( I'd like a Pokemon... )

Located just south of the school, close to the southwest edge, this is where Civilians go to get their first pokémon, where pokétrainers can go to have their little monsters healed, and the location of the village's local teleportation pods.
Mei Yi Sheng
Posts in topic: 8
Guild:

( I'd like a Pokemon... )

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Here at last, Mei Yi looked around the Pokemon Center...she was not very good with directions; the people she asked to direct her to the center seemed to take her in circles. Downtrodden, she found a person whom was graceous enough to lead her there... Her guide, whom had let her go in first, tapped her on the shoulder and pronounced that he was going to leave and to have a nice day. Mei Yi nodded in an exaggerated manner and waved slightly to him as he left... She took out her whiteboard and a marker, writing what she wanted to come here for first, and then approached the counter... "Excuse me...I heard I could get a Pokemon... My name is Mei Yi Sheng and I am a Civilian..."

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

((Hm... While you did it in an interesting and well-written manner, I have to point out that there was a bit of bunnying in that post. The NPCs around the village are to be handled by Shallows Citizen or other NPAs, so you shouldn't dictate them in your post. If you want things to go a certain way or just wish to expedite things, you can always send a PM. Actually, in your case, since you're an admin, you can just post to yourself as Shallows Citizen, if you so desire. Basically, as long as the "Mei Yi Sheng" posts don't contain actions by people who aren't Mei Yi Sheng or allies, it's all good. ^_^ By the way, I'm not trying to scold you; I just want to inform you of the proper way to do things. -patpats-))

^Nurse Joy immediately answered,^

Certainly. Our standard stock- Wait, you can hear, right?

^Fiddling around in some cabinets, she glanced back at the mute girl. She knew that one can tell if another can hear by a look in in the eyes that signified thoughts flowing.^

Our standard stock is Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cindaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Today, we also have Munna, Panpour, Pansage, and Pansear. If you're looking for more utility, the three monkeys are super-effective~!

^She giggled at her little joke, but she kept her eyes open to gauge Mei Yi's response. She assumed that, since the girl was mute, some utility is what she would want, but, then again, all civilians need to get themselves protected, too.^

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 am

(( ...I am sorry...thank you, I will do better next time...))

Mei Yi blinked and thought a little. She could only pick one, right...? Slowly, she ran through all the evolution of the Pokemon. Her hand erased her board again and this time she drew what looked like a turtle with water sprouting from its mouth. Yes, she had wanted a Squirtle...which hopefully would help her be able to cross over water and when it evolved, it could help defend her. Mei Yi gave a cute smile to Nurse Joy as she pointed excitedly at the turtle out on the board, as if she couldn't see...

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:16 am

((Don't mention it. ^^))

^The nurse leaned forward to get a good look at the board.^

You want a Turtwi- Oh, that's a Squirtle! For a second there, the water looked like the twig on Turtwig's head! Right, then.

^She closed one cabinet and reached into another. She grabbed a Poke`ball from it and made some motions with her other arm in it. She was pushing some drawers closed inside the cabinet. Before closing the last one, she took a look at the Poke`ball to be sure that it was a Squirtle, and it was. She plucked another Poke`ball and inspected it as she asked,^

Male or female?

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 am

She erased her board, thinking...Blastoises were typically male weren't they? It suddenly struck her that a guardian type of Pokemon very much reminded her of her.......she wrote down the symbol for male and showed it to Nurse Joy, her eyes downcast. At the bottom was a little writing of"Thank you....

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:29 am

^Nurse Joy put away one Poke`ball and slid its drawer shut as she confirmed,^

A boy one? Here you go, then! You're quite welcome.

^Putting the orb into the girl's hands, she closed the cabinet.^

Now, just to confirm, your name is Mei Yi Sheng, right?

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 pm

She nodded to Nurse Joy's question as she took the sphere into hand, cradling it gently. She would open it later...just to make sure she knew, she wrote it on her board as well..."Yes...Mei Yi Sheng."

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Got it. I'm glad that I pronounced it correctly.

^As she said this, it occurred to her that pronounciation wasn't something that Mei Yi worried about. Oh, well.^

You should go catch some Poke`mon that are effective against grass- and electric-types. ^^

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

"Yes...I shall do that. Do you sell Pokeballs here?" She wrote on her board next. She hoped so...she would like to go and find more Pokemon for herself, including the ones that Nurse Joy suggested.

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes; there is a clerk at a counter upstairs. They're four dollars apeice. ^_^

^She pointed to the staircase that was behind Mei Yi and along the left wall.^

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 am

Mei Yi went up stairs, pocketing the Pokeball with Squirtle in it. She would have to think of a good name for him. Ascending the stairs, Mei Yi went to the counter which Nurse Joy had told her about. "I need Pokeballs...can anyone help me?" her sign said. She held it out for everyone in the room to see.

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 am

^There was just one guy in a shark skin diving suit picking out some wares off the Poke`Mart shelves and the cashier clerk. She looked up from a book that she was reading- The title was in some strange, illegible markings. -for a moment and noticed the girl oddly holding the sign.^

Um, sure. How many do you want?

^The man answered,^

I beg your par- Oh.

^He dropped it at that and went back to selecting items.^

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 am

Mei Yi thought for a moment, blinking...then erased and wrote "Just four please...". Meanwhile, her shaking hand went into her coin purse to bring out the money which it totaled to. She was so excited...it would be fun to have other Pokemon...

NPA
Guild:

Post by NPA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 am

Sixteen dollars, please.

^She placed four of the capturing orbs on the counter and waited for the girl to hand her the money.^

Mei Yi Sheng
Guild:

Post by Mei Yi Sheng » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:50 am

She went into the coin purse and took out sixteen dollars...Mei Yi slid the money across the table with a smile, giving the lady exact change and then took the Pokeballs and put them into her giant yellow bag... She also put in there her white board, which she was done with today...Turning to wave at the clerk as a thank you, she left the Poke'Center.

Return to “Shallows Pokécenter”