Getting a start

The wide road down the center of the village is rife with all kinds of shops that sell a lot more than just souvenirs and seashells, though you can get those, too. The people of the village take turns at discretion with the markets daily, so you can never be sure just what is available on a day-to-day basis.
NPA
Posts in topic: 65
Guild:

Re: Getting a start

Post by NPA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Look, man, I don't know about dark knights where you're from, but "dark" and "evil" have nothing to do with each other, here. Any element, including light or darkness, can be used by any person. You can't make assumptions like that.

Oh, yes, please, come in.

*~Celle took a step back to leave Keyfie plenty of room to walk through the door while she held it open.~*

Keyfie would be able to see some others, at least a couple of which had prototypical paladin looks, approaching the new guy and exhorting him as the wind mage entered. The house's interior was what you would expect to see in a gaslamp fantasy novel. The walls, floor, and ceiling were planks of a wood that looked like a bright grain of cedar. There were two lamps, both with low-hanging hoods. One had what Keyfie might call blue-green fireflies, while the other was burning a purple flame, though the room was not tinted in any particular color. The furnishings were a loveseat on the left wall and a little circle of three recliners and two oaken rocking chairs in the middle. The one to Kenizz' right, straight ahead and toward the back of the room, was pushed back further than the others, furry, and entirely a deep crimson, sans the three black, horizontal stripes near the top where one's head would rest. The others were entirely black. As one may expect, various gadgets and gizmos dotted the left and right walls, but the one immediately behind and the one opposite to Keyfie were lined with a vast array of insignias, flags, and fetishes. Power outlets lined most of the lower end of the walls and part of the ceiling, but a majority of them were open. A spiral staircase in the far right corner led to more floors.

Keyfie
Posts in topic: 58
Money: $297
Abilities: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=965
Inventory: http://seinvocc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=966
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:55 pm

"Thank you." Keyfie states as he looks around at the interior design of the shop. He stops near the center of the room and turns so he faces one of the gadget-riddled walls to make it easier to see both Kenizz and Celle. "Your place looks great." Keyfie says, casting an appreciative glance around the room. His eyes stops at the lamps. Interesting. . .
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:41 pm

^The champion held still and silent, listening to the input of the others with what could only look like extreme paranoia, keeping his eyes dead-set on the doorway.^

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Other citizens of the Shallows continued to peaceably go on about the premise of light and darkness being independent from good and evil. Whether or not the problem was solved was up to the shiny kid, but, at least for the moment, the situation appeared to be pacified.

*~Celle closed the door behind Keyfie and lept over him, landing perfectly in her big recliner and swiveling around 360 degrees.~*

3DMG! What do you want to know?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 am

"Well, I would really like to know exactly what the latest standard model 3DMG features. I have some ideas that I would like to incorporate into mine. But, if the standard model already has something equal to or better as my idea it may make it easier on the both of us." Keyfie says as he leans against his swallow, turning to face Celle.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:37 am

*~She tapped her lower lip thoughtfully.~*

As far as I'm concerned, the last model that was "standard" to people was the ethanol-freezing, granulated talon ooze with basalt mixture-projecting kind from a couple years ago. When you say, "standard," what are you looking for?

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:34 pm

"Something that a humanoid of my proportions would be expected to have for the basic features of a 3DMG. In other words, I have no clue." Keyfie replies.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Humanoid . . .?

*~Celle glanced over at Kenizz warily.~*

()Kenizz shrugged nonchalantly.()

Must be a culture gap, 'cause he's clearly human. He's a hume.

Mm, okay.

He was asking about models that don't need to latch on to solid surfaces- He's a wind mage, so he asked about hooks that grab thickened air. -and particularly low encumbrance.

Convenience?

Learning curve shouldn't be a problem, and, well, wind mage.

Right.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 pm

"Look, I know that I am making hardly any sense to you, due to my ignorance of your society. What I am trying to say is that at this time, I would like a 3DMG that can help me travel at a faster speed than I can run on my two feet. I would like to keep it as light as possible and reinforce it as much as possible with protective properties. I want to be able to use it in combat situations as well, so having it react almost as instantly as my own body would be amazing. But I am not holding my breath." Keyfie looks from Kenizz to Celle. "Does that help?”
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Oh, you're fine, hun.

*~She had taken Keyfie's tone to be somewhat apologetic and perhaps frustrated.~*

So, you're looking to hookshot ((Yes, that's a regular phrase, here.)) condensed air with your model. I'm no wind mage, but isn't air condensation to that degree a bit strenuous?

()Taking a seat in the nearest recliner, Kenizz nodded and added,()

Unless you have an ability that makes you particularly adept at it, of course.

Well, yeah. Do you? Oh, right, feel free to take a seat wherever,

*~she permitted. In the blink of an eye, she had lept over to the back recliner. She reached down to its sides, from which she drew a screwdriver and what looked like a palm-sized, golden stopwatch.~*

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 pm

"Depending on the distance, size of the area I'm wanting to condense, and the length of time I would want to keep the air condensed. If I'm wanting to just pinpoint a small area and have the 3DMG grapple aim and hit that exact location it should be an extremely low cost to my power." Offers Keyfie as he takes a seat while keeping himself positioned to where the door is in his sight.
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 pm

In short bursts, you're right.

