Bill's Abilities

Sometimes, threads or posts should be deleted, yet still hold some purpose, such as exemplification. In such cases, they will be moved here, so that they are not to be considered as actual occurrences of their respective forums, but can still be viewed for whatever alternative reason.
Revil
Posts in topic: 3
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Re: Theory or Reality, Newtype Abraham Noah Revil

Post by Revil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:40 pm

The bio sensor now bumps revil from 23 stars to 30. That's what it does.

Archon form is now locked till level 3 because at this rank hell be able to turn into archon form then do nothing more.
DANGER: Human Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Archon Rising
phpBB [media]

Forever Calm
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Money: $340
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Okay, whatever. We'll go over the Archon shit when you try to add it. Approved, for now.
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

the General
Posts in topic: 10
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by the General » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 17
Guild:

Post by K » Mon May 23, 2011 7:58 pm

See Bill's Bios.

Notice that I threw him a bone and let him have an infinite energy source as long as it was limited to some fairly weak, though still useful, attacks. Notice that he still whined about it then. Most of the whining can't be seen here, but you get the idea. Especially if I bend the rules a bit to allow something that would normally be overpowered, don't whine because I want it to be limited.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Posts in topic: 4
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Health: **
Mana:****
Strength: ****
Magic Power: ****
Chakra: **
Resistance Defense:*
Defense: **
Speed: *****
(Missiles: *****(*)
Weapon's Beam: ********)
Mental Stamina: **
Physical Stamina:****

***=An average power factor (*) is half an astricks.

All costs are relative to the Power Factor, unless otherwise stated.

Mythril Generation

This is her ability to summon mythril. It is what first allowed her to summon her weapons for battle. With this ability she can summon mythril only for herself. For once she stops funnelling mana to the mythril the mythril dissolves into a sandy white dust. For a list of things she can summon with mythril see Sakuya's inventory list. Permanency is added to her at level 3. Added to this is her ability to detect and sense metal at a range of 15 meters per level. It is detailed enough to find weapons at rank 1 and ore at rank 2 and types of ore at rank 3 where as rank 4 let's her summons ore that is not mythril in place of mythril.

Tears

Tear is an ability that causes the targets strength to increase by 50% while decreasing thier speed by 30% for the period in which it is activated. The effect lasts for only 11 seconds. It appears as a twinkle of lights around the target that after 2 seconds explodes causing the effect.

Cost: ****
Requires: Mana
Removable By Esuna, Remedy, Clear
Range: 25 Meters

Snare

Snare is a de-buff that causes the targets speed to be reduced by 34% for 11 seconds. It appears as a red circle that forms around the target and moves in at a speed equal to half of the speed of Sakuya. Snare and hi-snare can not be stacked with themselves or each other.

Hi-Snare

Hi-Snare is the exact same as Snare except it halves the effect time for a 50% speed reduction as opposed to 34%.

De-Physik

De-Physik is a de-buff that cause the target's Defense to decrease by 40% for 12 seconds. It appears as a blue circle that forms around the target and moves in at a speed equal to half the speed of Sakuya.

Anti-Magic Depth Charge

The Anti-Magic Depth Charge is a de-buff that causes the target be unable to cast mana based abilities for 10 seconds. It has a high cost part of which does not let Sakuya use magical abilities for 10 seconds. It appears as a green beam that uses half of Sakuya's speed.

Cost: *****

Sap

Sap is a spell that once casted transfers mana from the target into Sakuya. It appears as a yellow circle that forms around the target and moves in at a speed equal to 80% of the speed of Sakuya. Once casted Sakuya is unable to move for the time the circle requires to close.

Cost: ***
Steals: ***(*)
Required: Mana

Bubble Sheild

Once casted the Bubble Shield creates a barrier of elementless magic that acts as a defense. It forms as a bubble shaped energy shield which denies entry to things such as bullets or magic by adapting to the attack that strikes it, it does not work on vehicles and people. it forms a 5 meter radius bubble from where it was casted. Lasts about 45 seconds or until dispelled and forces the opponent to use close range tactics.

