Scaley

Sometimes, things go wrong. Some people make characters, then drop off the face of the planet, and others die or otherwise disappear. Whatever the case, we have some characters that are ready to be played (or really close), so we have their character information here. If you already have at least one character (and thereby have proven that you are capable of using your own creativity), ask about taking control of one of these characters. Of course, you'll be given a chance to edit things before they're approved to add your own touches to things, but, if you're going to completely turn the character around, just make a new one.
Osgosh
Posts in topic: 5
Guild:

Scaley

Post by Osgosh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 am

Osgosh’s Stats
Health: High
Magic Energy: Very Low
Strength: Very High
Magic Power: Very Low
Magic Defense: Very Low
Defense: Very High
Speed: Slightly Higher Than Average
Mental Stamina: Higher Than Average
Stamina: High
Chakra: Laughable

(Note: Osgosh cannot use magic or learn new abilities)

SURPRISE!- Osgosh does something so shocking, so off the wall, so balls out crazy that he and the target both have their mental stamina dropped to zero, effectively rendering them both incapable of doing much of anything.

Saboteur- Every time Osgosh takes a physical hit (even if it does no damage) the one who attacked him receives a 2% drop in the strength stat.

Animal Need- Whenever Osgosh receives food or money, he receives x1.5 what anyone else would.

Gilled Lung- Osgosh can breathe under water. Furthermore, all poisons have a reverse effect on him.

Body Armor- Osgosh’s scales protect him from damage much like a suit of armour. They also absorb 5% of damage from all elemental attacks and nullify another 15%. (this does not apply to the water element, as this is Osgosh's natural habitate (as shown by Gilled Lung)).

Shield Offense- Whenever Osgosh fights with a shield, its defensive qualities are doubled. Also, the defense (before the doubling) is added to Osgosh’s offense. (This effect is multiplied for multiple shields.) Osgosh can wield all three of his shields at once- one per arm and one for his tail-, and he gains the following attacks…
--Shield Rush- A charging attack that deals 25% damage. 45% of its damage becomes a knockback effect, and 20% of the damage becomes a flinch effect. (Both are proportional to the attack power.)
--Shield Punch- A punch from the rim of the shield. Deals .3 damage of a normal attack, but is x2 as fast and has a pierce effect.
--Discus- The shield is hurled like a discus. The attack deals .3 damage and is only .3 speed, but it has a homing effect, can strike any enemies between Osgosh and his target, and the shield returns when the attack is over.

Phalanx- Any shields that Osgosh is not using can fight by themselves with skill proportional to Osgosh’s. The effects of shield offense do not apply to them though, and they could only go so far as that if they were being wielded by a carbon copy of Osgosh, Osgosh and the shield wielding double’s tails must be touching.
"Ssssssssssssssssssssss..." "GRAH!?" I want to be human...

Learpabru
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $340
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100
Guild:

Post by Learpabru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 am

Stats: You forgot chakra. Also, you're free to use other terms (especially for your mana, which I expected to be "miniscule", "barely there", or the like), you know?

Body Armor: Okay, did I just read that wrongly? It sounds like it just reduces damage from elemental attacks by 25%. Did you mean that it absorbs 5% of all LMNTal attacks and nullifies 15% of ANY attack, any other attack, or what?

Shield Offense: Wait, if the defenses of the shields were measured numerically as, say, 20 each, this would result in a 8,000 increase to STR? That doesn't sound right...

Shield Punch: Again, let's start with a half-pierce, no? That should be more than enough against Slain, Dycedarg, or the like.

You said that his tail was just a few feet long, right? I forget. The Phalanx, as we discussed, is fine.

Everything else is fine as it is, I think. If you include miniscule chakra (and perhaps lower your mana, which, as you know, can actually be beneficial against enemies that syphon or have manaburn tactics), the Animal Need is justified, since you can't learn new abilities, anyway. The Body Armor, as previously stated, needs some clarification, but sounds okay. The Shield Offense probably just needs to be rephrased...
"One can not help others without their acceptance."

Dye Me True
phpBB [media]

Dance to Decimation
phpBB [media]

Osgosh
Guild:

Post by Osgosh » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Chakra: I think its crap, so why would I use it?
BA: 15% of all attacks.
SO: No, the str increase does not include the doubling effect.
SP: Or how about not. It's 30% power and he NEVER will get anything better. Full pierce.

K
Posts in topic: 3
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 pm

CH: Well, it's still something that you have, so even if you don't directly use it, you have to list it... I mean, of someone deals damage that's proportional to your CH, for instance, or let's say that they have an ability that uses your chakra for their jutsu, they need a definate form for it.
BA: Okay, so what about the 5% absorption (10% nullification) of elements?
SO: It wasn't the doubling that I was worried about; you said that the effect multiplies with more shields...
SP: Wait, it says that it has 30% power... Double SPD for a total of 0.6, so... Yeah, okay. That's fine.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Osgosh
Guild:

Post by Osgosh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:17 pm

CH: tough titty for them.
BA: What about it?
SO: Yes, obviously as more shields are added he gains more defense and thus more offense.

Osgosh
Guild:

Post by Osgosh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:31 am

Ok, fuggerin chakra has been added.
As for BA: it basically gives him a 25% blockage against elements. And before you tell me how unfair that is (knowing that you will) that's basically a very SMALL compensation for not being able to learn any good magic, or any magic at all for that point. It's his one option in a magic fight (basically it's there to keep a mage from simple casting "Protect!" and then roasting him alive with spells.) however I am willing to add a weakness. Passible?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 pm

BA: Dude, that's what I said. xD "Okay, did I just read that wrongly? It sounds like it just reduces damage from elemental attacks by 25%." No, that's completely fair.
The only problem that I yet have is the SO being multiplicative. I mean, let's say that you get a shield with some great DEF; that'll give you some great STR. Okay, that's a damned nice effect, but it's different than saying that you get some great STR TIMES the STR that another shield gives you TIMES another one TIMES a fourth. Think about it; if you calculated your starting shields as a measley 10 DEF each (assigning otherwise meaningless numbers to it) and a new one gives 15, that's a total of 15,000 (!!!) STR from just that new shield. Especially if this also stacks with the others, that's multiplied by 4, granting an unbelievable 60,000 STR, enough to one-shot anyone.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Osgosh
Guild:

Post by Osgosh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

No no no! By multiplied, I mean the effect is APPLIED for each shield, not that the effects are multiplied together per each shield...

It would be STR+STR not STRxSTR... In other words.

So approvable?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Okay, you meant that the effect counts for each shield totally. Yeah, approved. ^_^
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Character Adoption Center”