Facultates autem dolor -/WIP\-

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Moribito von Laurel
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Facultates autem dolor -/WIP\-

Post by Moribito von Laurel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:32 pm

-/Abilities File .01: Confessions of the Machination.\-

"Suit Listed abilities stated below. It appears that the suit has taken a DNA sample from skin and blood the minute it was put on, this proves not to be a problem since this is now recognized as my suit and no one else may be able to use it. The suit seems to have made a list of what I can already do probably because of my brain waves and memories or some other reason. The suit has also uploaded that I am a hybrid cross of a Dragon and a Lilith, with that said it appears I have access to wind, fire, and electricity. Interestingly enough the suit seems to have knowledge of my abilities thus far and will list them for future reference..."

Bodily Abilities:
Moribito's body was basically built like Samus', he has the ability to do multiple flips in the air, roll a good distance, has a great deal of acrobatic ability and stamina. Mori is also double-jointed allowing him to twist his arms and legs to certain angles without them breaking giving him a good deal of mobility.

Expurgate pulmonis, translates to Purge Lungs, are some of the advancements in Moribito's body allowing to purge any poisonous material from his body through his lungs converting the poison into a vapor and releasing it from the pores in his body. This usually takes about a few days to do in which Mori's body aches from both the poisons effect and the effect of his lungs working at higher pace than usual, usually making him tired and weak. This is only used when Mori is out of Anti-Venom and when the suit administers the correct hormone to activate the ability.

Natator, translates to Swimmer, Moribito has an odd body enhancement which allows him to breathe in water without gills, a mana cost, or anything (if he were out of water). His eyes are also enhanced making his vision (if he were out of the armor) in water just as clear as his vision when on land. Moribito is a great swimmer and if there were a race between a certain 'Ice Girl' they'd probably become good rivals.

Mors Imitatio, translates to Death Mimicry, this is his fooling ability that makes opponents and creatures think that he has passed on while giving them the idea to get away from him due to the suit making noises as if it would take over his body and continue to fight. This is done when Mori pretends he has sustained a great wound and has obviously died, afterwards his aura begins to release this sense of danger around the opponent fooling them in thinking he's died and has to get away from the area. Now the effects of this varies from person to person, if the person has a MS of Above Average or higher this move has a 60% chance of succeeding unless they check the body. Those Average or lower have a 70% chance of being fooled and like the 60%'s they can check the body if they want.

Posse Cavea:
Translates to Cage Ability, a certain state of mind when conditions are met becomes Moribito's strongest abilities when he needs them the most. The only draw back with them is that they may reduce some of his stats and movements such as losing atckspd, total mana, ps, or str depending on the type of Cage used. So far Mori has access to three the third being an Ultimate Ability.

Primordial Instinct:
Moribito's Caged Ability in which he goes into a higher state of mind and becomes spiritual like, the cost for casting magics is cut by 1/3 and he has a lower casting time when the chant has started. Mori's atkspd also increases by a noticeable amount making him deadly in combat while in this form. Another perk to this is that the REBIRTH armor's AI activate after its first use which has not happened yet, and besides that speeds up the auto-repair for the armor to good rate also allowing Mori to regenerate small wounds that are inflicted on his body. To activate this form Mori must use a certain chant to unlock two power holders located on his two hands, after that Mori will burst with power and become the Primordial Instinct. The drawbacks to this form is while he may be in the form it might revert him back to normal due to him using it for the first time without any real training or practice with it. That can be real troublesome as being forced out the form and reverting after the time limit is up brings on certain stat effects such as, atkspd lowering making him seem slower than usual, spells require more mana than usual to cast, and the casting time is noticeably longer. This is best used when going against a small group of powerful opponents when the going decides to get tough.