Removeable By Stacking 3 Dispells

Drop Shield

A variant of the bubble shield, this ability forms a magical bubble of healing energy that heals those fortunate enough to be within its sphere of influence. It lasts for about 13 seconds and has a moderate healing rate that is proportional to the max Health Energy. It has a 10 meter radius, it also heals enemies caught inside it as well.

Cost: ***(*)
Heals: Tissue Damage and Health Energy
Removable By Dispell

Overshield

A different version of the bubble shield that summons 5 floating crystals of magical energy that spin around the caster to reduce damage by 35% each it lasts until each crystal is destroyed, each crystal can only survive one hit. Is it casted by raising an arm into the air and forming a fist then pushing it towards the ground.

Cost: **(*)

Flare

Flare emits a blinding flash for anyone that looks at it. It lasts for 10 seconds. It is thrown as a small ball of light, like a grenade. It deals no damage.

Cost: *
Removable By Dispell
Range: 20 Meters

Power Drain

http://halowiki.net/images/a/a5/Power_Drain_Header.jpg

The Power Drainer is an ability that once activated, emits an almost EMP like blue pulse that depletes and drains a small amount mana and chakra for 10 seconds. It also causes machines and technology to loose energy/mana/chakra at 6% per second for 3 seconds. This excludes summoned technology. It has a 20 meter radius from where it was casted. It like the Flare starts as a small grenade like ball of blue light.

Removable By Dispell
Range: 20 Meters

Armor Lock

Armor Lock is an ability that prevents the caster from taking any magical or physical damage (does not apply to null attacks). Only usable with the Amaterasu funnel system is active and in turn it forces the player to remain frozen in place. When deactivated, after two seconds or longer, it sends out a force blast to nearby enemies, and pushes them away from the caster. The longer it it used the more mana consumes and the faster it consumes it. (1% = 1 second, 2% = 2 seconds, 4% = 3 seconds, 8% = 4 seconds) it must be used in increments of 1 second or greater.

Required: Mana, Amaterasu Funnel System
Not Removable By Dispell

Evade

The Evade ability increases the casters chance of dodging by quickly forcing them into a tucked roll in any direction to avoid the danger by increasing their speed by 170% for the time they are in the roll. The caster can evade two times before having to wait 12 seconds to use it again.

Cost: **

Hologram

Hologram summons a virtual doppelganger of the caster. The hologram will flicker away if it is either damaged enough or if it reaches its 10 second lifespan limit.

Sprint

Sprint is an ability that allows the user to move with a 70% increase in speed for approximately 7 seconds at the cost of all other abilities not being able to be used during the seven seconds.

Poke

When used the next successful strike by the caster become a 2 second stun.

Range: Contact

Equal Heal

A healing ability that allows the caster to give up an equal amount of Mana for an equal amount of health to the target.

Cost: Variable
Range: 2 Meters

Flash Heal

A quick healing spell that heals at double the speed of the equal heal, however it costs double the mana of Equal Heal. If the caster normally uses Equal Heal for 2 seconds, Flash heal would take 1 second bust cost double the mana of the Equal Heal.

Range: 2 Meters

Curaga

Cures one selected status ailment.

Requires: Status Ailment/Mana
Range: Self

Life

Revive one unconscious target other than the user.
Requires: Mana/Unconscious Target/Level 3

Lightweight Grenade

Summons a grenade from any type of magic that can be tossed and thrown as a grenade. It's power factor is determined by the amount of mana put into the grenade.

Lighting
Ice
Gravity
Earth
Light
Darkness
Fire
Water
Air

Range: 10 meters, 100% damage. 20 meters, 80 damage and so on.
Shield Slam

Only usable with a physical shield, this ability coats the casters shield in electric magic that upon contact with anything conducive, sends the electric magic into the object that comes in contact with. Remains active until something causes a reaction or it is dispelled. It appears as tiny sparks travelling the ridges of the shield. The power factor is slightly higher then the cost.

