Dead Skills (Unfinished List and GUIDE TO FF MAGIC ON SEIN)

Sometimes, threads or posts should be deleted, yet still hold some purpose, such as exemplification. In such cases, they will be moved here, so that they are not to be considered as actual occurrences of their respective forums, but can still be viewed for whatever alternative reason.
K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Dead Skills (Unfinished List and GUIDE TO FF MAGIC ON SEIN)

Post by K » Tue May 17, 2011 3:13 am

I was born with strange abilities, and no one has any explanation for them. A genetic mutation isn't the cause, unless it's one that can't be detected by normal DNA scans.

Summon Poke`mon: I can summon and any non-legendary Poke`mon for two posts to help me in battle. They fight with me, not for me. Thrid-stage evolutions are locked until I'm R4, and legendaries are locked until I'm R2. At no point will I be able to summon Arceus.

Mimic Poke`mon: I can mimic the abilities of any Poke`mon that is under my control. However, this is exclusive to the abilities like "Torrent" and other abilities that act as supports for the Poke`mon that come with them. An ability can be retained for use for up to three days, but I can train to expand on this. This works on an ability inventory system, in which I can only hold so many abilities at different Ranks, and I must delete one of those that I am presently using in order to gain another, if my inventory is full. Some training may expand on this, but these are the bases at some Ranks:
Inventory size:
R7: 3
R5: 5
R3: 10
R1: 25

Metal Magic: Spells that deal with my affinity for the "element of metal". The kinetic energy of all Metal Magic is enchanted to only be controlled by me.
Form - I can alter my entire body into enchanted metal that allows all of my bodily functions to work normally. I can do this with a minimal cost of mana over time. This greatly increases my defense and magical resistance at the cost of some of my speed. In this form, I am immune to other things that would manipulate metals. As I Rank up, I will be able to develop this into a lighter, yet equally durable metal.
I will also learn to cast this in an area, giving the same effect to allies.
Generate - At a high mana cost, I can teleport metals from a planet in a different dimension that seems to have an infinite supply of them. Even small amounts come with somewhat large costs, right now.
Levitate - At a moderate mana cost, I can make metals float and fly around at my will.
Shard - I can control shards of metals to fly off the metal clump, usually in crescent shapes to slash as blades, and I can have metal shards fuse with metal clumps again. The shards can be curved and/or jagged, as well. The cost varies with the shard size, but it's usually not very much.
Spike - I can control metals to grow spikes, and I can have these spikes be shot off the metal. The spikes can be curved and/or jagged, as well. The cost varies with the spike size, but it's usually not very much.
Fuse - I can make metals fuse at a somewhat high mana cost. I can do this much more effeciently with shard-shaped metals (think mainly of crescent or crescent-like shapes, such as the shapes of material shards in KH games) with the Shard spell.

Black Magic: I can use spells of this set in proportion to my Rank and training. As of yet, I know the fundamentals of the spells, but need to learn methods to put them to use (I know how "Firaga" works, but I need to learn a way to actually cast it.). There are different spells that follow a format, and there are some spells that simply are what they are. For the latter, I have methods to cast them, but need to train and Rank to unlock them. (This is the same system that Noah Ivaldi uses.)
  • Format:
    Spell - Minimal cost and damage.
    a)
    Spellra - Medium cost and damage.
    Spellga - High cost and damage.
    Spellja - Huge cost and damage.
    b)
    Feyspell - Medium cost for a small boost to range and radius.
    Greatspell - High cost for a medium boost to range and radius.
    Grandspell - Huge cost for a high boost to range and radius.