Armament Master:
Another caged ability that allows the armor to release its hidden weapon such as new turrets, cannons, and hand weapons. This also converts any drained power cells back to usable ammunition for however long he is in this form. The weapons he unlocks for first time use goes like this, enhanced hand cannons, deploy-able turret, 10 ft nodachi similar to Hakumen's Ookami.
The enhanced hand cannons which can be found on his palms turn a sky blue color and adds a small explosion each time it hits something solid. The explosion is around 3 feet in diameter and is used to sweep an opponent of their feet, because of this Mori is only able to fire 5 bullets at once before the cannons over-heat.
Mori can use deploy-able turrets that work a lot like that one upgrade for the machine gun in Jak 3 but instead of using bullets it uses microfusion power cells that are only available to this form. The turret will hover in a designated area and begin to fire upon the enemy. Mori's turrets has a big enough memory for an IFF (identify friend/foe) to be installed into them making sure that friendly fire is out of the question.
The nodachi that is given in this form is known as Sakuretsu, it can charge up an energy that can be shot forth using mana. The amount of mana stored into the blade determines the wave's power output: a small amount equals a wave that flies about 5 feet that deals little damage, a moderate amount furthers the wave's length by another 3 feet, a large amount adds another 3 feet and deals a large amount of damage. Damage done by this move is null so therefore ignores defense, the sword has the ability to hurt things that are intangible meaning that ghosts and other ethereal beings can not phase through the sword to avoid damage.

Fur Ingenium:
Translates to Thief abilities, these are all thief related abilities that Mori can do, it ranges from walking on walls, to cloaking his footsteps, and being able to enhance his speed some bits to help give him in edge in battle.

Umbra pedem, translates to Shadow Foot, allows Mori to expend a small amount of MA to cloak his footsteps making the sound produced by them to barely audible and also make them light enough for him to detect traps before they detect him if he were to trip a few.

Lumen pedes, translates to Light Feet, allows Mori to expend a negligible amount of CH to be able to walk on walls. The cost is constant as long as he continues to walk on walls meaning it is not a one cost thing but can be utilized as such if his speed his good enough to make distances in short periods.

Clamors: Translates to shouts are special abilities that can be used by Mori that he gained through intense training and learning certain words to help him unlock each shouts true form. Depending on which Clamor he uses, it will require a different recharge time and a different effect. The words he already know how to use will be listed below.

Mors designatus, translates to Marked for Death, gives Mori the ability to slowly degrade and make an opponent's armor heavier than usual, the spell also causes the opponent to lose hp over the time period in which the spell is active. This allows for more hits and damage to be dealt when an opponent is hit with the the spell. In order to utilize the spell Mori must use the chant: KRII LUN AUS. Depending on the words said when the spell is being used, its range and radius is increased and the effects are greater but last the same amount of time. The effects for each word is listed below:

KRII: -8% armor protection/ -1hp/s for 35s
LUN: -10% armor protection/ -4hp/s 35s
AUS: -15% armor protection/ -6hp/s 35s

The drawback for this spell is that after the 35s mark passes the opponents armor protection reverts back to normal and it takes a 4-8 mins for the spell to be used again once it has been used once. The cost is between medium-large amount of mana consumed to use it.

Ignis Spiritus, translates to Fire Breath, allows more to obviously use a jet stream of fire burst from withing the bowels of his body and unleash mobile hell upon his enemies. There is a little something different about the fire, it can linger on the ground for about 30 seconds (depending on word used) where upon if an opponent were to stay near the flame long enough they would soon become ignited in a flame that deals damage for the time it is on them (think burning damage). The area of effect goes up to 20 feet and travels fast if an unwary opponent is taking off guard. The attack also has a chance of knocking down an opponent of lightweight and can stagger an opponent of heavyweight. The magnitude of power in this attack is a low-moderate amount with the burning effect taking away about 3hp/s while the flame lasts in its 15 second time period. The words needed to activate the Clamor are

IGI: (AoE 10 feet) Time needed for ignite on opponent to happen: 20 seconds
NIS: (AoE 15 feet) Time needed for ignite on opponent to happen: 17 seconds
SHUL: (AoE 20 feet) Time needed for ignite to happen: 12 seconds

The recharge time for the Clamor depends on the word it may take 3-5 mins for it to become available again.
Lastly the mana cost for this is a medium cost due to its epicness and so on.