Cost: ***
Requires: Mana, Sheild
Removable By Dispell
Last edited by Sakuya on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Jules
Posts in topic: 2
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=505
Guild:

Post by Jules » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Can she use her Mythril Generation to summon the metal for any other purpose?

You mean that Tears halves her MAG, not MA, right? Also, you can tone the cost down.

The depth charge (Everyone is so tired of hearing that term...) can be toned up. You screw yourself over three ways for one effect on the foe (if it hits).

Make Sap a bit slower, okay?

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:15 am

Edited. Could I have a copy of the picture you used for Jules, I like the glove she is wearing. The glove with the jewel.

Jules
Posts in topic: 2
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=505
Guild:

Post by Jules » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 am

Um, you didn't edit it at all... What do you want it for? o.o
Business Typical

Infinity Puzzle

Govern the Stars

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:14 pm

I've added a few more abilitiesn it's not done yet.

Leilani
Money: $315
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:27 pm

You're . . . not even . . . trying . . . -_- I'm done with you. You look over your own shit, read the rules, and get back to me when you seriously believe that you've covered all the bases as much as you can.

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 pm

It's clearly not done, I was planning on fixing it later. What I was looking for was opinions on specific things. Not just a fix it. That's like me telling you that shakspear spelled romeo wrong, go find it. I'm here to have fun on seinvocc, a little bit of fun I can't find on escellsia. I'll do my very best on this making sure to me it makes 100% sense. I'll remove all it stop, it cancels, it denies, it steal, it goes, ect ect.

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

You're missing the point. If you just throw up a bunch of things that don't make sense (example: "...while halving her Mana..." We cleared this up before, and you just keep regressing.), ignoring us when we point things out that fail (Like I said, you keep regressing on such fallacies as that.), refuse to read the regulations that would seriously help you (Stats and Parameters, for this example), and just keep postiing that you edit, edit, edit, you're obligating us to come review your shit which is a waste of our time. It'd be like posting a suggestion on Ves or Esc, in a way. I could go make a logical suggestion, and I could keep adjusting it and adjusting it, and I'd just be bugging them because my suggestion wouldn't fit their ways. The difference here is that it's not a matter of a logical thing being shot down by the ways of the site, but your ways being shot down by the logic of the site. Stop wasting our time with edit after edit. Think something through all the way, then we'll give you specific problems. Until then, every time that anyone tries to tell you that something's wrong, you just whine because it's a WIP, then you edit it, and the next time that you edit it, it's right back the way that it was. You're not learning.
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Leilani
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 am

"Permanancy is at level." Um, what?
What's this about metal detection? Is it just a magical sensory of where metals are? How detailed is it? To what range? If it's nothing too special, it won't require a cost.

Tears sounds like an autohit, which means that it's definitely overpowered. Those effects aren't SO strong, but they're plenty strong enough, and that cost does not justify them as an autohit.

After some quick calculations, Snare doesn't look to be too problematic . . . However, there stands the question of whether or not it's stackable with itself. I don't see why it wouldn't stack with other SPD-reducing effects, like Tears (though you can have it be totally unstackable, if you want.), but stacking with itself is certainly a problem. Hi-Snare should be fine as long as Snare is established to be fine.

De-Physic can be toned up a bit to match Snare, as long as the stackability question is answered correctly.

The Anti-Magic Depth Charge can be toned up a touch more, if you want. Since you specify that it disables every ability that spends MA for the opponent, but only disables those which are clearly defined as "magical" for you, you do get the upper hand, which is good. That upper hand isn't a whole lot, though, especially considering the slightly sub-par speed and the high cost.

Sap is still rather mean. You steal quite a lot with something that is very difficult to dodge. See, when Noah casts Syphon, its cost is pretty low, but it doesn't steal very much, and it's easy enough to dodge (Well, sorta'. It is Noah; he has plenty of traps up his sleeve.). Think of it like this:
Yours offers a slightly worse gain ratio. Syphon requires less MA, steals less, but the amount that it steals is closer to about 7/4ths of what's spent, not 4/3rds.
Yours steals more. The gain ratio isn't as good, but you can more effectively disable other mages just because you take more.
Yours is much more difficult to avoid. It occurs very quickly and with little warning.
You can see that it doesn't quite balance out. Tone it down.

