means that the castle people can flee and regroup in the mountains to stock up and prepare themselves to go down and kick ass if someone tries to take their castle over and gets into the walls. Also, if you look at the picture, no, there are just some hills in front of the castle, which are those that are shown on the upper left part of the Crash Pastures banner. Follow? P:
-Yes, and you labelled those mountains on the left as more of the Flint Ranges, but they are the Academy Path. Got it memorized? XP
-Well, go read, then. -rolls eyes-
-Moonbeams? Lol, wow . . . Green grass + a bunch of lunabell flowers, please.

All righty. Make fixes and more detailed version when you can, then. P:

@Both: Yeah, tG made that as a quick version that his phone didn't pick up very well. He said that he's gonna' make a more detailed version with fixes.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Emma Cain
Posts in topic: 6
Guild:

Post by Emma Cain » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Camera= win.
The past is what molds us, lest we forget it... We would all die in this gruesome world of sin.

Lift Me Up. Let Me Go.
phpBB [media]

Fight the Power!
phpBB [media]

Reunited Once More
phpBB [media]

Her Sleeping Blood
phpBB [media]

Sarathinia
Money: $300
Guild:

Post by Sarathinia » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm

XD geeze, I just made so many mistakes XD
moonbeams was supposed to be a joke.

-okay, the mountains behind the meado-
WAIT, YOUR VERSION DIDN'T HAVE NO MOUNTAINS BEHIND NO MEADOW!!!! >:U
The Silver Witch

Sleep Child, (spell casting)

K
Guild:

Post by K » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm

MEIDKUAD! MEIDKUAD CASTLE! One of us needs to learn how to read. XP

tG's update:
/missing

Crits:
The Abyssal Sea and Chaos Beach are still too small, especially the former.
Some of the southern area was cut-off.
The castle is still hiding behind the mountains. Look at the banner. The castle is on a hill. That hill is south of another hill. The castle is north of the Flint Ranges. See?
Maybe cut that bottom part off the Twisted Fenlands and extend the Void Meadow there, as previously planned, but it's not bad that way, either. Of course, extending the Void Meadow and Nature's Artifice would also have the benefit of moving the Shallows Village more to the western edge, where it was originally designed to be, too . . . Those things aren't such a big deal, though; that can be adjusted.
Other than those, nice job, man.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Nikita Shimono
Guild:

Post by Nikita Shimono » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Why do all guys have similar handwriting?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 am

Nuh-uh! Mine's way worse! XD
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Emma Cain
Posts in topic: 6
Guild:

Post by Emma Cain » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Well I mean most. xD
The past is what molds us, lest we forget it... We would all die in this gruesome world of sin.

Lift Me Up. Let Me Go.
phpBB [media]

Fight the Power!
phpBB [media]

Reunited Once More
phpBB [media]

Her Sleeping Blood
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 am

REMINDER AND AMENDMENT!

The Jden Sol Snowcaps will no longer be on Houcm Planet. In stead, extend the Lunabell Fields northward through the area that was once the snowcaps. Alternatively, extend the Lunabell Fields northward through the upper half of the area that was the snowcaps, and extend the fenlands through the upper half.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Suggestions”