Time and Answers

The local tavern-inn is a great meeting hall that takes a nice chunk of the village's east side up. To those who like or get used to the somewhat dank feel of the place, this is a second home, if not a first, replete with plenty of space, good food, good drinks, cozy rooms, and a village full of mostly kind people.
NPA
Posts in topic: 29
Guild:

Re: Time and Answers

Post by NPA » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Heh, that's fine . . .

()At this point, Kenizz saw it as impolite to ask why. He didn't particularly care if the silence afterward was what many people label as "awkward," though, so he just casually kept eating while reading his arm.()

Keyfie
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Keyfie waited patiently while he took this opportunity to relax fully. Harder for him considering the last time he was able to try to relax was moments before the villainous men attacked his home killing his parents and hunted him down like a frightened hare. Eventually the only thought on his mind was how the Atypical Institution may help him understand the glyphs that sent him to this alien world.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:29 am

You new to interdimensional travel entirely or just here?

()the dark knight asked before taking the last couple bites of his meal.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:42 am

Keyfie looks at the dark knight with a forced smile. "This is definitely a first for me. Back on Earth, there are people who believed that other dimensions existed but no idea how to visit them. So, they weren't able to be proven. Just a lot to process . . . Even for me."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:56 am

Ah. That's why you don't have a name for your dimension-intersection. Okay. Can you recall other names of your galaxy and planet, how many stars you have and their names, and how to spell these?

()He stacked his salad bowl into Keyfie's and pulled a pen and a sheet of paper out from behind his back as he inquired.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:41 am

Keyfie looks down, somewhat embarrassed. "Honestly, I have little knowledge when it comes to astronomy. The only start in the Sol system that I know of for certain is Sol, the sun. Earth is the third planet from it."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 am

Oh, okay, that's what you meant with the "Sol System" thing. Okay, that narrows it down a bit . .v.

()Kenizz stared at his arm yet more.()

A rail-thin, but cute maid with long, thick bull horns came by and picked up the dishes with no interruption and only a quaint smile.

Thanks, hun,

()the dark knight chanted without looking up.()

She turned to give him a little wave and kept moving.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Keyfie watches the maid walk away momentarily before returning his attention to Kenizz. "I really do wish I could give you more details than that."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Eh, I've heard worse.

()Kenizz turned his arm for Keyfie to see again. Three incredibly complex, ornate and presumably foreign astrological maps were displayed.()

Any of this look familiar?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:51 pm

What in the world am I supposed to be able to get out of all of this?, Keyfie thinks to himself a he examines the images intently. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea what I'm staring at here. The Solar System I'm from has the star Sol, and nine planets . . . Well, eight pants if you want to not count Pluto as one."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:45 pm

()With an eyebrow cocked oddly, Kenizz mouthed to himself, "Why?" but thought that asking wouldn't really get anywhere.()

Okay, well, I think that I've narrowed you down to one of these three, or perhaps one of those six. That helps a little. If you're from just about any of these, social conventions and typical language shouldn't be so different that you can't function. So, what will you do, now?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 pm

"Well, If you have time, I would love to see your friend about the gear we were discussing, then possibly either try to find some work around here to make some cash, or maybe try to find other new people to this dimension. I mean, from how you are dealing with this situation it must happen a lot." Keyfie says as he stands up and collects his belongings.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Sure. Well, a lot of people here are not native, but I don't exactly keep a database of everyone who only came here recently. I mean, maybe some people do . . . I haven't introduced a lot of n00bs, personally. We can just walk around town or whatever. You want to see about the gear first, though, right? I can show you to my friends whenever you're ready to go.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 pm

"Well . . . No time better than the present. Lead the way, my good sir!" Keyfie exclaims as he pushes his chair back underneath the table and waves a farewell to the barkeep.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Awright. It looks like Celle is busy, but I know of several people on the Village Broadway that would have 3DMG info. Let's go.

()Kenizz likewise stood and pushed in his chair as he said this.()

. . . but another barkeep, a heavily armored, 4'10" dwarf with large weapons leaning on the wall behind him, interjected,

Hey, Kenizz, did you already ask if he is keeping inventory?

Oh, right, yeah. You beat some orcs, you said, so maybe you picked up some loot. Do you want us to count out what it is and make sure that you know how much each of your currency units are worth?

Return to “The Muddy Breeze”