You're missing img tags.
Bubble Shield lists two duration lengths. It also isn't described very well. You say that it's an offensive ability that's used defensively. I just see defense. You say that it relies on your MAG to determine its magnitude. Well, duh. You project a magical barrier. Of course, it's determined by your MAG. Also, let me get this straight: It blocks all projectiles (except null attack projectiles), but people and vehicles can go right through it for close-range attacks within the area. Is this so?

Drop Shield isn't specified very much. It sounds to me that it doesn't recognize friendly fire, so enemies can be healed by it, no? If that's so, it doesn't sound problematic.

How does Overshield work? What is its animation/appearance? In any case, its description seems to be a bit underpowered . . . Then again, you haven't discussed a dispulsion level, so I really can't be sure.

Flare deals no damage, right? It can be of a lower cost.

"It also renders machines and technology unusable for the time it is active, excluding summoned technology." Ahaha, no . . . Just no. I shouldn't have to explain how that's overpowered. You can shut down entire structures too easily, that way. Aside from that, it doesn't sound so bad.

"Pierce effects" don't work as different damage. Check the Terminology. >_> Anyway, Armor Lock is hugely OP. It's near invincibility, so you can just wait for someone to use a really big attack, then activate it for just a split second to take nothing. That's serious bullshit. I'm guessing that this inexplicable "force push" is just a KB factor, not damaging, but, even without using that at all, the near-invincibility is tremendously OP.

So, Evade is a glorified dodge roll with a cost? Why? What exactly makes it so special? It is because it occurs at such a sharply increased speed, or what? Also, how long do you have to wait before using it again after two uses?

What's with Hologram? How much damage can it take? It can be less costly if it doesn't attack or anything.

Sprint could be more costly, for something that will make you nearly untouchable for a while. It also disables abilities, but not normal attacks, so you could very easily whale on others while being untouchable. This needs to be toned down quite a bit.

Whoa! Seven full seconds, independent of anything? Are you insane? That's an eternity in a battle. If I have to stand there and be stunned while you unleash some very powerful attacks on me or something, seven seconds is a long time. You'll have to either lower the magnitude a lot or vastly raise the cost and limits.

Equal Heal doesn't sound like an issue (though some clarification on its animation, as with many other abilities, would be helpful), but Flash Heal doesn't say much. What do you mean, it works at double the speed for a raised cost? How much is the cost raised, and how much faster? We don't even know how fast Equal Heal is.

Curaga . . . Um, okay, then . . . Do you select the status ailment to remedy, or is it random? If it's random, how it it determined?

Life: Save it for a higher Level.

Light Grenade (misnomer?) isn't bad. Is its power factor equivalent to its cost, or what? What's the radius?

All right, so what's the power factor of Shield Slam? I'm guessing that it's a bit higher than the cost, given the fact that it requires certain conditions, namely a shield block, to work.

Broad statements: You need to define ranges, not just radii. This should be considered with the costs. I presume that the elemental grenades are thrown with your STR, so that range is self-explanatory, but what about all the others? You also need to specify purification/dispulsion levels, as seen in Clarification. You need to specify them for everything that stays as an effect on a target (including yourself, like Overshield, Sprint, and Poke). If Shield Slam does not receive clarification, it is assumed that any equipment-targeting dispulsion method will work. As for Bubble Shield and Power Drain, are they targetable like characters, so the classic "Dispel" spell, "Crackdown," or a similarly simple dispulsion method can work, or what?

Choh Lehko
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $297
Abilities: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=278
Inventory: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=279
Allies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=280
Factions: Triumvirate
Guild:

Post by Choh Lehko » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:20 am

We have Levels, not ranks. -_-
This is what I see: At Lv1, I spend some MA for some temporary weapons. As soon as I hit Lv3, I can spend the same MA for permanent weapons, rinsing and repeating so that I have an infinite source of weapons to sell and use. I see a problem.
Getting to just use any material at Lv4 for weapons is overpowered. A lot of materials have some super effects. Take that out.

