Getting a start

The wide road down the center of the village is rife with all kinds of shops that sell a lot more than just souvenirs and seashells, though you can get those, too. The people of the village take turns at discretion with the markets daily, so you can never be sure just what is available on a day-to-day basis.
NPA
Posts in topic: 65
Guild:

Re: Getting a start

Post by NPA » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:28 pm

That's all right, 'cause not much of note was going on; it was mostly typical village hustle and bustle. There were a couple of gnomes tossing comets at each other, but they were inside a protective field that made the spar quiet and safe.

()The vid sped forward for a bit, passing the first instance of a crystal slime, then it rewound a bit and played normally. In order of the following comments, the slimes were fiery orange, purple and green, yellow, red that crystallized yellow, red, purple and green again, brown, and fiery orange that crystallized sky blue. The yellow one crystallized a little more slowly than the others, but still quickly enough to securely latch on.()

That looks like Eliah-Σ (Sigma).

Or carclanine ooze, but, yeah, Eliah-Σ is more common. That's either beclaseite or plum-fed euchtan. No one uses beclaseite, any more. Uh . . . Back up a few seconds and pause. That could be any variant of plasmic iozel. Couldn't tell ya' which one. Go on.

That's got to be hypertension rouasite.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, too.

I'm at a loss.

The perforations on the side that's facing us makes it look like red haggoriate slime. Okay, that's got to be plum-fed euchtan. I'll bet that the other was beclaseite, 'cause it looked like it came from an older model of 3DMG than this, too.

Yeah, you're right. Okay, that's obviously Pepper Mark's brown plasmic iozel.

Oh, yeah! That's pretty clever. I wonder how she got it to crystallize quickly enough.

I find that a little lemon juice with ejrom bean paste works as a fine catalyst.

Huh. I'll have to remember that. Uh, that would be . . .

I've seen this before, I'm sure . . .

If it was a little darker, I'd say that it looked like blue xifesine-legrotantalite alloy, or maybe mako-charged legrotantalite plasma.

I was thinking that it could be the soured yolk of a male periwinkle waste ooze, or more likely some variant of it.

But- Oh, well, if it was soured, yeah . . . It'd still have to be infused into a peach seed and cultivated out of that, though.

Yeah, but that guy did have the look of a chemist mage, so he may very well have done so on his own.

I guess so. The crystal looks a bit too spiky for that, but who knows?

True. Did that clarify things?

Keyfie
Posts in topic: 58
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:53 pm

"Well. . . Yes and no. I mean, you identified the different materials but I still have no idea what they are. I would however like to ask if its possible to get a set of hooks that stick to anything. Even the air itself? To make sure I never lose mobility.” Keyfie asks.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 pm

^An intensely bright cylinder of light appeared a short distance northeast of Keyfie, or behind and to the left, by his perspective. It had a "shiny" sound effect, like an extended "kreeeeeng" from a Home-Run Bat in Super Smash Bros. Examination would show it to be some sort of magic circle, though it was hard to discern much with how radiant it was.^

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Xahir glanced at the bright area, then back down at the guys. Other citizens had similar reactions.

()Kenizz likewise took notice, then got back to what he was doing.()

Yeah, later models were able to shoot holding points that just stopped wherever the user wanted them to.

Most people who use 3DMG today have models that do that, from what I've seen.

Thanks for the help, Xahir. I'll be back later. Let's head next door, Keyfie. Celle will be home any moment.

No problem. See ya'.

Hey! I'm home!

*~Just as Kenizz had mentioned her, Celle hailed from the house to the south. She waved him over.~*

()The dark knight walked around some clothing and armor displays, assuming that Keyfie would follow.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 pm

"Thank you for your help!" Keyfie says flashing a smile before following Kenizz's lead.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:52 pm

^A human figure slowly rose out of the bright rune slowly, looking unconscious as it hung in the air limply. The process was pretty slow, but the light eventually faded, and the person turned out to be a short, young-looking man in bright, white armor. He rotated forward, descended at a feather's pace to the ground, and opened his eyes.^

It . . . It worked . . . It worked!

^He looked around as though he was expecting applause or something. Then, he spotted Kenizz. He pulled the gold-headed, platinum-handled axe out of his right sleeve and what looked like a pure white arrowhead out of his left.^

A dark knight here?! I shall purge you from this place, too! Fear not, bystanders!

