A mercantile mage

Sometimes, things go wrong. Some people make characters, then drop off the face of the planet, and others die or otherwise disappear. Whatever the case, we have some characters that are ready to be played (or really close), so we have their character information here. If you already have at least one character (and thereby have proven that you are capable of using your own creativity), ask about taking control of one of these characters. Of course, you'll be given a chance to edit things before they're approved to add your own touches to things, but, if you're going to completely turn the character around, just make a new one.
Amiculus
Posts in topic: 1

A mercantile mage

Post by Amiculus » Thu May 02, 2013 11:20 pm

A merchant of curios and of knowledge, before all else, that is how I live these days.
Not as simple as certain merchants, I have been trained in the arcane arts. Mobility permits me to save myself from those who wish to harm me for whatever reason, and my other defences make theft significantly less likely.
Dreaming or awake, the human mind is of interest to me, and I have studied it out of academic interest, if nothing else. One does not study magic without becoming somewhat inculcated with a respect for knowledge for its own sake.
Demonstrating said power is quite unnecessary, and, while I have gotten more than a few requests to do so, I rarely perform such acts without appropriate compensation.
All that is sold in my shop has some uniqueness to it; I possess, for instance, gems said to be sharpened by dragons' claws, the skull of a formerly famous politician, and what is said to be a legendary sword, though the last of these is of no practical use to anyone who is not the destined wielder, and they are not me.
Goods may be ... well, good, but services are exceedingly valuable to the correct clients. I can likely help with many problems; my magical studies rarely fail me, and I know my limits.
Goods also have certain other issues; for instance, the nearby food merchant is currently lacking any stock of vinegar. However, this issue is neatly avoided for my business; I have one of anything, and there will never be another stocking of the same exact object.
Every day, I make an effort to learn something new, meet someone new, and do something new. In that spirit, my shop will soon be temporarily closed for the duration of an expedition to the North, where I have been told an odd portal has been located. I do not know what I will find through it, but I have written this before I depart in the spirit of safety. There are still a few weeks before I depart, so urgent purchases of goods or services may be made.
Reader, thank you for your time. Attentive reading is appreciated by any who have had the misfortune of needing to write for readers who did the opposite.

((You notice as you finish reading the brief text that the ornate border contains tiny letters, in the form of runes, between the other symbols. Starting in the top-left, they read as follows:))

Code: Select all

VRUBWKRPQYBXZATZXYEGUXTNFXYEACLTOYRFTPRPPRKBQTULQKGMEZNBQPYYQMCLFCLSKRPDEZHQTUSSIISRUHOMLGRVFHSFGRURBXWITKPPZBFRGLXJMNQVHOVMJEKFHPZOSEAYC
Last edited by Amiculus on Fri May 03, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Leilani
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $315
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38
Allies: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=187
Guild:

Post by Leilani » Fri May 03, 2013 3:43 am

Heh, not bad. About my only half-gripe is that dragon claw-sharpened gems aren't as uncommon here as you might imagine, as implied by your tone there. Very few English mistakes, too. Not bad, man. Not bad at all. ^_^
"God helps those who help themselves. Mind if I help myself to some food?"

Peaceful Girl (girly side/quiet, shy side; sorta' main theme)
phpBB [media]

Rockin' Machina (work/travel)
phpBB [media]

Blazin' Battle (notably action-packed battle or notably challenging work)
phpBB [media]

Return to “Character Adoption Center”