Time and Answers

The local tavern-inn is a great meeting hall that takes a nice chunk of the village's east side up. To those who like or get used to the somewhat dank feel of the place, this is a second home, if not a first, replete with plenty of space, good food, good drinks, cozy rooms, and a village full of mostly kind people.
Keyfie
Posts in topic: 29
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Re: Time and Answers

Post by Keyfie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:05 am

Keyfie hands over five dollars and thanks the barkeep. "Well Kenizz, I'm not sure I would call it a vehicle. I mean I want to keep it as light as possible while not hindering my own maneuverability, both in and out out combat. Maybe something that is rechargeable or something, but like most of my items, I would like to siphon energy out of it if I need. Know someone that might be able to help with that?"
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 am

The barman returns the nod of gratitude and informs,

"Thank you, sir. I'll go scan this and return with yours, Kenizz. Enjoy your meal."

Thanks, man. Oh, thinking of something small, huh? Maybe a mobile armor piece or something. You're a wind guy, so maybe you could just pick up some containers that you can use energy to fill with air, then connect it to some feed into something that can spit it back out to propel you, like a balloon, chute, or propeller. Hmm . . .

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 am

Keyfie slowly eats his meal while he gets lost in the multitudes if possibilities. "Balloons, chutes, and propellers are too bulky. Perhaps I could have it just have it blast compressed air out like I have always done instead. Maybe have it to where it also uses a high tensile strength anchor line that's propelled by compressed air." Keyfie half says to himself while he pokes at his food.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 am

The barkeep comes back to deliver the salad with a smile. The steak was not particularly remarkable. Its flavor was like something between chicken and pork, and its texture was almost just like pork, but more crunchy. It was the color of recently tanned leather, too. Overall, it was different to Keyfie, but not very much so, and not particularly outstanding, yet satisfactory.

()He met an acknowledging thumb up from Kenizz.()

Oh, yeah, like that- What's it called? Something maneuver gear. My buddy's grandpa invented it when he was my age, so you'd think that I could remember- Ah, Three-Dimensional Maneuver Gear, so named for its purpose of traversing the three primary dimensions of Seinvocc's space.

()He looked up from his sleeve to take a bite of his salad.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:30 am

"Three-Dimensional maneuver gear? Kind of lacking in the creative name department there . . . Are they hard to handle?" Keyfie asks while he looks to ensure that his belongings are still where he had placed them.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Keyfie's stuff is just as he had left it. The barkeep gives Kenizz a thumb up to let him know that the money was good, a slightly helpful indicator that Keyfie was being genuine.

()The dark knight gave a nod toward the bar, that being the only part of the interaction that the wind mage could see. He paused to swallow his bite, then responded,()

Yeah, we can't all be good at naming things, I guess. It was invented some time ago. Anyway, yeah, most of the models. Especially for the earlier versions, the idea was to sacrifice convenience for effectiveness a lot. You know, for the people that are willing to invest the time to learn a skill, it gives a lot of freedom. There are plenty of easier models, though, if that's what you want.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:06 pm

"I don't think it will be that hard for me to learn . . . I'm a fast learner. I want something that won't break on me, because I plan on using it a lot. Something that is really easy to maintain while also being on my person. When we are done eating, I would love to meet your friend to see about commissioning me one. I have some ideas I want to run by them." Keyfie says with a sly grin, while he bites into the steak.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:27 pm

()Kenizz took another bite of his salad while he pondered.()

Oh, you mean- Naw. My buddy is not into the 3DMG, personally. After his grandpa made the first few models, it was a colleague that really ran with the upgrades, and new developments have been contributed by all sorts of others. His dad kept track of things for a while, but it was never really much of a family trade. Other people around town would be happy to sell you a good one, though.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Keyfie shrugs before swallowing the bite, while looking around the room. "Either way, I would like to see about getting my own."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:46 pm

()Kenizz nodded and kept eating his salad, just enjoying the meal. Who should he talk to about getting one of them? he wondered. With little personal interest in the gear, he was having trouble deciding off-hand who would be the best person to ask about it. Celle is a pretty experienced sky pirate, and a talkative and curious one, too. I'll bet that she will have seen some models and accrued some information. Wondering if she was available to talk to, Kenizz again stared at his sleeve.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:26 am

Keyfie looks at Kenizz's wrist. "What exactly is that you keep looking at?" Keyfie asks while pointing with his fork towards the wrist.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

What, this? Oh, it's just a screensleeve. Had a couple technomancers and- Well, the other guy was a somnomancer, but he's a good enchanter, too- whip it up for me.

()Looking up to gauge Keyfie's thoughts from the look on his face, Kenizz suspected that he should continue his explanation for a bit.()

It's just a magical screen that works as a computer. Mine is pretty basic: It accesses Internets, but only those of the universes in Seinvocc plus four others. It has a handy and expansive database system that I use for dynamic dossiers, personal and collaborative project details, the unified Houcm telephone system and a few private lines, maps, notes, alarms, books and other documents, and combat and treasure logs. I only use two Internet-independent messaging lines. Its hacking and programming tools are pretty basic. I have a few games on it and software to stream games from my home consoles, but I mostly prefer to play those on bigger screens, so I don't use that much. I do have a pretty high-grade privacy enchantment built in, though. Right now, I'm checking on the locational status of an acquaintance of mine. How much of what I'm saying makes any sense to you?

()The dark knight turned his arm to show Keyfie the part of the forearm that is in line with the inner elbow. The screen showed a pretty girl in a steampunk outfit, looking much like the cosplayer and model Rin from Keyfie's home, if he was at all familiar with her, with a lot of text to the right of the pic. The text was so foreign-looking that it could as easily be two alphabets scrawled over one another as anything.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 am

"Honestly it all made sense. Something like that may be very handy later on, having the wide variety of information available at just your fingertips . . . It sounds like a variant of the omni-tool from a game I read about back on Earth." Keyfie replies with his eyes glued to the contraption on Kenizz's forearm. Keyfie takes the last bite off his plate and sets the fork down with a satisfied smile. "I'm finding this place very . . . Refreshing"
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 am

()Kenizz retracted his arm to read more, then glanced up and chuckled.()

Good, good. You know, I don't know about where you're from, but food doesn't run away on its own, here. Well, not once it's cooked, usually. Bit of a fast eater, huh?

()he casually remarked before continuing to stuff his own face.()

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Keyfie laughs nervously as he rubs the back of his neck."Well yeah. Usually I have to eat fast because I was always on the move."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Return to “The Muddy Breeze”