^The man jabbed the arrowhead object into the bottom of the axe's handle, causing it to disappear and the axe to shine brightly. He jumped about ten meters into the air, paused midair while dramatically twirling the axe overhead twice, then flew straight at Kenizz, aiming to plant his blade into the dark knight's head.^

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Most people just gave the n00b a funny look, then just watched the inevitable.

()Oh, you mean that he aimed to plant his face right in Kenizz's fist? That's what you said, right? Well, gee, if you insist. Wham! Kenizz extended his left arm, shoulder and all, rocketing it through the air so that he clocked the n00b in the face, slamming him back into a nearby wall. His arm was not attached, but the points of separation were not ripped and gory. They were simply black with a red outline, very similar to Kenizz's coat.()

Hey, Celle. This is the guy who is asking about 3DMG, Keyfie.

Right! One moment, please. Uh, you don't know that guy, right?

*~Celle waved her hands around strangely, then the knobless door opened. She entered and performed some more motions, turning off a security system.~*

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Keyfie watches the scene play out. "Um. . . Kenizz? Who was that?" Keyfie asks looking over his shoulder at the point of impact.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:28 pm

^The white knight took the hit like a champ, then peeled himself off the wall.^

Citizens, this is a strong one, but I am the champion of my Rek'nah! I can hold him back while you all flee!

^Sounding like he was trying to inspire hope and enact justice, the kid whirled around into a diagonally slanted, aerial arcing buzzsaw slash, ideally connecting at a downward R-L angle near Kenizz's neck. He glowed yellow all over as he did this, and, should any panicking innocent happen into the way of his attack, the glow would momentarily turn white as he and his weapon phased through anyone but the intended target.^

Aeon Technique - Gentle Breeze!

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Oh, I assure you, no one panicked. Everyone went about their daily lives as though nothing was happening. Actually, the astral mage gnome toss-up was a little more interesting, and it was quieter.

()Kenizz turned around to face Keyfie. Actually, it was to use his other hand to catch the oncoming blade. Details, details. The kid was pretty strong, though; Kenizz's hand started to drip a little black blood. His disembodied arm seemed to vanish in the air, only to simultaneously "regrow" out of the hole on the dark knight's side. Within a second, it was back to normal, and, as soon as it was, there was a brief, black flash at the former separation point. Two small orbs of dark magic appeared around Kenizz's feet and spiraled up around him, then disappeared after going above his head. The bleeding stopped; he had been healed. He answered them both:()

I have no clue.

Is that another n00b who's under some "light versus dark" obligation or something again?

Probably.

Ugh. And he's Level 1, too.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Keyfie moves out of the way slightly as he watches the poor misguided individual. "Excuse me?" Keyfie asks the would be knight-of-justice. "What exactly do you think you're doing?"
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 pm

What?! Forceflash!

^A brilliant flash damaged the foe that dared to hold his blade and propelled them away from each other. The kid landed back in the middle of the broadway.^

Has he reaped so much despair that you can't even fathom righteous opposition?! What are you all doing?! Run for your lives!

^He took out a golden cloth and ran it over his axe rapidly, but slowed his pace after glancing down at it, then glancing a moment longer, a clear sign of this thoughts: Huh . . . That's odd . . .^

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Kid, do you have my friend mixed up with someone else?

()Kenizz slid on his feet into Celle's house, then took a seat in one of her recliners. There was no point in taking an extra effort to heal himself; his regeneration was more than enough.()

*~Celle wordlessly stood in the doorway sideways, leaving plenty of room around her tiny body for the n00bsicle to see that Kenizz had an empty box of shits to give. She pursed her mouth and held up an open palm as the universal symbol for, "Really, dude?"~*

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 am

Keyfie shrugs and turns to face Celle. "May I?" He asks, gesturing towards her shop.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:00 pm

^The n00b was literally shaking. It was equal parts frustration, concern, and intimidation. He barely kept from gritting his teeth as he called out,^

He is a dark knight! Who cares who he is?! He is clearly evil! How badly must he have subjugated you for you all to be so complacent?! Who are you, dark one?!

Return to “Village Broadway”