Caleb's Character Creations - C3

Enter for generators (for names, titles, and such), makers (for appearances and stuff), and pictures that you are free to use for your own purposes.
K
Posts in topic: 1
Guild:

Caleb's Character Creations - C3

Post by K » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 pm

For the sake of active, thoughtful role-playing on Seinvocc, I typically encourage users to make their own characters of their own thoughts, though I'm far from unwilling to grant some rough guidance. Some people just want to control some truly awesome characters, but don't have the time/competence to build them personally. That's where this service comes in. For much cheaper than others charge, I can construct a character for you. My regulations are flexible and easy to follow, and my fees are low. You give me the material that you want to work from, send me the money, and I make a character that will blow you away; it's that simple. Your satisfactions is GUARANTEED; if you do not feel that my work is up to the pay grade, you may request a partial refund, you may request that I put more work into it/alter given details, or you may cancel the transaction entirely for a pathetically low cancellation fee (usually = 20% of the price for the work that I have already done on the assignment, including deadline and adjustment fees; negotiable). I reserve the right to omit any or all of those options at my own discretion if given a reason to do so, but each option will be available unless I inform you at least one day before the character is completed that an option(s) has been omitted. If you request a partial refund, we will personally discuss what is fair and agree on that. If we can not come to an agreement, you will have the option of either accepting the highest refund that I am willing to pay or taking another dissatisfaction option. While these are highly unlikely scenarios (since it is highly unlikely that you will be unsatisfied), it must be clear that I am making a character for you at a low, reasonable price; I am not simply granting characters until you decide on one that you like enough to keep, nor am I granting characters for nearly free. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when you order a character:

Deadlines
You can choose to impose a deadline on my work if you wish. If the deadline is very lenient, I may even let you do so without any extra charge. However, if I feel that the deadline will push me, before I start, I will tell you how much extra I will charge for the deadline. Such charges won't be excessive; they are unlikely to exceed about $15 at the most. However, if you give an especially hasty deadline, I will warn you that the particular character that you are ordering will turn out with proportionately low quality. It is in cases such as those that I am likely to omit the option to cancel the transaction. A fully developed character can usually be constructed within two weeks, but there are far too many variables to commit to any specified deadline without an additional charge.

Status Reports
After 72 hours have passed since I have accepted an assignment from you, you may request a status report on the character's formulation. I will respond as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. The status report will generally take the form of any documents and/or pictures that I have assigned to the character, but you may request information to your liking. This is to preserve the wishes of those whom would like to know if I have finished a character's bio, ability list, inventory list, and/or allies list, but would like the precise results to be a surprise. If any more than three status report requests are submitted to me from an individual on a single assignment within twelve hours, I will ignore any further requests until that twelve-hour period has expired. If you continue to request status reports in rapid succession, I reserve the right to impose a “flood charge” of no more than $10, provided that I inform you of said charge. I may impose a flood charge for each twelve-hour period with more than four status report requests. These request stipulations can be nullified if I personally inform you that you have been situationally pardoned. I will respond immediately upon receiving a status report request to inform you that I have received it. If I do not respond within twelve hours, resubmit the request, as I have not previously received it.

Price
After I have considered all the factors of an assignment, I will inform you of the price for the transaction before accepting the assignment. If you do not accept the price, we can re-negotiate. If we can not come to an agreed charge, the assignment will be canceled. Similarly, if any charges are applied or changed mid-assignment, you will receive notification of these changes and their reasons, which may include, but are not limited to, the addition of character details to the assignment (whether this refers to help from you, which would usually lower my price, or more character details to incorporate, which would usually raise my price), deadline changes, or flood charges. With the exception of the above mentioned flood charges, negotiation for any/all charges is available before I continue my work. Aside from deadline charges and flood charges, a character's price is primarily determined by the following factors:

Fairness Scale
By default, I will compose a character to be approvable here on Sein. If you would like the character to be adjusted otherwise, you must request so before I accept the assignment. You may change your selection mid-assignment, but I may charge an alteration fee for this. I may change my price to fit the difficulty of adjusting the character to different regulations than my site's standards. My fees for this aspect will usually not exceed $5, but I will determine the fee as proportioned to the predicted difficulty in such cases.

