Bill's Inventories

Sometimes, threads or posts should be deleted, yet still hold some purpose, such as exemplification. In such cases, they will be moved here, so that they are not to be considered as actual occurrences of their respective forums, but can still be viewed for whatever alternative reason.
K
Posts in topic: 41
Guild:

Re: A SpamGun's Inventory [WIP]

Post by K » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Yes, assuming that the cost fits.

That makes no sense whatsoever. So, if the attack isn't immune to being affected by Graviton Fields after an initial hindrance, they stack. Think, man.

Yes.

Hilarious. -_-

Good.

So it has a very high attack speed... The cost will have to outweigh the power a tad.

So you get a fairly nice power boost and a speed boost to your attacks for quite a small cost. Really? -.-

Okay. The power factor is dispersed across your shots (just as I said with Samus), so don't be suprised if the shots do diddly squat to some more defensive characters *coughDycedargcough*.

Not acceptable. That essentially means that you get all the special effects for free. It's okay to have a bit of an effect advantage over the cost, but with the greater effects, you need slightly greater costs.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Posts in topic: 15
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 pm

[2dited]

That makes no sense whatsoever. So, if the attack isn't immune to being affected by Graviton Fields after an initial hindrance, they stack. Think, man.

A: changed it to make sense.

So it has a very high attack speed... The cost will have to outweigh the power a tad.

A: as we went over on yahoo, it is now fixed.

So you get a fairly nice power boost and a speed boost to your attacks for quite a small cost. Really

A: I miss said something, sorry

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 am

I really don't see the point in the sentence about the malfunctioning system, but whatever... A ** cost per field would work.

Good.

Baralai works, now.

Oh, right, Link is magical. Replace Dycedarg with any of the high-RES chars. >> It still needs a cost.

Now, looking back over the entire thing, there are more aspects to revise.

Rikku: Read my lips, Bill: There is no such thing as metaphysical damage. There are metaphysical attacks, but they deal either magical damage, physical damage, or a mix. In addition, metaphysical attacks have a wide variety of calculations; you can't just say that something's metaphysical and walk away. We've been over this time and time again.

The gravity missile needs a cost that surpasses its power because of its powerful draw-in effect. I told you this. Pay attention.

Do the explosive missiles only factor your MAG, but turn 1/4th of the power into physical damage? Also, about how big are the explosions?

The Neural Disruptor needs a cost that exceeds its power. You can't have a powerful effect, like an intense draw-in effect or a massive flinch factor, for free.

Now, think about this: You made it so that everything is mythril. So are the Hammerheads. How are they any tougher? Are they magically enhanced to be tougher, or do you want to change the material? Once you make a decision on that, if it's just a tad tougher, it's fine as it is, but if it's significantly tougher (as you've had it before), see the previous paragraph.

Go up two paragraphs to see what I say about the MEMs.

Samus: It now operates in single shots, eh? How long must you wait between shots with it?

HSCP: Like I said, the last sentence is still incomplete, and it makes it really hard to see what you're getting at. Furthermore, does it work on living targets? What if the target can't fit into your pocket?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am

Question: for the Graviton Missile, MEM and Nueral Disruptor, do you understand that the missile casing itself is just like that of a water balloons. It is only there to hold what's inside and does hurt in the least.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 pm

You should have specified that before... You know, like when I SPECIFICALLY ASKED if that was the case? -_- The gravity and mental missiles don't require power factors, then, unless you want their effects to have power factors as relativizations rather than what you say in the descriptions. Wait, you implied that you wanted the gravity missile to deal damage. In fact, I specifically mentioned that aspect in parts of our conversation on it, and you didn't say anything. Make up your damned mind.

Explosive: Since it deals with a firey explosion, not a non-elemental explosion that appears to be fire, you have to distribute the elemental affinities. Also, there's o such parameter or stat as MP, so fix that.

Hammerhead: That works.

Samus: That also works.

HSCP: Better. You can bring the cost down, if you want. Now, what's this about being unable to work on anything that isn't made from your magic? How is it able to store anything, then? I mean, your missiles are summoned and sent flying immediately, so I don't really see you storing them... Clarify.

Point of clarification: So, all of these depend on your MAG but the Baralai, which operates on your STR?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:26 pm

ou should have specified that before... You know, like when I SPECIFICALLY ASKED if that was the case? -_- The gravity and mental missiles don't require power factors, then, unless you want their effects to have power factors as relativizations rather than what you say in the descriptions. Wait, you implied that you wanted the gravity missile to deal damage. In fact, I specifically mentioned that aspect in parts of our conversation on it, and you didn't say anything. Make up your damned mind.

A: Gravity missile is no onger gonna deal damage, it's just a "you're staying put" weapon. So as you states I shall remove the power factor part.

Explosive: Since it deals with a firey explosion, not a non-elemental explosion that appears to be fire, you have to distribute the elemental affinities. Also, there's o such parameter or stat as MP, so fix that.

A: I shall change that to a non elemental explosion, I'm gonna be adding in Elemental Missiles soon along with her non magic summoned weapons.

Hammerhead: That works.

Samus: That also works.

HSCP: Better. You can bring the cost down, if you want. Now, what's this about being unable to work on anything that isn't made from your magic? How is it able to store anything, then? I mean, your missiles are summoned and sent flying immediately, so I don't really see you storing them... Clarify.

It is unable to work on her mythril summoned magic weapons. I was more or less refering to if she summons her baralai or the samus she can't just stick it in the pocket.

Point of clarification: So, all of these depend on your MAG but the Baralai, which operates on your STR?

Yes, unless otherwise stated

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 pm

How does it immobilize targets if it moves? >>

Good.

Um... You really need to rethink this... a lot. Your description just doesn't match what you're getting at.

