Armaments of the Heritor

Equipment, ammo, vehicles, and other items are to be posted here for approval before your character is fully approved for gameplay.
Noah Ivaldi
Posts in topic: 7
Money: $410
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53
Allies: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=696
Guild:

Armaments of the Heritor

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't have a lot of equipment, but I have enough to suffice a magician of my caliber. I'll add to this as I get more.

Weapons

New Blood Scepter.jpg
New Blood Scepter.jpg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 11496 times
Blood Scepter: This 4' scepter was at my side when I awoke in another land, so, if it wasn't mine at the time, it'll just have to be until someone can prove rightful ownership otherwise. I'm still exploring its capabilities, but I have so far found the following:

Its power factor is a bit less than the usual scepter, but a small part of my magical power is concentrated into attacks at no cost, making it a bit more effective than an ordinary variant ((therefore increased further when Noah's MAG is higher, but, even at Lv7, not exactly game-breaking)). It deals 90% of the damage that it “should” do to health energy, but 115% tissue damage. I recover health in proportion to the inflicted damage, with health energy and tissue health calculated individually in respect to the appropriate damages. The percentage of recovery to damage seems to vary with each attack, but averages around 7%, presently, with around a 3% variance on each end and increased frequency toward the median ((Simply said, it restores anywhere from 4-10% HP, most commonly around 7% and less commonly at the extremes.)). With increased proficiency with the scepter, I should be able to improve the efficiency for increased recovery.

It takes minimal damage. I can use the Blood Scepter to parry countless attacks, physical or magical, and the shaft will hardly bear a scrape. It's not indestructible, but it's quite nearly that, as it auto-repairs. The repair rate is less than stellar, but more than enough to allow me to parry many attacks, even if each attack shatters my weapon. Numerically, one can say that the scepter fully repairs itself in roughly one minute ((Houcm minute; the time of Noah's home is the same as Houcm)). In the heat of battle, this may be a bit lengthy, but it should suffice for an evasive character such as myself.

(The following effects are maintained so long as the Blood Scepter is considered to be in my possession, even if it's shattered at any given moment.)

It helps to manipulate and conserve blood and several other life- or death-related energies. This aspect requires much study to define exactly how it knows when to activate; the blasted thing didn't exactly come with a user's manual. I can sacrifice some blood, at most about a cup, to boost a physical attack's power by at most a moderate amount, even if it's not with this weapon. It slightly increases my magical resistance when dealing with various death magics and almost negligibly increases the potency of anything that heals my tissue damage. My life energy is also slightly resilient to draining ((about 1% less damage taken from draining attacks, whether phy, mag, or anything)), with this scepter. Every little bit helps.

It has the support ability, "Geomancy." Contrary to the name of the ability and the skillset of the same name, this grants a special effect to all elemental attacks from me. It allows my attacks to be considered with reduced enemy resistance, specifically reduced by a 0.5 factor. Those whom absorb absorb half, those whom absorb half are immune, those whom are immune take halved damage, and so on. This can be demonstrated with this simple diagram, the numbers being factors on the damage (or recovery, in the case of the first number) that is dealt:
+1 > + 0.5 > 0 > -1/2 > -1 > -1.5 > -2 . . .
Note that foes that have been turned undead via the Corruption spell are weak to fire attacks. This ability stacks with that.

Another Support Ability that it confers is "Blood Price." This allows me to channel my life energy as a substitute price for actions that may require other energies. For instance, if I need some mana immediately, I may sacrifice some life force to perform whatever task I had intended to execute with mana, then heal up afterward. This allows me to rely completely on the magical, though I much prefer to use the physical for the sake of efficiency and inexpensiveness, at times. Also, the price in health energy is twice the cost that it would be of mana. Note that Terramancy and Necromancy are energy-expensive skillsets, but I can't Blood Price them because they do not cost mana. ((This is almost the same thing as it is in FF Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift, but I can activate and deactivate it at will.))

Finally, the Blood Scepter confers "Boost." Not exactly the most original and flashy name, is it? I find it rather prosaic, yet appropriate. It quite simply improves summon efficiency. Boost improves the damage that's dealt/recovered by summons, improves summoning speeds, and reduces costs for summons. It allows multiple Phantom Summons. While they normally are summoned with no armor and no accessories, one was once summoned with an accessory, as an exception, and Boost may very well be the cause. ((These effects are already factored into the ability list.))