Laola
Posts in topic: 1
Money: $280
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22
Allies: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26
Guild:

Post by Laola » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:11 am

Don't forget stats and parameters.

The racial (By the way, "dragon" and "lilith" should be decapitalized.) traits that give you elements do so in the form of standard elemental manipulations, or no?

"he has the ability to do multiple flips in the air" How is that a function of Samus' body? She can flip through the air because of her boots upgrade and the seemingly allmighty Screw Attack. More relevantly, how can Mori do multiple flips through the air?

Okay, Expurgate Pulmonis sounds savvy (though the statement that it works on "any" poison will be taken with a grain of salt, of course), since it's just a statement that you have an effective purification system for poisons with a rather high PS and time cost. If you want, you can make it work somewhat faster than you had originally planned.

Both instances of "if he were out of water" are phrased inadequately. I don't know what you're trying to say in either instance due to lack of grammar. Lol, Tixxi is hardly an ice girl; she's more of an aquatic chick with some ice tricks up her sleeves... xD One thing that gets me is the fact that Natator is just a "body enhancement," yet it offers no biological reason as to why Mori can breathe underwater without gills. I mean, basically every form of underwater breathing that I've heard of is either some form of gills, breathing through a tube that grants stored air, or not really breathing at all. Care to expound?

I don't see how Mors Imitatio is very effective (I mean, you get the notion that a body is dangerous... while it's playing dead...?), but okay. The percentages are just some sponbtaneous estimations, right? I mean, you could have a die roll for it, but I really don't think that you could easily make much sense of that with the present description...

I seee only two Cage Abilities...

I'm losing something, on Primordial Instinct. To begin, does the ATKSPD augment only take place for magic, or everything? Second, for the transformation, what the heck are you saying? " To activate this form Mori must use a certain chant to unlock two power holders located on his two hands, after that Mori will burst with power and become the Primordial Instinct." This doesn't show me anything. You don't have to awesomesauce all over everyone's face like Tixxi's transformations did, but, with a statement like this, you may as well not describe the transition at all. Next, you mention a time limit, but don't say what it is or what kind it is (e.g. "I can only activate thise once every X [time] for Y [time]," as opposed to "I can switch whenever I want, but only so that I can be in this form for Y [time] out of every X [time]," or perhaps just "I can take this form for X [time], after which I revert and can not switch back to it for Y [time]."), and you're not clear on other drawbacks. The reversion detriment will only be a problem early in the game, so what's the deal on the others? Are the detriments of the same magnitudes as the benefits of the form? How long do they last? I'm running on the assumption that you receive these detriments upon leaving the upgraded form, and they wear off after a while. These ailments, which you call status effects (although I fail to see them as such, since they can't be removed or otherwise augmented except by their own terms), need much clarification.

I smell an infinite ammo hack. You run around and use as much fuel as you want, then enter this form and every source is spontaneously capped out? What? How about not?
Do these explosive shots hit any harder, or is it just a radius-widening effect with an increased KB factor? After five consecutive shots, for how long do they overheat?
Where do these deployable turrets come from? Where do they get their ammo, and how much of it do they get? How many of these do you spontaneously obtain upon entrance to this form? What are their power factors, accuracy ratings, firing rates, and all? How big are they? I like the idea and all, but there are an awful lot of mechanical considerations to take into account for actual implementation. In a video game, the mechanics have already been decided by the programmers, but you're programming your own stuff, here. Also, in this game, what stuff you program has to be logical, so spontaneously having a bunch of turrets and microfusion cells doesn't really flow without a ton of explanation.
Null attacks, already? I'm more than a little skeptical. The fact that this apparently has a 1:1 cost:power ratio wouldn't bother me if it wasn't a null attack. The anti-phasing aspect to it doesn't strike me as a real problem, but note that, if you keep that, it will be kept within reason; some things are still going to phase through it with no trouble whatsoever.
I noticed that you specified even less for this form than the previous. There are no detriments, no costs, no limits, nothing. This form sounds more like a few cool ideas thrown into a hacked Jak/Rachet and Clank game than an actually acceptibly ability set.