Good.

By the way, I just noticed something: At the beginning, look at the clarification that you made about the materials. How are your disposables made from mythril?
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Stuff has been edited as discusses by K and I via yahoo messenger

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Dude, no, your expendables are not made of magic, and they don't turn back into magic (for you to absorb and reuse, thus making them infinite)... Just have normal expendables like everyone else...

Take out the bit about costs being relative to the power factor unless otherwise stated, since you now state the cost for each of them.

For the gravity missiles, if they don't burst upon hitting a target for damage like most missiles, what's to stop them from carrying a target forward infinitely?

The neural missiles are okay. You can turn the cost down a bit, if you want.

MEM: So, what do you mean about expanding around the target? If you're trying to make an Ether Boost ripoff, that's not how it works.

Look, I want you to read this: "Items that are not made from her magic such as "Samus" Beam-Shot Rifles or the "Baralai" Beam Blade can not be put into the pockets."
You say that they are made from your magic. You then imply that they aren't. This could be fixed with a little bit of English competence.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Dude, no, your expendables are not made of magic, and they don't turn back into mana (for you to absorb and reuse, thus making them infinite)... Just have normal expendables like everyone else...

A: by expendable you meant ammo not the weapons. The ammo for the weapons is magic, such as the element beams and the plasma magic beams. These weapons should actually be under the Abilities section since they arnt really weapons but magically summoned weapons built from magically assembled mythril.

Take out the bit about costs being relative to the power factor unless otherwise stated, since you now state the cost for each of them.

A: will do

For the gravity missiles, if they don't burst upon hitting a target for damage like most missiles, what's to stop them from carrying a target forward infinitely?

A: they do burst upon hitting the target, I'll have to edit stuff.

The neural missiles are okay. You can turn the cost down a bit, if you want.

A: okay

MEM: So, what do you mean about expanding around the target? If you're trying to make an Ether Boost ripoff, that's not how it works.

A: its supposed to be the sphere expands from the point where it detonated. I'll edit that in.

Look, I want you to read this: "Items that are not made from her magic such as "Samus" Beam-Shot Rifles or the "Baralai" Beam Blade can not be put into the pockets."
You say that they are made from your magic. You then imply that they aren't. This could be fixed with a little bit of English competence.

A: will fix that

K
Guild:

Post by K » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 pm

-facedesks repetitiously- No, these are weapons. You summon them to where you are and dismiss them, but these are specific weapons with specific limits. Back to the topic, if you have a system in which mana = ammo, I can't imagine what "expendables" would cover... Couldn't possibly be the disposable items at the bottom of the list, no. Dude, really, put some thought into things before you respond.

MEM: Then if it meets a weapon, shield, or something else that can block metaphy attacks, it stops expanding.

Good.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 pm

[Edited by the way]

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Gravimetric Torpedo: Okay, let's get this straight once and for all. It has a moving, intense draw-in effect, thereby equating to a guaranteed KB factor, but no damage. The missile is only a gravitational distortion courier, thereby does not exist physically, and does not damage magically. If this is the case, you can turn the cost down a couple notches.

Explosive Missiles: Fully magical damage, now? Okay, whatever.

MEM: This part will confuse others (I'm the only one who gets it because I'm the one who discussed it with you.): "It deals flat-rate damage, no matter where it hits. If it is not a direct hit, the MEM's sphere deals less damage." The first part of what you are trying to say is that its damage does not discriminate between weak points or tough points, but hits any body part evenly. This is an assumed property of attacks that deal magical damage, so if this is supposed to deal magical damage, you can drop that first sentence. Secondly, you are trying to say that the power is greater if the target is hit by initial impact, rather than by being barely touched by the perimeter of the explosion. This is an abnormal property for attacks that deal magical damage, and even many attacks on the site that deal physical damage have an effect to surpass this normal property of physics. I would recommend giving this attack a property to damage evenly whether the attack hits from the centerpoint or barely nicks the target. If you do want to keep the normal property of physics and make the explosion lose power as it goes, state the power factor for a direct hit, and the magnitude will be assumed to drop to that power factor minus an amount that can be represented by one asterisk (maximum damage of ***, minimum of **, for instance, if power factor = ***). You can set a greater or lesser reduction if you want.
Unrelatedly, there is a clear error in this ability that you really should see, since I've only beat it into your head ten thousand times. I'm tired of repeating myself just so that you can ignore me, so I'm going to wait and let you figure it out.

Baralai: You really should say in its description what stats of yours are used, if it's not 100% MAG. This is just a forewarning that you set the damage to half-and-half, but didn't specify that it uses anything but your MAG.

HSCP: "Items that are not made from her magic." This is NOT a complete sentence. It doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't make sense, it's in the way of the stuff that DOES make sense. The last sentence is fine; you can just use that. However, you're going to have to limit it from living subjects, at least for now. Finally, you don't need to give it a cost if you don't want to.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Sakuya
Guild:

Post by Sakuya » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 pm

[Edited in 30 seconds] talked over yahoo again and made corrections.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 pm

MEM: "Speed is equal to Sakuya's." Now, this doesn't specify what you're talking about. If you mean the missile speed, I thought that you were going to set them all to Sakuya's SPD, in which case this is redundant. If this is the explosion speed, as you mentioned in Y!M, you should say that it's the explosive velocity, and you can set it much higher if you want.

Baralai: Does it use her STR for the physical damage and MAG for the magical damage calculations, or is there another system (such as the following: "The wielder's MAG and STR are calculated half-and-half, then the total power is divided evenly into magical and physical damage." The difference about this system is that it will still deal half-and-half damage when one stat is higher than another.

HSCP: I'm not going to say it again. Re-read what I aready said and see what you're missing.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Purposeful Deleted”