We like to account for all sorts of situations in long-term usage, though. Eventually, you're going to want to be able to do this at will.

*~Celle reached back and pulled a 3DMG with a pink paint job and green, glowing runes all over from the back of her recliner. As she stood up, it become suddenly equipped to her. She didn't pull the triggers; those were for the gatling guns. She just started flying around the room, stopping just short of running into clearly fragile and/or noisy objects before darting to other points. Sometimes, she came to a full stop, and she sometimes seemed to just bounce along. The points that she was headed toward alternated between being marked with light purple, floating, vertical rings and having no visible tracers at all. Her speed was blinding; to an ordinary person, this would look more like some demonic spazz crap from a horror movie. She ended hovering above her starting point. I say "hovering," but "hanging" is more accurate; she was hanging upside-down by her right foot in the middle of a purple ring with her left leg tucked behind her. That ring was the only one that had persisted for more than a moment. Keyfie had just watched her zip around to 38 different points in the room in the span of about 8.1 seconds.~*

You said that you'll be using your energy for propulsion, too, so it makes sense to have a system that can make its own latch points if you can't. It may not sound like much of a concern where you're from, but plenty of attacks will damage your mana, chakra, and concentration directly; backups are never out of order, here.

Where did you say that he's from, again?

Not totally sure.

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:41 am

"Let's just say that where I'm from, a lot of things that is possible here in unheard of." Keyfie says with a slight chuckle. "If there is a way to get the speed and control I would like without having to use my own abilities would be great. And it would be one less thing to worry about on my part." Keyfie stares up at the ceiling momentarily. "Is there anything that could be used for the propulsion that would either recharge by itself with a long usability? And maybe have the lines be that magnetized line with the hooks being able to attach to most, if not every, surface. . . Including condensed air as a precaution." Keyfie then stands up and starts pacing in front of the chair as he continues. "Problem with the magnetized line is that I am sure there are individuals out there that can demagnetize it, need to protect it from that somehow. Most likely an enchantment. But that would mean the enchantment would need protection as well, same with any other enchantment or a single dispel will turn the 3DMG into decorative scrap." Keyfie runs his fingers through his hair as he breathes in with his eyes closed. He let's the breath out and opens his eyes with a gleam of determination. "I know that your the expert on 3DMGs here, Celle. So I'm going to leave it to your professional opinion. All I will say is I want it to be a means of transportation for me that requires little to no extra power from me. I like the latch system that 3DMG you're wearing uses. Maybe we could incorporate something like that? I also want it to be protected so its basically invulnerable to anything. Now what to do about security for it. . . I don't want someone to just steal it and I be out of luck."
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 am

Gotcha'. Mm-hmm. Mmm . . . I see. I take it that you're wanting a dependable, not disposable unit.

Maybe explaining that unit will help. It seems like he's kinda' overwhelmed, so going over some specifics could help his perspective.

I agree. Well, as you saw, I was propelled toward rings of non-elemental magic. When they are deployed, I choose whether they are visible or not. They immediately enact two forces; one pulls me, and the other stops me once I reach them. Therefore, even if someone does dispel them immediately, they still work. When they're just coming into existence, they have pretty strong anti-dispulsion protection, too, so it's incredibly difficult for someone to interrupt my decision as to whether or not I want the ring to exert another force to make me immediately bounce away after reaching a latch point.

*~Celle stood sideways and pointed at her left silo, which now featured a diagram on its side that showed its inner contents, making it effectively transparent. She pointed at the center, then from front to back as she explained,~*

Because this is all controlled by this pink-purple culfruub crystal in that steel mental modulator ring, there is plenty of room in the front for these backups: Those two little cannons shoot mentally controlled electromagnetism matrix generators, those two shoot magical magnet gems that do the same thing, but magically, that one shoots grenades, that one is for stun shots and neurotoxins, and that one shoots the rope. Those are the external feeds for the cannons- I can reach in and pull something to toss it manually, that way. -and the subspace storage access points are the rings at the back of them. Each subspace pocket holds at least ten times what you see here and a feeding machine, but I fight a couple that likes to shut down metadimensional storage, so you know. The openings at the front are enchanted to turn everything that passes through them invisible, which can be mentally toggled, of course. Then, there's all this space in the back for these extra tools and weapons on this rotating cylinder and my little robot helpers inside it. You with me so far?

*~She had whipped through the information so quickly that Keyfie would hardly have a chance to get a word in edgewise, but this, to her, was the best way to explain it in segments to answer questions before they came up.~*

Keyfie
Guild:

Post by Keyfie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:15 am

Keyfie listens with bright shining eyes as he soaks in the information flooding his mind. Keyfie examines the inner contents of the left silo. Once Celle finishes, Keyfie looks up at her with a slightly worried expression. "But wouldn't the crystal eventually run out of a charge and shatter?" Keyfie shakes his head slightly. "I would want my 3DMG to be able to be used virtually indefinitely without needing to restock or maintain overly much. The invisibility and the antidispulsion is very nice. And the reaction time is fantastic. The different shots is, to me, a bit much. Maybe we could use a smoke screen instead and maybe something that would pin someone, or something down?"
Inquisition
phpBB [media]

Conversing
phpBB [media]

Battle Theme
phpBB [media]

Return to “Village Broadway”