Making Sense of Abilities

Sometimes, threads or posts should be deleted, yet still hold some purpose, such as exemplification. In such cases, they will be moved here, so that they are not to be considered as actual occurrences of their respective forums, but can still be viewed for whatever alternative reason.
K
Posts in topic: 3
Guild:

Making Sense of Abilities

Post by K » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 pm

1) Explain how the HUDS can just pick things out to magically see through, 'cause just saying something like "It uses x-rays!" isn't gonna' work, especially since you've already had to have me explain x-rays to you.
2) X-rays can give you ideas of materials, but reember that this is a different dimension, in which many different things may absorb x-rays equally.
3) You keep talking about data waves and such as though they make perfect sense. Please explain what "data waves" you're using in stuff, because actual data is transferred via electrical pulses...
4) Keep the little RH summinings stuff down; remember that. Also, organic or not, objects are objects... Your so-called "object creation" includes non-living, dead, and living objects by definition... >_> Not that using holograms to summon material objects makes sense, but I have a problem with elemental summoning. I mean, using some light with a little machine system can allow you to summon pretty much anything, including darkness? It makes no sense whatsoever, to say nothing of the fact that it can pretty easily be overpowered.
5) Despite the atrocious English, I understood the verniers, so they're good.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

the General
Posts in topic: 2
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by the General » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm

@: 1) Explain how the HUDS can just pick things out to magically see through, 'cause just saying something like "It uses x-rays!" isn't gonna' work, especially since you've already had to have me explain x-rays to you.

Response: how the shit should I know. If I did I would see my knowladge to the american government and be rich as bill gates. Its a futuristic device that let's him do shit that sounds sciency.

@: 2) X-rays can give you ideas of materials, but reember that this is a different dimension, in which many
Response: already have this planned out.

@:
3) You keep talking about data waves and such as though they make perfect sense. Please explain what "data waves" you're using in stuff, because actual data is transferred via electrical pulses...

Response: please see the last sentance of the first response

@:4) Keep the little RH summinings stuff down; remember that. Also, organic or not, objects are objects... Your so-called "object creation" includes non-living, dead, and living objects by definition... >_> Not that using holograms to summon material objects makes sense, but I have a problem with elemental summoning. I mean, using some light with a little machine system can allow you to summon pretty much anything, including darkness? It makes no sense whatsoever, to say nothing of the fact that it can pretty easily be overpowered.

Response: I'll take away the elemental one. And watch star trek. They have the holodeck that can make real shit. As well as their replicators for food and weapons and stuff. I just took the idea made it east style and godified it
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 pm

1) -sigh- You know that a bunch of RP sites have "no future shit" rules, right? I'm being as lenient as I can, but you have to at least TRY to make SOME sense. Nowadays, we can offer at least some sort of semi-logical explanation for just about anything that we can think of, so at least try, so that people can't just be disabled from interferring with ANYTHING that you can do just because no one understands what you do.
2) I see. Well, just keep it in mind.
3) Please see my rebuttal.
4) You don't REALLY expect me to accept Star Trek logic, do you? When someone is sitting in any vessel, do they have to have seizures as they talk? Do people who wear red shirts have to die in each thread? Need I go on? xD
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

the General
Posts in topic: 2
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by the General » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm done. My explanations in each weapon, catagory and subcatagory STAYas they are. I worked hard. On them. I spent hours typing on a blackberry. I'll rp how I was in all the threads. Why? Cause it was all flowing smoothly I had fun in the Laola, Ashart and Rebhekah thread. I got to summons a berry and a cup of water and a steamy steak. Its how the General role, its how I rp. I'm not changing again. I'm sick of changing to please others. My simple explanations are fine.

This in an argument I will use and keep using because I'm 100 percent sure we both don't anna argue, bicker, protest, hate, bitch or get upset over an rp site. Your experiance and my experiance on escellsia prove this.

"Once you can tell me with scientific proof how to conjure up a fire ball in t he palm of your hand. I will do my very best with research and. .study to tell you how quantum physics and the real hologram system scientifically works
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Bill, that is disrespectful. I spent DAYS and DAYS writing shit up for this site, I don't get so much as a "thanks", I know that people walk away from the site because they don't understand shit and don't have the balls to ask, my fuck-ups are potentially cataclysmic, I spend hours and hours to refine things and rewrite them for everyone who's just not as smart as I'd like them to be, people who simply are used to different explanation methods, et cetera, I spend hours and hours helping ingrates like you with your senseless character details, and I don't cock this whole, "I applied some effort, so don't touch it" attitude. It's one thing that a bunch of people hate on every fucking site, Esc included. I am lenient, I am benevolent, I keep trying to help, explain, clarify, and otherwise improve things for everyone, despite the fact that I get about as much appreciation as such fuck-ups as Nancy Pelosi, and you don't hear me bitchin', do ya'? No. I haven't complained ONCE until now, and that's only because you brought it up. Now, since we've established that I'm not complaining about managing EVERY DAMNED CHARACTER, you can sit your ass down and apply SOME effort to ONE of your own. Got it? No? Then shut the blood up for a while and come back once you can come off your high horse and actually TRY to be reasonable, and not some proud-ass godmod.

Aside from several scientific explanations that I can think of just off the top of my head, you mean? Oh, you mean like how I explained most magic in a way that NO ONE ELSE on Esc has even attempted? Go ahead; read that training thread with Slain. Yeah. That's what I thought. I'm not even asking you to give one HUNDREDTH of the explanation that I have for just ONE BLOODY THING, so get off your lazy ass and give SOME explanation for what I said. I didn't say that you needed to explain quantum physics; I'm asking you to give SOME sort of reason why things work, rather than just saying that they do. Besides, the ER spectrum is studied clear back in middle school science and high school chemistry, then more extensively in high school physics. You're 22. You have taken at least a couple of those classes, and if you intend to use knowledge that you don't have, you'd better get off your lazy ass and study. Have you read Laola's abilities? Guess how they were made? They were made by looking at some botanical names of some weapons, links from those, and some other ideas that led to similar botany, and researching EVERY DAMNED WIKI PAGE OF EVERY DAMNED GENUS, not to mention several species, families, and other taxons, countless things that weren't used... I'm not even asking you to apply a THOUSANDTH of the effort that was put into her abilities. Grow the fuck up and give something that at least RESEMBLES a logical explanation for something, if you want to use it. SORRY for asking you to sound like you're something beyond a 4-year-old who wants to fly around in saucers that aren't even as big as humans.

Oh, and it's Asher and Rebekah, bright one.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Purposeful Deleted”