Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

The entire lower 35% or so of the planet is an empty, hostile wasteland. Reports from some particularly resilient warriors state that dead bodies have been found underground here, suggesting that some creatures, a secret society, or something else uses the area as a great graveyard. The contents of the atmosphere around this area aren't entirely consistent, but it can be safely assumed that most of it is composed of very little oxygen, almost no Mist, and a great mass of Miasma. According to reports, the monsters are worse than the air. Anyone who's less than Lv4 can expect to survive for less than a minute.
K
Posts in topic: 20
Guild:

Re: Painted to Life in the Midst of Death

Post by K » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

^_^ -I watch her happily with my eyes closed (Who really needs 'em to see, anyway?) for a moment, then freeze time for everything in the dimension-intersection outside this little area, giving her all the time that she needs to finish this. Well, almost everything . . .-

See you in an instant, love.

-I'm immediately gone, but of course, I'll hear her if she provides any response.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Posts in topic: 25
Money: $340
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Later, K! ^^

*She was used to this; she knew that he'd hear her. She continued to paint. It was odd to address him as a single letter. He had always appreciated informality, but that was something else. He surely had his reasons, though. This project was her biggest yet . . . Fortunately, manipulating slimes is fairly easy, so she kept painting up her Structuregunk material as she planned ahead.*
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 am

*Learpabru toyed with many ideas. There was one with saucers, then one that was a sort of tower setup with an outside stage. There was an idea for a simple, but pleasant castle. She thought of a village of differently-shaped buildings with awnings, and she thought of a simple town with bright colors, checker patterns, and a trolley transit system. There were a few others, but she dismissed them as inferior. As she was deciding the colors for the foundation that she was painting, it occurred to her that she could try something: She could leave whatever structure that she builds in the same fashion as the surrounding area, the Dead Zone. It would serve a nice bit of contrast and act as a sort of open canvas for others to dabble with. Then again, if she did this and made it too big, that may be thought of as such a project that it would deter members from training. Hmm, that didn't sound good . . . Oh, but the saucer-building idea wouldn't be so large, so that was feasible. Ooh, there was another idea; she could build smaller saucers as dorms along the path to the main building. That sounded good. Then, it was up to her to decide whether she wanted a matching, bigger saucer to work with just the same, which would serve a contrast to what is expected of an aesthetic build, especially after a similarly monochrome path, or a more typically aesthetic work, which would serve the basic contrast to the dreary path, but nothing more esoteric, in stead simply being effectively pleasant. All of her options were good . . . She fiddled around with her thoughts as she finished the foundation and walked back a bit to get started on the mini-saucer dorms.*

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 am

*Lynette painted some hanging ceilings off some low crags to behave like open-ended "rooms." She climbed some crags and worked south a bit, whereupon she noted some naturally-formed support beams under some hanging edges. She simply added some more to make a nice, well-structured pattern, threw around a few "ropes" of gunk to hang stuff on, and called that finished. Switching back north, she looked at a wall petrified bones that she had come across and wondered if she should do something with it. Leaving that as it is for others to work with sounds good, though! She kept on, making more saucer-dorms, apartments, and natural rock-awning areas. This made her think about one of her earlier ideas. I can make Structuremuk awnings over buildings, but how much protection will that really give? There doesn't even seem to be much sun to protect from. In fact, it's cold, here. There is such a thing as too much shade . . . You know, that pretty village that I had in mind would look better in a more verdant region, anyway. She tossed out that idea as one that she could use immediately, but she kept it archived in the back of her head for future reference. There may even be something to change her mind.*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:56 am

-As she moves along, I manipulate my time manipulation to allow her to progress. I sit atop a ledge that resides just above the wall of petrified bones and smile down at her, admiring her work. I give her a nod in approval as she goes by. I also snap my fingers, and her parameters are brought to 150% full for the task.-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 am

*She smiled at K and nodded back as she went by. She didn't want to stop for conversation because she wanted to focus on the job that was at hand. She finished up this part of the area as far as she wanted to go, so she now had to get across to the center region with all the fog and the river in its middle. She stood on a ledge and walked along it until she was at a point at which the gap was reasonably minimized. After painting a small pool of Poundslime, Learpabru stuck a glob of Spiderooze next to it, backed up while trailing a string of Spiderooze, and charged forward. She jumped onto the Poundslime, using its power as a trampoline to get some nice height and distance, and extended the string of sticky ooze as she rose. At the apex, she disconnected her brush from the string, caught said string in her other hand, painted a platform of Cloudgak, and landed on it. The Slimebrush was plunged into the cloud, which was then filled with a good measure of Aquagunk to expand it noticeably. She reattached the spider rope to her brush and extended it, wrapping it loosely around her arm, then detached it again. I may be able to jump pretty far, but why risk it? Learpabru added Poundslime to the top of the Cloudgak, all except for the center. She took a moment to be sure that she's maintain her position, jumped high, bounced, bounced again, bounced once more, and painted the missing circle of Poundslime on the way up and at the apex of her bounce. It fell into place just before she did, so she shot through the air, flying forth with great force. Her rope was unwinding as she went, and she reattached her brush to extend it further as she cleared the gap with space to spare. She stuck the Spiderooze into the ground so that she'd have a makeshift bridge for an easy way across. She'd probably later employ some help within the guild to make a more permanent setup that others can use. Advancing along the center region, she stopped to build a large apartment building.*

