Time and Answers

The local tavern-inn is a great meeting hall that takes a nice chunk of the village's east side up. To those who like or get used to the somewhat dank feel of the place, this is a second home, if not a first, replete with plenty of space, good food, good drinks, cozy rooms, and a village full of mostly kind people.
Keyfie
Posts in topic: 29
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Re: Time and Answers

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Keyfie blinks and then laughs nervously. "That would be a smart idea, wouldn't it?", Keyfie says before he puts the knapsack on the table.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Good catch, Joe.

Any time.

()Kenizz took his seat back and rifled through the sack, pulling items out and inspecting the money, sorting it into same-number stacks.()

Okay, I'm pretty sure that the numbers on your dollars accurately depict their values, but take one of each and hand them to Joe to scan. These blue things are called demon fangs. They're not actually, you know, fangs of demons, but they are dropped from a lot of monsters, many of which have demonic attitudes. I don't know of any non-trade function of them, but they're each worth one dollar. Other than that, it looks like you have a little basic survival gear, your weapons, and one very nice bed roll. I don't see a good storage system, though. Am I missing anything about this bag?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 am

Keyfie shakes his head. "No. I truly never had to carry a lot of things. Living outdoors made it a habit of keeping only the basics."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:37 am

Geez, no kidding. "Basics," indeed. You don't even have a subspace storage pocket to hold much more. Anyway, take these over there.

()He handed one of each kind of dollar bill that Keyfie owned back to the mage.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:16 pm

I never really need much else . . . Keyfie thinks while he follows Kenizz's instruction.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Joe takes each note and sweeps it under the counter at an impressive rate.

Yeap, as marked.

Cool. If you're from any of the dimensions that I think that you're from, your classification of numbers should match at least one of our most common forms, so it should be easy enough to adapt to the economy.

()As the dark knight replaced Keyfie's goods into the sack in the exact same orientation in which they had been taken out, dark purple symbols appeared over his head as though written on a chalkboard. Keyfie could easily recognize three of the five blocks of text to be values in Arabic numerals, Roman numerals, and tally marks, along with equal signs between some of them to show equivalencies and English word descriptions for the values, going up to the trillions and down to the trillionths digits, with an "et cetera" written above and below each one. The tally marks only went up to five, then a small block of text explained that further tally values are just shown in more groups or with a "* N" after one, making it unfavorable for large numbers. There were a total of seven different number classifications that appeared over Kenizz' head, wrapping around so that they appeared to be aligned in a semicircle around Keyfie's perspective. Kenizz noted the looks of familiarity when Keyfie looked upon the first three, conveniently right in a row in the center of the semicircle (i.e. right over Kenizz' head and 10 degrees to each side) and stopped magically supporting the symbols, so they faded before Keyfie had much of a chance to learn another system.()

So, you see how much money you have without counting trade value of your survival gear?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:44 pm

"I'm guessing that I should have a total of $297.00?" Keyfie answers. His eyes focused on the dark knight. "I'm not too sure of the economy here, so I'm not sure if that would mean I'm well off or what."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:14 am

Right. Well, you just had a filling, healthy steak that will cure some basic fevers and improve your ability to resist blindness from sand plus a refreshing salad with detoxifying magic for five bucks. Oh, and the steak gives you a little earth resistance, but it's pretty small . . . Anyway, food is plentiful and thus cheap, so plenty of meals cost even less. That should help to give you some perspective. You're not particularly rich, but you have enough money to buy some helpful items and still be able to live comfortably for a while.

()Kenizz suspected that he'd have to explain something more about that in addition to answering more economic perspective questions, but he just kicked back and let Keyfie lead the conversation.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:32 am

Keyfie blinks momentarily before he raises an eyebrow. "You mean magic may be infused into something without an inlay of some sort in this dimension?"
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:43 am

Well, yeah. I mean, inlays are great, but you don't need them, of course. Is that a necessity for enchanting where you're from or something?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:05 am

"It's the only way I found in order to keep a continual magical effect in other items.” Keyfie replies while his thumb rubs the inlay pattern on his swallow.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Fft, really? That sounds pretty sucky. No enchanting food, drinks, or undergarments without extensive padding around the inlays? You know, to prevent chafing. Sucky,

()the dark knight commented as he tossed Keyfie's belongings back to their owner. He headed for the doorway and held it open for Keyfie again.()

On we go, then?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Gathering up his possessions, Keyfie thanks the barkeep and shoulders his pack. "Off we shall go!" He exclaims happily before stepping out of the building.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Return to “The Muddy Breeze”