Oh, I almost forgot this one. I recently discovered another ability that the scepter grants, which I have named "Alter." The best explanation that I can give is to say that this allows me to cast summon spells that are alternative to the norm. For instance, I may cast a Summon Magic spell, such as Odin. I may expect "Zantetsuken," "Slash," or "Protective Barrier," but may get an alternative such as "Saber Blessing," which grants a boost to my physical strength and attack speed with a chance of a one-hit-knockout, though that chance is slim (die roll: 20-21 on a 21-sided die) and subject to immunities. Those last for twenty seconds, by the way. I may also get "Yggdrasil Root," by which I get Regen and a one-time blessing of the ability to rise from a K.O. ((NOT DEATH; anything that outright kills him will still work)) with half of my normal health. ("Auto-Life" is granted.) There's no telling just how many "Alter" summons there are, the frequency of getting them, potential level of alteration control, et cetera, without significant study. As I said, this is a recently discovered ability that I presume to exist within the Blood Scepter. ((Note: This is primarily managed by mod/admin intervention, obviously by someone whom is not me. A mod/admin may decide that another ability is activated, may perform a coin flip/die roll to determine such, may require me to perform a coin flip/die roll, or whatever. When an alternate ability is activated, said mod/admin decides whether or not the cost gets adjusted. Finally, alternatives are registered on an odd basis: Even though the Eidolon (AY-doe-lon), Odin, the Eidolon (ie-DOE-lon), Odin, and the Summon Magic esper, Odin, are three different summons, all instances of Odin can result in the same alternatives.))

Kunai: I conceal kunai in various places in my clothing, have the marksmanship with them to pin a fly to a tree far away without killing it, and I'll always be practicing up and getting better, of course. There's nothing special about these. (10)

Armor ((All stats/parameters are factored into those that I express on my ability list. They all grow with Noah, so calculations are simple.))

Abyssal Suit: This nearly skintight (Think spandex, but less female-oriented.), full-body suit hides under my robes and cloak. It acts as a shock buffer, slightly reducing the KB and flinch factors of enemy attacks. The suit improves my already impressive agility and allows a limited stealth mode. I'm still trying to figure out what waves this thing emits, as they seem to be too high-frequency to be gamma rays or any other electromagnetic waves of longer wavelengths . . . They seem to disrupt all forms of identification, be they sight, smell, thermal energy, darkness signature, or anything else. The space in which I preside mimics, to the identification of others, that which surrounds it, so, if I'm in the stratosphere, my heat signature mimics that of the stratosphere, thus making me blend in to thermal vision, for example. The stealth mode operates by constantly draining my health, can only be sustained for roughly half an hour before a one-week cooldown, and ever-so slightly slows my movement. It's not much, though; I can still evade attacks that may happen to come my way, usually.

Umbral Robes: These robes vastly reduce damage that I take, especially from magic, and they also allow me to mentally augment KB effects of enemy attacks in a limited fashion. This isn't easy to explain, but I'll do my best. Simply said, let's say that an enemy tries to smash me away with a swing from a hammer. If I take the hit, I can make myself only slightly blown back, granting an excellent counterattack opportunity. On the other hand, an enemy may rush up and give a small jab to combine into a combo, right? Well, I can choose to be blown far back to get some distance. Not bad, huh? More than anything, these insanely boost my magical capabilities, which are already astronomical, to put it lightly. ((This is, of course, already factored in, and the KB adjustment is of a moderate degree, enough to make a noteworthy difference without being anything too special.))

Penumbral Cloak: This VASTLY improves my evasive capabilities ('cause they weren't high enough, aye?) by enhancing my instincts and reflexes while bestowing a mental ability to detect where magic is targeting, much the same as my magic can be, and it boosts my magical power (again, as though that wasn't already grossly high). I can and often do use my cloak to block attacks. It seems indestructible, though attacks still push through to deal reduced damage. I'd imagine that, if it were broken, it'd auto-repair. I hope that once I have to see this, it repairs itself quickly . . . Oh, this cloak also allows me to hide in the shadows, so I have another stealth mode (this one just working for sight, sound, and smell), in dark enough conditions, but this one doesn't have a cost. Well, it does have a time limit of fifteen minutes, and it does restrict my movement speed a bit . . .

Accessories

Grogh Shoes: These shoes seem to have growing effects. At this point, they have the following:
Move + 1 (simply gives each stride a bit of a "slide" through the air, granting larger dodges, easier chases, and the like)
Jump + 1 (rather self-explanatory)
Manafont (accumulate a touch of mana upon moving around in battle)
Lifefont (Manafont for HE)
Swim (. . . I can already swim . . . Thank you for the useless attachment . . .)
Lavawalking (As though this wasn't already a spectacularly useless ability for most cases, I'm a freaking Terramancer! I can already lavawalk or swim in it!)