Wait... Now, Tears INCREASES the target's STR? That's new. Is that intentional? Does the light twinkle thingy follow along with the target as it moves? On that matter, can it stack with itself, or is it like its own status effect?

You didn't answer whether or not De-Physik is stackable.

I don't see a single change to the Anti-Magic Depth Charge, but, hey, if you won't listen, far be it from me to keep you from boning yourself.

That little detriment at the end of Sap isn't really a noteworthy change. Sakuya is fast, so Sap is fast. You disable your movement for almost no time at Lv1 and even less as your Level rises.

Bubble Shield is OP. To begin, it now isn't limited to phy and mag attacks, so it can even block null projectiles? How about not? It lasts a generous 45 seconds, which is plenty of time for low-Level fights and an eternity later on. It's just big enough that you can still take some advantage of your high SPD if someone comes in. It's difficult to dispel (and I'm assuming that it is to be targeted as one would target a character, like I said). For all this, the cost should be a mountain. Unrelatedly, I'm assuming the range to be immediate.

You didn't answer me on Drop Shield. Also, I'm guessing the range to be immediate, but confirmation would be nice.

Oversheild needs a serious description revision. This is what I see: I summon five crystals that orbit me. Each time that I take a hit, one crystal breaks, and the damage from the attack is reduced by 35%. Is this so? Give the dispulsion level.

You're still missing img tags...
Power Drain says that it depletes and drains. Does that mean that you harvest the depleted energy?
That'ssssss a nicccce range you got, thhhhere. Shooting it 20 meters out, then having it expand to a 20-meter radius is quite a bit, no? It's not a problem, though, if the answer to the former question is the negative.
How and why does it distinguish tech that has been summoned from that which has not?

I'm not even going to reason with you on Armor Lock, any more. I told you what was wrong. You talked to me in Y!M about toning it down, and you didn't really change anything. I told you in Y!M that you hadn't really changed anything and that it wasn't good, but you're trying it, anyway. No. Either figure out yourself how to make it tremendously weaker, or delete it.

Stop bloody ignoring me. What is with the hologram? If it's just virtual, how does it have any bearing on anything but as an illusion? How does it take damage, and how much can it take? What can it do; can it move and act? Be specific.

So, Sprint now only applies to MOVSPD?

Even two full seconds (especially since it apparently ignores everything but abilities that specifically reduce flinch factors) is more than enough time, for that cost.

Hologram through Poke need dispulsion levels.

I still see no animation description for Equal Heal or Flash Heal (nor several others, like Curaga and Life), and there's still no way to tell how fast either one is; we just know that Flash is twice as fast as Equal. You still don't say whether it works for tissue health/HE.

You still have no radius listed for the explosions. -_- Given the description, I'm going to assume this: Within 10 meters (100% power), the grenades are a bit stronger than their cost would dictate. Within 20 meters (80%), they're about right, and from there on, it's progressively worse in that pattern. Is this so?

By the way, you managed to misspell EVERY instance of Dispel.

K
Posts in topic: 17
Guild:

Post by K » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 am

I decided to throw this more recent edition of Bill's rudeness in here to further demonstrate a point:

When people say that there's something wrong with your stuff, DON'T IGNORE THEM. Even if they aren't admins (as in this case) or mods, a challenge to the validity/fairness of a characters' abilities, inventory, allies, or whatever else is a potentially serious matter. There is no excuse for blowing people off when they tell you that you're not playing fairly in a multiplayer game such as this. Furthermore, if I explain to you in excruciating detail what is wrong with something, especially when it's drastically wrong and not just a slight miscalculation, don't just leave it! If you still don't get what's wrong with it, open your mind, put things into perspective, and ask for it to be explained again, but don't just leave it as-is because you want your little invincibility trick or whatever it is that you're angling for.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Purposeful Deleted”