Jump Mechanics

Forum-related issues, such as role-playing discrepancies, loading problems, reports of unfair moderation/administration, et cetera, should be posted here. Personal issues and the like should be posted in Spam or a likewise appropriate area, while issues that relate to the site itself should be stated here.
Lamonte
Posts in topic: 14
Guild:

Re: Inheritance - Instincts

Post by Lamonte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 am

Sigh... Honestly... Whatever. I don't even give a shit about this or the site now... It IS hyperbole man... It is... And in a fantasy world if you can't figure out a way to cross a gap... THAT is ritarded.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 am

Whatever. The fact is that I'm not fucking over the whole site for one man's obsession with running everything. You're the one who had to turn it into a dicking game, and you're the one who can't play with others. If you can't bring yourself to let others dictate their own damned chars, you're right; this is not the place for you. Go somewhere that you can be the head dick. Bye.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:51 am

No dude... I didn't do shit... I did what you asked me to do... Honestly, I was trying to help... If you are so quick to assume that criticism is betrayal it is little wonder you can't keep admins and mods... And you know what else... FUCK you man... I'm putting up with this abuse after I got dumped because I care about you... And you wanted my help with this site... And when you didn't like the help I offered you insult me, call me the head dick, and dismiss me..?
FUCK you. I don't get treated this shitily by complete strangers on facebook, but my own friend has his head that far up his ass. Well piss on you.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am

I didn't ask you to come back and shit on the site. I didn't ask you to come here and be a flaming bitch because you don't get to run the site on your second day back. This is not help. This is you trying to force your way onto everyone else. You're being an emotional bitch. And, hey, you want to play that game? With such a superiority complex, it's no wonder why you can't keep a girlfriend. Go ahead. Keep blaming me for others' shittiness. See how you like it.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 am

Actually you asked me to come back and give my input. Which, I did. And I'm an emotional bitch, says the little pussy who was crying...

Ha! You know what the funny thing is..? Considering she dumped me because I wouldn't stop hanging out with you, I may actually be able to use this to my advantage. Wow was she right, asshole. At least now she'll probably take me back since I can officially crawl back and say "You were right about him. He turned on me the second day back. Over jumping." So thanks in a wierd way.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 am

Good. Go back to the bitch. Go lie to her and tell her that I was the one who dropped you. Go lie about how I was the one who was forcing my ways onto a site that I had been on for two days. Go lie your little ass off. You're losing a much better friend than I'm losing.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 am

Sure dude. You know why I have friends and you don't? You know why Nhobelyn chose me over you? Its called give and take man. You have to give more value to other people's ideas an feelings than your own. You are incapible of this. That is why Trevor left. Why Chris left. But not me. Because I can't fucking help myself. I won't actually crawl back to Nhobelyn, she will never know about this (although you are out of line calling her a bitch dude), and I won't throw our friendship away. I KNOW you can't help yourself, and honestly I knew this would happen... When it comes to this site you can't help but act this way. SO even though you owe me a major apology for the way you are treating me, I know I won't get one. But I'll tell you what. Keep your jump mechanic then. I'll play your way and that's fine, but don't ask me to approve/endorse anything. I'm not comfortable with it and its only fair. Deal?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 am

Trevor left because he's lazy. Chris left because he's a hypocritical bitch. I don't give a shit why Nho chose you over me. I do have friends. I don't have three hundred fakes; I have a small handful of real friends.
Yes, I can't help but take shit seriously when people come onto a site that I explicitly designed to be open to people's creativity, open to customization, and throw a fit because I won't force their limitations onto everyone.
You owe lots of apologies that I know better than to expect. Are you seriously going to stick around? You must forgive some skepticism, here; you must admit that this is rather out-of-character (no pun intended) to you.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Yeah. Why the fuck not. If I don't stick around no one will. But you need to seriously think that when as many people walk out on you as you have had it's not them. Its you. Just think about that.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Whatever. You know better than that. You know that people are unreliable and lazy. If you were to leave, I'd still have Jimmy, Sean, Arma, Tayl, and some others that don't go out of their way to find something to bitch about and force on everyone else. Komo didn't leave because of anything on the site; he left because of that misunderstanding that I told you about. I could go on, but I'm not going to bother. You know better than to try to guilt-trip me for others' failures.

Put up your other RPs. As I said, the passwords for your old accounts are all temppass. You're going to operate on Beau, Chuck, Harlequin, and Osgosh, right? I'll move them to the right forums when confirmed.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Lamonte
Guild:

Post by Lamonte » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

I don't know man... This seems... not as fun anymore.

K
Guild:

Post by K » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 pm

"Anymore?" You haven't given it a try. You literally sought out something to complain about on your second day back. You're so upset about jump mechanics because I don't want to make an announcement to the whole site to say, "Hey, Max wants STR to count for jumping, so everyone needs to revise their stats accordingly!" that you're going around the internet and complaining about what a tyrant I am while you act like there is no fun to be had. I'm refusing to force everyone into your way, and that makes me a tyrant to you. Therefore, the entire game is no fun. You're spinning things to try to make me look bad and ruin Sein because we aren't handing all the toys to you. That's just childish, man.