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 am

*After laying the foundation, Learpabru changed her mind and decided that it would be better as a power plant, so she built it to such a purpose ((Details = pic that will be posted at the end.)), then advanced to a cliff and built some rather spacious dorms on it, then a different one at the top. Feeling ambitious, she traveled further outward, leaving an empty lot for no particular purpose, then made some huge, almost skyscraper-like buildings in the distance. She built not just dorm rooms, but offices and other multi-purpose rooms that some guild members would enjoy. She looked at her work with satisfaction, then switched back. She built a simple arch bridge over the river ((You have to look closely to see it in the pic.)) and led it into a building that would be used for . . . probably just another dorm, more secluded than the others. Learpabru continued to work her way to the other side of the canyon that she was working on.*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu May 03, 2012 3:21 am

-I just kept magically funelling physical stamina to her, giving her an infinite energy supply with which to complete this otherwise ridiculous task.-
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Thu May 03, 2012 4:05 am

*Lynette first worked her way up. She had seen some pillars that piqued her interest, and she wanted a closer look. When she got up, she mentally remarked, Ooh, these are perfect just as they are! In order to confirm this, she climbed them and inspected them thoroughly. They were, indeed, quite nice. They may have been shaped this way on purpose! Learpabru imagined some people using them for some sport, using the crosspiece as a target or goalpost. She looked closely, and it did have some indents in it, but she had no idea what from. Probably some kind of ball, I guess. Cool! She wondered how the Aesthesia members-to-be would use them. She was getting excited! She had to get back to work, though, so she got down and painted buildings nearby. The cliff that was right in front of the pillars looked about ready to fall, so she found a weak point. She painted Cherry Bomb onto it and struck it with her brush, hoping that the combined force would break it off. It was a success! The stone fell and leaned on the rock wall below. She bounced a bit in celebration before continuing.*

Yes! ^^

*After her brief victory moment, she painted a building with two flat roofs and steps leading from the lower one to the upper one, perfect for spots atop what she was thinking to be used as a storage shed or something. She planned another big building in the gap between the bottom of the rounded path upward and the top of it ((big building on the left side of the pic)), but saved that for a bit later. For now, she worked back toward the center. She decided that a bridge here would be good, too, but it should be more than just that . . . Aha! She made an expansive, rectangular-ish building with a flat roof to act as a bridge, but the inner structure of a train station! Cool! She thought about where to work next. She looked at the stairway that she had built to get back up. I'm going to need someone to install elevators, huh.? She walked up and back along the left cliff. It would be impractical to just suspend the tracks completely in the air, so she needed another building to hold them up. After painting some Spiderooze on her feet and one hand, she lizard-crawled down one part of the cliff and built another structure off it. This would be for those who wished to help maintain the train, so they'd get some nice lodging prices. She lit the tunnel with some blue Shineslime along the top, then painted support beams to extend halfway across the expanse of the two buildings that she had just built. She'd have to go back to finish the job, now. At least I have lots of energy to work with!*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 am

-I snicker to myself. I teleport to Learpabru, pick her up, teleport her into the other building, set her down, pat her head, and float over said expanse.-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 am

^^

*Lynette's face beamed in thanks. She stopped to be sure that the inside of the train station had been painted into completion. Well, you know, sans one train. That'd come later, she guessed. She went out and grabbed a hold of the wall to build those support beams, climbing on them as she painted, just as she did with the other side. She finally stuck them together. She wasted no time in decorating them with the rails, ending at the other side of the second building. From here, she again started with simple support beams, but these were built at a lowering angle. The idea was to drop people off on a dock next to the first power plant-y place. Conveniently, there was a flat cliff to act as that dock, already, so she just angled the support beams to take the tracks over to its side, where she slightly expanded the cliff into a boarding/unloading dock with cross-support beams to hold everything up as though it was a third building in the row. She kept on going back the way that she had come from and slightly downward for a while, then stopped and sat on the beam that she was painting. She thought for a moment and looked down below. Ooh, there's an idea. She attached some Spiderooze to the beam that she was on, extended it, jumped across to the other beam, and attached it there, but kept extending it. After a short while of lengthening the gunk, it was time for skydiving! Learpabru jumped, the Y-shaped string attached to her brush. In the air, she made sure to extend it to attach to her feet, in stead.*

WOOhooooo~!

