Getting a start

The wide road down the center of the village is rife with all kinds of shops that sell a lot more than just souvenirs and seashells, though you can get those, too. The people of the village take turns at discretion with the markets daily, so you can never be sure just what is available on a day-to-day basis.
Keyfie
Posts in topic: 58
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Getting a start

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Keyfie leaves to Muddy Breeze and takes in a refreshing breath. Well, so far this Dimension seems to be all around better for someone like me compared to Earth. Keyfie watches the people around move about with their own errands and waits for his guide to lead him to their next destination. Still, this world is even more dangerous. I have to find someone who won't mind me tagging along with them.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Posts in topic: 65
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Three-Dimensional Maneuver Gear, right?

()After following Keyfie out, Kenizz took the lead and started southward along the broadway. He put his hands into his pants pockets and kept looking at each of the stalls that was set up, identifying what was for sale at a glance.()

On this main street, there are more transient shops than static. On any given day or night, some of the stalls are casually regarded as being the main spot for certain merchants, but most of the spots are simply taken on a settle-and-set-up basis. You can find different goods every day, here,

()he spelled out in a way that, to his perspective, sounded pretty simple, even if this n00b didn't have any concept of such shopping before now.()

Overhead, a black dragon at least the size of an aircraft carrier with crimson battlements whirred by. It went by too quickly to pick out many details, but it was so big that the shade was almost disorienting. People around seemed unfazed.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 pm

"So an open flea-market set up?" Keyfie asks as his eyes look up at the sky before looking down and following the young man.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Sssssorta' . . . Like that, but it's not so much antiques and curios. You can get food, clothes, weapons, armor, accessories, parts, gems, abilities, literature, or anything else that people can procure. And, uh, yeah, everything can be magical or not, no inlays required.

Up ahead, the Satyr Sisters' Stall was having a special on dark and healing potions, with a sign indicating that the sale included some of the better kinds whose effects stack.

()Continuing south, Kenizz lowered his gaze and shook his head in pity, then resumed viewing the goods. He paused at one stall, a vibrant, green booth with tons of tinctures.()

Ooh, hang on. Special on healing enhancers and darkness enhancers, and the special includes potions whose effects stack well. Gotta' pick something out.

A pair of white-furred satyrs, both female- Well, young satyrs are often known to be rather effeminate-looking, so you're under the impression that they're both female, but, technically speaking, you don't know. -were beaming across the table. The left one drew a crate full of large bottles, each having a shape of an old milk bottle and holding a liquid that shifted between shades of black, dark blue, and dark green, exclaimed,

Kenizz! Your order for that Euresian Darkbrew Version Eleven came in!

Beautiful! Thank you so much. I'm sure that I can find something else that I want here,

()he responded in an uncharacteristically sing-song voice.()

The girls giggled and glanced at Keyfie.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Keyfie smiled at them and looked at their display. "Its going to take some getting used to. You know, magic being openly available to all with the funds."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Mijarna, Quoern, this is Keyfie. He's a n00b. Keyfie, satyr sisters, an alchemist and a barbarian. Ooooh, yes . . .

()With a satisfied look on his face, Kenizz inspected the price tag on a smaller, short-necked, rounded bottle with a light tan fluid. He grinned widely and placed it next to his crate and moved to another with a bright pink appearance, which he grabbed two of without hesitation.()

Oh, welcome!

Make yourself at home. What was that you were saying about getting used to magic availability?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:54 pm

"I mean, where I'm from magic is so rare that everyone thought it was just a romanticized over exaggeration of basic science during the middle ages. But some people did have true magic. Those that did were either hunted or were hunting other gifted individuals. So the gifted stayed hiddened and tried to live normal lives." Keyfie says while looking at the various liquids.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Uh, seriously?

What the shit? For real?

Tinctures were available in all sorts of appearances. Some of the price tags had a couple too many zeroes on them for you. Others were much more affordable. In fact, is that a decimal point? Those red potions and these yellow ones don't even cost a dollar apiece?

That's pretty shitty, man. I can't imagine that your more magical races took it well. Oh, speaking of which, what races are seen in your land? You know, of people, I mean.

()The dark knight didn't look up from his task. After checking a couple tags, he eagerly snatched up four corked Erlenmeyer flasks, two with a smokey blue and two with a vibrant orange liquid, and placed them by his crate.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 pm

"I get the feeling you are wanting more information than just Caucasian, African American, or Hispanic. The people of my home are human.” Keyfie replies as he gestures towards the red and yellow potions. "What exactly do these do?" He asks looking up at the sisters.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Those are some basic healing potions. No nutrtitional value and not very flavorful, but must be imbibed, nor are they particularly strong. Still, if you want cheap healing, red is for tissue damage and yellow is for health energy.

I don't get those first few terms, but ha-ha, very funny. Yeah, duh, we're talking about humans. What kind of humans are there?

()Kenizz checked his arm for a moment, then grabbed an odd-looking bottle of green slime. The bottle looked like a round-bottomed one, but with a spiral that ended with a spike jutting out perpendicularly to the bottom, away from the holder, and the three-inch-long neck had a 90-degree bend toward the holder halfway up. Its cork was purple.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Keyfie frowns as he tries to grasp the meaning of Kenizz's question. "They are just human. Humans of different regions and religious beliefs. . . But, human all the same. Nothing really special except for how they can adapt the enviorment to their needs."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Maybe you call us tribes or something? You know, he's is a beorc, we're satyrs, she's a viera, he's an asterion, you're . . .

Probably hume or beorc, I think.

Thanks.

Welcome.

In order, she had pointed to what Keyfie would identify as Kenizz, the sisters, a bunny faun, a very human-featured minotaur, and himself.

Races, tribes, species, families, taktum, ganruen, elenersa, whatever. What kind of different humans did you know about?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:47 am

"Hume? Everyone was like me. Although, most of them weren't gifted." Keyfie stops browsing their wares.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm

((Bullet dodged, eh? I was tempted to have this go about in a slightly less tactful manner, hehe.))

. . . Oh . . .

So, wait, you're telling me that everyone in your galaxy is either a hume or a beorc? Even those on separate planets?

()Kenizz paused from his browsing to look at Keyfie perplexedly.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:04 pm

"We only know life being on Earth. . ." Keyfie says while he looks around.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Return to “Village Broadway”