You list more capabilities in the Fur Ingenium skillset description than you actually have in the respective abilities. ._.

Both of the movement abilities can be of negligible costs, if you'd like. You could even allow Umbra Pedum to totally cloak the sounds of your footsteps (rather than "barely audible," "totally inaudible.").

The Clamors have a certain element to them that makes them a bit unfair. Namely, you get to just shout out some quick words for spells that are apparently autohits (Since you don't state animations, they apparently just work on anyone who hears them except you.) and yield nice effects for costs that are disproportionally low. Serious down-tonage is required, here.

HP? -_- This is only proving my point that you didn't look into mechanics very much as you composed this. Also, how does armor deterioration drain my health? In the first place, what if the target's armor auto-repairs or can't be damaged/deteriorated by your magical shout? What's with the three different specs? Your description implies that you say all three words, then the effect takes place, but you then give a separate effect for each word. Does each individual word work like its own spell, just with each one being stronger and slightly more costly than the last? Now, you say that the ranges and radii are also upgraded, but you never state a range or radius for any of them. How does it even have a range at all if it's just an outward shout? Wouldn't that just be a radius from yourself, or does it go out in some other form? So, there's a limit on how frequently you can use it. It still sounds overpowered. At the end of all this, the numeric "hp" losses tell me that you clearly ripped this from elsewhere and made some adjustments without really considering the mechanics transition. Is this from Skyrim?

Do you remember the ordeal of deciding how to calculate the burning damage of Kaito's burns? There isn't a set definition for how much damage burns do; this isn't Poke`mon, Elder Scrolls, or any singular video game. You have to decide on your own mechanics. "Lightweight" and "heavyweight" are used improperly; the context calls for separate words in both instances, so that should be fixed for the sake of clarity. Again, you have the multiple specs issue. "while the flame lasts in its 15 second time period." Do you mean that the magical burning ceases after 15 seconds of ingition (or 15 seconds after the target is no longer being burnt by the spell), or what? This one's even more overpowered than the last; you have damage that can go up to an equivalence to the cost (depending on the variant), you have an apparently heavy flinch factor, you have a nice enough radius, the attack occurs quickly and is thereby quite likely to hit, and, if the targets stay in the affected area long enough (which brings up the question of whether the base power is struck as a single blow upon entry to the range or as continuous hits), you give targets a burn that deals what I assume to be decent damage over time (though I really can't tell, since you just made copy pasta of numeric measures from the game that you ripped this from). You apparently have three variants of this spell that all have the same cost, but clearly different magnitudes in every way, shape, and form, too. Awesome. Dude, don't just make copy pasta from some games with a couple edits; really look into mechanics. I had part of this struggle when Emma Cain made her abilities, too; I recommend taking a look in the char adoption center.

Some grammar and clear formatting would go a long way. In fact, I would work on that before going to the actual content, because a lot of this is just hard to wade through.

Overall, there are a lot of cool ideas going around, here, but you're too much in what I call "anime` mode." If you write up an anime`, you're the only writer, and it's your fiction, so things only have to work and make sense as much as you care to make them do so. If someone has some overpowered stuff, that's fine, because it works into your storyline however you want it to (e.g. Inuyasha having the Windscar start with incredible power and get severely more broken, because he's the good guy and is supposed to win). When you want something to happen, you draw it out, animate it, and it happened. Whoopdie-fuckin'-do. In "video game" mode, as I call it, you figure out all the mechanics. You figure out exactly what it does, how strong it is, exactly who it can hit and how, every detail of every effect, the appropriate cost, and all. Is it hard? Well, sure, if you're used to being lazy and going anime` mode all the time, but if you want to really be free to make your own character stuffs in a multiplayer game (read: where it has to be fair and logical), you gotta' step up to the plate and think shit through. Follow?

Return to “Abilities”