The Undying Masterpiece(WIP)

Techniques, skills, powers, spells, curses, manipulations, and everything else go here. List all abilities of your character, not abilities of xir allies or equipment, and wait for approval before RPing in Houcm.
Noah Ivaldi
Posts in topic: 2
Money: $410
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53
Allies: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=696
Guild:

Re: The Perfect Creation(incomplete)

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Yeah, it's no big. It's actually a bigger deal that my reply was delayed. That just shows you how busy I've been at my job; I've had a rough 50 hours of it, this week.

Yeah. I mean, your tissue damage is just a record of how much of your physical body is damaged. As you gain Levels, you'll get higher defenses and thus take less damage, and you'll usually get new abilities that will make TD no big deal, too, so it doesn't seem to be worthwhile to start with a bunch of TD benefits when you could apply the boosts to other things.
Yes, the description for Constant Regeneration Mode is perfect.

I figured that you were trying to do something like that with ME Booster. You have it right, now: You don't need to make an ability with drawbacks for that mana regen increase because your lack of CH is already the drawback that pays for it. Solid, man.

I detailed all that you need to know about chakra in the Stats and Parameters thread. Go back there and use CTRL + F to search for the "chakra" sections, then read those, and you'll understand. Make sure to read both posts; reading just the first post of a thread is never a good idea unless, you know, there only is one post in it. You're right in that it is very similar to mana, and it does usually have a connection to PS and/or HE, but not in the sense that you have to spend some PS/HE every time that you spend CH. I could go over the same information again, but, really, it makes sense for me to just tell you to go read it.

Well, if your skin can change colors, it can be used for camouflage. Technically speaking, just about everything can, under the right circumstances, but especially anything that shifts colors. Really, it'd be easier on you to just take out the "but can't be used for camouflage" part and let it be like that, even if you don't intend to use it that way. If you explicitly can't use it for camo, I have to ask exactly why, and you have to explain. If you just take that part out, you can, not that you have to.
Noah Ivaldi (I just realized that I'm long overdue for proofreading the inventory! Wow . . .) has a Vanish spell and two different stealth modes that come from his equipment. Usually, it makes sense for him to just cast a Vanish spell, because he has a metric butt-ton of mana to spend, and one of his other stealth modes, the better one, depletes his HE . . . of which he does not have a whole lot to spend. He has three stealth methods in case one of them isn't going to work for some reason, but he doesn't have to use any of them, and he often enough doesn't. You could apply a similar concept here: Your skin camo could be like Noah's Penumbral Cloak stealth mode. It's nearly free (or almost entirely free, in your case; changing your skin color only takes a tiny, totally negligible sliver of your Manipulating Energy), it's not very effective (Noah's is a bit better, but not really great.), and you often enough don't care to use it as a result.

Yes, yes! It's under the "Other Names" category. It's not like you'll want to use everything that it comes up with, but, if you get one idea for every ten pages (ten random names per page) that you generate, you'll have ideas flooding out your brain! Plus, whenever you want to make something sound cooler, you can just take the literal name for it (e.g. "Fire Blast") and throw it into some cypher language translator, like those that are in the Char Adoption Center, maybe even translate it several times in a row, and come out with something awesome-sounding (e.g. Vena Pmycd, pronounced: "fueaynah pemae-ku-de," a direct translation of "Fire Blast" to Al Bhed). You could do the same for all sorts of things: About half my character names come from me taking things that make up their character concepts (such as "sugar," "sweet," and "honey" for Ejio Tisco), running them through translators at random, and throwing together syllables that look like they go together until I have something that sounds neat. I remember asking a friend, "How does 'Ejio Tisco' sound as a name?' to which she replied, "Sounds like a cookie." "Perfect!" I exclaimed.

Psh, you're no trouble. This conversation is quite enjoyable!
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

Posts in topic: 9
Guild:

Post by 047 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:23 am

Ok! I'm back! :D
"Most characters will have a way to identify you easily whether you're using camouflage or not, even from a great distance."
That's sentence kinda scared me off.. nah, just kidding. Anyway, what if *start giggling after think about Bill* I make 047 could change his appearance(but not permanent) of his hair color, eyes color and even his skin color to umm.. well, change his true identity and to use for camouflage too.

I put a new skill(healing ability). Great benefit while holding still and lesser benefit if start moving.
I'm nothing but an expressionless psycho killing-machine kids that will take your life! Muahaha-- naw, I'm just kidding.

My Backstory Soundtrack
phpBB [media]

I Can't Cry nor Laugh Anymore.
phpBB [media]

K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:48 am

You can have him be able to change his appearance as much as he wants for nothing more than the appropriate cost to PS and MS, for all that I care. Appearances are just appearances; it's not going to be very confusing to a lot of people.

Interesting. You have a regeneration mode that requires you to hold still, but can be simply cancelled by moving at no real detriment, though with a brief cooldown. You add another that can toggle between an exact duplicate of the previous ability and a weaker, mobile one, but it can only go on for 21 seconds before ending and going into a longer cooldown. This works. This works pretty well. The only problem that I see is the cost: It just says that it's 7% of your MA, which I assume to be a /one-time/ cost, rather than a /cost per second/. If it was 7%/s, that would be fine and sensible, but a single cost would be too small. At just the mobile rate, you'd gain 105% HE and 40% of your body back (in addition to the natural recovery rate for TD), and you'd get to boost it even further by holding still for any number of seconds.
If you change it to a cost per second, that means that you won't get the full duration until you have some Levels on ya' (100 / 7 = 14 and 2/7), but it'd still be a nice healing ability when you don't mind dumping your mana into your life.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Abilities”