a) and b) sets can be combined. For example, if I cast Feywatera (Feyspell + Spellra > Water), I can have the power of Watera with the range and radius of Feywater, though it costs the same as Waterga or Greatwater. Numerically speaking, one could number -ra and Fey- spells as 2, -ga and Great- spells as 3, -ja and Grand- spells as 4, total the numbers of combinations and subtract 1 for the relative cost. (In this example, 2 (-ra) + 2 (Great-) - 1 = 3, the same cost as -ga or Great- spell.)
  • Formatted Spells:
    Fire - fire-elemental spell
    Blizzard - ice-elemental spell
    Thunder - lightning-elemental spell
    Aero - wind-elemental spell
    Water - water-elemental spell
    Dark - dark-elemental spell
    Bio - non-elemental spell, may cause "Sap" (Note that this spell follows the above format, but is not quite as strong as the others, to make up for its secondary effect, which will activate less than 10% of the time.)
  • Non-Formatted Spells:
    Shock - lightning-LIKE shock is generated throughout and across the target's body; non-elemental spell with low cast time (The cost and power are both between Spellgas and Spelljas.) [R5 minimum]
    Ardor - red magic encircles an area, then detonates with a poweful, fire-elemental explosion; dring long cast time, those who are caught within magic circle suffer a massive draw-in effect (The cost and power are greater than Spelljas.) [R4 minimum]
    Scourge - higher Bio; in a large area, red-green-black, leech-like tentacles appear on foes, dealing non-elemental damage that may cause "Poison" and/or "Sap" (The cost is slightly greater than the power, as with Bio, and the power is about the same as Ardor. The secondary effects will each activate around 10% of the time, slightly more commonly than with Bio.) [R3 minimum]
    Scathe - largest target area; a great rune is generated in front of the caster's face, then fires a beam of non-elemental magic at all enemies in the area; beam hits all enemies once each and switches between targets in 1/100th of a second (This has an immense cost and power, though cost slightly exceeds power as a trade-off for the great area and high accuracy.) [R2 minimum]
Passive Abilities:

Elementalism: This variation of the "Geomancy" Support Ability boosts my elemental spells so that those who would normally absorb them absorb less or are immune, those who are immune take reduced damage, those who take reduced damage take more normal damage, those who take normal damage take increased damage, and so on. Unlike "Geomancy", this ability is less absolute, being weaker at lower Ranks and a bit stronger at higher Ranks.

Paladinism: I can convert part of my magical power to physical strength or vice versa for the duration of a battle. However, I only get half the target stat of the sacificed stat. (Spend some STR, get half that in MAG for the battle, or vice versa.)

Substantial Focusbuff: My physical strength and magical power increases by 1% after the first post, another 2% (total of 3%) after the second, 3% after the third (total of 6%), and so on during a battle.
Feycast: I will eventually be able to cast more spells as Feyspells, such as Feyshock, Feyardor, Feyform, Feygenerate, and so on.
Greatcast: See the previous spoiler, but with the Greatspell upgrade.
Grandcast: See the previous two spoilers, but with the Grandspell upgrade.
Halve Mana: I will eventually be able to cast spells at half their normal costs.
Turbo Mana: I will eventually be able to cast spells at double their normal costs for 1.5 times the power/efficiency. With this and Halve Mana, I can cast spells at normal costs for 1.5 times the effeciency/power.
Paladin Arts: I will learn to improve the effeciency of my Paladinism ability. At no point will the gained amount exceed the lost amount.
((My computer crashed right after I joined the site, so I have to post things via a friend. Please continue to be lenient with the 1-week-Guild rule, and thanks for the present leniency.))

K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by K » Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 am

I initially wrote this for a friend, but he never got to use it, partially because we found out soon afterward that Esc sucks dinosaur balls. Anyway, I copied this over mainly to demonstrate the format for classic FF-style spells as they have been converted for Sein, for those who appreciate the versatility, organization, and reliability that those provide. Hey, I really don't care whether you like the series or not; the magic system, especially in later games, has always been handy. Well, this is for people who want to maintain the system that I've written-up (partially with Max's influence) for making these reliable and versatile without being excessively complex. The other character elements may also inspire some for you, readers.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Purposeful Deleted”