To Learn

The once-great Classroom has been resurrected for a great purpose sacked and replaced with a glorified storage system and discussion board.
K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

To Learn

Post by K » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:09 am

Here's something to refer to when we disagree on something and you try to push me off with something like, "That's just your opinion," "I just can't see it that way 'cause I'm not as smart as you, so my way is right for me," or the like:

Me-
"It's only real if you believe in it" is how a lot of phony shit works. You lie to yourself until you believe it, regardless of facts.
Tch. "Opinions" don't exist in this kind of thing.
Opinions exist in the realm of aesthetics.
If you say that pic A is prettier than pic B and I think the inverse, those are opinions.
What actually happens in the real world is just reality. It's not subject to what you want to think, the lies that you tell to yourself, or a baseless concept that people label as "opinions."

Her-
i get what your trying to say
but i cant think on the same level as you
and your power of thinking is different then mine
i may will realize what you will say someday
but its not now

Me-
Fair enough, but know this:
Revelation is not only for the elite savants and such. People are given high mental capacities so that we can teach others.
Those of "normal" or "lesser" capacities are not excluded from knowledge. They just have to apply their efforts differently.

Her-
true
I try to understand, its not easy, but i know within time, i will
just not going to magically happen within a day

We then proceeded to commiserate about how present-day society has been brainwashed to believe that, when being taught something, it must click immediately, or else it will not be understood at all. Learning is not an all-or-nothing process, people. If anyone, whether you believe him/her to be smarter than you or not, is trying to teach you something and you just aren't seeing it, don't lash out and attack them. Don't be so quick to dismiss their words as a fool's dribble. Don't blame them for disagreeing, turn it into a "me vs. you" situation, or otherwise shoot the messenger. Just don't be so hasty.
You may end up determining that it is fool's dribble, that they were just disagreeing with you out of spite, or whatever. Sometimes, especially if you've heard it a lot priorly, it's obvious enough that a fast-thinking individual can pick out some useless dribble immediately. Usually, though, there's at least something to think about. There's something to mull over in your mind. Do so. Let the info work its course in due time, and don't be afraid to revisit the topic.

The ability to learn and progress is a fundamental gift to humanity, whether you admit that it's from God or not. For what emotional bubble's preservation do you deny logic? What offense is so great that it's worth disregarding humanity? What manner of pride obstructs you? Do you simply fail to look at other perspectives and thoughts because you have been taught that "thinking for yourself" means a total disregard for anything that doesn't occur to you in first-person? Whatever obstructs you, get past it. There's no reason not to learn whatever you can.

CH
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by CH » Fri May 16, 2014 6:30 am

Well this seems like a familiar discussion. I believe we were agreeing about our ability to disagree on religious views? I am being a pill, I know. I was not writing you off, I was merely implying that with the vast amount of various religion practices it is possible for one to come to God under a belief that is not Christianity. I do not view the world as you do, and that is a fact. If God, or "the powers that be" or whatever you want to call it deem that I am to burn for eternity because I view the world and religion differently than you, that is also a fact and will come to pass in time. I love ya Caleb, but I am not always going to agree with you. I will however be supportive of you and your life choices, because that is what friends are for.

K
Posts in topic: 2
Guild:

Post by K » Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 pm

This discussion was about the inherent, human capacity to learn and evolve, regardless of whether or not one attributes it to God's design.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Neo Classroom”