*She bounced into the air, enjoying the breeze that was constantly occuring in this pocket of time, wildly shooting upward and downward until her momentum finally came to a halt. Still giggling, she attached the slime back to her brush, though still attached to her feet to relieve pressure from her arms. She much more prosaically extended the slime string until she had lowered herself all the way to the bottom of the canyon, not far from the location that the guild headquarters would be at. Then, she started building her way back up. One floor at a time, she made a rather tall skyscraper to reach up to the support beams. The roof was flat and meant to accept the train passengers so that they could then enter the building from the top and descend. The majority of the building was empty; she had a circular staircase, but left lots of room inside so that others would be able to add some really neat transit methods. Why bring the train to the ground when it can bring people to a building that takes them to the ground in a much faster, cooler way? Of course, she was increasing the dependency on some other technology by adding another step, but that's okay; that's what maintenance crews are for. Besides, she'd have to take up just as much space to make a track into a downward spiral, so she may as well use the space for something that will work better than a spiral train ride, especially when going back up. Once at the top, she stoped to beam in approval of her work, then got back to laying the rest of the Structuremuk rails.*
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 pm

*Learpabru finished painting the rails, completing the track with the building-top station. What was left to do, here? Lynette was good at thinking outside the box. This was imperative, as this is the spaces of Aesthesia, no? My Structuremuk is capable of some buildings that aren't practical under normal circumstances . . . What if I keep building up over this station and actually widen the building out? It occurred to her that she could keep with the saucer montage here, too. Plus, she could have connecting walkways between this building and the super-huge skyscraper that she was planning. Winning! She got right to work, building around the edges of the structure that she was on until she could make a fairly high roof over the station with support beams just in case of attack. She advanced to the usual process of building more rooms and floors, this time expanding in a less rounded, normal saucer and more like a saucer-esque mountain. In doing so, she was setting up areas where walkways could easily connect, according to her estimations. The floors narrowed again until she was working on one part that was more like an elevator shaft with a circular room around it. Then, she expanded the floors progressively again, but not as much, then narrowed it once again into a point. ((The larger expansion is the part that intersects in front of the big skyscraper on the left. The smaller expansion isn't in the pic, but it looks the same. Because of the color scheme, you may have to save the pic and zoom in to see how the larger expansion looks.)) Nice! Now, I just got to get down. Since the roof came to a point and she had built it outside-last, of course, she couldn't just take the stairway down. Well, fine. She stuck Spiderooze to her hands and feet again, replacing that which she had earlier absorbed during work, and she started lizard-crawling her way down the wall to one of the openings that she had left to build a hallway onto.*

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 pm

*Learpabru got down to the topmost of those openings and sat in it, her legs carelessly dangling over the edge. Is there anything left to do but the skyscraper and connecting hallways, in this area? She thought for a brief while, then decided that she was, in fact, almost done. She was liking the theme quite a lot, from this view. Lynette was therefore strongly leaning toward the idea of Aesthesia following suit. After forming a start of a Structuremuk hallway from her present position, she lizard-crawled to the other openings and did the same. She looked into the floor that she was on and mentally pictured its architecture. She imagined that the floors were not there and that the walls were only partial, so that it would look similar to the nuclear reactor of the song, Meltdown. I love that song so much! Lynette giggled to herself. She looked outside again. She had to get down so that she could build the skyscraper that would fill the remaining gap. She also had a song in her head that involved a suicidal dive. She couldn't resist; she started climbing back up the outside of the building that she was on. K would understand and catch her. She got all the way to the top again. She had been preemptively humming the song on the way up, so she stopped so that she could sing it from the start on the way down. With a running start, Learpabru leapt from the building top and started her massive dive with a seriously awesome, Japanese suicide song that she sung to no one in particular. She simply sang and watched everything flash by all the way down.*

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:06 pm

-Having been following Lear the whole time, I could tell what she is thinking even without reading her mind. I playfully jump and sing with her, enjoying the duet of life's release the whole way. When the time comes to meet the ground, I simply land, then catch her in my arms. My abilities keep us from taking damage as a result, of course. I set her down, fold my arms behind my head, and continue singing.-

Learpabru
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 pm

*Lynette let a couple giggles slip into her song, but kept singing it with K. She snuggled him cutely when he caught her, then bounced off toward the gap where she would be building. She set a strong foundation and got started on the fat, cylindrical skyscraper, slowly working up floor by floor, just as with the other tall structures. After finishing Meltdown the third time, she changed her tune to Music of the Heavens, rocking out to more awesomeness on her long way up.*

Return to “Dead Zone”