Look, I've asked others about this. I'm not just doing things my way because it's my site. People are reading this and asking me why I am bothering to explain things to you, but I'm being nice enough to keep trying, anyway. Going onto a freedom-heavy site and trying to force everyone into your paradigm is enough to incite most admins to swing the banhammer. I'm still trying to work with you, not because I worship your RPing or because you can invite others, but because I just want this problem to die so that we can get along and play.
People accept small breaks in reality for low fantasy. This is high fantasy, so reality breaks are more than easily accepted.
Better than elsewhere, I actually have a logical explanation for this break. I have that dimensional ripple property to explain the equivalency of STR and SPD.
Better than elsewhere, this break in reality doesn't exist at random, to fuck over newbies. This break exists so that the stats are of equivalent value, making it easy to calculate things so that characters can be fair. Fair as in actually fair, not "lol idc" fair.
Better than elsewhere, I even allow you to fuck with things on your own char to fit the paradigm differently. I told you that anyone is free to have an ability to synchronize your dimensions of your muscles so that you can calculate your jump mechanics your way.

In all seriousness, you are asking me to force some random property onto everyone's chars for no reason. This isn't even relevant to you or your gameplay in the slightest. You are SOLELY out to mess with others, here. I am not being tyrannical about anything. I am defending others' rights to customize their chars fairly. If any power-based accusations can be made, it is that you are attempting to usurp the authority to dictate the paradigm.
This is not RPGuilds. We don't have ten thousand trololol RPs a day. We don't have one or two people that come up with some story and some paradigm, then only the people that can get along with it play. This is Houcm. In Houcm, the paradigm is, when all is summed up, "make it fair and logical," and that's it. We don't have to conform to real world physics. We certainly don't have to conform to them selectively, as determined by you. You don't get to decide everyone's mechanics. It's my site, my thousands of hours of work, and I don't get to decide everyone's mechanics. I work with them for fairness and logic, but they ultimately have the freedom.
You know this concept, man. You're smarter than this. Your right to swing your arm around ends at my nose. In this case, it's your right to swing your arm around ending at a lot of noses. I don't see why you feel that you have to dictate everyone into your own paradigm that you call logical. Why can't you just get along and let people run their own chars?

While I was typing this, I asked someone else about the jumping mechanic (specifically to find out if anyone else feels that I'm tyrannical).

"Honestly
I think that RPGs should have acceptable breaks from reality like that
Where speed governs things like that
Or like D&D where people have the option of choosing if their strength or speed governs it"
"Yeah. And I told him that he can have an ability to make it work to his way for his chars."

That's from the former Espada that I just met. Yes, Espadas are very. . . Well, they're Espadas. He did quit. Anyway, say what you will, but this guy has been RPing online for longer than both of us put together, and he understands that a small break from real world logic isn't the end of all reason.
Yes, you can combat this by pointing to your fanatical followers and denoting their compulsive agreement. You can just keep saying, "I'm right; you're wrong; do it my way," or whatever. You could also just drop it, let it go, and play fairly. You could even let people know that the whole reason for me standing against this jump mechanic debauchery was because I am in favor of everyone's individual freedom, not just the freedom of Max. If you want to be mature, that would be your path. If you want to be less mature, you can still just let people play their own chars, you can play yours, and leave the evaluations of fairness to me and a select few others. Please, just stop acting like it's anyone else's fault but yours that you don't get along with something so trivial as others' jump mechanics. Stop acting like the site is so horrible and not at all fun because you disagree with some calculations.

You have already admitted that you don't like RPGuilds and other sites because their rules are "lol idc." Here, I am simply trying to enforce a rule of, "Don't force your shit onto everyone else," which is iterated many times over throughout the site and everyone but you agrees on. Why is that so much to ask of you. . .? Can you please just leave it alone. . .?

K
Guild:

Post by K » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, as you all can see, I have been quite patient in dealing with this little matter, but he has yet to respond, and I'm not sure that he intends to. As far as I'm concerned, it's his loss and that of those who follow him religiously and demonize me because everything doesn't go Max's way. Anyway, even though everyone already agrees that I handled this correctly, it wouldn't look right for me to outright delete it. Who knows? Maybe he'll get on and continue the discussion, and I'll just have moved this out of the way of Noah's abils. Maybe someone else will come along and decide to file some contribution. Any sort of commentary or discussion is welcome, whether you want to pick up Max's torch, tell me that you would quit if I were to fuck with the site on such a whim, vocalize your support for logical freedom, suggest a relevant reformation of the site, or whatever. As I always say, I don't stand on a pedestal; I want to hear what you guys think. Just don't expect me to change everything as soon as anything is suggested; you can expect a logical discussion.
Resolute Myth
phpBB [media]

Grey Ultima
phpBB [media]

Return to “Forum Issues”