Name
I can name your character for a fee of $0.50. If you are unsatisfied with the name, you may make your own or request another try. After five attempts to satisfy, unless I choose to grant more tries, I will refuse to try further, and you may name the character without my help.

Theme
At least one theme (e.g. “necromancy,” “having something to do with music,” or “samurai who tries not to rely on his katana”) should be given to be followed for the character’s elements. If the assignment is to make a character completely from scratch, without even one significant theme, I will charge an additional $20. Additional themes may be added (and should be, to some extent). The themes that you give me to work with, especially if they are quite numerous or conflicting, will serve as a basis for the complexity of the character and its price. If you give me twenty different themes to mix into one character, I may charge extra. If you give me just one, expect the character to be relatively low in complexity, perhaps to the point that it will not meet your intended standards. In many cases, the optimal number of themes to be given is around 3-6, but it is a highly variable aspect. I can help you decide what themes to incorporate into the character, if you would like. That service is free.

Personal Details
Your character's standard information (such as height, weight, age, hair color, eye color, et cetera) can be composed for $1. After I have made these details, you may request additional elements or request any to be omitted. If several additional elements or highly complex elements are requested, I may raise the charge to fit the complexity, usually to no more than $3. I can compose your character's personality for $3 (simple), $5 (normal), or $10 (complex). You may request an intermediate charge for a personality of proportional complexity, or you may pay extra for an especially complex personality. A character's origin (by location) will cost $0.50. A character's past (known as its backstory) operates on the same cost scale as its personality, but the length allows more variation, so you must determine how complex and how long (at least as a rough estimate) you want it to be before I can give an exact price. Any elements to the character's personal details from you will be used to reduce the price by a proportional amount.

Abilities/Inventory
I will usually categorize these separately. As with all character elements, input from you will cause the price to vary; if you give a theme to operate from and tell me to work from there, I will do just that, and you will get the price of starting from scratch. If you mention that you would like the character to do X or have Y, I will work from there and will subtract what you gave me from my price. If you give me incompatible elements A and Z, I may charge a little extra for that. It is a very simple formulation, albeit such a variable one. On average, an ability or inventory list of moderate complexity with no given elements from you will cost roughly ~$15. Of course, it can be said that there are more exceptions to the rule than conformers, as is the case with most averages.

Allies
Tag-alongs and other sub-characters, including pets, friends with their own goals, et cetera, can be added. Their complexity can be considered to be the most variable aspect of all, as they could be anything from a simple pet monkey to an entirely new person with entirely new stuff, so no price estimate could be accurately given. However, depending on the price of the primary character, I may comp part or all of the ally's cost for you.

Additional Elements
If you would like anything that can not accurately be categorized otherwise to be made into your character, you may request so, but you must give at least a relative idea of what I am adding for me to compose it. Its price will be determined by how much work I put into it, as with all other aspects.

Payment
Payment or a statement that payment has been sent will be due within twelve hours of the transaction's completion, as accepted by you. I accept payment via Paypal, check, or money order. Cash is acceptable if given in person. Additional payment methods may be accepted if agreed upon mutually. If you lack the funds or method to pay for my services within twelve hours, unless I personally grant an extension, the character will be put to use at my discretion, likely as an auction item. Any charges that I impose must be paid in full; failure to do so will forbid you from receiving further service from me and may result in a lawsuit.

Copyrights
Once you have accepted and payed for a character, it is your responsibility. You may change it and use it at your discretion, and if someone else steals it, it is not my responsibility to find and punish the thief. However, if a character of mine (which can be defined as any character that I control or any character that is the result of an incomplete transaction) is used anywhere without my consent, the violation will be found, and the thief will receive punishment. Ordering a character, canceling it, and using it anyway to avoid payment will not go unpunished, nor will any other such theft of my characters.

Return to “More Resources”