Other

Chaos Satchel: This carries everything that I want it to and then some. Wait, no . . . Well, anywho, sticking things in here (It can teleport stuff inside if they're too big by aiming the open end at said stuff.) incites an immediate teleportation of the subjects to a seemingly infinite subspace storage vault, accessible only by me through this. It also reads my mind when I reach inside it to give me whatever I wish to retrieve. There's some sort of way that it identifies me, so, even if someone mimics my DNA, it can only be used by me, can only read my mind, and can not disclose my mind's contents to others. If you think that you can find any loopholes, let me know, and I'll likely share what I found to close such a loophole.

This is what I have so far, but I'm a “Heritor,” so I can become proficient in any weapon that I pick up.[/color]

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:32 am

I fixed some typoes, added a bit of clarification here and there, and toned the Blood Sceptre's Geomancy ability down slightly by adding a step. I also added the note that I have exactly 10 kunai hidden in my clothing.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

the General
Posts in topic: 3
Factions: Earth Alliance of Sanctity Treaty
Guild:

Post by the General » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am

Whoa whoa. Did I read that right. Lava walking and swimming.
That's some hot shit to just swim through. Does this mean noah in immune to fire attacks?
I mean if I found this loopholen you've gotta know it was there. Say if noah faught Aeon,
Aeon is my fire elemental mage, aeon would loose since all he can do is use fire, lava and earth spells. Please don't bitch me out saying I don't know anything or that I don't have the right to say this.
Burning in the Skies (Those Glorious Speech Moments)
phpBB [media]

Gliding With Courage (Battle's and Other Tense Moments)
phpBB [media]

Upon My Very Soul (Alternate Battle Theme)
phpBB [media]

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

No, it's just a Movement Ability. It does not apply to attacks; it only allows him to be immune to any harm from battle-stagnant lava. In other words, I can terramance an area into lava to restrict others' mobility, but be able to personally walk right over or swim right through lava. If someone sends a wave of lava after me, I'll take the hit just like anyone else. I had no intention to yell at you; that was an understandable misconception.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

the General
Guild:

Post by the General » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 pm

good, good, which reminds me.
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 am

Since Emmy bitched-out and Ezekiel, of course, never joined, I'd be the only one to enter with one of those keyblades. Therefore, in order to disperse them sensibly and with different creativity, I'm just taking Rapture out.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

the General
Guild:

Post by the General » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 am

Are you going to make a new weapon to replace the Keyblade?
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Nope.

Noah Ivaldi
Guild:

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 am

This was long overdue for an overhaul. I meant to get some fix-ups done sooner, but there were some copy pasta errors, then a bunch of real world shit got in my way, and . . . Well, you get the picture. Fortunately, I didn't have to make a whole bunch of significant changes, and it actually got a bit shorter. If you want to wait to judge Alter until you see my fixed ability list, that's fine, but this is otherwise ready for a full review.
Deadly Intensity
phpBB [media]

A Summoner's Harmony
phpBB [media]

Fantastic Ragnarok
phpBB [media]

Riot's Relinquishment
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Posts in topic: 4
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Approved, but with a caviat. Remember parrying with shity str and def will only block a small portion of damage, and as your speed isn't stellar enough to make as good of a dodger as other people may be accurate, you will still get blasted by physics attacks even when you parry. Mag attacks not so much.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:37 pm

I am aware of how parrying works. Do remember that parrying is reliant on a good item to parry with (e.g. my scepter) and, when properly performed, gives you a bit of a STR advantage. I sure as fuck don't expect this to be anything like Soul Cal's Guard Impacts, though, no. Thank ya'.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Ok. Well, just saying, if another physical character came after you, it'd still be a pretty sorry defense.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Agreed. Noah's basic idea of dealing with physics is, 'Give myself status effects to cushion the blows and help me get away, actually get away, put minions in the way, and parry what I can when I have to.'
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Fair enough. I just need to make sure he can be slaughtered just as easily BY an Oshgosh or Cho, as he himself can slaughter them.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah. Despite being a summoner, Noah will end up in a lot of quick battles unless he has allies. When he goes alone against someone like Osgosh, Choh, or Dycedarg ('cause Dyce isn't as strong, but autohits), it's a very . . . touchy battle.

Return to “Inventory”